<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Romney destroyed obama.

Obama is not fit to be president

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have to wonder if this short story I wrote is actually going to come true. Last night showed a teary eyed and upset Chris Matthews complaining about Obama failing in the first debate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's because he didn't have his teleprompter! Hahahaha! He was even trying to interrupt before Romney was done speaking so he didn't forget what he was going to say. I did not get to watch every minute of it, but I am so disappointed at who we get thrown at us. I can't complain much though either, I can't vote for either of them. I don't want my children growing up in communist USA, and Romney is another illuminati shill. They are all cousins, some more distant than others. Romney fits the family pride bill better anyway, Obama was just a scapgoat, IMHO.

We will just have to wait and see what happens at this point, I only hope that we have a recognizable country left when it is all over.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
America - if you smell something burning it's because the president just got SMOKED.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That said...President Obama is nothing if not competitive. I suspect we are in for a different kind of fight come the next debate.

I think a lot of people are kidding themselves on this one.

Personally, I've been saying for the last year that it's clear that Obama doesn't want to be President any longer.

Heck, Obama couldn't even pull it out at the DNC. Even Joe Biden gave a better speech than Obama.

I expect the debate on foreign policy to be worse than this one. If Obama even mentions the "Innocence of Muslims" video or mentions one word about being respectful of Muslim's feelings, he's done for. No one is going to fall for that crap and Romney will call him out on it. That's just for starters. Obama's going to get hammered regarding the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
im an german,so first sorry about my english

i think both of the candidates living behind the moon and none of them can really change the usa.
first about Romney and healthcare,of course anybody have a right to get healthcare in a equal way that the minimum of solidarity in a modern state.
example in germany every bagger have the right of a equal healthcare and also every millionare.
i can not see the problem of the discussion in the us,when it comes to sickness the state have a duty to help anybody,no more no less!
it will not hurt the usa when poor pepole get free healthcare,look at germany they have free healthcare for poor and workless pepole and it was never hurt the economy!!
on the other side obama is also not better then bush,take every war for grandet around the world and waste the money of the taxpayer instead to spend the money in the us.
i don't know what the usa doing in all this moslems countrys,they do not like the us anyway.
look at china they do not care for all the mess in other countrys and conzentrade on buisness,good buissness wins any war without wappons!
i can tell you easely,when the usa not chance dramatic in a short time of periode the collapse of the usa will coming soon,im shure!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

You're the silly one, mods should be neutral like debate moderators, otherwise they can be like cops and take out their frustration on those that disagree with them. If you're gonna be a mod this is something you should understand and be neutral otherwise be a member not a mod.

Post deleted and a warning given in 3...2...1...

If a mod participates in a thread as a member they cannot under their own rules then perform an act of "moderation" in that thread.

It’s actually quite simple. They are not paid just members who have proven they have a level head and good judgment to - moderate content for the good of the community. If you took away their ability to participate then they'd have to be compensated as they'd be "working".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by PvtHudson

Obama loving MSM (msnbc) - Romney loving MSM (Fox)... it's like splitting hairs on the devil's backside.

Her eI'll fix it for you since you guys can never be honest.

Obama loving MSM (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS/NPR)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
"Not since Jimmy Carter faced Ronald Reagan has the U.S. presidency been so embarrassingly represented in public. Actually, that’s an insult to Jimmy Carter."

I thought that George W. Bush (when he debated John Kerry) did even worse than Obama last night. And yet, even though George W. Bush was awful in the debate, the country still voted for him. I see history repeating itself with Obama. He did horrid (not as horrid as Bush43 IMHO) .. but the country will still be voting for him.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Personally, I've been saying for the last year that it's clear that Obama doesn't want to be President any longer.

I think the same.

Obama can do 10x better financially on the media circuit.

New books and TV shows and a mini series will bring in more money and faster.

4 more years is a hindrance.

Plus that, he hates the criticisms and he can't handle the responsibility.

It wasn't as easy as he thought.

Obama is not a good statesman.

Obama is lackadaisical and passive.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Indigo5

That said...President Obama is nothing if not competitive. I suspect we are in for a different kind of fight come the next debate.

Heck, Obama couldn't even pull it out at the DNC. Even Joe Biden gave a better speech than Obama.

I expect the debate on foreign policy to be worse than this one. If Obama even mentions the "Innocence of Muslims" video or mentions one word about being respectful of Muslim's feelings, he's done for. No one is going to fall for that crap and Romney will call him out on it. That's just for starters. Obama's going to get hammered regarding the Middle East.

I don't think there is a country that Romney visited where he didn't offend them...From his jumping the gun on the Embassy killings, to Libya, to London...Olympics and Mi5...to Palastine to Israel and the "hopeless" peace efforts...ad infinium. Not sure why you think Romney has FP strengths?

That said...we will see on the 2nd debate. The Pres. certainly flubbed this one, but he is also fiercly competitive, I wouldn't expect him to make the same mistake twice.

