It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Reuters- Turkey strikes targets inside Syria after mortar attack

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well it looks like this could become a daily occurrance.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Turkey say they don't want it to escalate into war. How long are they going to put up with it though? Especially if the shelling intensifies and causes more innocent civillian deaths and damage inside Turkey.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This news report seems to answer my own question in my post above.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

The Middle East situation and this includes Iran...is not a Viable Worry as far as any NUCLEAR WAR. The issue is if Iran were to give Nuclear Fuel to a Terrorist Group. Iran's plan to build several Old Style circa...1945 Fission Bombs are not something that would deter the U.S. Military. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Russia, a staunch ally of Syria, appealed to Turkey to stay calm and avoid any action that could increase tensions.

Good old Russia hey, how about they appeal to Syria to stay calm, stop fighting and go to the negotiating table

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

Russia, a staunch ally of Syria, appealed to Turkey to stay calm and avoid any action that could increase tensions.

Good old Russia hey, how about they appeal to Syria to stay calm, stop fighting and go to the negotiating table

Because Russia knows that Syria isn't the problem... It's the CIA/Mossad "rebels" who are lobbing # over to Turkey to cause Turkey to attack and drag NATO into Syria...

Russia is not stupid, they know exactly what's going on...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Ah yes... Its always someone else fault... Cia / Mossad....

It absolutely cant be because Assad is a Colossal asshat and felt murdering, I was going to say his own people however Assad doesnt own them, the Syrian people.

The more I see people making these excuses the more I see the same tactic being used by Obama. Its always someone else fault.

Respectfully get over the paranoia and realie its a big world and the CIA and Mossad arent the only intelligence agencies on this planet. Since there is absolutely no concrete evidence either of those agencies are involved in Syria then it should be acceptable to belive Iran is developing nuclear weapons.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

5 words..
Afghanistan,Iraq,Libya,Syria,Iran
i rest my case

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

5 words..
Afghanistan,Iraq,Libya,Syria,Iran
i rest my case

See my post above for my response to you.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Ah yes... Its always someone else fault... Cia / Mossad....

It absolutely cant be because Assad is a Colossal asshat and felt murdering, I was going to say his own people however Assad doesnt own them, the Syrian people.

The more I see people making these excuses the more I see the same tactic being used by Obama. Its always someone else fault.

Respectfully get over the paranoia and realie its a big world and the CIA and Mossad arent the only intelligence agencies on this planet. Since there is absolutely no concrete evidence either of those agencies are involved in Syria then it should be acceptable to belive Iran is developing nuclear weapons.

Well I'll be damned :

look at this

really?

We've never seen operations like this go too far before have we?

They admit helping the so called "rebels" (who are not even Syrian anyway)... Do you really believe that they wouldn't go further, to "help their cause"? Come on!

edit on 12/10/7 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They admit helping the so called "rebels" (who are not even Syrian anyway)... Do you really believe that they wouldn't go further, to "help their cause"? Come on!

It's Islamic Jihad - From what I have read, the Syrian Rebel cause has gathered in rebels from many countries, including Qatar, and according to your news links, even Britain, to fight against the Syrian government. I am not sure you can label these folks as Westernized. Islamic for sure, but I don't know that you would call a rebel fighter from Qatar as exactly pro-U.S.

Are these rebels baiting Turkey into attacking Syria? Who knows? Unless one is on the ground in the day-to-day fighting, it's hard to know the truth. It would take a brave journalist to even venture into Syria or the Turkish border right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09

It's Islamic Jihad - From what I have read, the Syrian Rebel cause has gathered in rebels from many countries, including Qatar, and according to your news links, even Britain, to fight against the Syrian government. I am not sure you can label these folks as Westernized. Islamic for sure, but I don't know that you would call a rebel fighter from Qatar as exactly pro-U.S.

Are these rebels baiting Turkey into attacking Syria? Who knows? Unless one is on the ground in the day-to-day fighting, it's hard to know the truth. It would take a brave journalist to even venture into Syria or the Turkish border right now.

