It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Reuters- Turkey strikes targets inside Syria after mortar attack

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

This is complex, there are other forces in Syria pushing their agenda (just as there will be in any conflict) but refusing to accept the evidence and choosing to believe unfounded rumors and theories is simply stupid. I would expect more from the ATS community.

1+

The ignorance some people display here on ATS is actually , ehm , scary indeed .

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Seems, according to today's (4/10) mid-day news on BBC radio, that the Turkish government have agreed to Turkish troops (invading) crossing the border into Syria.

Although they have declared that they do not want to go to war with Syria.

Maybe just clearing the decks for future action?

This follows NATO condemning Syria over their actions, yesterday evening.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

This whole operation is a CIA/Mossad coup d'état, to remove someone who refuses western banks and currency in order to place a puppet government... It's been done before, its being done again, and you are all getting duped (like usual)
edit on 12/10/4 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

End does justify the means , otherwise you are correct .

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

CIA/Mossad provocateurs are involved for sure... They are probably the ones firing into Turkey to get them to start war with Syria so that NATO can get involved...

Do you know how easy it is for the MSM to say that Assad accepted responsibility and you will all believe it! Just like 9/11, WMDs in Iraq, and just like every other lie we heard in the last gazillion years...

Oh and I just find it so hillarious how these so called "rebels" are NOT Syrian... Most of these rebels are UK nationals, Pakistanis, Afghanis, who are in Syria to "remove Assad"... Where are the Syrian fighters?

This whole operation is a CIA/Mossad coup d'état, to remove someone who refuses western banks and currency in order to place a puppet government... It's been done before, its being done again, and you are all getting duped (like usual)

Evidence please?

Oh right, there is none.

edit on 4-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Turkey's Parliament on Thursday approved an abrupt motion that will allow the government to undertake necessary military retaliation against Syria, after a mortar strike killed five Turkish civilians in the Turkish town of Akçakale on the Syria border.

www.todayszaman.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

CIA/Mossad provocateurs are involved for sure... They are probably the ones firing into Turkey to get them to start war with Syria so that NATO can get involved...

Do you know how easy it is for the MSM to say that Assad accepted responsibility and you will all believe it! Just like 9/11, WMDs in Iraq, and just like every other lie we heard in the last gazillion years...

Oh and I just find it so hillarious how these so called "rebels" are NOT Syrian... Most of these rebels are UK nationals, Pakistanis, Afghanis, who are in Syria to "remove Assad"... Where are the Syrian fighters?

Evidence please?

Oh right, there is none.

edit on 4-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Here

Also here

And here

Want more?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why would Assad want to open up another front in this war against a powerful and well organised army? It doesn't make any sense. Why is nobody asking this question?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well folks,

Looks like Turkey has approved cross border military action for the next year when deemed neccessary.

State media says Turkey’s Parliament has approved a bill authorizing the military to conduct cross-border operations in Syria after a deadly shelling from the Syrian territory killed five civilians.

The Anadolu Agency says legislators on Thursday voted in favor of the bill that gives the government authority for one year to send troops or warplanes to strike Syrian targets whenever it deems it necessary.

Link

I wonder what will constitute as necessary??

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I am most certainly anti-Syrian government, and pro-Syrian people. As that is how we will achieve stability. Or do you think Assad is a bastion of Freedom and Stability?

Oh good. For a moment I thought you were applying a double standard. One set of rules for Turkey (Nato) who can keep rebel bases and sanctuaries inside their borders from which to cross and strike targets inside Syria; and another set of rules for the target country of said warfare who is not allowed to fight back against such an insurgency.

So fostering terrorism and harboring terrorists is OK for Nato countries but not OK for anyone else. Establishing terrorist training camps and supply routes across borders for those same terrorists is what America started the war on Terror for, right? So now we are doing the same thing to other nations?

