It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan; The Welfare King

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Get past your brainwashing.

Both Parties work for the same masters.

And Social Security is BANKRUPT.

Tired of paying into a system which wont exist when its time to collect my so called "benefits".

Another perfect example of government destroying/bankrupting/mismanaging yet ANOTHER program.

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by seabag

Get rid of corporate welfare
Wallstreet 1% sales tax
Stop giving tax breaks for corporations that outsource
Get money out of politics
Nationalize the Fed

But yes, stop de-railing my thread. Like Tw0sides said this is about PAUL RYAN and his welfare habit.
edit on 3-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Get money out of politics - YES
Stop giving tax breaks to outsourcing companies - YES
Nationalize the FED - Doesn't the USA have a Dept of Treasury? GET RID OF THE FED.

Yes, as you stated Paul Ryan used social programs in order to become what he is today. Good for him, they did what they were supposed to do. Times have changed, the USA can no longer afford those same entitlements (something like 50+ trillion dollars) - they must be modified.

I am in my late thirties, I don't expect any social security when I am ready to retire, THAT IS IF I can even afford to do so.
edit on 3-10-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

link   

Did Ryan sign any budgets into law?

Nope.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Nationalize the Fed

Too damn funny what do people think the Federal Reserve is?

The Central bank of this country IT ALREADY IS NATIONALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!

End the FED GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Did Ryan sign any budgets into law?

Nope.
Did Ryan Collect Entitlements?
Do you support Entitlements?

Two simple yes or no questions, I will wait Patiently.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Republicans love corporate entitlements, the Democrats love social entitlements and corporate entitlements: auto industry, health care etc.

Which is better? Neither. When the government finally collapses under all this debt, it wont matter.

TARP aka the banker bailout was passed by both Bush and Obama. What about all the small businesses that failed? Oh well, too bad.

Profits are private, losses are public but only if your business is BIG. Otherwise, youre on your own.

edit on 3-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Why does the left feel the right wants to eliminate all social entitlements completely?

Because there is a large portion of you that do. Either that or drastically cut it while having no problem voting for wars or other corporate welfare.

America's social entitlements have created generations of people who feel the government should be there to look out for them.

Nope. Nearly every social program has a time limit you can be on it. For actual welfare it is 5 years on the federal level, most states have a shorter time limit that overrides the fed law.

Ryan wants to modify government entitlements, what is wrong with that?

Because it would absolutely screw the common people while helping his corporate and banking friends. He had no problem taking from the pot yet has absolutely devastating policies.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes Tarp was PAID BACK!!!!!

www.housingwire.com...

Thanks for reminding me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Social entitlements are corporate entitlements since every tax dollar given lines corporate products.

Education,healthcare,birth control, housing,all the things they love sooo much is the force to buy those products.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Which is better? Neither.

I'm going to choose social programs over just straight up corporate welfare. One helps people eat, the other helps people that do not need help.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Did Ryan Collect Entitlements? Do you support Entitlements? Two simple yes or no questions, I will wait Patiently.

Ryan collected survivor benefits not the same animal as "entitlements"

No I do not support entitlements.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Did Ryan Collect Entitlements?
Do you support Entitlements?

Two simple yes or no questions, I will wait Patiently.

OFF TOPIC:

First….I’m not going to dig through 5,000 posts but I’m POSITIVE RealSpoke once told me he wasn’t an Obama fan. Could have fooled me!

Anyway…

ON TOPIC:

Some people have had so much Kool Aid that they actually believe Republicans don’t support SOME entitlements. We aren’t pushing grandma off the cliff….Obamacare is with the death panels.

Do some research and stop drinking so much.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Both Parties work for the same masters.

Yeah, capitalism.....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What does dissing Paul Ryan have to do with Obama?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lol@ all the right wingers desperately trying to de-rail this thread. Truth hurts. Your small government Ayn Randian boy is a sham and a welfare king.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

45 million people on food stamps? Its a failed system. The biggest contributing factor being the mismanagement of our economy via the Federal Reserve.

Corporations employ people.

I'm against both.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Where is there capitalism???

Theres plenty of crony capitalism.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

There's also a ton of corporations that employ people but to not pay them enough, even though they can more than afford to, so their employees have to go on foodstamps or go hungry. There are more working people in poverty than unemployed poverty.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Crony capitalism is still capitalism. Unless you're one of those people that think capitalism only exists if there is a free market, which just is not true.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
lol@ all the right wingers desperately trying to de-rail this thread. Truth hurts. Your small government Ayn Randian boy is a sham and a welfare king.

Well, not quite.....your stating that Paul Ryan used social entitlements. Everyone agrees with you.

Paul Ryan believes that those entitlements require changes to meet fiscal restraints. Now you can disagree with how he wants to modify them, but we all know they need to be changed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join