I am actually glad Romney had a good night...Pres. Obama should have to fight for his job. It is what democracy is all about. Instinctually I suspect the President getting beat in the first debate is good thing. It ups the stakes...demands everyones A-Game...as it should be at this pivot point in our country.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
After watching the Obama implosion last night I'd like to point out to all the BABO crowd this tidbit from US News & World Report,

Wednesday afternoon, the Commission on Presidential Debates quietly posted a press release announcing the topics for the first presidential debate in Denver on October 3. What the commission didn't say is that this may be the first time in history presidential candidates have been given the topics of a debate ahead of time.

[url=http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/09/21/in-a-first-debates-give-presidential-candidates-the-topics-ahead-of-time]Report[/ url]

The topics were known ahead of time and either Obama picked wrong people to coach him, sign of bad leadership, or he just flat screwed the pooch.

Either way he just made President Carter look positively brilliant in comparison.

Personally I think majority of folks watching got their first real view of who and what Obama really is when he's all out there on his poor little lonesome.

BABO = Blame Anybody But Obama

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Obama's always been a little "green" and it showed in the debate.

I was suprised when he announced his run for the Presidency in the first place as a freshman senator.

Regardless, he's definitely the lessor of two evils that's for sure.

Even if Romney can bring in trickle-down policies capable of generating more job growth, what good is it if he also brings in an overall position so in line with Bush Jr. and Cheney, that it's indistinguishable, and could even lead to a showdown and war with Iran, torture, false flags, etc. If Romney gets in the global black-op of 9/11 will be re-milked for everything it's worth.

What disturbs me about Romney are the leaked torture memo, and the fact that Condaleeza Rice sat beside him at the GOP convention.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I can't stand people on ATS talking politics. They are always like "it doesn't really matter, both parties are the same, blah blah blah" shut the # up. This topic isn't about your esoteric master 'genius' view of politics that makes you feel so smart and self-righteous, it's about the debate. Talk about THE DEBATE, nobody CARES that you think both parties are the same or "politics are a joke" or "the nwo keeping the sheeple at bay."

Wow, glad I got that out of system. Anyways, I think the best moment was when Romney said "I've been in business for 25 years and I don't even know what you are talking about." Classic. Did anyone else notice that when Gore debated Bush he laughed and smiled when Bush spoke, Obama was kind of doing the same thing, not good for him. Well it sway the election? Who knows. I sure hope so.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

It's funny how Romney just flat out says to Jim that he'd take away his job,
along with all of PBS right to his face.

Add Romney's audacious behavior, constantly interrupting Lehrer, and you have Romney
at his best, breaking the rules and selling his product.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by MRuss
"Not since Jimmy Carter faced Ronald Reagan has the U.S. presidency been so embarrassingly represented in public. Actually, that’s an insult to Jimmy Carter."

I thought that George W. Bush (when he debated John Kerry) did even worse than Obama last night. And yet, even though George W. Bush was awful in the debate, the country still voted for him. I see history repeating itself with Obama. He did horrid (not as horrid as Bush43 IMHO) .. but the country will still be voting for him.

I was thinking the same thing, but then again this isn't 2003. Lots to consider...

Did the debates motivate the right? Big yes...they will get a boost in voter turn-out.
Mitt will get a boost in big dollar donations...he doesn't look like a lost cause anymore.

He got an entusiasm boost...but mostly from folks already supporting Romney.

He also converted some "undecided voters"

That said...the country is polarized more now than ever...the "undecideds" are a smaller margin than past elections. I don't think Mitts non-commital positions won him the Libertarian base. Latinos, African Americans, the working poor etc. are "never going to vote for him"

And strangely enough I think Pres. Obama's performance struck some fear into an a semi-complacent Democrat base. They might actually show up to the voting booth in higher numbers now that they think there is a chance they might lose this thing.

Bottom line? He needs Ohio...that is his pivot to having a chance in the electoral college.

Interesting times though...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm not going to vote in this upcoming election due to the simple fact that I don't believe either candidate is worthy of the title of president. The American people have been given a p*ss poor choice this time around and I've heard a lot of people say "well I'm just going to pick the lesser of the 2 evils." In this particular case there is no lesser evil, both romney and obama are equally evil.
I wonder if Americans got so fed up with this upcoming election that everybody could just band together and not vote at all, but that would take too much effort, it would be epic though, 0% nationwide voter turnout lol.

As for obama's horrific fail of a speech last night, he sounded almost as if he was throwing in the towel and actually giving cred to romney....as if he didnt give 2 squats worth a you know what about the nation and basically surrendered.
edit on 10/4/2012 by TokayTamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Saying one candidate won is the same as saying one person looked better while spewing a bunch of lies.

So many sheep on this website.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Your post provided the first comic relief on this thread, so far. I commend you.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join