It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those still carrying Ron Paul banners

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Okay, so with the elections less than two months off, why are some members of ATS still carrying 'Vote Ron Paul 2012' banners on their signatures?

Once your man has proven not to resonate with the majority of the electorate, why do you insist on holding on to the dream?

I am not from the U.S so I cannot relate to your obsessiveness with the whole Presidential race, but we have elections in the U.K and to be fair, if someone has not been selected for the elections, why still support them? Does this mean you will not be voting? Or will you turn up on the day, still expecting your man to be on the list?

edit on 3/10/12 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would for one say it's solidarity in ones beliefs, most amerikans I talk to feel as the whole selection process was a sham, and an ugly in your face haha look what we did sham. People carry the flag of the Ron Paul Ideology, they stand behind a person as a from of protest over how badly the amerikan people have been screwed along the way. I for one have as a canadian gave money to his cause, and have tried as I might to support the cause anyway i could be it posting, twitter, or on FB when I had it.

And I do so because from reading his platform listening to him speak, watching turnouts at town halls I came to appreciate that there is still an unwavering politician who was willing to stand up for the people that put him there.

Thats my reason I don't speak for most but I aprreciated the fight he put up even though I clearly saw he was getting the short end of the stick from the beginning. Really 5mins speaking time in CNN debates yet Santorum and Newt and the rest of the idiots got as long as they needed to make me sick with there hogwash....

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

You may want to consider editing your post. As far as I understand it, it is illegal for presidential candidates to receive contributions from foreign citizens. Unless, of course, you happen to be an American living in Canada?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I appreciate what you are saying and for the most, feel for those that continued to support Mr Paul. I for one did feel that he was probably the rest of the World's favoured option to become president of the U.S.A.

This thread was in no way intended to be a swipe at Ron Paul, I have followed what he has had to say with much interest and I fear it is a missed opportunity.

However, with the elections now being down to two candidates surely it's time to choose between the 2 devils??

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have Ron Paul in my siggy, not because I'm expecting him to be on the ballot, I'm not even going to write him in there, I respect that he didn't get his party's nomination.

I will go and vote and I will vote for Romney, I can't stand the man, but I think that vote will be more "valuable" than a vote for a third party candidate. I was talking to my family the other day and none of them ever even heard of Gary Johnson, so I don't see him winning anything.

Ron Paul is in my siggy and he will remain there, because he has given me HOPE that not all politicians are sleazy slime-balls!

edit on 3-10-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
However, with the elections now being down to two candidates surely it's time to choose between the 2 devils??

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. Perhaps there are people who do not wish to vote for evil. These candidates are chosen for a reason, they're puppets, and it's a trap.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

I concur my friend, but it is your God given right as an American, to vote for one or the other!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

You should just remove the Revolution thing from your signature. I can't fathom how any one whom supports the ideals of Ron Paul could vote for Romney, or any one but Gary Johnson (since write-ins for RP won't be counted).
edit on 3-10-2012 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Please don't listen to those asking you to change your signature. It means a lot to you, and I suspect that taking it down would make you feel like a traitor. It's your space, go ahead and spit in the eye of the world.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

You may want to consider editing your post. As far as I understand it, it is illegal for presidential candidates to receive contributions from foreign citizens. Unless, of course, you happen to be an American living in Canada?

with the new supreme court ruling "citizens united" (stupid name), a foreign person can put unlimited money, into a super pac, where the donors name is kept secret.

In addition to indirectly providing support for the creation of super PACs, Citizens United allowed incorporated 501(c)(4) public advocacy groups (such as the National Rifle Association or Sierra Club, or the group Citizens United itself) and trade associations to make expenditures in political races. Such groups may not, under the tax code, have a primary purpose of engaging in electoral advocacy. These organizations must disclose their expenditures, but unlike super PACs they do not have to include the names of their donors in their FEC filings. A number of partisan organizations, such as Karl Rove's influential conservative Crossroads Grassroots Policy Strategies or the liberal 21st Century Colorado, have since registered as tax-exempt 501(c)(4) groups (defined as groups promoting "social welfare") and engaged in substantial political spending.[94][95] This has led to claims of large secret donations, and questions about whether such groups should be required to disclose their donors.[who?] Historically, such non-profits have not been required to disclose their donors or names of members. See National Association for the Advancement of Colored People v. Alabama.

it's right there in plain english....any drug kingpin, dictator, king, emirate, party chairman, al queda moneyman, mullah, foreign billionaire...etc. can put money into a SUPERPAC, and can keep secret who the donor is.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In america you don`t have to vote for one of the people listed on the voting form you can waste your vote and vote for anyone merely by writing the name of the person whom you want to vote for.you can vote for yourself by writing your name.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

This thread was in no way intended to be a swipe at Ron Paul

...but if I read correctly, you more directed your "swipe" at the members who are still supporting him by continuing to maintain some element of Ron Paul and his bid at the presidency within their signatures, for what is seemingly turning out to be a plethora of individual reasons based on the comments thus far. Is that pretty close?

