It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
What's up with Obama tonight?

He's struggling to remember his facts and points, and seems nervous and reserved. He's tripping over his words and isn't speaking with a whole lot of conviction.

Romney, while a bit of a bully at times by interrupting, is on his game. He seems to know his talking points inside and out---and is expressing himself very well. His energy is high.

Just a few thoughts twenty minutes in...

What say you?

He keeps looking for his teleprompter...lol

Kind of hard to actually think and come up with your OWN words....

link   
reply to post by alphacenturi

so far, i would agree. pt. 1, round 1 goes to Romney.

i am an environmentalist , so both dudes frighten me... but at least Obama will stall on the Keystone pipeline. Romney is all for it - so i am not "rooting" for him.

that being said, from an objective standpoint... he is faring much better in this debate. simply the rhythm of his speech and his confident tone alone.

Romney usually comes of as a solid a$$... but not tonight.

we shall see...

link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Well said my friend! I wish Romney would say that word for word.

One of my greatest concerns is the NDAA---and I try to spread the word whenever I can.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Great point!

Romney seems to think well on his feet.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

What's up with Obama tonight?

He's struggling to remember his facts and points, and seems nervous and reserved. He's tripping over his words and isn't speaking with a whole lot of conviction.

Romney, while a bit of a bully at times by interrupting, is on his game. He seems to know his talking points inside and out---and is expressing himself very well. His energy is high.

Just a few thoughts twenty minutes in...

What say you?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

I agree. I have no dog in this fight, I dislike them both. Romney looks and sounds more confident than Obama.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If we really would rely on these clowns, we'd be #ed. But we're not!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth
And obamas favorite word so far is uhhhhmmm..uhh..uh...he's def stuttering more then usuall. And I agree there both clowns...

He is starting to sound a little like Barney Frank

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
F this debate...I thought Obama was suppose to be the great debater? Ron Paul would of ripped it up in his intro line. These two are going nowhere, more like shadowboxing each other. Quite redundant and boring....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Seems like Romney is just regurgitating info he has studied everyday for 2 hrs for the past 4 years. Obama seems like he is actually thinking on the spot. They are both still clowns. Also, Romney is being really rude to the moderator.

+5 more 
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Absolutely agree – my wife and I (both experienced interrogators BTW) are enjoying watching the POTUS squirm. He is angry about something it seems....

His body language is of someone who doesn’t feel has to directly address his opponent.

He has only looked directly at Romney once when he called Obamacare just that. When he did his teeth were bared a sign of anger. He is displaying the traits of someone who is a classic narcissist who feels he is above even having to explain himself.

That is why he is stumbling around IMO as deep inside he feels he is above explaining himself and won't adress his opponent becasue he sees himself as above question.

Just my two cents based on experience in KENISICS or body language. If I had a subject displaying these traits I’d directly challenge him to the point he became flustered and got off the talking points (rehearsed) and emotionally responded with what he really thinks.

link   
Romney is doing better than I thought.
Joined in late so I'll have to go back and watch it after it's over.

Obama is suuuuch a long winded speaker. "ehhhh now let me just tell you a story... as you know, my grandmother raised me...."

Romney is throwing out a lot of numbers and ideas which is strange for his campaign so far, but I can guarantee that obama isn't over there crunching numbers. He seems to be responding with buzz-words and those aren't good arguing against numbers.(even if the numbers are fake or meaningless to the listener).

I still have a burning, tingling feeling in the back of my head reminding me that congress sucks currently, so all these ideas and plans don't mean too much.

Romney shouting down the mod. Lol. Leadership or lack of humility? Funny.

link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I was just thinking he's not that effective as a mod.

He's letting the boys get away with some rule breaking---and I don't think his follow up questions are that succint.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Duh?

Obama is missing his teleprompter, that's why he's stumbling....

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Obama blew it on the Medicare questions

Obama looks confused and a bit "lost"....

Obama really wants to "change" that accent but he can't.

His expressions are phony as a three dollar bill tonight.

Too many people watching are on to the BeeEss

Aahh well but duh

Obama is failing big time tonight !!!!

It's about time he gets exposed.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
reply to post by mythos

Totally agree that both are tools. However its obamas supporters i was speaking too because every time you disagree with the fool or talk about what he is doing you are racist or a birther. Romney supporters at least can have a conversation about things.

it is funny, because the majority of the Romney supporters i speak with whom i disagree call me disloyal, or unamerican, or a lazy hippy, or a series of other derogatory terms.

btw... are you saying the fans of FOX news have decent conversations????

point is, poop goes both ways. both sides (and supporters of both sides) are full of rhetoric and vitriol. when one side thinks their "team" is less full of sh!t than the other... well then - it is hard to take that person seriously.

PS i have met plenty rational Obama supporters, and plenty rational Romney supporters... and total wackos on both sides as well.

like we both agreed upon - they are both tools. all hail the alien overlord's and their puppets!!

edit on 3-10-2012 by mythos because: tidy up

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Good points.

I don't like that Romney is talking over the mod. I think it makes people uncomfortable. But he's on his game tonight.

Good for him.

I've heard that at the white house, Obama isn't an effective leader---and basically lets Valerie Jaret run the country. I think that shows tonight-----

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Do you notice that Obama will only look at the moderator when he's speaking...but Romney looks directly at Obama? Is this some type of strategy?... what does it say or mean?

I'm sure it was planned....Looking at him shows a level of command and talking to Obama directs his inputs to him as in the listeners see it as Romney schooling Obama, like a teacher would a child.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by somuchhtosay41
Romney is being really rude to the moderator.

possibly because the moderator is Jim Leher - noted PBS news anchor. the GOP has never been much of a friend of PBS.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Wow....great points there, friend! I enjoyed reading your take on this...and I agree with a lot of what you wrote.

I hadn't considered that really, that Obama feels above having to explain himself. But now that I think about it while watching him--you're right. He has this, "I'm only here because I have to be" sort of attitude.

He doesn't seem passionate about leadership, about America, about his job, about his country's prospects. And it shows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join