It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Saville abuse claims...the other side to a British icon.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here in the UK, a well known celebrity who passed away recently is once again in the papers, but for all the wrong reasons.

For those who have not heard of Sir Jimmy Saville, he was one of the most well known celebrities in Great Britain during the past few decades. He was a television presenter, DJ, and did huge amounts for charity, raising millions for many causes, especially children's charities.

However a side to his life that is not so positive is now coming to light following his death, that of someone who routinely surrounded himself with, and so it seems sexually assaulted many under aged children.

Recently i spoke to one of the girls involved in just one of these incidents, i have known her a long time and it was actually a surprise when she mentioned it, this was the first time I’d heard about this side of Jimmy Saville. Whilst i will not be divulging the persons details here, they do know i am going to mention their particular incident.

I do believe there is lots more to this story though, especially surrounding who knew of his activities and exactly how much detail. This man mixed with the cream of society in the UK, and there is an awful lot of talk about people in the business "knowing what he was like"

So a bit about the news story first, before i go on to talk about other aspects of this.

Police forces across the country have been advised to prepare for more alleged victims of Sir Jimmy Saville coming forward following claims he raped and abused young girls in the 1970s.

The Association of Chief Police Officers has issued guidance to all forces that they should be ready to take reports in case more allegations are made.

An Acpo spokeswoman declined to reveal the exact wording of the guidance, but confirmed forces are advised to publicise the NSPCC helpline number for "anyone who comes forward".

The spokeswoman told Sky News the guidance has been prepared by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (Ceop) which works closely with Acpo.

Ceop's website states its aim is "tracking and bringing offenders to account either directly or in partnership with local and international forces".

In response to the guidance, Cleveland Police posted a message on its website and on Twitter referring to "allegations of historic sexual abuse by the broadcaster Sir Jimmy Savile" which have been "widely covered in the media".

Savile Abuse Claims: New Guidance For Police

Watch this video from the 3:10 - 4:00 mark....you'll see another British celeb from the 70s/80's talking about her experience of him on the television music show "Top Of The Pops"....

Other news articles include comments from fellow celebs…

ChildLine founder Esther Rantzen has said she believes five women who have made sexual abuse allegations against Sir Jimmy Savile and claims there were always rumours about the TV presenter.

The 72-year-old, who took part in an ITV documentary which will claim Sir Jimmy sexually abused schoolgirls, said the allegations involved similar attacks when the alleged victims were young.

She told Sky News: "For the first time there's more than one single child complaining. There are five adult women producing very similar statements about the way they were attacked.

"You see, one child's word against the word of a television icon, one who was renowned for raising money for charity, who knew everyone from the Prime Minister to Princess Diana, who was knighted by the Queen and the Pope, I think no single complainant dared speak out before.

Esther Rantzen: Rumours Followed Jimmy Savile

In this two minute video, you can hear a witness account from a former BBC worker who saw one such incident in Jimmy Saville's dressing room....

Other stories have hit the papers too…..also with Sir Jimmy’s name attached to them…

Gary Glitter raped a girl of 13 in Sir Jimmy Savile’s BBC dressing room, it was claimed last night.

The attack, in the 1970s allegedly took place as Savile was himself groping a 14-year-old in the same room.

A third star – a household-name entertainer who still performs – was also abusing a schoolgirl, according to the claims.

They were made by Karin Ward, a former pupil of the Surrey school where Savile is accused of preying on under-age girls.

She waived her anonymity to tell an ITV documentary screened last night how the Jim’ll Fix It star was in cahoots with pop paedophile Glitter.

I will add at this point, yes i am aware that the guy is not around to give his version of events, but there are that many woman coming forward with similar stories to this, i don't think you are going to be able to stop the tidal wave of stuff that is about to hit the fan over this one. Yes he is not here to defend himself, but who was there to defend the kids that wanted to say something but couldn't or were told to shut up?

For people outside the UK, i'm trying to think of who you could compare this guy to as far as his celeb status is concerned? Maybe a fellow Brit could help me out there, but lets say he would be very much an A lister, with A list contacts all the way.

Friends with royalty, this guy had contacts at the highest levels across the world. To be honest i'm not sure i even want to hear how deep this one will go. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

If you trawl the net you will find many many stories, each one more concerning than the one before, however i am well aware of how much could be hearsay. That said, you have far to many first hand witness accounts coming out now.

As i said, i have heard one of these personally. The lady i spoke to is a good friend who i have known for years. Just after Jimmy Saville's death, we were watching the news on telly. May i just say that up until this moment, all i knew Jimmy for was his television and charity work.

