It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan; The Welfare King

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Did Ryan Collect Entitlements?
Do you support Entitlements?

Two simple yes or no questions, I will wait Patiently.

OFF TOPIC:

First….I’m not going to dig through 5,000 posts but I’m POSITIVE RealSpoke once told me he wasn’t an Obama fan. Could have fooled me!

Anyway…

ON TOPIC:

Some people have had so much Kool Aid that they actually believe Republicans don’t support SOME entitlements. We aren’t pushing grandma off the cliff….Obamacare is with the death panels.

Do some research and stop drinking so much.

This OP really Hit you Low ,didnt it Bud..
You Pulled out a silly pic, and posted a silly Lie(Death Panel)
And changed your Stance on Entitlements..

Your Poster Boy Ryan has been found out, To be a Hypocrite as well as a Liar.
Bad day for Repubs.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Your small government Ayn Randian boy is a sham and a welfare king.

Do you really not know the difference between “welfare king” and someone who properly used a government program?

So, to you, there is no difference between a dude sitting on his couch collecting unlimited tax dollars and a guy who used tax dollars to better himself by going to college and actually CONTRIBUTES TO SOCIETY NOW?

People with your mentality are why social programs don’t work.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually TARP hasnt been paid back. If you do a search, youll find plenty of reasonable sources.

But TARP was a joke. They realized that their banker buddies needed more, a LOT more:

The first audit of the privately owned and foreign owned Federal Reserve by the GAO,has turned up $16 Trillion dollars of loans all over the world to prop up the global fiat empire.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Republicans are only slightly more conservative than Democrats. They both love big government, just for their own reasons.

Ayn Rand's name shouldnt be used in conjunction with anyone in government except maybe Ron Paul.

She tried to warn us 50 years ago via Atlas Shrugged of a massive government state, a population that was over taxed and over regulated.

I cant recall the exact line but the idea was to have so many rules and regulations, that someone would be breaking some type of law at any give time. Then of-course government would need to keep expanding to regulate and enforce the ever growing leviathan state.

In 2011 alone, 50,000 pages of new regulations were added to the Federal Register.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This sounded more like a rant, but I am with you on this.

Ryan is a lying sack of dung with nothing to offer humanity other than pain.

I think the party has fallen into such disarray that they think this is just a popularity contest without substance. They proclaim these huge ideas of massive jobs and wealth for the "Middle Class" (only making 3 million/year) without any real concrete proposals.

The people who support these clowns would support an actual clown as long as he was Republican.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by neo96

Actually TARP hasnt been paid back. If you do a search, youll find plenty of reasonable sources.

But TARP was a joke. They realized that their banker buddies needed more, a LOT more:

The first audit of the privately owned and foreign owned Federal Reserve by the GAO,has turned up $16 Trillion dollars of loans all over the world to prop up the global fiat empire.

Agreed on TARP not being paid back....Although Neo is right about AIG. The report indicates they are paid off with the TARP funds. That's impressive given the outlay they got. Well, I don't have to like them to at least give some credit for paying back the money.

Report to Congress on Status of TARP Program. August / 2012

That is the good, the bad and the ugly ...literally. Some have paid back...Most appear to just be stock owned or partially owned entities of the Government now and others did rip off Uncle Sammy entirely. The money put out on the Mortgage Relief program is enough to choke on, given the continued poor state of real estate markets and we never get that money back of course.

It's a real mixed bag with as much going out after change of Presidents as before. More, by the look of things....but again, we got a fair % back too.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Your Poster Boy Ryan has been found out, To be a Hypocrite as well as a Liar.

Is sitting on your couch collecting welfare the same as taking advantage of a gov program that funds college?

You don't see a difference?

Bad day for repubs.

Actually, I just watched the debate. It's a GREAT DAY for republicans.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Its not about "pay" its about the devaluation of the currency.

If the government would stop destroying our economy, our currency, people could afford a lot more with much less.

They wont even include food and energy in the CPI so they can continue to claim that "theres no inflation".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Did Ryan sign any budgets into law?

Nope.

Did Ryan vote any budgets into law?

Yup

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Does the U.S. have some type of financial support/benefit for students at university? I'm just curious, as I live in Australia.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Nationalize the Fed

Too damn funny what do people think the Federal Reserve is?

The Central bank of this country IT ALREADY IS NATIONALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!

