It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
So from reading a lot of these comments, people would rather see someone disrespect the debate format and interrupt/bully the moderator. Then say, someone who stays relatively close to their alloted time while allowing and listening to their opponent's response.

I thought Obama remained cool and thoughtful while Romney came off aggressive and constantly shooting back that crocodile smile of his.

You forget this is America. Being an aggressive prick is "Leadership", being the least bit passive is weakness.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So from reading a lot of these comments, people would rather see someone disrespect the debate format and interrupt/bully the moderator. Then say, someone who stays relatively close to their alloted time while allowing and listening to their opponent's response.

I thought Obama remained cool and thoughtful while Romney came off aggressive and constantly shooting back that crocodile smile of his.

Obama had about five minutes more speaking time than Romney got. Romney wasn't disrespectful, imo....no more so than Obama when he just kept talking and talking after the moderator told him his time was up.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderboy2402

So from reading a lot of these comments, people would rather see someone disrespect the debate format and interrupt/bully the moderator.

Makes the popcorn go faster.

Seriously, Obama didn't have to go negative to defend himself. But that doesn't mean Obama had to lay down and take everything Romney threw at him.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Romney definitely won the debate. Specific and on point. I like how he framed the national debt as a moral issue. Obama really seemed uninterested. I watched it on the ABC internet stream and they cut it off a quarter way through Romney's closing statement. Didn't come back until after. And remember the distracting bang behind the stage when Romney was giving an answer. Don't seem like coincedences to me. Media is overtly pro-Obama, but no matter how hard they try it is plain to see Romney won this.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Get your stop watch out Obama was over his time on every question.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I am curious to the see the total talking time in minutes. You could be right, but from my observation of the entire debate both sides definitely cut in on each other times. But one side REALLY displayed this behavior.

All to common from all sides of politics, the question gets skirted and the discussion redirected to the candidates own talking points.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by Xtrozero

Definintely one of the best lines of the night.

Any others that will we'll be seeing over and over for the next few days?

Obama talking about Romney outsourcing jobs overseas and getting a tax break..Romney's response"I have been in business 25 years and I have no idea what you are talking about". As if to say...Dude, what in the hell are you talking about??.Romney then explains to Obama how the tax code works.Obama grimaces and looks as if he needs a cigarette in the worst way! From that point on, Obama never looks at Romney again.....Truly a memorable moment!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I am curious to the see the total talking time in minutes. You could be right, but from my observation of the entire debate both sides definitely cut in on each other times. But one side REALLY displayed this behavior.

All to common from all sides of politics, the question gets skirted and the discussion redirected to the candidates own talking points.

So I guess you are talking about when Obama TOLD the Mod to move on to another question when Romney was in the middle of schooling him on the question at hand? Right?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The Moderator is there to enforce the time for response and direct the flow of the debate. I believe he had reminded candidates previously of the shortness of time and other issues needing to be discussed?

Personally I hope the upcoming debates are much firmer with these candidates.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by MRuss

Definintely one of the best lines of the night.

Any others that will we'll be seeing over and over for the next few days?

Obama talking about Romney outsourcing jobs overseas and getting a tax break..Romney's response"I have been in business 25 years and I have no idea what you are talking about". As if to say...Dude, what in the hell are you talking about??.Romney then explains to Obama how the tax code works.Obama grimaces and looks as if he needs a cigarette in the worst way! From that point on, Obama never looks at Romney again.....Truly a memorable moment!!

lol ya, AND when Obama spent 2 mins slamming Romney that he will kill education in America...Romney just said Massachusetts was #1 in the county in education while I was Governor...lol

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The Moderator is there to enforce the time for response and direct the flow of the debate. I believe he had reminded candidates previously of the shortness of time and other issues needing to be discussed?

Personally I hope the upcoming debates are much firmer with these candidates.

The Moderator was horrid....I do agree

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm a decided person. I knew who I was voting for before the debates.

This first one (debate) only confirmed tht I had made the right choice.

What's probably scaring the beejeebus out of the leftists is how many "undecided" people out there are now "decided" based on this debate.

*bazinga*

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The spin doctors are having a field day

HURT: Obama the debater: Making Jimmy Carter look awesome

Party like it’s 1980! Bewildered and lost without his teleprompter, President Obama flailed all around the debate stage last night. He was stuttering, nervous and petulant. It was like he had been called in front of the principal after goofing around for four years and blowing off all his homework. Read more: HURT: Obama the debater: Making Jimmy Carter look awesome - Washington Times www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Have to agree to an extent teleprompter was a big issue.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Well at least Biden is going to crush Ryan....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Personally I hate it when moderators are dogmatic about time constraints. If there is an important discussion in progress and the candidates are truly addressing issues with answers, let them talk. I can't stand it when someone is making an important point and they are cut off.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Only in a contest of building legos. Debating?

It'll be a cake walk for Ryan.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Obama didn't have control or command of his facts, because he just wasn't prepared or astute about the issues.

We're not talking about his energy as much as we are commenting on his stumbling, bumbling recitation of facts and talking points that he just wasn't clear about. He seemed lost, without a firm understanding of the issues.

How could you not see that?

Example of what facts he was confused about?

I bet you can't provide one.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm a decided person. I knew who I was voting for before the debates.

This first one (debate) only confirmed tht I had made the right choice.

What's probably scaring the beejeebus out of the leftists is how many "undecided" people out there are now "decided" based on this debate.

*bazinga*

Agreed Beez. Watching the town hall meeting focus groups after the debate. I was amazed at the number of undecideds who made their choice tonight, based on this debate. They were invigorated by Romney's performance, and soundly disappointed by Obama's lack of factual data.

Bazinga is right. Just now heard on the news. Bill Maher was saying how unhappy he is with Obama's performance. That maybe Obama really does need a teleprompter....from Bill Maher, who donated 1 million dollars to Obama.

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Only in a contest of building legos. Debating?

It'll be a cake walk for Ryan.

I was thinking more like "Ryan sank his battleship"

edit on 3-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join