They are not specifically pro US, they are pro "whoever gives them money and weapons"... This is how the CIA and Mossad control them and make them do whatever they want them to do...

The CIA provoked the uprising, just as they have done in all the south american countries where they forced regime changes... A puppet government is the purpose, just as it has always been...

Islamist don't have to be westernized... Just look back as close to the 80's and remember the Mujjahidin/Al-Qaida in Afghanistan and you see how $$$ and weapons speak louder than religious doctrine...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

God forbid Arabs decide for themselves they no longer wish to be ruled by Assad.. I find it hilarious how you and others constantly dismiss the Arab ability to choose their own destinies, instead laying everything at the doors of the CIA and Mossd. Your argument is becoming more and more rediculous and paranoid.

Arabs are more than capable of rebelling against governments without Mossad or CIA assistance.

But by all means continue your anti US / anti Israel rant...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It seems to be constantly forgotten that the Assad regime has signed an agreement with Iran, to help each other if one is attacked by outside forces, which Assad has constantly called the rebel forces (and he may be right to a certain degree).

online.wsj.com...
english.farsnews.com...

IMO, this entire kettle of rotten fish is intended to draw the west into another war and the latest round of shelling between Turkey and Syria is only another attempt to do exactly that. If Turkey sends troops into Syria, Iran must enter the battle, not only against Turkey, but also the rebel forces. If Turkey is invaded by Syrian forces, then NATO must act because she's a member.

What Russia would do if its naval base on the Syrian coast is attacked, Russia will have to get involved.

Lovely stuff and all those hoping for armageddon will get their wish. Hurrah.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
What Russia would do if its naval base on the Syrian coast is attacked, Russia will have to get involved.

The bulk of your post is interesting and makes some good points... However, the part above needs to be addressed.

The port is NOT Russian, its Syrian. Its NOT a military base for Russia, its a supply and maintenance facility.

Russia is paying Syria for access to it. Russia has stated they will withdraw their assets from the port should that area fall under attack.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The port is NOT Russian, its Syrian. Its NOT a military base for Russia, its a supply and maintenance facility.

Yes, it's a Syrian port and the Russians are using it as a supply and maintenance facility and they are talking about abandoning it... maybe.

(Reuters) - Russia considered evacuating military personnel from Syria this summer but decided the situation was stable enough not to warrant the move, the Interfax news agency reported on Tuesday, citing a military source.

[snip]

The Interfax report indicated Moscow has no immediate plans to abandon a supply and maintenance base in the Mediterranean port of Tartous that is Russia's only naval facility outside the former Soviet Union.

www.reuters.com...

The way things are going, I doubt Putin is just going to 'walk away' from such a strategic facility.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

God forbid Arabs decide for themselves they no longer wish to be ruled by Assad.. I find it hilarious how you and others constantly dismiss the Arab ability to choose their own destinies, instead laying everything at the doors of the CIA and Mossd. Your argument is becoming more and more rediculous and paranoid.

Arabs are more than capable of rebelling against governments without Mossad or CIA assistance.

But by all means continue your anti US / anti Israel rant...

With the super awesome track record that the CIA has in destabilizing countries for monetary and military gain, it would be asinine to ignore, or even mock the idea that they are involved in the current situation in Syria.

Of course, Iran's Shah, Pinochet, Branco, Noriega have nothing to do with a CIA backed regime change... All the people of those countries chose their own destinies...

Come on!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

If we are going to use your line of logic then Iran has a nuclear weapons program.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

you so funny!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Can anyone find a source to verify this claim?

The mortar used to attack the Turkish town of Akcakale is a design specific to NATO and was given to Syrian rebels by Ankara, according to Turkey’s Yurt newspaper. The mortar killed one adult and four children from the same family on Wednesday.

An article by the paper’s Editor-in-Chief, Merdan Yanardag, states that the newspaper received information from a reliable source, which claimed that Turkey itself sent the mortars to rebels in the so-called "free army."

Or could it be his 'reliable' source aint that reliable!

edit on 9/10/12 by logicalview because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join