It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite smashes Chinese house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
"A Chinese satellite has smashed into a villager's house on its return to earth, the country's media reports.
The satellite destroyed the building in Sichuan province, but officials say no-one was hurt.

A local newspaper printed a picture of a kettle-shaped capsule which appeared to be about two metres long, lying amid broken bricks, beams and roof tiles.

The satellite was part of a space probe to carry out land surveys and other research, Xinhua news agency said.

"The satellite landed in our home. Maybe this means we'll have good luck this year," the tenant of the wrecked apartment was quoted as saying by the newspaper."

BBC: Satellite smashes Chinese house

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
"The satellite landed in our home. Maybe this means we'll have good luck this year," the tenant of the wrecked apartment was quoted as saying by the newspaper."

Now this is a person I would like to know, talk about a positive spin.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
certainly wouldn't be my reaction

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am also curious if the country/party who owned it will be taking any liability in terms of the property damage.

Seems to be the right thing to do.

[edit on 10/17/2004 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Chances are the family will ask the local authorities for compensation... who in turn will probably request the funds from central government, or it's insurance branch.

It's most likely the family will be paid or they could take the authorities to court

new topics

top topics

join