It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by Hefficide

How the heck did you become a mod? you're one of the most biased people on this board.

I had a run in with the guy last night...trust me ATS is dying. ATS will be as shallow as a river in the Sahara Desert pretty soon.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
What's up with Obama tonight?

He's struggling to remember his facts and points, and seems nervous and reserved. He's tripping over his words and isn't speaking with a whole lot of conviction.

Romney, while a bit of a bully at times by interrupting, is on his game. He seems to know his talking points inside and out---and is expressing himself very well. His energy is high.

Just a few thoughts twenty minutes in...

What say you?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

Romney clearly destroyed Obama. So much for the lecturer in chief.

Expect more of the same in weeks to come.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hello...the black dot on Romney's flag pin on his jacket? Any ideas? I think with all of their symbolism...this might be something to look at.

here
edit on 4-10-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

It's a secret service star.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-10-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Romney clearly destroyed Obama.

I thought this was hilarious.......

Not since Jimmy Carter faced Ronald Reagan has the U.S. presidency been so embarrassingly represented in public. Actually, that’s an insult to Jimmy Carter.

The split screen was most devastating. Mitt Romney spoke forthrightly, with carefully studied facts and details at the ready. He looked right at the president and accused him of being miles out of his depth.

Mr. Obama? His eyes were glued to his lectern, looking guilty and angry and impatient with all the vagaries of Democracy. This debate was seriously chaffing him.

What exactly was Mr. Obama’s strategy here? Did he figure with so many people unemployed in this abomination of an economy he should go for the sympathy vote? Like voters could relate to a guy who is just scared pantsless that he is about to lose his job?

In the middle of the blood-letting segment about jobs, Mr. Romney said good-naturedly: “This is fun.”

HURT: Obama the debater: Making Jimmy Carter look awesome

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It's a secret service pin given to him and Ryan by the agents protecting them.....found it on the Blaze.

www.blareshare.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

What is on his flag tonight, doesn't look like that and these guys tell us crap anyway....even if it is something occult. They always feed us BS when we notice something...doesnt mean I am going to buy it..If we notice they have to say something. You watch............ROMNEY WILL BE PRESIDENT.....THAT IS A MARK!

Let's talk after the next President takes office.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Hello...the black dot on Romney's flag pin on his jacket? Any ideas? I think with all of their symbolism...this might be something to look at.

That black dot obviously symbolizes the black hole our economy is being sucked into under Obama's reign of terror. 

The blue background of the stage symbolizes the smooth recovery of the next 4 years after the Marxists are forcibly removed.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Your avatar goes perfectly with this description!

Oh, I needed a good belly laugh!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

From that article.....

“I’ve been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Romney said in the most devastating understatement of the night. “I maybe need to get a new accountant.”

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
to the OP,
it sounded like Obama was listening to an ear bud. getting advice or listening and repeating.
It looked like he was listening to something.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by wonderboy2402

So from reading a lot of these comments, people would rather see someone disrespect the debate format and interrupt/bully the moderator.

Makes the popcorn go faster.

Seriously, Obama didn't have to go negative to defend himself. But that doesn't mean Obama had to lay down and take everything Romney threw at him.

even Obama knows he himself is full of P&$$ and vinegar. It's funny to watch all the pro-Obama people squirming around trying to pretend that he looked foolish on purpose and deliberately gave it to Romney...I'm lmao at all of that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Loved it!

“Mr. President, you’re entitled to your own airplane, your own house, but not your own facts,” Romney said.

foxnewsinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
to the OP,
it sounded like Obama was listening to an ear bud. getting advice or listening and repeating.
It looked like he was listening to something.

This is quite possible. Maybe better than a teleprompter as it's not as obvious.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here's another gem:

“Look, I got five boys. I’m used to people saying something that’s not always true, but just keep on repeating it and ultimately hoping I will believe it.”

Read more: www.politico.com...

I’m sorry, Jim, I’m gonna stop the subsidy to PBS… I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you, too.”

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 4-10-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

They would be saying the same thing if "Obama won".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Expect more of the same in weeks to come.

I can't wait for the Ryan vs Biden debate! It's one thing when we get snippets of words through the "filter" as Fox News put it tonight, but quite another when we are allowed to see the full spectrum on stage.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I totally agree. Just fascinated by the entire carnival atmosphere of the whole thing. I'd say the same either way. It's the "in the moment" McMentality that I find fascinating. I don't support Romney nor Obama.

Personally I'm ready for that Kevin Costner movie scenario, from a few years back, to come to fruition - where some average working guy ends up in office. That is honestly probably the only way out of the trap at this point - and it's a pipe dream. Carter proved that concept.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I admit I was not really impressed by either one of them. If I had to pick a winner, I really don't think I could. I'd probably have to call it a tie. In my humble opinion, neither one of them made any really impressive points or stood out... But that is just my humble opinion.

It did get on my nerves a bit how they made it difficult for Jim to move on to the next topic... As they just wanted to go on...and on and on... And as a result... They ran out of time to cover one of the topics....

It is still early though and they are just getting started... So... We shall see how it goes.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Even Obama probly didn't know what the world he was talking about and if you asked him he would probably say they told him to say it so he did...no he wouldn't tell you that but I'd like to think he would...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join