It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Think they are counting their chickens before they are hatched 30 days is a long time away.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

How the heck did you become a mod? you're one of the most biased people on this board.

Believe it or not,the mods are allowed to have opinions of their own. They are members first and moderators second. The mods come from all walks of life, different countries, cultures, religions, genders, races etc....

To think they will not have opinions...It's just a silly notion to imply...

You will find some mods that love Obama. Some that love Mitt. Some that hate politics all together and some who can't even vote because they aren't from the US....

To expect the mods to have no opinions... and then to call them bias when they share one? It's just...Silly of you.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am the biased one in the thread!

The ideologue!

Mods are people first!!!!
edit on 4-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You were hoping Obama could destroy Romney the way he did Mccain, while McCain tried to be all polite and nice?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I totally agree. Just fascinated by the entire carnival atmosphere of the whole thing. I'd say the same either way. It's the "in the moment" McMentality that I find fascinating. I don't support Romney nor Obama.

I'd love to hear more about the McMentality you've alluded to. Maybe you could start a thread and tell us how we're all misguided?

Please elaborate...Am I misunderstanding you?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What he is saying is 1 debate does not a president make, and I agree wit him.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

You're the silly one, mods should be neutral like debate moderators, otherwise they can be like cops and take out their frustration on those that disagree with them. If you're gonna be a mod this is something you should understand and be neutral otherwise be a member not a mod.

Post deleted and a warning given in 3...2...1...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by seabag

While I agree with that sentiment that's not at all what he said.

I was more interested in the McMentality statement, as if those of us enthused about this debate are sheeple.

I'm sure Heff will explain.....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I find it hilarious that the great orator and eloquent messiah got trounced by someone.
It was awesome to see him looking like a child in a man's suit and tie, it got baggier as the night went on.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was more interested in the McMentality statement, as if those of us enthused about this debate are sheeple.

My take the reference is about letting ideology cloud common sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You're the silly one, mods should be neutral like debate moderators,

So this is a debate?

otherwise they can be like cops and take out their frustration on those that disagree with them.

Too Rich, even for ATS's standards.

If you're gonna be a mod this is something you should understand and be neutral otherwise be a member not a mod.

Wrong.

EVERYONE has an Opinion. Mods, and the Owners, and Obama and even Romney.

Im sure if you ask nicely, they might just do it for you!

Back to the Debates...........

I think Obama even knows he stunk up this 1st Debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Mods must not be have opinions? That's not ATS policy. I am a member first and a volunteer moderator second. If you ever have an issue with one of my posts, believing it to be against T&C you can alert it.

I have never touched a single one of your posts? Oh, just so you know, I checked, thinking maybe you were holding a grudge. Now I'm even more baffled to discover I've never moderated you at all. Where is all of this angst coming from? Very curious.

As for your cheerleader? Him I get our "run in" the readers can judge for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

As for going after me and the best ad hom you can come up with is that I am a moderator? That's just weak sauce all around.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

While I agree with that sentiment that's not at all what he said.

I'm sure Heff will explain.....

Neo's response to you was, in fact, exactly what I said. I assure you that if you go through my entire ATS history, probably 2,000 posts or so, you will never find the term sheeple. As far as McMentality goes - generic term for the fact that our modern society is all about instant stimulation and gratification and being caught up in the moment. It was not a partisan statement, nor one made in a manner excepting the author from the condition.

I find it odd that you sought offense in it. Do you not agree that media presents information to us in the way that McDonalds tosses burgers at us?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I find it hilarious that the great orator and eloquent messiah got trounced by someone.
It was awesome to see him looking like a child in a man's suit and tie, it got baggier as the night went on.

romney changed all that he has been saying for the last year....agreeing with obama on most of obama's policies
but, saying what the public wanted to hear....Obama's record speakes for itself....romney won on rudeness, nothing else

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

You're the silly one, mods should be neutral like debate moderators, otherwise they can be like cops and take out their frustration on those that disagree with them. If you're gonna be a mod this is something you should understand and be neutral otherwise be a member not a mod.

They don't go after conservatives on ATS fyi

PS go Heff!

edit on 4-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well, I was hoping Gary Johnson would have been there, to school both of them.

Personally, though, it was instant "gratification",to see Obama, fumble around. After 4 years of "Messiah" status, it was nice to see him, squirm, even for a moment.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That was the ropa a dope lul your enemy in to false since of security and then BAM!...

2 more presidential debates 1 vp debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

That was the ropa a dope lul your enemy in to false since of security and them BAM!...

2 more presidential debates 1 vp debate.

Well normally I think you are a bit koo koo.

But tonight you are like Yoda!

I have starred your wisdom 5 times

Hell is freezing over

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
We are not neutral about what we moderate. We moderate the Terms and Conditions and in following them we are indeed very biased. So much in fact that we are regularly called Nazis, censorship puppets and a whole host of far worse things. Not biased about the topic or even the forum, but biased in that we enforce the tone and atmosphere of civility in a respectful decorum.

Simply put, complaining about a mod in a thread that has nothing to do with that mod (but instead a presidential debate) is not only Off Topic but boarders on being purposefully disruptive.

Consider this as a Public Service Announcement as to what is expected in continued posting is intellectual discourse rather than emotional outbursts. Each and every member of ATS has the ability to discuss private disagreements either by PM with that staff member (or a different staff member) or the Complaint Form located under Tools that every staff member can read at once.

Please return to the topic of Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join