It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three killed by Syrian mortar in Turkey's Akcakale border region

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

They have every right to retaliate. If it was Syrian forces firing into Turkish territory then thats an act of war.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

It makes you think when you notice the timing in all this.

After the turkish jet being hit, and after the subject has cooled down, new rumors appear around their deaths, teasing a response from Turkey. It was even admitted that russians were involved in the decision.

With that pretext, if someone is trying to tease Turkey to blame Assad, throwing a rocket inside their territory seems to be asking for trouble, with a purpose.

Hey welcome back, long time no see

I apologize but I'm unsure of the point you were trying to make (please forgive my lack of reading comprehension for today).

I'm pretty sure that you are implying that it would be a perfect set up to blame Assad with the recent tensions and newly released info about the murder of the pilots to have the FSA launch some mortars into or close to Turkish territory?

It's been a long day, but if what my interpretation of your post is correct, I completely agree.

Unfortunately we cannot tell for sure who did this and what their motives are so even I who am usually quick to jump on the "false flag" wagon...I'm waiting for more evidence before I commit to any theory even though I am leaning towards a certain theory, just not sure about it yet.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hey welcome back, long time no see

Thank you! Work called. lol

I'm pretty sure that you are implying that it would be a perfect set up to blame Assad with the recent tensions and newly released info about the murder of the pilots to have the FSA launch some mortars into or close to Turkish territory?

Yes. And to add the update to your thread - if this gets heated up, one of our threads will have updates on the situation - I just made this one about the retaliation by Turkey to this attack.

Things are getting worst, and it seems it is all very convenient and well timed... Too well.

It's been a long day, but if what my interpretation of your post is correct, I completely agree.

Yes, it is!

Unfortunately we cannot tell for sure who did this and what their motives are so even I who am usually quick to jump on the "false flag" wagon...I'm waiting for more evidence before I commit to any theory even though I am leaning towards a certain theory, just not sure about it yet.

Well, might be someone in the FSA trying to wiggle the box, but it could also be a misfired mortar from someone-somewhere, one of those that are convenient in time and place.

The Turkish response and the NATO reunion add to my suspicion, to be honest.
edit on 3-10-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
After the turkish jet being hit, and after the subject has cooled down, new rumors appear around their deaths, teasing a response from Turkey. It was even admitted that russians were involved in the decision.

With that pretext, if someone is trying to tease Turkey to blame Assad, throwing a rocket inside their territory seems to be asking for trouble, with a purpose.

Turkey has said that the documents showing that the pilots survived and were executed were faked. I have no trouble believing this, because the rebels have faked other events as well. Several videos showing the rebels shooting down Syrian aircraft and helicopters have been proven to be fake. One was even a remote control airplane, if I remember correctly.

There are too many holes in the story around this incident. The biggest one is that there is absolutely no evidence at all that the crew ever got out of the aircraft. There was even an RC-135 in the area that should have detected the locator beacons in the seats of the F-4. Those beacons automatically activate when the seats leave the aircraft, but the RC-135 in the area never detected a single ping from them. It's even speculated that the Israeli Air Force had an intelligence gathering aircraft in the area, but they didn't pick anything up either.

The Turkish military was in the area shortly after the F-4 was downed, and found no evidence of parachutes, seats, radio signals, nothing. The Syrians would have had to almost be directly under the plane when the crew punched out to recover them so quickly.

The wreckage of the aircraft had both bodies, and ejection seats located very closely to it. That means that the Syrians would have had to know precisely where the wreckage ended up, and placed the crew, and their seats closely enough that it would appear that the crew went down with the aircraft. That would be impressive to do without anyone noticing anything, considering that to recover it, they had to bring in an American salvage ship, specializing in deep water recovery. Even then it took quite awhile to find the wreckage.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Looks like things are just getting hotter.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The people filming this thing and ambulance chasing for a scoop are no better than the assholes who fired the mortar imo. Human beings love gore and rubbernecking to see the gore

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
www.presstv.ir...

Looks like things are just getting hotter.

I would certainly agree with the Turkish strike in retaliation.

Let's hope it cools off.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Yeah, NATO has to attack on behalf of Turkey if they "prove" it was a Syrian act...which is what they are going to blame it on anyways so it's all easily predictable from here. I just hope Russia can help mediate things because everyone else is acting like rabid dogs.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Don't rule out PKK opportunists,remember this is there territory,Assad would never authorise an attack on a NATO member state..
edit on 3-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They don't HAVE to attack. If Turkey invokes Article 5, and NATO responds with assistance, that assistance can be anything. They can send C-130s to bring cargo in to support the Turkish military. They can send MPs to guard the Turkish bases, freeing up Turkish troops. They can send supplies, from weapons to food, or anything in between. There are a lot of things that NATO can do, without getting pulled into a fight, and still meet their treaty obligations.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
it wasn`t the syrian army thats for sure, they have their hands full dealing with the rebels.The syrian government isn`t foolish enough to start a war with one of their neighbors when they are busy trying to win a civil war within their own country.