You may be surprised by this, but just today, I was thinking about starting a thread questioning members that insist on having fictitious cartoon characters as their avatar. I mean they're not even real people, they're cartoons. I just don't get it.

edit on 10/3/2012 by UberL33t because: Added pic for historical reference

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Like the southpark episode where they vote for their new mascot. We have a presidential race between a douche and a turd sandwich. I don't personally label either person running with those labels. Its just an example.

There is always two sides of the coin. Nobody is perfect. Problem is both have more negatives than positives.

All I can say is vote with your morals when you cast your vote, not with your checkbook.

Though if aren't voting with your money, our two choices are still leaving much to be desired.
edit on 3-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Touche mon aimee!!

I am having a swipe , It's just that once someone's ideaology has been left floundering, why continue? It's a bit like some of us Brits continuing to support Gordon Brown!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Why do you still see Obama '08 bumper stickers even though that version of him is no longer in the race? It does not matter that the campaign is over because we're for the principles and ideology above else.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by UberL33t

Touche mon aimee!!

I am having a swipe , It's just that once someone's ideaology has been left floundering, why continue? It's a bit like some of us Brits continuing to support Gordon Brown!!

One could say nothing will ever change unless there is at least one person to challenge "the way things are".

The methods used to elect our Presidents clearly are not working. Yet at the end of the day, we still go along with the show as business as usual. I'd rather not completely write off Ron Paul because he doesn't resonate with Americans.

Then again, if we had fair balanced elections with actual unbiased media coverage, I'm sure more people would see where Ron Paul is coming from.

He has been labeled a crazy old man with twisted views.

You have to ask yourself, who would make a decent man out to be the devil himself?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
People still hold onto and will still vote for RP because it is our right to do so. Many of us have opened our eyes and can see the corruption that runs through both parties. RP talks like the way a American politician should talk his main priority is America first. No offense to members across the pond but we should stop supporting all foreign nations let them solve their own problems. RP also wants our military to be in America like they are supposed to be not in some foreign country fighting to keep another foreign country safe.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The thing people conveniently forget is that there are more than two political parties in the US. Other people will be on the ballot, but the Libertarians have been unfairly excluded from the presidential debates. Gary Johnson is the former governor of New Mexico and his VP running mate is a former superior court judge of California. The Constitution Party even has former congressman Virgil Goode running. So, at least two of the numerous other political parties in this country have people who are just as qualified as Romney and Obama running for POTUS.

I refuse to vote Republican since Ron Paul's out, so I will vote Libertarian (which I am anyway). IMNSHO, people need to start voting third party way more than they currently do. The big two aren't living up to people's expectations and your vote can make a difference if you actually vote your conscience instead of going for the lesser of two evils. If enough people do this then it will make a huge difference. The days of the two party system need to be relegated to the past.
edit on 3-10-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think I understand your purpose for the swipe, it's a fair question to ask (going on the notion that no question is a stupid question). But imo it's one of those "why do people" questions that won't really have one "nail downable" answer. Most of the answers you've received to your query have been pretty subjective as far as I can tell.

My question to you, do you think you're going to be any less annoyed (for lack of a better term) when you see members with these signatures after this thread than you were before you authored it? I would wager probably not because you obviously have established your opinion.

I guess the point I am trying to make is what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

...but if I read correctly, you more directed your "swipe" at the members who are still supporting him by continuing to maintain some element of Ron Paul and his bid at the presidency within their signatures, for what is seemingly turning out to be a plethora of individual reasons based on the comments thus far. Is that pretty close?

You may be surprised by this, but just today, I was thinking about starting a thread questioning members that insist on having fictitious cartoon characters as their avatar. I mean they're not even real people, they're cartoons. I just don't get it

Okay, did you seriously think of that prior to this thread appearing or are you just trying to belittle my avatar?

editby]edit on 10/3/2012 by UberL33t because: Added pic for historical reference

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join