It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three killed by Syrian mortar in Turkey's Akcakale border region

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Three killed by Syrian mortar in Turkey's Akcakale border region

ww w.dailystar.com.lb

Three people including a child were killed and at least nine others seriously wounded when a mortar bomb fired from syria hit Turkey's southeastern border region of Akcakale on Wednesday, the mayor told CNN Turk television.

A Reuters witness saw at least eight seriously wounded people being taken to hospital, three of them police officers. Television footage showed a cloud of smoke and dust rising up as residents ran to help the wounded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.france24.com
www.ynetnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Furious Turkey mobilizes tanks, troops to Syrian border

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We don't know who did this yet as it could be the FSA or Assad's forces. This reminds me of rockets being fired into Lebanon a few months back.

I do not see what Assad would have to gain by attacking Turkey, but the FSA would certainly gain international support if they were to attack Turkey and have Assad's regime take the blame. This was also my theory in the lebanon incident.

This will certainly rise tensions in an already tense situation.

ww w.dailystar.com.lb
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here is a link that discusses the previous incident in Lebanon that I mentioned:

Syria rocket fire kills 3 women in Lebanon

This has FSA/AL-CIADA written all over it but I could certainly be wrong. This is just a theory of mine based on who has what to gain from these incidents.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Its a dangerous situation with the unknown variable of "who fired the morter".

It could be a accident in most likelihood, however situations like this can have some serious consequences.

The match and the powderkeg metaphor comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Its a dangerous situation with the unknown variable of "who fired the morter".

It could be a accident in most likelihood, however situations like this can have some serious consequences.

The match and the powderkeg metaphor comes to mind.

It is dangerous that we do not know who did this, and this could be the match that lights the powder keg but I hope cooler heads will prevail.

To add to your accident theory...I was watching a segment on Al-Jazeera (total propaganda piece) and it was showing "since the international community is not helping us (the FSA) we meed to make our own weapons".

I found this to be BS because most people know that plenty of weapons have made their way to the FSA with the help of foreign entities, but the FSA claims that these home made weapons, including mortars, are not very accurate...so maybe this was an accident...maybe not though

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I would agree that this incident could be using the guise of an accident to cover up the bombing, but as your made mention to in the OP, what would be the point in randomly launching a rocket into Turkey.

Turkey being of sound military strength would be a unwise choice to drag into the conflict. Ofcourse if that is your goal, then repeated attempts like this where no conclusive answers can be derived, are exactly what is needed to drag further participants into the conflict.

I truely feel for the innocent people in this area of the world, who like many of us just want to go about their normal lives to provide for their families and live peacefully.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The fact that the two Turkish piots of the downed jet are alledged to have been brutally executed by Syrian gov Forces, (on Russias orders yet), apearing as well as the other incident, smacks of false flag type ops designed to raise the ire of the western nations and provide "incremental excuses" for intervention in Syria
Like you, i suspect that much of the Syrian revolution is a falsely reported illusion, designed to allow full military involvement in Syria soon.
Ever since the Oklahoma bombs destroyed the Alfred P Murragh building, and the BATF Waco texas massacre of multiple men women and children ,i have had the nasty feeling that these things are primarily "psywar theater".and that we are being influenced this way by those with something to gain from it. whoever they are....(presumably with the power to bring such things off....)
I am assuming that there are other causative factors as well, but the stage is set primarily by this typeof reality theater
perpetrated upon the public.Thus the course of history is influenced in the directions desired.
I realise this strays somewhat off topic in a way, but i have to say that much of the news we pass back and forth to each other....may be exactly what the PTB want done...???get me?
Its a slippery slope.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A few more mortars, some more damaged buildings, and dead Turks could very well lead to involvement by Turkey. Perhaps, this is just an accident as another poster pointed out? I am not going to point a finger at FSA or the Syrian Army right now, because nobody knows why those mortar rounds ended up within Turkish borders?

So I am gonna refrain from the typical false-flag explanation for everything related to the Middle East. That term has become so redundant lately. Still, the Syrians should really think long and hard about getting their act together. If this nonsense continues, they could be welcoming another belligerent to the party? Like an occupation of Northern Syria, by the Turkish Army.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Good points. The way that people on ATS bandy about the term 'false flag' demonstrates only a high lack of awareness - amounting to a total failure to 'deny ignorance' - regarding the potential for real conflicts to develop in the Middle East (and elsewhere for that matter). Yes, false flags exist, and this is proven - but not every act of terrorism or minor guerilla warfare/ mischief/ incitement activity is a false flag. The sooner people realise this the sooner we start getting a balanced picture of what might actually be going on.

