It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching Myself Wake Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This has been happening for a while now. Basically, every time someone or something wakes me up, just a few seconds before the noise happens to wake me up, I become aware of my surroundings, then notice the sound happen, then notice myself wake up. Somehow I always become aware just a few seconds BEFORE the sound happens, rather than in reaction to the sound.

For a time, I thought this was either a coincidence or there happened to be some other noise just before the one I noticed. However, it has happened so consistently for such a long period now, that I'm quite certain that can't be the case.

So what do you think, could this be evidence for some sort of pre-cognitive ability within the brain, that somehow is more easily accessed through the 'vulnerability' of the sleep state?
edit on 3-10-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i think when you're waking up after the sound, the memory of being aware may be a kind of brain fart. not saying it isn't possible as i have experienced feeling aware before actually waking up.
it could be from a waking process that the sound disturbed. waking before the sound then the sound just speeding things along.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

in my opinion, you are put in this condition by a spititual being. how is spiritual life ?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This happens to me too. I always awake before someone can awaken me.

I too thought it was precognitive ability in my more naive days. Except, I sometimes failed to awaken before my alarm. Wouldn't I be able to wake before that too? I realized that the cause of my awaking early was that my senses rarely slept. I awake at the slightest sound, smell or touch. Simply put: a light sleeper.

This may not be the cause in your case, but it might be best to note what, if anything, has awaken you and infer the possibilities from your observations. The possibility of it being a precognitive ability is slim to none.

Of course, here in the Philosophy section at ATS, we could never rule out a near-impossibility, could we?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well, for me it's not just people. I often wake up a few seconds before the phone will ring, or the alarm will go off.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Maybe you awoke after the 1st ring to be greeted upon consciousness by the second. Perhaps you heard the ring in your sleep and led yourself to believe you were conscious. Perhaps it was a coincidence. Maybe you have special precognitive powers that no one in the world has ever possessed.

All would be interesting conclusions.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Maybe you have special precognitive powers that no one in the world has ever possessed.

Saying you absolutely know something about every person in the entire history of the world is risky business...lol

"Based on what I have seen, and my belief system, I don't find that there is any evidence to support the existence of pre-cognitive abilities in humans"

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Maybe you have special precognitive powers that no one in the world has ever possessed.

Saying you absolutely know something about every person in the entire history of the world is risky business...lol

"Based on what I have seen, and my belief system, I don't find that there is any evidence to support the existence of pre-cognitive abilities in humans"

To be fair, I was under the impression it was presupposed that omniscience is impossible. I was exaggerating. Nonetheless, you are correct.

Your rehash of my words is very diplomatic. That's why I like reading your posts and can never bring myself to argue negatively against what it is you write. Who knows... maybe I'll emulate your prudent good-natured style sometime—but it's highly unlikely.

top topics

join