It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Although I am not voting for either one of them, I watched out of curiosity. Just as I expected, Obama was very weak last night.

I watched Obama very close back in 2007/2008 and his speeches and his stance was much stronger. I voted for him in the last election. This time he seemed to put on airs, but beneath that he was flailing and it was clearly showing in the lack of energy and fight he had last time. I think he already knows that Mitts will be president, since that is what tptb want.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Romney's going to get butchered with video clip side-by-sides for the next few weeks. He was flatly denying so much stuff that he's promised the Ringwing over the last year, and Obama was just handing him the time and the rope to hang himself with his tendency to blatantly contradict himself as if he has no memory of what he's already said on the record about his policy positions.

I'd be surprised if the Obama team isn't mashing up some devastating ads that feature the slew of weird lies Romney told last night. Hell, I've already gotten 5 donation emails from the campaign this morning that are highlighting the lies and asking for as little as 3 bucks - almost refreshing due to how little one of the emails was asking for - to fund radio and TV ads based on them.

This isn't the 1960 campaign. The winner of this sort of debate is the one who emerges - post-debate - as the candidate with the best marketing collateral. Romney was a pitbull, but he was not very smart with all that hyper aggression. His fighting with the moderator, his denials of well-established policy positions, and his 'it depends on what the meaning of IS is' shading of the truth [and the outright lies] are going to cause him some real grief in the media world outside of FOXNews. The guy needs a Hannibal Lector muzzle to keep him from eating his own campaign alive.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
Why do they only let President and Romeny on these debates, isnt other party's as well, let them be in these debates to let the people of USA hear....

TPTB will never allow a 3rd party candidate to enter the debates. This would make everyone else look like complete fools, as we know Mitts and Obama could never debate their way out of a paper bag up against someone like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. If they were allowed to enter the ring, then the American people might like what they hear, and we can't have that, now can we?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

That's an interesting comment and you may be right.

If it's true that TPTB choose the next president, I wonder how it works. Any thoughts?

How do they choose? How do they implement? How do they tell the candidates?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Tonite was Obamas and Michelles anniversary i think i read somewhere could explain the "shotty" performance.

Not defending the dude everyone hows just how much I dislike the current regime.
edit on 3-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

That could be...but how many people in this country had to work on their anniversaries, birthdays, kids' birthdays, Christmas, etc...and still showed spirit on their jobs? ( I am one of those people who always have to work every holiday but I don't let that get me down)

This was the biggest debate of his presidency and he pretty much blew it. With all the staff he has working for him he should've been more prepared.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
lmao, Romney talking about the Constitution and oath of office...I wonder who he is pandering to.

Anybody believe a word out of their mouths? I find this reality show BBEERRYYYY entertaining.

In other news, Ron Paul twitter bomb for the debate: twitter.com...#!/search/?q=%23ronpaul&typd
edit on 3-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

The only thing I agreed with last night is when Obama stated that the education is basically inferior in this country, and it is. It is severely inferior. At my job, a 19 year old girl cannot write or spell properly, cannot make change, and doesn't know how to count money, add or subtract. It is frightening that they allowed her to graduate high school like this. So yes, the education in this country is horrible. There is no way it is going to improve however, until we stop blowing money on endless wars. We also have a crisis with student loan debt taking place, because so many have raced back into college, hoping to get better jobs after graduation, but it's not happening!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Wow.

The Today Show is busy at work this morning doing damage control. It's amazing how desperate and wired they sound. They're hard at work on the spin!

The MSM's blatant disregard for truth and objectivity never ceases to amaze me.

At least Chris Matthews is telling it like it is. That's a pleasant surprise.
edit on 4-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

Some of the Today Show's tactics:

"Do you think Obama was purposely laid back? Was that his strategy?"

How about re-phrasing that to say: "Did you notice Obama was seriously unprepared and had no grasp of the issues?"

Oh vey.

And then they changed the subject as soon as they could and went to other news.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

That's an interesting comment and you may be right.

If it's true that TPTB choose the next president, I wonder how it works. Any thoughts?

How do they choose? How do they implement? How do they tell the candidates?

They totally played out a game in front of all of America when Bush and Gore ran against each other. Look at the "mess" that was "created" for that election. Gore gave up so "easily". I'll always believe that one was purposefully scripted.

In studying Obama's face this evening, he looked as if he were a million miles away from the discussion. He was not engaged at all. Something was obviously on his mind and I don't think it was his anniversary. I also found it interesting that his daughters were not present, when Mitt's children were.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
I'm actually having more fun watching my 11 year old daughter watching the debate. (Extra credit for social studies - 7th grade). So far I've heard:

1. "Aaargghh. Just answer the dang question already!"
2. "Why is the moderator helping Obama?"
3. "Do these guys understand what "time's up" means?"
4. "Why does Obama keep looking left and right? It's not tennis."
5. "Do you think Obama uses vaseline on his teeth like cheerleaders do? That smile doesn't look real."

I'm having a blast!

I starred this. My daughter walked in, said "Oh, it's Obama." then turned around and walked back out.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

What's up with Obama tonight?

He's struggling to remember his facts and points, and seems nervous and reserved. He's tripping over his words and isn't speaking with a whole lot of conviction.

Romney, while a bit of a bully at times by interrupting, is on his game. He seems to know his talking points inside and out---and is expressing himself very well. His energy is high.

Just a few thoughts twenty minutes in...

What say you?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

I didnt think Romney was "interrupting" but rather just not letting the moderator get away with allowing obama to hang a lie in the air without rebuttal. Notice how many times obama looked at the moderator like "Help me???"

