It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why marriage is important "non-believers welcome"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why marriage is important "non-believers welcome"

Believe what you want. God, Science, whatever you want. Even renowned scientist Stephen Hawking now believes in a "singularity". The singularity is a point in existence that is not bound by the dimension of time. Because from what we see we know we are in a state of decay. Both as a planet, universe and humanity. Stephen Hawking simply refuses to acknowledge the singularity as a creator, despite the awe inspiring complexity of life, even in its simplest form.

But I'm not here to convert you, only love can change a man.

As for marriage; "Singularity", "God", God goes by many names so if singularity is your name for him, who am I to judge you. I am not pretending to understand any more than you. If I'm right and there is God, then we ALL have one father. So we are to love each others as brothers and sisters. Our lust for sexuality can be consuming, especially at a young age. Even though we are all brothers and sisters, God gives us this one concession. We may marry one of our sisters. Obviously this is a necessary concession for life is a lesson. And none of us understands what awaits us at death, we simply have a hope of something more like our hearts desire.

So we may take one of our sisters and make her our wife. Remember we have one father and she is your sister. You would never treat your sister the way you treat your wife. Because you did not see her as your sister first you fail to understand how to love her. (CHRISTIANS) If you were to pick the perfect husband for your sister, could you live up to that standard? You see if you saw your wife as your sister first you WOULD live up to that standard.

Marriage "one man, one woman", the one concession.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Love is all that matters.

A legal document stating a marriage, is meaningless.

You lost me on the whole incest thing...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Marriage can be whatever you want it to be. Each couple makes their own marriage and makes the rules for it.

If you're religious, your marriage is going to mean one thing. Non-religious people might have a marriage of convenience, friendship, companionship or for other reasons. There are "open-marriages", polygamist marriages, arranged marriages, gay marriages and marriages for the purpose of having a family. There are MANY different types of marriage. It all depends on who takes part in the institution.

Here in the US, the basic foundation of legal marriage is a secular contract between two parties and the state. Beyond that, each couple adds their own definitions and rules. You can add a religious component, but it's not necessary.

My marriage is important to me. Other people's marriages are NOT. I have NO BUSINESS telling you what to do with your marriage and you have NO BUSINESS telling me how to run mine.
It's a personal choice.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Apparently I lost you on the intelligent reply also. Really you would chose to mock that post? Although I am instructed to love you as my brother, "and I do", this does not mean I must put up with my brothers immaturity. I think it's time for someone to grow up.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Apparently I lost you on the intelligent reply also. Really you would chose to mock that post? Although I am instructed to love you as my brother, "and I do", this does not mean I must put up with my brothers immaturity. I think it's time for someone to grow up.

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What made you think I was talking to you? I said in the begging I was not here to convert you. But I made it obvious that it was going to be a Christian Post; Hence I posted in the religious forum. So you could have stopped reading at that.

But instead you thought that somehow I needed your opinion. I did not ask for your opinion any more than you asked for mine, but I did make you read my thread. It is you that is attempting to convert me to your beliefs. I'm sorry but you can stop trying to convert me because I am satisfied with what I believe. I find no need to shove it in anyone's face. Making someone believe you does not justify your belief. In my opinion Only God will justify man.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

What the hell are you talking about?

Your are very immature. Is that clear enough? Please don't ruin my thread

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Your are very immature. Is that clear enough? Please don't ruin my thread

Since you have already wrongfully accused me of mocking you, and are still being very defensive towards me, without even attempting to carry on a discussion, I might as well go ahead and show you an example of what it may have looked like, if I had mocked you.

Obviously, you get riled up far too easy. Would it be possible that your hostility is a direct result of the incestual act which resulted in you?

What made you think I was talking to you? I said in the begging I was not here to convert you. But I made it obvious that it was going to be a Christian Post; Hence I posted in the religious forum. So you could have stopped reading at that.

But instead you thought that somehow I needed your opinion. I did not ask for your opinion any more than you asked for mine, but I did make you read my thread. It is you that is attempting to convert me to your beliefs. I'm sorry but you can stop trying to convert me because I am satisfied with what I believe. I find no need to shove it in anyone's face. Making someone believe you does not justify your belief. In my opinion Only God will justify man.
lmao. This an open public forum, dummy. If you don't want others to reply to you, then don't start a thread. It's a rather simple concept.

P.S. This isn't YOUR THREAD. At the exact moment that you posted it, it became the property of ATS and The Above Network.

edit on 10/3/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, in your title, you say "non-believers welcome" so I would think that you would understand some of the comments you are receiving.

The type of marriage we have today, is not like it is written in the bible. So which type are you promoting?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What made you think I was talking to you?

What the ...? I didn't think you were talking to me personally. You posted on a discussion board and I posted my opinion on your post...

But I made it obvious that it was going to be a Christian Post; Hence I posted in the religious forum. So you could have stopped reading at that.

I didn't want to stop reading. I didn't think you were trying to convert me. I thought you were trying to have a discussion. Your freaking title says. "non-believers welcome". I thought you really meant that. I was just giving my thoughts on your post. I see you've attacked Broken Circles for their thoughts, as well. Chill out.

But instead you thought that somehow I needed your opinion.

No. I thought you wanted to have a discussion. My bad.

I did not ask for your opinion any more than you asked for mine, but I did make you read my thread.

Again... No. You didn't make me read the thread.

It is you that is attempting to convert me to your beliefs.

Hold on, dude. You're losing it. I didn't think anyone was trying to convert anyone. What is your problem?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

This thread is officially a waste of my time. Thank you. Goodbye.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This thread is officially a waste of my time. Thank you. Goodbye.

I second this.

new topics

top topics

join