Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
Despite whoever won or lost the debate last night, the biggest loser was still Big Bird.

I think big bird could do just fine by himself:

By the show's 40th anniversary in 2009, Sesame Street was broadcast in more than 140 countries.[76] In 2005, Doreen Carvajal of The New York Times reported that income from the co-productions and international licensing accounted for US$96 million.[60]

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Do you notice that Obama will only look at the moderator when he's speaking...but Romney looks directly at Obama? Is this some type of strategy?... what does it say or mean?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

It means hes been all coached up.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I was impressed w/ Romney. He was very eloquent and straight forward and did the exact opposite of what he has shown up to that point. He was specific and he used figures to elaborate on all of his points which was nice to see.

This was really needed by him. He gave himself a really big boost heading into the #2 debate, while Obama seemed tired and just generally uncomfortable.

This first debate was a hands down, no doubt about it, Romney victory.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I was impressed w/ Romney. He was very eloquent and straight forward and did the exact opposite of what he has shown up to that point. He was specific and he used figures to elaborate on all of his points which was nice to see.

This was really needed by him. He gave himself a really big boost heading into the #2 debate, while Obama seemed tired and just generally uncomfortable.

This first debate was a hands down, no doubt about it, Romney victory.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I couldn’t agree more….

All of the headlines today are Romney Wins by Landslide. In fact, this is the first time a presidential candidate polled over 60% after the first debate since they began keeping statistics.

I was thoroughly impressed with Romney last night. Chris Mathews was crying like a baby so that was icing on the cake for me!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

What's up with Obama tonight? He's struggling to remember his facts and points, and seems nervous and reserved. He's tripping over his words and isn't speaking with a whole lot of conviction.
reply to post by MRuss

There was NOTHING wrong with Obama tonight. He is exactly what you saw, an empty ideologue that has spouted his lies so many times, that he actually believes them. When confronted with FACTS, he was a deer in the headlights, unable to respond, because he was clueless. Tonight, people saw the REAL Obama, a small, insignificant person that actually thought he was huge. Sometimes the truth actually comes out on the MSM. I was a rare moment of reality on a medium that pushes "reality TV", when such airings are anything BUT real.
The debate, however, will not change my vote. I am voting for Ron Paul, registering my belief that neither party cares about the American public, but only about their respective special interests.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Who says Potus is not in the lead ?
/sarcasm
LINK

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Phenomium

Hello...the black dot on Romney's flag pin on his jacket? Any ideas? I think with all of their symbolism...this might be something to look at.

That black dot obviously symbolizes the black hole our economy is being sucked into under Obama's reign of terror. 

The blue background of the stage symbolizes the smooth recovery of the next 4 years after the Marxists are forcibly removed.

Now THAT....makes more sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I figured Omama either (a) didn't want to be president anymore or (2) is certain that the fix is in and he'll win without a doubt so there was no need to even try.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

It was like Gary Kasparov vs Rocky Balboa. Obama seemed smug and vaguely factual, Romney was like a pit bull on crystal meth. Romney definitely came out looking stronger but I would like to see the specifics of his "plan". Obama needs to get rid of the chess player approach and put on the boxing gloves. I got the impression both men were very disingenuous, but the cave man in us will remember Romney as seeming stronger even though he was most probably lieing through his teeth.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I watched parts of the "show". Regardless of your political affiliation...you have to give a win to the guy who had his shiz together...and the win goes to Romney. It was the sharpest I have ever seen him. Obama looked clumsy and often had this (IMHO) arrogant and perturbed look on his face...as if he was offended he was having to actually be there and go through this process.

I think they are both turds. I wish Gary Johnson would have been there but on the other hand, that might have lessened the "heat" on Obama. A heat I think needed to be put on. I do hope that Gary Johnson is invited to one of the next two but I am not going to hold my breath. I am still not voting for either of these tricksters...I am going to stand on my principles and vote Libertarian as I have planned to do all along.

All that being said...Obama was not ready for a prepared Romney and Romney kicked his butt...

sorry Obama fans.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I feel as though. Obama was just trying to get Mitt to solidify where he stands on issues.there are still Two more debates and Mitt needs to get more specific. Obama is smart and Mitt was behind in the polls and Obama just need to be there. For Obama and the public it was the first time Mitt got into his policys. Not sure Mitt was very vague on specifics
One last point I noticed Mitt said to Obama put your money where your heart is. Wouldn't that mean Mitt's heart is overseas in his swiss bank accounts? I believe that to qualify for president the candidate should be invested in the USA.so Mitt should be ineligible for the oval office.
edit on 4-10-2012 by think1mreal because: removed word i used twice.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'll tell you my thoughts on Obama-Romney...... I don't like either one. I would have supported Ron Paul, but thats all a farce anyway trying to vote for a party. TPTB have the system so locked up with corporate corruption, the next president is already been chosen by them. I hope I'm wrong, as many of us wish our votes counted, but the truth seems to indicate otherwise. I ardently DO NOT LIKE Obama, and pretty much don't like Romney, were talking my likes being 30-70 in Romney's favor, but what I see Romney bringing to the table is ........ an out of control (hopefully not) President who favors the rich and will further profit himself if elected.... at the cost of the United States.

