It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who taunted Jesus.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

As a horror movie, meh, but it's okay. Like I said, Jurgen Prochnow is awesome in it.

I think that John would have to keep his head down -- a guy who is immortal would kind of throw a monkey wrench into the "blessed are those who do not see, but believe" bit. So, while I think he'd be raging a bit about the way that the church operates, I'm not sure that he'd be able to do a lot about it. Unless, perhaps, he's been some of the key figures guiding its path over the years... Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Wesley... I don't know, Jonathan Edwards? John Paul II? Billy Graham?

(Purely fictional speculation, probably need to put in a disclaimer like that
)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
A legend passed down the ages goes a man taunted Jesus on his way to crucifixion. Jesus replied wait for me until i get back. Jesus had cursed him to remain immortal and live until the second coming of Jesus. Some people think this person may of been St germaine. Anyone believe this story? If this guy is alive today where do you think he be living and working as?

John 21:20-25

And as for living and working? Isaiah 58.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

As a horror movie, meh, but it's okay. Like I said, Jurgen Prochnow is awesome in it.

I think that John would have to keep his head down -- a guy who is immortal would kind of throw a monkey wrench into the "blessed are those who do not see, but believe" bit. So, while I think he'd be raging a bit about the way that the church operates, I'm not sure that he'd be able to do a lot about it. Unless, perhaps, he's been some of the key figures guiding its path over the years... Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Wesley... I don't know, Jonathan Edwards? John Paul II? Billy Graham?

(Purely fictional speculation, probably need to put in a disclaimer like that
)

He'd have to fake his own death which is deception and is just another form of lying, i don't see John lying. If anything he'd have to sit in the shadows and play invisible referee. The "blessed are those who do not see, but believe" wouldn't be harmed by miracles, every now and then they do happen, and sometimes he gives revelations.

I dunno, but the entire point for the destruction of the Temple was to bring us to a walk by our faith in Christ alone without using any crutches to prop ourselves up on, which is why i believe stuff like the Shroud of Turin is fake, Jesus wouldn't have left anything behind that could possibly cause us to stumble and "play the harlot" with and John surviving would cause him to achieve a status in the church that could potentially rival Christ and that would cramp John's style in a major way.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I'm not sure that I would disagree with a word in that post, my friend. Nice summation.

Now go watch "The Seventh Sign" and appreciate Jorgen Prochnow's actiing ability, dang it!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
im not sure if the story is true, its most definietly a early urban legend. Even if this person was around who would believe it, no one. Because of that he wouldnt even bother trying to tell anyone. Mabey this is the real part of the curse locked in his own prison reality for possibly forever.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
im not sure if the story is true, its most definietly a early urban legend. Even if this person was around who would believe it, no one. Because of that he wouldnt even bother trying to tell anyone. Mabey this is the real part of the curse locked in his own prison reality for possibly forever.

We know this is just a myth and a blatant lie, scriptures tell us that after Abraham man was appointed to live an average 70 years, 80 if they were strong. Ofcourse technology and medicine helps people live just a tiny bit longer but without all that, which was invented in the early 20th century, we'd all be dead before we reached 70, especially since the only preservative we could use was usually salt and i shouldn't have to tell you where a high concentration of salt in your diet will lead you. By the 1800's we were graced by God to live to see the age between 50-60.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
If John were still around, what do you think he'd be doing? I'd either have long since gone nuts, or just be going around the Third World, helping people when I can.

I don't know myself, but there are many ways to pass the time in those 2,000 years or even more.

In all the things I'm trying to learn, mathematics being one of those! It will probably take many lifetimes!!

Seriously.. I am poor, and the pursuit of money, I have already abandoned. I only get basic jobs and content with that. But I will accept it as a gift if God let me live thousands of years.

If you have a passion for learning and seeking for things that are hidden, it will be the ultimate gift but ONLY IF God ordains you

top topics

<< 1   >>

join