It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want to survive when SHTF, make sure you live near amish communities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

People like you give me a reason to be armed if crap hits the fan.

I hope you edit your post sir. It was a bad statement.
edit on 10/3/2012 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

People like you give me a reason to be armed if crap hits the fan.

It was a joke, sister!

Don’t get your knickers in a pinch.

It would behoove you to have a firearm though….you know….just in case! There will be many people looking take from others if the SHTF.

edit on 3-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Is a bad day an excuse... pfft... Seabag sorry about snapping at you and your right with what you said.. BTW that ticks me off.. People will take advantage of others when all hell breaks loose... sad

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It's funny, I would have never thought I would want a gun, and still not sure actually? I could handle living off the land, if any is still "available".....and I would REALLY try hard to survive, mostly because skills I have I know could be helpful to people I Love and others, but I'm not sure I could cope with watching people die, and could I kill someone? If it ever got that bad, I think I'm going with "God" and making everyone I can as "comfortable" as possible.......just greatful for everyday of "peace" we still have......butt I don't feel we should take these outright "threats" lightly........

Think I am going to tell some people how much I Love them today.......♥ Very fond of all of you too....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Thank you.

ATS requires a second line. Anyways thank you.
edit on 10/3/2012 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

It all good…

People who can’t provide for themselves and/or didn’t prepare will do crazy things when they start getting hungry or when their kids are hungry...its human nature….survival instinct.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
"The Amish are all self sufficient, grown their own food, meat"

I live in an area with Amish. They are not truly self-sufficient. I have seen Amish people shopping at Walmart just like everyone else. The local Tractor Supply put in a rail for them to tie their horses to when shopping there. They buy the fabric to make their clothes. They buy their shoes. Some of them use propane for things like refrigeration. Did you know they will use plastic needlepoint fabric in the brim of the women's bonnets to keep them stiff? However, they are probably much better at taking care of themselves than most people, raising a lot of their food, using horses for transportation, etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The Amish only see the "English" as a form of revenue. They will gladly sell you something or trade but don't expect much else depending on the community in which you choose to live near. Some are more open to business and tourists and others are more closed and only focus on agriculture and construction. There are several different Amish communities near me in Ohio and in the more closed communities you definitely have to earn their trust and respect their ways.

<< 1   >>

join