It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Reuters- Turkey strikes targets inside Syria after mortar attack

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Suddenly the reason Turkey was allowed to join the EU is crystal clear.

Now if Turkey gets caught up in a war with Syria, then the rest of the EU will come to the 'aid' of their alley, Turkey, and the US will come to the aid of their alley, the UK.

And whatdoyaknow, the Empire States of America have another foothold.

Tell me i'm wrong... No, really, do tell me - it's pure guess work

edit on 4-10-2012 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Suddenly the reason Turkey was allowed to join the EU is crystal clear.

Now if Turkey gets caught up in a war with Syria, then the rest of the EU will come to the 'aid' of their alley, Turkey, and the US will come to the aid of their alley, the UK.

And whatdoyaknow, the Empire States of America have another foothold.

Tell me i'm wrong... No, really, do tell me - it's pure guess work

Turkey isn't a member of the EU.

They want to be but it has not happened yet. Not all members want them and the issue is contentious.

They are already full members of NATO which offers them a stronger collective defence assurance than EU membership.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
I'm ready man! eff it! WW3 bring it on! let's just get this over with! let your freak flag and your missiles fly!!!
last one standing turn the lights out please.

And may we know what UFOs are finally. Oh wait countries that have them may use them only for defending their land not for offense.

By????

NATO and Turkey invade Syria.. Iran then attacks bases and Israel and NATO units in Syria. USA and Israel attacks Iran. (this is like chess, so remember, these folks are thinking 3-5 steps ahead), and China and Russia defend Iran. Hell, Jordan may even have to get into it and back a side.

That's WW3.
Then its back to sticks and stones.

Not gonna bring WW3 but these events will have such a reason these countries to take part in WW3 in the future. Also add North Korea hatin on the US presence and North Korea against South Korea
edit on 4-10-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Turkey isn't a member of the EU.

They want to be but it has not happened yet. Not all members want them and the issue is contentious.

They are already full members of NATO which offers them a stronger collective defence assurance than EU membership.

Thanks for filling me in, i stand humbly corrected.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What would you do if someone punches you in the face?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What would you do if someone punches you in the face accidentally?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread

What would you do if someone punches you in the face?

Depends what faith a person has..or not, and who is his God...or not. Turn the other cheek or rip the other guys face off in return. All justified responses...

It will become more interesting when you first count to ten and think what response will benifit you the most.

edit on 4/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
i bet that AL CIADA or MOSSAD did that attack on Turkey from Syria. for obvious reasons!

Or...

Maybe the world is actually nuts and savage. Welcome to reality. It isn't too nice.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I find this completely unbelieveable,but if true imo Turkey is justified in responding,if the punishment meets the crime,but they have been bombing for a second day! anyone want to place bets on a third?

I don't see Syria conducting military operations within Turkey,if the tables were turned Syria would be a crater.
As long as there is outside intervention within Syria they have my unwavering support..
ANKARA,— Turkey's Parliament authorized military operations against Syria on Thursday and its military fired on targets there for a second day.
edit on 4-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Don't be naive and think that Turkish border is not used by US/Israel/NATO to supply
mercenaries and fighters into Syria..

I guess Syrian army commanders though to send a message to Turkey and her
handlers..

It backfired, and I don't think Syrian army would do it again. Assuming it was the
Syrian army who fired

edit on 4-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I agree! Let's get real freaky deaky for this one!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Its not the first time its happened... Turkey is also not the only country to be on the receiving end of an incident like this. So far there have been several other incurssions / exchanges between Syrian government forces and Lebanon and Jordan with heightening tensions on the border of Israel and Iraq.

Whiel every nation has a right to defend itself one has to wonder where the line is drawn? When you have a dictratorship the lower ranks of the military are not going to determine on their own to fire across the border. That order is going to come from the government / military leadership. If it doesnt I would imagine the military members who fired will disappear.

Independent thought / intiative is not common in the command structures like Syria (old soviet union would also be a good comparison).

That brings us back to the saying -
Eliminate the impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Not to mention the Syrian government has claimed responsibility for the attack, which in and of itself is interesting.

Why would Syria claim that type of incident? I am curious whats going on behind the scenes now.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Wow, so the US and Saudi plan seems to work.