Definitely the rebels or just as likely some spy agency was responsible for this.Israel for one would be very happy if NATO got involved and took out the current regime in syria.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Turkey fired a total of 35 155mm shells into Syria in response. They were fired in two groups, from two different artillery positions. An emergency NATO meeting has been called. The border region has come under fire several times in the last few weeks, from both sides. This is the first time that Turkish nationals have been killed. A Syrian national was killed in Turkey in a previous attack.

North Atlantic Council statement on developments on the Turkish-Syrian border

“As stated on 26 June 2012, the Alliance continues to closely follow the situation in Syria. In view of the Syrian regime’s recent aggressive acts at NATO’s southeastern border, which are a flagrant breach of international law and a clear and present danger to the security of one of its Allies, the North Atlantic Council met today, within the framework of Article 4 of the Washington Treaty, and discussed the continuous shelling of locations in Turkey adjacent to the Turkish-Syrian border by the Syrian regime forces.

The most recent shelling on 3 October 2012, which caused the death of five Turkish citizens and injured many, constitutes a cause of greatest concern for, and is strongly condemned by, all Allies.

In the spirit of indivisibility of security and solidarity deriving from the Washington Treaty, the Alliance continues to stand by Turkey and demands the immediate cessation of such aggressive acts against an Ally, and urges the Syrian regime to put an end to flagrant violations of international law.”

theaviationist.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Don't rule out PKK opportunists,remember this is there territory,Assad would never authorise an attack on a NATO member state..
edit on 3-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

This was my thought too. Who in their right mind would fire a mortar into Turkey for....well. now I still haven't even heard a good reason for firing it at all, has anyone else? I mean. I haven't heard there was a compelling target or some other good reason to fire.

I know there is a tendency to look down on other nation's militarys....but Syria does have a professional military by all I know, at least in terms of the regional norms. I.E..... Does anyone really think someone in the Syrian Army can just fire off into another country and get away with that from his own commanders? I understand the brutality reputation is pretty well earned there.

Actually thinking this was ordered is more absurd, eh? Why risk MASSIVE escalation with Turkey....for what? Blowing out the windows of a neighborhood and killing almost half a dozen civilians?

You know, it's also quite shocking...the sheer degree of reaction. The UN calling special meetings??? Where was the U.N. when Iraqi Kurds were staging cross border attacks into Turkey and Turkey repeatedly crossed into Iraqi territory (while the US "owned" all of it) to spank their fighters and send them home for awhile? Cross border crap isn't that rare...and the Syrian Rebel Army would LOVE Turkey to be drawn in. Like a Super-Sugar Daddy and the next best thing to Uncle Sam Personally.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's just another attempt at justifying further intervention,it's almost comical how obvious it is..
edit on 4-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We need not another false war. This won’t stop until all humans are dead. War is humanity. Greed drives everything and this is a hopeless war we are fighting aganist war itself. This stuff gets to your head and makes you sad

Is this another Cuba / 9/11/ Iraq thing? Because I am sick of those. Mostly because it is the SAME trick being used over and over again and people do not see it. I feel like I am trapped in time or something.

Well, let us hope Syria.finds peace among this war and Turkey finds forgiveness among this hate. I am getting really tired of the west, mainly Isreal and the US. If you want to ruin, ruin yourself. Like Iran. Do not share it with the world you sorry excuse of a country. Well, not country. More like government. I have tons of friends in the US. Cool guys but their government is not.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS!!!!
Turkish parliament authorizes government to declare war against Syria!!!! No link yet, but I'm sure its coming soon

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A single mortar shot into a civilian area?

This stinks of [s]USA[/s]FSA plotting to pin the blame on Assad. Syria is stocking some very serious air power in the form of Fighter Jets, Attack Helicopters and Scuds. If they wanted to hurt Turkey then they would have neutralized all the military targets in Turkey with overwhelming firepower.

A single mortar round into a civilian area is bound to play on the 'humanitarian' reason to invade Syria and remove Assad (which is what the US/France have been pushing for, same as in Libya).

It shall be interesting to watch nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Don't be naive and think that Turkish border is not used by US/Israel/NATO to supply
mercenaries and fighters into Syria.

I guess Syrian army commanders though to send a message to Turkey and her
handlers.

It backfired, and I don't think Syrian army would do it again. Assuming it was the
Syrian army who fired.

edit on 4-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
BREAKING NEWS!!!!
Turkish parliament authorizes government to declare war against Syria!!!! No link yet, but I'm sure its coming soon

Atalay said Parliament's authorization was not declaration of war on Syria but gives Turkey the right to respond to any future attacks from Syria. "The bill is not for war," Atalay said. "It has deterrent qualities."

Source

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

edit on 5-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join