It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Syrian Rebels Actually Syrian?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So this is Press TV, take it with a grain of salt as always;

Dutch colleague Jeroen Oerlemans, was kidnapped in northern Syrian and freed one week later.

Cantile said he was held in a camp by 30 foreign extremists including some from Britain and Pakistan. He also revealed that some of his captors were “young men with south London accents”.

“They were aiming their Kalashnikovs at a British journalist, Londoner against Londoner in a rocky landscape that looked like the Scottish Highlands”, said Cantile.

The British photographer also disclosed that some of the insurgents could not even speak Arabic, with around a dozen of his captors speaking English out of whom nine spoke with London accents.

“Not a Syrian in sight. This wasn't what I had expected”, Cantile added. “Two of them were so Anglicised they couldn't speak Arabic”.

Source

This however, is certainly not the first time I've heard that foreign trooops and 3 letter agencies were the ones on the ground fighting this thing, under the guise of a Free Syria Movement.

I don't know what to think anymore. The more I look at it, the more it seems like manufactured conflict and an attempt at more manufactured Democracy. We all know how well that's worked out.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm sure somewhere I saw this same info re the Libyan thing. I get the sense in my gut that the whole region right back to Arab spring has been influenced, manipulated and driven from the back seat if you will. Someone, somewhere is destabilizing the region using hired goons passed off as locals.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ties into the article on ATS yesterday that had stated that 95% of all FSA (AL-cia-DA) fighters were not of syrian decent. And I agree what to think about the whole proxy war being fought in the name of democracy and freedom. I would be more inclined to believe it if there were some actual syrians fighting. But too me this is just Libya 2.0 except Russia and China see it too and are adament to not let it go down like that.

Time will tell in the end, 20 yrs down the road the now classified will tell us all about our involvement establishing puppet regimes all over the world too fight 20yrs from the point they were established. And this exact convo I will have with my kids when they are older about how we have seen this all before.

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
With immigration being so widespread and particularly into the UK why would this be a surprise?

We all know that UK "citizens" and others from the US and Europe feel the need to go and fight in the Arab spring so its no surprise to hear London accents out there.

Lets just leave them there and don't allow them back "home" should they survive their "mission".

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by souljacker

Immigrants would not have a British Accent. They would have their native accents.

But thank you for your Xenophobic comments.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
countdown begins for this to get tied back to IRAN somehow

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A few of them are, others are NATO special forces and the rest recruits from the Muslim brotherhood. I know what to think and that is that the Western powers and Israel want Iran's closest ally out of the picture. That would give them control over a wide swath of the Middle East from the Mediterranean to the Gulf of Hormuz. Iran would then be completely isolated.
Syria has been an ally since 9/11 and allowed the CIA to interrogate prisoners in Syrian territory. Now we turn and bite the hand that feeds.
Assad is no angel, nor is he nearly as brutal as many would make him out to be. All in all, he's more moderate than the vast majority of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by souljacker

Immigrants would not have a British Accent. They would have their native accents.

But thank you for your Xenophobic comments.

~Tenth
Of course they are immigrants,second generation maybe but still immigrants.English literally means angle like or like the angles,that they will never be.I agree with souljacker,we shouldn't let these terrorists back in to the country,murdering scumbags.
No doubt the taxpayer in the u.k. is paying their housing benefit while they are away killing.
As for your quote,has the writer ever been to the Scottish highlands because I can't think of any part of it that's like Syria.

top topics

join