It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted/Cursed Jewish Dybbuk Wine Box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Did anybody heard on the legend of the Haunted Dybbuk Box? The first time i heard about it was yesterday when watching Sy Fys series Paranormal Witness, amazing series, one of the best probably.

The Dybbuk is the name given to a malevolent/demonic entity. In Jewish folklore, a dybbuk (Yiddish: דיבוק, from Hebrew adhere or cling) is a malicious or malevolent possessing spirit believed to be the dislocated soul of a dead person.

In the legend of the box, the original owners of the box were a family of jewish during World War II. Like many European families, they really liked doing "Ouija Bored" sections. But instead of using the "Ouija Bored", they writed the Hebraic alphabet on a cloth and used a pendulum to contact the spirits.

In one of these sections, they received the answer "Free me from the realm of shadows". It was too late until the four girls realized that they summoned a extremely powerful spirit, the Dybbuk. In order to protect themselfs, they done a forbidden magic to trap the demon in the Wine Box. But, opening the box would release the spirit over the property.

The information about the origin of the box was given by one of the original owner's box girls. She was alive in that time.

Here's the legend:

" The dybbuk "box" is actually a wine cabinet that is supposed to be haunted by the spirit of a dybbuk. A man named Kevin Mannis put this "box" up for auction on eBay, with an accompanying history of the relic. Mannis was a writer and owned an antique store at the time, so his story was naturally suspect. In any case, he claimed that he had obtained the box from an estate sale of a Holocaust survivor named Havela. Havela's granddaughter told him of the haunted box and when Mannis offered to give it back, she became upset and refused.

According to Mannis, he opened the box and discovered that it contained locks of blonde and brown hair, each bound with a cord, 1920s pennies, a small statue engraved with the word "Shalom"(in Hebrew of course), a small, golden wine goblet, one dried rose bud, and a candle holder with four octupus shaped legs.

From then on, every one who owned the box would fall prey to its evil. Mannis claimed that he had suffered horrific nightmares while he was in possession of the box, and that his mother had a stroke when he gave it to her as a present. The smell of jasmine flowers and cat urine, and nightmares of an old hag seem to be constants in the claims of the people who have owned this cursed antique.

The last person to auction off the box on eBay was a man named Iosif Neitzke, a Minnesota college student. He claimed that the box caused lights to burn out in his house and his hair to fall out. The winner of the auction, and present owner of the dybbuk box, was Jason Haxton, the Director of the Museum of Osteopathic Medicine located in Kirksville, Missouri. Haxton was so affected by the spirit in the box that he wrote a book about it entitled, The Dibbuk Box. In the book, Haxton would describe his own health problems such as coughing up blood, welts on his body, and hives. Still he continues to own the box at his own expense."

--------------------------------------------------
Of course, there's much much more information on this legend. But I want to make this short in case you guys are too lazy to read. The box contents:

To trap the Dybbuk and minimize i'ts powers, Haxton sealed the box inside his expense very deep inside the house, there, he created a magic altar consisting of solomon seals and many magic candles. No one for exception of him enters the expense.

Curisosity: The Box was first put at sold in Ebay for 1.00 US$, whomever, over 70.000 people disputed it. In the end, the students bought it for 280,00 U$$.

Curisosity; A very good exorcism movie was made on the legend. It's called the "Possesion" and is already in the theaters.

Movie trailer: www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-10-2012 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

Curisosity: A book called "The Dybbuk Box" it's been written by the new owner of the Box, Haxton. In it, he will describe every tale, all occurrences and other things evolving the box with small details.

My theory: the Dybbuk is really a non-human spirit, explaining it's abilities to # up computers, hard drives and explode lights. It's magnetic field is so strong that he can generates an EMP and destroy everything that's electronic made. This can also explain how it was able to invade the people's dreams. If he can blow up lights, than he can access persons's neural systems using electrical impulses with ease and then invade their minds (aka: mind reading and control).

Whomever, i have no ideas on how it can cause sickness and other diseases.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Frocharocha because: Gramar errors. Other edits also.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Frocharocha because: Haxton, not haxon

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Interesting. I've always believed that entities or spirits could either get trapped/imprinted in locations or objects. I have little first hand experience regarding this. I grew up in a haunted house. The house was haunted due to its location. But the house was also considered cursed. Everyone who lived in the house would have horrible luck and all sorts of tragic occurrences. To make things worse my dad decided to import some African statues that were considered possessed. Grin adults would swear to see these statues moving from time to time.

Eventually we sold the house to a celebrity who then spent tons of mOney to renovate it. His career tanked within the first year living there and has never returned. He in turn ended up selling the house to another famous celebrity who so far has had no issues.

We think the house was haunted due to location and the cursed objects brought into the house helped to amplify their Powers.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I must say, interesting read. This really makes you wonder, doesn't it? My only complaint about the post is the poor grammar. lol

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
I must say, interesting read. This really makes you wonder, doesn't it? My only complaint about the post is the poor grammar. lol

Mine or from the article i got the information? LOL.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Interesting that I found this post today. I just saw the movie Possesion last night. It is supposedly based on a true story and I am wondering exactly which parts were based in truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Interesting that I found this post today. I just saw the movie Possesion last night. It is supposedly based on a true story and I am wondering exactly which parts were based in truth.

Well, how they got the box, that was a Jewish box, and that attracted insect swarms was the only parts so far that are considered true.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
DONT OPEN IT !

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
DONT OPEN IT !

Surely, but the magic seal created 60 years ago is already broken. The demon inside it is way powerful to be hold.

top topics

join