I've read on a newspaper called "Hurriyet" 1,5 months ago when I was on vacation in Turkey, and it was said that the US did a scenario sometime during spring for a whole day where they targeted to drag Turkey into war with Syria, but without troop support from U.S. and Saudi Arabia.

They gained this aim by increasing PKK attacks, especially bomb attacks all-across Turkey, including a bomb attack in Gaziantep (which indeed happend and killed 8 ppl).

reply to post by Jeremiah65

Watch this and you'll understand. He says a pretty nice line: "Imamate versus Caliphate"

www.youtube.com...

Well, I didn't want to sleep at all tonight...

Thank you I$rael, America, Middle East and thread of nuclear war!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Its not the first time its happened... Turkey is also not the only country to be on the receiving end of an incident like this. So far there have been several other incurssions / exchanges between Syrian government forces and Lebanon and Jordan with heightening tensions on the border of Israel and Iraq.

Whiel every nation has a right to defend itself one has to wonder where the line is drawn? When you have a dictratorship the lower ranks of the military are not going to determine on their own to fire across the border. That order is going to come from the government / military leadership. If it doesnt I would imagine the military members who fired will disappear.

Independent thought / intiative is not common in the command structures like Syria (old soviet union would also be a good comparison).

That brings us back to the saying -
Eliminate the impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Not to mention the Syrian government has claimed responsibility for the attack, which in and of itself is interesting.

Why would Syria claim that type of incident? I am curious whats going on behind the scenes now.

Chaos most probably. It feels like a situation where command and control is breaking down. I doubt very much it was ordered by Assad. But what else could they do than admit it and apologise? A denial would not be believed and would probably make matters worse.

I very much fear events are gaining a momentum all their own.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
pff..... typical turkey!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is now the 3rd day of repeated mortar fire back and forth between Turkey and Syria on the border. Worse yet, Turkey's prime minister is saber-rattling, indicating that Turkey is on the very brink of all-out war with Syria. Insiders are saying that Syria wants this battle to become a regional conflict - This would draw in Russia, Iran, and Hezbollah on the side of Syria, and Turkey's allies on the other side - U.S., etc. Syria has a whole host of chemical and biological weapons, and Turkey has a fierce military. Russia about a month ago sent 25 of their military ships to the region along the Mediterranean. Rebels fighting against Syria have taken dozens of Iranian hostages, and is threatening to execute them if the Syrian government does not meet their demands.

We are witnessing world history in the making, folks. This will escalate quickly, and the trajectory for mass casualties is great. We are on the beginning stages of WWIII. This is going to get very ugly, very quick. This is all bad news.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Try Turkey saying they don't want war while bombarding Targets in Syria for the 3rd day
Makes as much sense as me punching someone in the face repeatedly while saying "i don't want to fight"
Something tells me this is a set -up
imo Syria admitting to this and apologising is a flat -out lie
Has it crossed any thinking person's mind that the rebels themselves have struck Turkey to get them involved and help them?
edit on 5-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

From what I have been reading, some believe that the Syrian government really wants to see this escalate into a regional war. To me, this would make sense because then Russia and Iran, and possibly China, will get involved and support the Syrian government's efforts to stay viable. It's almost like Syria is purposely baiting Turkey into declaring war, because they know that this will be then a regional conflict and Syria's allies will then get involved.

What concerns me most is that this is the next level of escalation. The projected trajectory is not peace, but all-out war. Tensions are worsening, not getting better. Turkey's Parliament just passed emergency legislation giving the Prime Minister authority to take military action against Syria. These are very, very serious times.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I've said that from the start. The rebels have repeatedly faked videos showing them shooting down aircraft, so why not setup the govt forces.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

If so,Why lob a small short range weapon(mortor) akin to a sling-shot into Turkey?,why not chuck a chem weapon into the country or barrage of heavy artillary,or airstrike? I'm sorry but a few rounds from a mortor isn't exactly a convincing assault,esp when almost anyone can carry one,nor should it be reason enough for Turkey to basically declare war on Syria!,if they want to draw-in Turkey it makes wayy more sense from a logical stand point that the FSA, Anarchic Al-qaeda or PKK attacked Turkey than Syria,Did Israel attack Iraq when they launched multiple scuds? My spidey senses are telling me this is bs and a set-up plain and simple,it just makes common sense.
edit on 5-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join