A news item remarked about the possibility of a nearby airport being named after him. My friend looked up and said, "I hope not...i hate that man!" Whether she knew it or not, her face as she said this resembled what i think i would look like if someone had told me my kids had been touched inappropriately. Disgust would be an understatement.

So i asked why? It baffled me why a man who had been treated like God in the UK could have done anything to annoy someone this much.

My friend then went on to disclose an incident which may seem minor in comparison to others that have come to light, but it was still sexual assault and shows what he was quite happy to do in a public place.

She says she never mentioned anything to anyone as a child, because who would have believed a 13 year old girls word against a British icon who did loads for charities and children? She said it would be like saying the Queen stole your handbag.

Continued next post....

CX

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Plus, she thought she will be the only one it had happened to. He lived in the same area and was highly respected. He got everything free in shops and never paid for a thing. He was often seen with young girls around with him and it was rumoured that they went to his flat.

To see the community around you after his death wanting to honour his name, it angers her greatly. She can understand why people are saying all this now, because he can’t shut you up. My friend has since spoken about this to those who she felt comfy talking to as an adult.

So that was my friend’s story. I was quite taken aback by this to say the least, and it started my search for info about this other side to Jimmy Saville.

Even without the stories on the net, which are bad enough, I have heard other people now coming out with things which shock me each time. Stories from people around the area my friend lives in up north. Jimmy Saville had a lot of access to hospitals, schools and childrens homes due to his charity work so you can imagine what he had access to.

Many people say, “the guy is dead, leave it be”. Part of me feels that death is indeed justice enough for someone like this. However I believe many many girls out there should be allowed to air their story if they feel comfortable enough to do it now. If that ruins the reputation of a once loved British icon, so be it.

I like to think that people won’t be judged purely on the negative sides of their life, but in my opinion, theres a limit to what far outweighs any good you did.

Lastly, I’ve just watched the BBC documentary “Exposure” about the seedier side to his life and these allegations. Shocking to say the least, but it seems not so much to fellow celebs. When Esther Rantzen watched the victims testimonies, she was obviously devastated, but also had a look of, “We knew this all along and did nothing”.

This is just the start I feel….

CX.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Never could stand the man.

What really bothers me is how the SYSTEM protected him, I cant believe there were no complaints before he died, and that brings us to WHO ELSE is being protected right NOW!!

S&F this stuff should be shouted loud from the rooftops.
edit on 3-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So you can marry a 14-year old and (ofcourse) have sex with her as much as you want - but - if you do not marry her you cannot have sex with her? How does that work?

Saville like many other celebs dead and alive today had a taste for young girls - that's all.

CX

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
So you can marry a 14-year old and (ofcourse) have sex with her as much as you want - but - if you do not marry her you cannot have sex with her? How does that work?

Saville like many other celebs dead and alive today had a taste for young girls - that's all.

We are in the UK, you can't marry without parents consent unless you are 18, 16 with parents consent. No you certainly CAN'T have sex with a 14 year old, where on earth did you get that one from?

Having a taste for young girls/women is one thing if you are into that.....having a taste for underage girls is illegal and wrong, in my opinion and many others you have to be pretty broken to like that kind of thing.

CX.
edit on 3/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Never could stand the man.

What really bothers me is how the SYSTEM protected him, I cant believe there were no complaints before he died, and that brings us to WHO ELSE is being protected right NOW!!

Thats the sad thing, there were plenty of complaints, but they were either hushed up, or deemed "not enough evidence" to go further with it.

I read that News International had/has an injunction out against them making public a picture of Jimmy at that Jersey childrens home where all the abuse claims came from. He denied ever being there, but there are photos to prove he was.

CX.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

that's all

You should expect a visit.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ive been following this story also , and was shocked to find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes. This isnt just about a celebrity paedo .. saville had many connections in government and within the royal family, and was a regular visitor to Kensington and Buckingham palace . He was said to have spent christmas with Margaret Thatcher and had connections with Edward Heath (British pm 1970 - 74 ) for who, it is alleged , he suppled underage boys . He visited the now infamous childrens home in Jersey, where horrific abuse and torture went on , although denied this and brought action against the Sun newspaper, who were intending to publish a photo of him at the childrens home . He had connections in high places thats for sure .. maybe that is why he was never brought to justice before ?

aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk...

This blog shows how connected he was.

The BBC are complicit also imo .. kept quiet rather than lose their cash-cow.

The whole dirty cover up is as sick as Saville himself.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I honestly do not know what to make of this story. On the one hand, you wouldn't really be surprised if this turned out to be true would you?

