It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tin Foil Hats Make It Easier To Read Your Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Found this article in my newspaper, a bit weird they write about this but I'll bring you the news anyway. Using the original source they linked to.
Some light-hearted ATS-material, not more.

Conclusion of the research: you can all throw away your tin foil hats now.

In 2005, a group of MIT students, prodded by "a desire to play with some expensive equipment," tested the effectiveness of foil helmets at blocking various radio frequencies. Using two layers of Reynolds aluminum foil, they constructed three helmet designs, dubbed the Classical, the Fez, and the Centurion, and then looked at the strength of the transmissions between a radio-frequency signal generator and a receiver antenna placed on various parts of their subjects' bare and helmet-covered heads.

The helmets shielded their wearers from radio waves over most of the tested spectrum (YouTube user Mrfixitrick likewise demonstrates the blocking power of his foil toque against his wireless modem) but, surprisingly, amplified certain frequencies: those in the 2.6 Ghz ( allocated for mobile communications and broadcast satellites) and 1.2 Ghz (allocated for aeronautical radionavigation and space-to-Earth and space-to-space satellites) bands.

Source

And a video to go with it:

Enjoy.
edit on 3/10/12 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Of course it didn't provide any protection.
You have to use lead foil, I thought everyone knew that?

This is pretty cool though, I didn't realize any body had put that much thought into this. But now that I think about it I really shouldn't be surprised.

Or you could just create a device that emits "white noise" or interference across a broad range of spectrums.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, obviously. If someone is wearing a tinfoil hat for anything other than aesthetic purpose, one could safely assume that their thoughts are revolving around suspicion, fear, insanity, or a combination of the three.

And if you bring that to their attention, their suspicions are confirmed, activating fear which feeds their insanity, leading to the fulfillment of your educated guess. VOILA! Professional mind reading has been mastered.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My favorite part is: "The conclusion of the group of MIT students was: the propagation of aluminum caps can not be other than a deliberate government plan." lol

Originally posted by Movhisattva

The helmets shielded their wearers from radio waves over most of the tested spectrum (YouTube user Mrfixitrick likewise demonstrates the blocking power of his foil toque against his wireless modem) but, surprisingly, amplified certain frequencies: those in the 2.6 Ghz ( allocated for mobile communications and broadcast satellites) and 1.2 Ghz (allocated for aeronautical radionavigation and space-to-Earth and space-to-space satellites) bands.

Anyone can check the blocking abilities of your tin foil hat with a simple battery powered AM radio against a wireless modem and other rf equipment etc... of course RF leakage will happen because foil hats are not totally enclosed lol.

However attention to detail is important for your Tin Foil Hat, you could add pigtail extensions to make it less resonant at 2.6 Ghz or attain even more shielding by decorating it with ferrite beads!

edit on 3-10-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah I brought that up in a thread recently
and got yelled at for not taking the thread seriously.
It's funny how forums and topics have their usual
suspects and standard operating mode.

I was curious as to which came first,
the Tin (aluminum) hat
or satellites in orbit. It was the hat. By far.
I think the hat came into being in 1927
and satellites the late 1950's

I think I was told to go play in traffic?
Something like that. Oh well, glad you are bringing
this study up. It's fascinating.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They wernt using an proper ATS hat endorsed by the main man Jonh Lear

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! My plans to conquer the world have been foiled......hehehe...get it foiled.
edit on 3-10-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
slightly offtopic or not, and it's not like i'm paranoid about having my mind read so i never considered a tinfoil hat.

but i do carry a hematite piece around for the purpose of "shielding" from electronic fog, all the little magnetic fields we have or carry around like cellphones, computers, etc...

a little radiation is okay, but all those little exposures put together amount to alot.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Only a reptillian would promote such proaganda

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What abOut lining ones hat or clothes with a Mylar or wire mesh like a faraday cage. Wouldn't that be pretty effective?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

MIT? They're in TPTB's back pocket! This is all disinfo so "they" can read your thoughts easier. Please, keep wearing the "tin foil" hats to avoid the mental intrusions from TPTB.

I can't believe how many will be fooled by this disinfo plot from MIT and take off their hats. You might as well give them the keys to your house.

From their very website comes the truth:

tech.mit.edu...

"MIT is the number one non-profit Department of Defense contractor in the nation, according to the Chronicle of Higher Education (4/13/88)."

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm sure if someone's reading your thoughts you'd know about it. Best thing to do in that case would be to focus on something solid, and hang onto that thought till they're gone.

Like that bloke with the bomb in his bag in Village of the Damned.

"A BRICK WALL... A BRICK WALL... A BRICK WALL..."

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
this was done before.
and it was posted on ATS old files.

But its a trick to get you to take off your tin foil hat.
Dont Do IT!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Anyone who is really serious about their tin foil hat knows you have to line it with chicken wire to create a Faraday cage for your skull.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
From someone who was born hearing things and people (clairaudient) I found that a piece of silk, like a silk headscarf, stops scalar waves reaching the skull.

If you have been implanted in the ears, then you need to deactivate the implant using a strong magnet, like neodymium, for 24 hours.

If you can get your vibration to a higher frequency then this can deactivate implants too.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

You should discuss this with your doctor.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Brain tapping waves are matter waves going right through tin hats.
So if MIT says EM or electrical waves they have to be giving us some dis information.
But I would not know for sure but always thought so.
By reason of tapping non EM waves in the brain as EM applies to in solid metal
misconstrued to also apply to the air. So electrical brain impulses are more akin
to static pulses that vary according to thoughts. And yes quite sensitive equipment
is needed that has been worked on for years if need be. I don't know how AA puts
in it seats and where they were built but things happen without our knowledge.

edit on 10/5/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

You must be joking they are the ones trying to kill me with their 'lets have your gallbladder out' when my pain was on the other side.
Every time I have gone to them with a real problem they ignore me, and yet when they isn't a problem they want to give me unnecessary surgery.

You are the type of person that will end up in Earth version B, good luck with that.

new topics

top topics

join