I'm almost inclined to think Obama would be better in the long run. Obama will fall into the 'lame duck' category, and likely be unable to get much more that is detrimental passed through congress. So in a way, our freedoms are somewhat safeguarded by his inability. But as much as I don't like big 'O', I find myself in a delima as to who to vote for, and it could be 'O'. Will the US ever have another election where it's not voting for the lesser of two evils? I unfortunately think not. I fear for our children the most of all. They may live to see a collapse of democracy, free speech, the second amendment, and eventual takeover by a big brother government.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by think1mreal

I agree with your assessment. Up until the debate, Romney had not given any specifics of his policy plans. Even during the debate, the moderator had to drag them out of Mitt (and we still didn't get much of anything of substance). Because of that, Obama couldn't prepare to debate unknown policy. Really, all Obama could do going into the debate was to show contrast between he and Romney, play it safe and try not to lose any ground in the polls. Romney, on the other hand, knew Obama's policy and was thoroughly prepared with his talking points.

Now that Romney has finally put some policy plans out there, Obama can prepare to dismantle them and outline exactly how Romney's policy falls exactly in line with the Romney that has been losing in the polls for months....the 47% Romney.

Other thoughts on Obama's strategy:

-Play it safe
-Don't turn people off by throwing zingers, just act presidential
-Get Mitt to talk specifics
-Give Mitt a false sense of over confidence
-Let Mitt go "shotgun" style and throw out all of his ideas on day one
-Let fact checkers dismantle Mitt's words, most people wait for the news to tell them the "truth" anyway
-On future debates, come out swinging...it's not how you start the game; rather, it's how you finish it.

edit on 4-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In 2008 the GOP candidate was a bumbling old man, well past his prime. It was like taking candy from a baby. Not this time....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Obama looked really tired and burned out, could he have been dealing with the Turkey, Syria situation or other presidential matters all day? i know hes a smart guy whether you agree with him or not, but he seemed distracted and not all there mentally.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A few quick thoughts here...

Romney won on Style, Confidence, Polish etc. Which of course is what is most important to the vast majority of undecided voters who tend not to be politicos.

Romney definetly used his weakness as a strength...lack of specifics. Landing a blow for Obama was like trying to catch a greased pig. Romney would simply say "No...My plan isn't that" and without any specifics to nail him on...he was able to.

Pres. Obama...definetly off his game. It was like he was somewhere else. Almost like someone showed him pics from Area 51 right before the debate just to mess with him.

In reality, I think he was over-coached...play it safe, don't lose your cool, let the campaign do the heavy hitting...don't bring up the 47% comment etc. etc.

The problem is that President Obama plays it cool by his nature and damping down that leaves him disengaged.

I think his debate coaches need to "Let Obama be Obama"..

Romney gave a stunningly non-specific and largely dishonest performance IMO, but handily won on the metrics that matter to the majority of a debate audience. Flash over substance.

Pres. Obama?...he needs a new debate coaching team. He needs to fight like he is behind, not ahead and after last night that is slightly closer to reality. Where is the Pres. that can take an elbow on the BB court and still drive to the hoop? His debate coaches encouraged him to play it safe and that was a grave error. The clearest example was the manner in which his eyes looked like repressed anger and frustration and then he would go to speak and fumble out practiced retorts...for God's sake man...let it out...Let Obama be Obama and let the cards fall where they may. He needs to debate like an insurgent, despite his narrowing lead.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by anywho
In 2008 the GOP candidate was a bumbling old man, well past his prime. It was like taking candy from a baby. Not this time....

I wouldn't knock McCain like that. His age had nothing to do with his debate performance.

Romney and McCain are different animals though. McCain was more wed to policy specifics and had a closer relationship to reality and consequences of policy choices having come from the Senate. Romney just makes up policy on the fly and does so with confidence. Otherwise McCain was uncomfortable being grossly dishonest, while Romney?...just another day at the office.

That said...President Obama is nothing if not competitive. I suspect we are in for a different kind of fight come the next debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by anywho

This is where my thoughts are also. McCain was slow and plodding on delivery so naturally it made a contrast that benefitted Obama.

This time someone quicker on the toes and vibrant was present and made him look doddering, slow and stuck on talking points.

The theory that Obama was sandbagging just sounds like so much wishful thinking and to a large extent is over analyzing a piss poor performance - all one has to do is go back and watch facial expressions to see his struggle at being outdone.

Other posters have made mention that what was seen was the true Obama without telepromter, staged audiance and 110% controlled venue - it is those elements that give rise to the false belief that he is eloquent and smart - without those he is lackluster and droll.

Yes he'll come out appearing more decisive in next debate because of his poor performance last night, he has to actually but as part of a plan - no.

I think Obama will have trouble with anger next go round and thats perfect for Romney.

As a curiosity does anyone else notice that sometimes Obama has nary a gray hair at appearances but others like last night he almost all gray headed. Was this an attempt to appear statesman like - an oxymoron of course given policy failure and results though.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

YES!!!! The United States CAN and WILL have an election where we are not voting for two men who are ACTIVELY STRIPPING AWAY OUR RIGHTS!!!

This makes me crazy, do some of you people actually watch this and think it holds water? Regardless of winning or losing, regardless of who better diverted questions, why don't we strictly concentrate on POLICY and PAST ACTIONS!

Do you not, at any point, ask yourself why a man like Obama in such a publicized event stumbled and stammered like a babbling idiot? Why, when in the past he has shown to be a put-together passionate speaker? This is a FACADE to make the election look more credible and to fuel competition between a two-party system that has been rigged to the input-output system us American slaves succumb to.

"Oh look, Romney was slipping in the polls, let's have him win a debate!"
"Oh look, Obama was slipping in the polls, let's have him win the second debate!"

This is a game, a game for children to watch and clap their hands at excitedly, the fact that the abhorrent crimes these men have committed are not the forefront of debate show this. When national security requires strict regulation of media and the internet, the barring of prominent national figures from the public, and the detention of citizens that speak out about their rights and the truth, then maybe you will wake up. Oh wait

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join