But on the other, he was never charged with anything, despite investigations. And then these women are only coming forward after he has died and he cannot defend himself. I just do not buy into the "we were scared whilst he was alive" argument. It was Jimmy Saville for gods sake. Yes he did a lot of good but he had become something of a joke after his Jim'll Fix It days.

The way it is being pursued leaves me with a very sour taste in my mouth. Once again, it is trial by media rather than trial by court and peers. It is simply wrong and it seems the press never learn.

Likewise, i am rather disturbed by the ongoing investigation into the missing girl in Wales - a terrible story, thoughts with her family. However, the guy they wanted to question is in custody, as is his vehicle. Why all the press releases into him and his background? What relevence does that have at this stage? If he is found guilty, then is the time for his back story and frankly, as far as i am concerned, the press could go to town on him.

However, what if he turns out to be innocent? How could he ever have a normal life in his community again? He would forever be treated with suspicion and shunned by sections of that community. You would have thought they would learned their lessons from the Jo Yates case but sadly not - the poor professor is still suffering from being falsely labelled in national and international media.

Sorry for going off topic but i actually think it is linked for the above reasons - bloody press!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

See? This is the problem. He hasn't been found guilty of anything. My understanding is that a new investigation is to be launched on the back of these allegations. Allegations being the key word at this stage.

If evidence is found that can be substantiated so that it emerges he was guilty of these charges, then fine. Further investigations will be needed to see if their was a cover up, if anyone else was involved, etc. At the moment though, this simply isn't the case.

Simply someone else found guilty by media rather than courts. Really makes me hope that i am never falsely accused of something............

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Simply someone else found guilty by media rather than courts. Really makes me hope that i am never falsely accused of something............

Hardly the media.....there are many victims making allegations, even a lawyer on the documentary last night said that was more than enough to bring charges if the guy was alive.

I do appreciate your view, and can see why some people will feel as you do....however....

Having worked for 7 years with kids that had been abused, most of them never said anything through fear of retribution by their abuser. Often it is the case that a child feels totaly embarrassment over whats happened, or feels like no-one will believe them. Some of the younger ones even thought it was the norm.Thats with normal family or friends as the abuser, let alone someone as big as Jimmy Saville.

Quite often it is not until the child becomes an adult, they realize that they weren't in fact at fault, and they finally have the courage to tell someone, whether that be friends, family or the police.

Just so happens that in this case it is going to get a lot of media attention for obvious reasons, but by no means would i say this is guilty by media.

Like i say though, i have a personal connection to this and i know my friend would not make something like this up, in fact it came out of the blue to me well before anything was said recently about it all. So maybe i'm going to be a bit more passionate about the case than some.

Thanks for the reply though....always good to hear other opinions.

To be honest, from what i'm hearing from people around where he lived near my friend, and i'm talking about comments about personal and professional experiences with Jimmy Saville, people who want nothing to do with the media, money or association to the events.....the investigation into who knew and did nothing about his behaviour will be almost as big as the disgusting acts them self.

I bet there are a lot of panicked high society phone calls going on right now.

CX.

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

If evidence is found that can be substantiated so that it emerges he was guilty of these charges, then fine.

Like the BBC worker who walked in on him acting inappropriately towards a young girl on his lap?

Thats just one, i'm not holding my breath that she'll be the only witness who knows something.

CX.
edit on 4/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

If evidence is found that can be substantiated so that it emerges he was guilty of these charges, then fine.

Like the BBC worker who walked in on him acting inappropriately towards a young girl on his lap?

Thats just one, i'm not holding my breath that she'll be the only witness who knows something.

CX.

But that is exactly my point. If she walked in on abuse and didn't report it to the Police then that is aiding a criminal and she needs charging as such. Saying it afterwards when he can no longer defend himself is a total cop out. She failed to protect the child being abused (allegedly) and then failed to protect other alleged victims from subsequent abuse (by not reporting what she had witnessed, it allowed him to allegedly continue abusing victims).

I take your point about young victims. The fact that adult "witnesses" did nothing though calls the whole legitimacy of these claims into question for me.

Think about it logically for a second. As an adult, you witness someone sexually abusing a child. After the subsequent thrashing that you would feel compelled to dish out to the "nonce", would you not be straight onto the Police to get the dirty paedo locked up? I know for a fact i would, even if it turned out be someone i idolised (which is hard to imagine with Jimmy Saville!).

