It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time warped jet/power outage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Something really strange just happened.
I live in a very quite rural area,the weather is nice no storms in the area.I was just sitting here reading some stuff on the net and enjoying the peace and quite when the electric suddenly went off.it was only off for about 3-4 seconds and then came back on.
the strange part of the story is this, as i said it`s very quite here at 9PM and i didn`t hear anything immediately before the power went off. About 1 second after the power went off i suddenly heard a jet it sounded like it was low and close.i listened as it moved off and the sound slowly faded.
What is strange is that i heard no increase in the engine sound as it approached, it was just suddenly here and pretty loud and pretty close. It wasn`t going supersonic it sounded like it was moving away at a pretty slow speed actually for a jet.
there are 4 large military bases within 150-200 miles of here and i`ve heard military jets fly over many many times, but i can always hear them approaching.
This jet just seemed to appear out of nowhere at the exact time the power went off and was flying low and slow, very strange.

ETA: I just remember something very strange like this that happened about a year or so ago.
it was about the same time of year and same time of night when people heard a low flying aircraft suddenly 'appear" over the island. no one actually saw an aircraft but they said that about a minute after they suddenly heard it they heard a loud crash/splash in the water right off shore of the island.
The coast guard responded and did a 24 hour search of the area using helicopters and ships but they didn`t find any trace of a crash.
no oil slicks, no debris floating in the water, and there has never been a report filed of a missing aircraft in this area before during or after that time frame when people heard the "crash".

edit on 3-10-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

when the electric suddenly went off.it was only off for about 3-4 seconds and then came back on

About 1 second after the power went off i suddenly heard a jet it sounded like it was low and close

there are 4 large military bases within 150-200 miles of here

Its a possibility that this may have been an EMP weapons test - I am certainly no expert in this field but a low-yield type may cause a power "surge" - just enough to knock-out the power until the back-ups kick in.

Interesting nonetheless

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

when the electric suddenly went off.it was only off for about 3-4 seconds and then came back on

About 1 second after the power went off i suddenly heard a jet it sounded like it was low and close

there are 4 large military bases within 150-200 miles of here

Its a possibility that this may have been an EMP weapons test - I am certainly no expert in this field but a low-yield type may cause a power "surge" - just enough to knock-out the power until the back-ups kick in.

Interesting nonetheless

Errr, i dont think so. An EMP destroys unshielded electronics, and all consumer grade electronics are unshielded, so perhaps just an odd coincidence?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Has the ear markings of a phase warped power outage. My UPS is sensitive to voltage fluctuations and clicks when it makes an adjustment. Typically around dinner time you get a lot more electric demand which can resonate the wave form into an outage. Lightning does something similar each bolt discharges multiple times in the same spot because the first strike leaves a low resistance ion trail.

Denial of service attack of 3 to 4 seconds doesn't seem like it would be a problem unless you were in the middle of a critical chat session?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

I was thinking the same thing about an EMP attack, as the electronic devices in the house would be headed for the dustbin afterwards.

Standing alone, yes, an odd coincidence. Factor in the prior event (with Coast Guard S&R), and...I've no idea what it might have been. It might be in the best interest of the OP to do some research into post-WW II activities in his area regards the military. No harm in digging around, right?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokomotiv23
reply to post by Spruk

I was thinking the same thing about an EMP attack, as the electronic devices in the house would be headed for the dustbin afterwards.

Standing alone, yes, an odd coincidence. Factor in the prior event (with Coast Guard S&R), and...I've no idea what it might have been. It might be in the best interest of the OP to do some research into post-WW II activities in his area regards the military. No harm in digging around, right?

There is another island about 2 miles from here that was used by the navy as a bombing target for their planes. the navy claims that they stopped using it as bombing range about 20 years ago but i know that isn`t true because several times a year we will hear huge explosions, much louder than a sonic boom, and the entire house will shake.
a couple of months ago a navy drone crashed on the mainland northeast of that island. i suspect the drone was doing something at that island before it crashed.

www.wired.com...

Everytime something weird happens around here the first thing that pops into my mind is that the navy must be up to something again.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Friday evening 10-5-12 The power went out around 930/10pm. The weather was not bad. There was a light rain, without heavy winds. Surely not the type of weather that usually knocks the power out around here. It freaked me out a little because it was defintely out of the ordinary. My mom was really concerned also. I didn't hear any aircraft flying overhead.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Teeky because: wordn

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

COULD be unexploded ordinance going off due to exposure? I without visiting the site i couldn't tell you or to being to explain it. A decent tell tale sign is generally if your military has retained ownership, chances are there would be unexploded bombs or shells floating around. A good example here would be Point Nepean in Victoria Australia. Pretty much the ADF in association with Parks Victoria cleaned up (most) of this historical WW2 fort protecting the entrance to Port Phillip Bay near to which Melbourne is situated. Such things included mines, ammunition and various other explosive based items and gave the site to Parks Vic.

However up until its release, during summer it was possible to hear explosions from that site (seeing as i visited this area since well my birth each year until the late 90s). Talking to military guys and gals guarding the site it was explained simply as "unexploded mines or bombs in the area", this was confirmed at a later date by an associate of mine during the installation of a radar facility on the site as apparently things used to "go off' at odd hours during summer.

So that is one possible explanation for the explosions, but essentially that's all it is a suggestion.

top topics

join