It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
gotta love it!
the birds are singing,bull frogs singing,bugs buzzing on a beautifull evening,with the fog ever so gently falling!
its a warm night,the grass is cut,and my feeling is content.
except --- ITS OCTOBER 3rd!!!
wtf!!!
i shouldn't be cutting my lawn!
i find myself rushing to harvest fire wood for the winter!
screwed up spring,screwed up fall!
garden was crap this year.
got an infestation of these beetles that are black with red stripes on their wings(soft shell and they fly)
what are they? they are now renting rooms in my house!!!
what is going on?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If you are pro-life you are against cutting your lawn. Each blade of grass has a soul in it, and when you cut that blade of grass, you are destroying an innocent little soul. A life is a life no matter how small.

Grass thinks, therefore it is.

And it is just so....

Green.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We aree in the same boat friend! Not sure where you are, but here in Canada we are expecting a very warm Fall and an above seasonal winter which means tones of snow. Yuck! Anywho, I am told by meteorologist that this is due to El Niño. Here's a Q&A on this whole warm weather phenomenon we are currently going through in North America

El Niño

Not to mention that Global Warming plays a bit of a factor as well

Hope that helps, but in the meantime... ENJOY

EDIT: sorry about the infestation... That sucks
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Beetles that are black with orange stripes? What is that. Can you post a pic. I can roughly identify every bugs I see but this one perplexes me. Maybe it's a bug, not a beetle. Beetles have a hard shell. (Coleoptera means "hard wings).
edit on 3-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

ya i'm a proud canadian too(ontarian!) and id rather have it cold than snowey!
that is until the furnace oil bill comes in!!! $1000 to fill it! twice a year!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

its kinda like a tiger beetle,but not really.
dull black,with wings. orange stripe starting at shoulders,and going down towards wing tips.
about 1/2 inch(1.5 cm.) long,sluggish,uninterested till you poke it,then it flies away.
been looking online,but no luck.
no camera either,sorry!
there just seems to be so many of them. kinda like an earwig infestation every 7 years.
only thing is,i ain't never seen them before!!!!
they seem harmless,quite sluggish,don't bite,and pretty well don't care about me!!!
i'm sure their larvae are burrowing into all the trees and reaking havoc there like the asian long horned beetle!
they dont 'bug' me really,they are just everywhere! i visited my folks last weekend,and was telling my mom about them,when lo and behold,there were plenty around their house too!
she said she had never seen these guys before either!
so,any help would be cool!

thanx
reficul

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

if i dont cut my lawn,then the neighbors complain,then the township comes and gives me a fine for my trouble!!!
i hate grass,and i would have a 'natural' lawn if i could! i rent,so i don't think the landlord would like my
landscaping project!
grass,or your lawn,is a left over practice from the victorian era,where it was a sign of opulence to have a huge,perfectly manicured lawn!
both points totally do not reflect my status in society!!!
opulence,and well manicured!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

The beetles... Are they this? www.algoflash.fr...

new topics

top topics

join