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by Destinyone

The problem with giving the states total control over public assistance, is that the funding that allows for fluctuations, due to recession is not accounted for.

It's proven out that some states have serious problems with local business/political 'partnerships' that benefit unduly by having block grants from the federal govt, and that no real de-facto legal entity exists to counter that sort of corruption in these states. This is why the federal govt oversees these programs. It probably is cumbersome for the states that don't suffer from this sort of down-home corruption, but that's the price we all pay for the jerks who would steal billions if that oversight didn't exist.

Turning Medicare into a voucher program 50 years from now will case incredible problems, as well as increase mortality rates, at a time when technology will offer advantages we today are simply considering.

Romney's plan decreases how that technology can be applied to the work force, only the wealthy would benefit.

It simply is not an effective way to run an economy...

Any thoughts?

edit on 4-10-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

The fact is that when Obama took office, the Health Insurance industry was on the verge of being burned to the ground by a citizenry that was literally at their doors with pitch forks and torches. He took them on because he had to. What business people don't get is that government isn't a business. You can't run it like a business. If you try to, you'll discover that people are not products, lives are not measured by revenues versus expenditures, and that unlike product lines, people will - and always have - tear a government to shreds if it does not SERVE them. Definitely, that government will be destroyed if it doesn't protect them from predators.

The Health Insurance industry is and has been predatory for a long time, and in the 21st century, it's gotten much more blatant about its predatory nature. The only thing keeping that industry alive right now is the 'wait and see' pause of Obama Care, and folks giving it a chance to fix the worst of that industry's predatory practices. If Obama Care is repealed, the tension will start building again. If Medicare is voucherized, then the Insurance Industry's days are numbered. I actually think that this would be a good thing, because that industry does need to die. Vouchered Medicare will finally kill it off forever, so maybe it should be allowed to happen. A lot of business professionals would be taken apart in the process, but you gotta break some eggs to make an omelet, so whatever.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Conspiracy theory time.! Obama is taking one for team nwo. This is to switch figureheads to slow down the general awakening of the public. Lol is say that jokingly if you are nwo and reading this.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by eLPresidente
lmao, Romney talking about the Constitution and oath of office...I wonder who he is pandering to.

Anybody believe a word out of their mouths? I find this reality show BBEERRYYYY entertaining.

In other news, Ron Paul twitter bomb for the debate: twitter.com...#!/search/?q=%23ronpaul&typd
edit on 3-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

The only thing I agreed with last night is when Obama stated that the education is basically inferior in this country, and it is. It is severely inferior. At my job, a 19 year old girl cannot write or spell properly, cannot make change, and doesn't know how to count money, add or subtract. It is frightening that they allowed her to graduate high school like this. So yes, the education in this country is horrible. There is no way it is going to improve however, until we stop blowing money on endless wars. We also have a crisis with student loan debt taking place, because so many have raced back into college, hoping to get better jobs after graduation, but it's not happening!

My thought on that whole push obama was doing for education in order to better prepare for the workplace? A college degree is not much use to someone where there are NO FREAKIN JOBS! Now is it?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I got the entire oposite. Romney didn't answer any questions... he just ranted. I still don't know what the replacement pland for Obamacare is other than "I'm getting rid of it". I still don't know where this tax money for Medicaid will be coming from. He changed his mind about keeping lower taxes for the wealthy?.. I guess... Confused. So the middle class is struggling (his statement)... what's his plan to fix it?.. he never answered. Romney just really left me confused.

Obama on the other hand answered the questions concisely from what I saw anyways.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I really like this term "McMentality." Great comment. I use the "Mc" thing often, for McMansions, etc. and it serves an interesting purpose.

Mostly, it points out the crud America is spewing out.

I think Obama could even be alluded to as McBama---- President of the Moment, elected when people got caught up in his rhetoric without even knowing who he was. He was "the man of the moment" without substance. No one really knew who he was, where he came from.....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

What's up with Obama tonight?

He's struggling to remember his facts and points, and seems nervous and reserved. He's tripping over his words and isn't speaking with a whole lot of conviction.

Romney, while a bit of a bully at times by interrupting, is on his game. He seems to know his talking points inside and out---and is expressing himself very well. His energy is high.

Just a few thoughts twenty minutes in...

What say you?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

They both spew nonsense. But Obama is rarely able to speak off the cuff, hence, his constant need for a teleprompter telling him what to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Well, thanks for weighing in.

But since even people in is own party, on his own team, and his own media seem to think he lost the debate, I have a hard time believing you couldn't see him stumbling and bumbling.

The problem is, he just doesn't have a handle on the economy, on where jobs come from---that's not his training or his talent. He couldn't speak succintly or with authority on much, because well, he doesn't know much.

He was a community organizer.

He is a great orator (or was) without substance. It's always been this way, but people are just starting to realize it now.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
A millionaire who has nothing better to do in his life but maske more money, and sit in front of a mirror debating with himself in preperation for Obama, a president who has a lot of stress on his plate won... (Israel/syria/iran/war/economy)
Ummm...........Which millionaire would you be refering to.........Romma Or Obamney?.............Pssst...they both happen to be millionaires.

YouSir

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
In Australia the main news covered this and the presenter open up and says that Obama is struggling without his teleprompter.....LMAO..........would your CNN presenter say that?

That is probably the most accurate assessment of the evening. The man can read what's placed in front of him, but does not do well when the teleprompter is removed.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have a feeling the Ryan vs. Biden debate is going to be a bloodbath. Biden has a history of his brain not filtering the things he says before he says them.

Just my take on it.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join