End the FED GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

How ignorant can you be? The Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE organization it is NOT nationalized.It is not controlled by the government.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

edit on 4-10-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
When people like Paul Ryan get to the top of the Hill they find it better to push people off to stay on top! Even when it was on the backs of those same people he walked on to get there!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Nationalize the Fed

Too damn funny what do people think the Federal Reserve is?

The Central bank of this country IT ALREADY IS NATIONALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!

End the FED GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

How ignorant can you be? The Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE organization it is NOT nationalized.It is not controlled by the government.

I'm sorry to disagree on this, but the Federal Reserve is absolutely NOT a private company or organization. At the same time..it's not quite entirely a part of the Government...either. It's a warped, bastardized version of the two that has thus far given them the best of both worlds with accountability to neither by shielding given under the other. A real oddball thing, the more one looks into it and if more people did....I can't see the public as a whole tolerating it without demanding what Ron Paul sought and calling that nothing but the opening round.

It was a 100% Government created entity though...whatever else happened in the shadows to make it more than the simple central bank it was created to be.

On December 23, 1913, the Federal Reserve System, which serves as the nation's central bank, was created by an Act of Congress. The System consists of a seven member Board of Governors with headquarters in Washington, D.C., and twelve Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the United States.

Appointments to the Board
The seven members of the Board of Governors are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate to serve 14-year terms of office. Members may serve only one full term, but a member who has been appointed to complete an unexpired term may be reappointed to a full term. The President designates, and the Senate confirms, two members of the Board to be Chairman and Vice Chairman, for four-year terms.
Source - Federal Reserve

That, of course, is talking about the President of the United States and the United States Senate. No private organization of any kind has it's entire leadership chosen directly and by open process within the elected Government. The CIA Charter kinda tries at playing the same limbo B.S. game in my opinion, but they failed the sneaky test from day 1 and no one even bothered trying to take that one seriously, IMO.

The site they have of their own structure and what they actually do as a day to day thing includes their direct regulatory control and enforcement responsibilities as well as a link to another part of the Fed's site system showing what recent enforcement actions they've taken against private banks or other financial organizations. They move with the authority of Government.

I DO say they need to be made 100% one or 100% the other though. This limbo is B.S. and the heart of the protection and problem, IMO.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I read that hack piece To wit:

www.senate.gov...

A lot of people voted for Tarp, and a lot of people support "corporate welfare" which is exactly what social programs are.

Yeah the original article is definetly a liitle biased but sorry man the dude voted for tarp he deserves to go besides all the BS about how his plan will fix anything other that continue to line the pockets of all the government cronies.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Rep Paul Ryan Received Social Security Benefits.Yet Can't Wait to Cut Yours!

Well...we shouldn't really be that surprised given that AYN RAND WAS A WELFARE QUEEN HERSELF.

She applied for and starting receiving both Social Security and Medicare payments as soon as she was eligible...despite the fact that she didn't even need it as she was still collecting book royalties.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think that liberals like the OP can't comprehend someone getting social security benefits AND going to college. It short-circuits their brains. Bzzz BzzzZZt.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So Paul Ryan is the Welfare King and Romney is the Antichrist.

Yup. It shows

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

When he was 16, Ryan found his 55-year-old father lying dead in bed of a heart attack.[6][15] Following the death of his father, Ryan's grandmother moved in with the family, and because she had Alzheimer's, Ryan helped care for her while his mother commuted to college in Madison, Wisconsin.[6] After his father's death Ryan received Social Security survivors benefits until his 18th birthday, which were saved up in order to pay for his college education

en.wikipedia.org...

At age 16 his father died, then collected for 2 years while his grandmother was living there taking care of 4 kids plus the grandmother for a whole 2 years.

Yeah that really makes him a "welfare" king
edit on 3-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Glad you can admit, and come to terms with that. Its the first step in realizing that the guy you support is FULL OF, "you know what." And if you support him, you're slightly a bit more full of it than him.

Either way, they're all crooks. We're better off without ALL of the politicians and THEIR SUPPORTERS.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by gladtobehere

Which is better? Neither.

I'm going to choose social programs over just straight up corporate welfare. One helps people eat, the other helps people that do not need help.

oh really, WHAT social programs would that be....
Programs your personally going to pick and choose,
the only program in your ability your choosing is either on the computer,
or the tv...
Armchair radical humanitarian
Your not choosing a damn thing except whats for dinner.
Everyone has a different way to approach this. Since Ryan is not
a communist of course your.views.differ get over it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join