And true or false, it doesn't detract from the fact this should be looked at by the Police rather than trial by media.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
A few things about Jimmy Savile, a simple working-class DJ from a Leeds mining family

- He has both a Royal and Papal knighthood (Order of St. Gregory the Great)

- He is a Knights Hospitaller (also known as the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, Order of St. John, Knights of Malta, and Chevaliers of Malta)

- He's an "Esteemed Friend of Israel", according to his Wiki page, whatever that is

- In a June 08 interview with Esquire, Savile boasted of his closeness with Royalty and Prime Ministers

- How he gave marriage guidance to Prince Andrew at the behest of the Duke of Edinburgh

- How Princess Diana described him as "a mentor to Charles"

- How he addressed the Israeli cabinet, the Knesset, and told them that they'd "forgotten how to be Jewish"

- He shares his very unusual surname with West Yorkshire's most elite family. Leeds' coat-of-arms, which depicts three owls, is based on the Savile family crest and Sir William Savile, a royalist, was amazingly freed by Sir Thomas Fairfax (a high-ranking Mason) after losing a battle in Leeds during the Civil War.

Could this be one of the reasons he was untouchable whilst alive?

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yep, i agree.....those who just let it go should be facing questions and charges too, whether it's the celebs and bosses who knew about it going on, or the school staff that locked that girl in an isolation room for two days when she swore at JS for touching her in a caravan on school grounds. The young girl was warned not to say anything apparently.

CX.

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by katseyes
A few things about Jimmy Savile, a simple working-class DJ from a Leeds mining family

- He has both a Royal and Papal knighthood (Order of St. Gregory the Great)

- He is a Knights Hospitaller (also known as the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, Order of St. John, Knights of Malta, and Chevaliers of Malta)

- He's an "Esteemed Friend of Israel", according to his Wiki page, whatever that is

- In a June 08 interview with Esquire, Savile boasted of his closeness with Royalty and Prime Ministers

- How he gave marriage guidance to Prince Andrew at the behest of the Duke of Edinburgh

- How Princess Diana described him as "a mentor to Charles"

- How he addressed the Israeli cabinet, the Knesset, and told them that they'd "forgotten how to be Jewish"

- He shares his very unusual surname with West Yorkshire's most elite family. Leeds' coat-of-arms, which depicts three owls, is based on the Savile family crest and Sir William Savile, a royalist, was amazingly freed by Sir Thomas Fairfax (a high-ranking Mason) after losing a battle in Leeds during the Civil War.

Could this be one of the reasons he was untouchable whilst alive?

Probably. I saw those last night when i was looking for info for my thread, lots of talk about him being a freemason too but i'm wary about posting certain things because you can't always tar everyone with the same brush.

If he was a mason and used it in any way shape or form to assist his nasty habbits, then fair enough bring it up. However if Freemasonry had nothing to do with it, leave it. I know lots of really nice Freemasons.

The way he is talked about, him being untouchable and all that, reminds me of the way they talked about Rupert Murdoch, being the 11th member of the cabinet.

CX.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I watched the documentary last night on itv. He sounded like a horrible individual with a perversion for underage girls. It's sad to think this man had so much access to young vulnerable people. The fact that he was nvoled with the haut de la garonne child's home on jersey is evidence enough.

That place and the cover up is one very interesting conspiracy theory. The rumours involve people from very powerful positions in British society. Rumours that they would take the kids on "holidays" on their yachts. Very sinister, just like jimmy.

I always had my doubts, especially after the Louis Theroux documentary with him. Last nights documentary confirmed it. Was proof of how these things can be kept under wraps.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Quite a few years ago I was having a pint with my father and for some reason we got around to talking about Jimmy Saville and he said there were two sides to him - he reckoned that whilst he never got paid money for his charity work it was however well known that he got paid in other ways; he had 'girls' supplied to him.

He never said they were under age or anything like that and he never explained how he'd come about this information.
Now retired my father was never involved in the entertainment business etc, he was a welder and he still lives on a council estate in a town in North East England.
My father isn't one for idle gossip and celebrity chit chat - he is a very straight talking and down to earth sort of guy.

I called round his house today but I forgot all about this, next time I see him I'll try to remember to remind him about that conversation and ask him if he can recall more details etc.

I was always suspicious of the man ever since.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Not far from where I live in some woods is a house that was first owned by the BeeGees, then Kenny Everet. then the Gastly Glitter owned it. When Glitter owned it there was talk of many celebs visiting, one of them being Saville.
It was abandoned for a few years and we had a nose around, Strange house, carpets go up the walls and across the cielings, Sauna big enough for about a dozen people. Had a very creepy feel about it too.

Dont forget to update us on the info from your father

edit on 4-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Strange house, carpets go up the walls and across the cielings,

I've seen music rehearsal studios do this.....a cheap way of soundproofing.

Ok these guys were musicians, but it does make you think in light of recent events.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join