By the way, you don't achieve stability by overthrowing governments. Declaring Syria is "unfree" and "unstable" and now in need of "intervention" because the instability provided by countries like Turkey demands it?

Thats your position? I thought you were people oriented? You appear to want another mid eastern war in the name of freedom and stability.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Crisis over

Syria has apologized... Nothing else will happen..

Thank God!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Looks like Turkey has approved cross border military action for the next year when deemed neccessary.
---

No less than the overthrow of the Syrian government. It seems that Syria isn't getting on board with the New World Order thingy. They also seem to be sitting on a ton of oil.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If the terrorists/rebels/whatever are smart they fire some new rockets to Turkey so Turkey can fight for them, or did they already did that?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Well folks,

State media says Turkey’s Parliament has approved a bill authorizing the military to conduct cross-border operations in Syria after a deadly shelling from the Syrian territory killed five civilians.

The Anadolu Agency says legislators on Thursday voted in favor of the bill that gives the government authority for one year to send troops or warplanes to strike Syrian targets whenever it deems it necessary.

Link

This is bad. According to this thread Syria would use chemical and biological weapons if attacked.
Thread

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
While the current crisis appears to have abated, the new status quo is a tinder box in my opinion. Turkey now has legislation in place which enables it to more aggressively defend itself, including cross-border incursions, if necessary. This is one of those situations where there is a great risk of miscalculation or accidental escalation. If any elements within Syria, with the backing of the Assad regime or not, intentionally or unintentionally, hit Turkey again, the government of Turkey will feel immense pressure to retaliate more substantively than this time from its people in my view.

I hope that this exchange has made all sides more cognizant of the need for restraint and care. There has already been too much bloodshed from this single exchange.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Show me where Assad has admitted to authorising an attack on Turkey and
maybe i can take take you seriously

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Bringing Turkey into the fight is just how NATO will get in on Syria.. Don't know who shot into Turkey, but know this, if more strikes go into Turkey, it means things just got REAL....

It could go like this:

NATO and Turkey invade Syria.. Iran then attacks bases and Israel and NATO units in Syria. USA and Israel attacks Iran. (this is like chess, so remember, these folks are thinking 3-5 steps ahead), and China and Russia defend Iran. Hell, Jordan may even have to get into it and back a side.

That's WW3.
Then its back to sticks and stones.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Turkey is just fully executing the master's order,probably not knowing this will get them one step closer to a civil war....The unrest in Syria can easily spread around to the neighboring countries,specially Turkey.With most people against their government's actions and Kurds already settling along the borders,Erdogan will have a very bumpy road ahead...Not to mention Russia China and Iran's future involvements in the matter,just to make them worse for turkey.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Let me be a bit more specific. I have no personal regrets in my life. As far as war amongst nations, one would have to be braindead not to understand America is the BIG target. I have said it before, on here, we will see the destruction that we like to give out.

War will happen, the writings on the wall so to speak. The sorrow I would feel for those vaporised in a nuclear firestorm is no different than the sorrow I feel for the Native Americans we tried to eradicate. Or the folks we have slaughtered in Iraq & Afghanistan. Useless, senseless, murder. In the name of freedom. We should have a new slogan instead of "Live free or die" it should be "Live free or we will kill you" .

edit on 4-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So based on the comments thus far I am seeing people say this is all Turkeys fault.

Anyone care to explain how thats possible when the shells came from Syrian government forces (Syrian government stated they are acting in a restrained manner while they investigate).

ETA -
Turkey authorizes military operations in Syria

For its part, Syria admitted it was responsible for the shelling that killed five people in Turkey and formally apologized for the deaths, a top Turkish official said.

Deputy Prime Minister Besir Atalay said Syria has reassured the U.N. that "such an incident will not occur again."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Syria was responsible for the shelling...
edit on 4-10-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It doesn't matter who fires first.It could be anybody really.The idea is to draw turkey to a conflict that she can not get out of in one piece...And in allowing that to happen yes turkey is at fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join