It's a tangled web of deception, brutality, religious bigotry/ brainwashing and persecution, local/ regional/ national political chicanery, financially motivated international interference and old-fashioned generational vendettas.. The Western and Middle-Eastern security services have their work cut out, even discarding the fact that there's a (somewhere between minor and near-total) measure of corruption present within the ranks of military intelligence in practically every nation on Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Stop supplying weapons IRAN...

EVERYONE needs to keep their nose out of it
mind their own business and let these
people fight out their own civil war.

People will die and the victor
will be to the ones who fight the most..

Fair is fair let them fight their war
that THEY wanted

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

EVERYONE needs to keep their nose out of it
mind their own business and let these
people fight out their own civil war.

People will die and the victor
will be to the ones who fight the most..

Fair is fair let them fight their war
that THEY wanted

Stop supplying weapons US, Israel, Britain.

This is NOT a God damn civil war.
These are paid invaders from other Arab countries backed by western influence and western intel.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just saw on Sky News that Turkey Has retaliated by striking targets in Syria as well as strong words also coming from the US. Looks very dodgy hopefully that will be the end of it. news.sky.com...
edit on 3-10-2012 by Foo_Lovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I was watching a segment on Al-Jazeera (total propaganda piece) and it was showing "since the international community is not helping us (the FSA) we meed to make our own weapons".

I found this to be BS because most people know that plenty of weapons have made their way to the FSA with the help of foreign entities, but the FSA claims that these home made weapons, including mortars, are not very accurate...so maybe this was an accident...maybe not though

I've seen a dozen or so videos of opposition fighters using mixtures of crap homemade mortars and mortar rounds, other videos or images of fighters showing off homemade gear or videos showing how to make them. I've also seen attempts at rocket-assisted mortars reminiscent of the type used by Special Groups in Iraq.

It's a rather fanciful idea that any group anywhere in the country has access to pristine mortars and ammunition. Most of their heavier kit is stolen Syrian army equipment or cannibalised from equipment stolen from the Syrian army. I remember one video for example showing an exceptionally brave or stupid individual firing an improvised artillery round from a device fashioned out of the barrel of a BMP-1. The guy probably could have thrown the projectile further than it travelled from the launcher with greater accuracy and less risk to his person.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Sorry to burst your bubble but Iran has every right under international law to provide weaponry and support to Syria as they are members of a defense pact that has been in effect for a few years now.

afp.google.com...

Considering that they are regional allies while the US has absolutely no business whatsoever in that region, it is the US and their allies who are clearly in the wrong by funding and supporting these rebel terrorists. This is not a civil war, this is a foreign backed attempt to end the Assad regime.

Google PNAC and read all the documents, they have had this planned for well over a decade.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I think I recall seeing the same thing, or something similar as I'm sure there are various videos and pictures portraying this. And yes you are correct that a lot of the FSA equipment is stolen Syrian hardware.

It is a tangled web to say the least.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foo_Lovers
Just saw on Sky News that Turkey Has retaliated by striking targets in Syria as well as strong words also coming from the US. Looks very dodgy hopefully that will be the end of it. news.sky.com...
edit on 3-10-2012 by Foo_Lovers because: (no reason given)

Ya...the pukes on CNN are reporting it too.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

I think I recall seeing the same thing, or something similar as I'm sure there are various videos and pictures portraying this. And yes you are correct that a lot of the FSA equipment is stolen Syrian hardware.

It is a tangled web to say the least.

A tangled web yes but you can often make an educated guess at the origin of more notable equipment like battered old Russia anti-air or arty pieces or shiny Steyr assault rifles..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

We don't know who did this yet as it could be the FSA or Assad's forces. This reminds me of rockets being fired into Lebanon a few months back.

I do not see what Assad would have to gain by attacking Turkey, but the FSA would certainly gain international support if they were to attack Turkey and have Assad's regime take the blame. This was also my theory in the lebanon incident.

This will certainly rise tensions in an already tense situation.

It makes you think when you notice the timing in all this.

After the turkish jet being hit, and after the subject has cooled down, new rumors appear around their deaths, teasing a response from Turkey. It was even admitted that russians were involved in the decision.

With that pretext, if someone is trying to tease Turkey to blame Assad, throwing a rocket inside their territory seems to be asking for trouble, with a purpose.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Could it be the FSA? Or is it really Assad getting desperate? I honestly believe Assad is at fault.

If I'm right about it being Syrian forces, well.....they are treading a very very very fine line.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Just to post an update in this thread as well, Looks like Turkey has conducted a strike in Syria in retaliation.

Other break news thread has additional details

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join