The man who taunted Jesus.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
A legend passed down the ages goes a man taunted Jesus on his way to crucifixion. Jesus replied wait for me until i get back. Jesus had cursed him to remain immortal and live until the second coming of Jesus. Some people think this person may of been St germaine. Anyone believe this story? If this guy is alive today where do you think he be living and working as?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
have not heard of this before.
what the guy may be doing if he is still alive today?
hes probably rotting away in some govt. funded old age home where he is mis treated,hungry,and the staff stealing his stuff!!! AND,probably wallowing in the fact that he got scammed,because jesus isn't coming back!
he probably regrets staying alive all this time for nothing!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Absolutely not.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Where does this come from? Some guy at a bar or somewhere credible?

If it's true, odds are it's Benjamin Netanyahu.

Edit: Just looked into it. This is an actual legend.

The Wandering Jew is a figure from medieval Christian mythology (sometimes referred to as Christian folklore) whose legend began to spread in Europe in the 13th century. [1] The original legend concerns a Jew who taunted Jesus on the way to the Crucifixion and was then cursed to walk the earth until the Second Coming. The exact nature of the wanderer's indiscretion varies in different versions of the tale, as do aspects of his character; sometimes he is said to be a shoemaker or other tradesman, while sometimes he is the doorman at Pontius Pilate's estate.
Wandering Jew Wiki

Now that I've learned a bit about it. Yeah, Netanyahu for sure. He's gained the wisdom of hundreds of years experience. He used it to rise to power in Israel and is now trying to trigger the apocalypse so he can finally die.
edit on 10/3/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)
edit on 10/3/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
such a man by now would be completely disillusioned with the world

would probably withdraw and live alone in wilderness

slowly waiting for Jesus, planing to apologies and be allowed to die and release his spirit

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Where does this come from? Some guy at a bar or somewhere credible?

If it's true, odds are it's Benjamin Netanyahu.

LLLOOOOOLL love it, thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I am always curious about this discrepancies about Jesus. On one hand...he authored the "turn the other cheek", endless compassion and understanding....yet...he curses a man who was taunting him. Isn't that somewhat in opposition with his alleged teachings?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
[morewth are you talking about . Its not in the bible ive read and ive read a few versions. But if it was true he probably meant when he rises after the third day.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Interesting to note that even Krishna from hindu mythology cursed someone with immortality till the end of the age, when he would meet with Kalki, the final avatar of Vishnu.

Lord Krishna then placed a curse on Ashwatthama that "he will carry the burden of all people's sins on his shoulders and will roam alone like a ghost without getting any love and courtesy till the end of Kaliyuga; He will have neither any hospitality nor any accommodation; He will be in total isolation from mankind and society; His body will suffer from a host of incurable diseases forming sores and ulcers that would never heal".

...Thus, Ashwatthama will be in search of death every moment, and yet he will never die. At the end of Kali Yuga, Ashwatthama is to meet Sri Kalki, the tenth and final avatar of Lord Vishnu.

Just thought I'd share.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The true taunt here is that Jesus would curse one of us on the way to die for all of us.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hmm. Doesn't sound like the Jesus we know and love. I've also heard of a tradition, apparently from one or some of the Apocryphal books, that Jesus, as a child, struck another child dead for some idiotic reason.

It just seems too uncharacteristic to me....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
He's a Catholic priest, of course!

You guys need to know your cinema history better

Craptastic movie, but Jurgen Prochnow was brilliant! And there's a fair amount of lazy "end times" scholarship that you can pick up and apply to ATS posts, lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

IF he cursed someone saying "wait for me til i get back"... on the way to the crucifiction.... and he resurrected 3 days later... That myth makes no sense what so ever...

edit on 3-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Hmm. Doesn't sound like the Jesus we know and love. I've also heard of a tradition, apparently from one or some of the Apocryphal books, that Jesus, as a child, struck another child dead for some idiotic reason.

Probably from The Infancy Gospel of Thomas, a Second Century text recalling the pre-ministerial life of Jesus, though no one believes it to be an accurate accounting. There were a number of "Infancy Gospels", all drawn up long after the fact, and generally seen to be in response to the Christian community's interest in what Jesus was like as he was growing up (canonical Gospels being largely silent on the issue.)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I am always curious about this discrepancies about Jesus. On one hand...he authored the "turn the other cheek", endless compassion and understanding....yet...he curses a man who was taunting him. Isn't that somewhat in opposition with his alleged teachings?

You make a great point, which is why i think this story is untrue.

There were many who taunted and cursed him on his way to the cross..

His words when he was dying were.."father forgive them..for they know not what they do"

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I think this story stinks of Hollywood. In the movie "the seventh sign" the man cursed with immortality was the roman legionaire who stabbed Jesus with the spear, a fellow named Longinus.

This isn't even remotely biblical, it's just hogwash from Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
This isn't even remotely biblical, it's just hogwash from Hollywood.

Well, it's definitely not in the Bible, but it dates to the Middle Ages.

The Wandering Jew

The first literary record of such a doomed wanderer is found in the "Flores Historiarum", a chronicle of Roger of Wendover, a monk of St. Albans (d. 1237). The account there given was incorporated with some slight amplifications into the "Historia Major" of Matthew Paris (d. 1259). The story is told on the authority of an Armenian bishop who visited England in 1228 and had personally known the doomed man. According to this version, Cartaphilus, a doorkeeper at Pilate's mansion, saw Jesus as he was led forth to be crucified and struck him contemptuously, crying at the same time: "Go Jesus, go faster, why dost thou linger?" Whereupon Jesus replied: "I go, but thou shalt wait till I come." And so the offender has not been able to die, but still waits for the coming of Christ. He is leading a quiet, saintly life. Whenever he reaches the age of a hundred years he is miraculously restored to the age of thirty.
edit on 3-10-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I'd believe apostle John is still alive before i'd believe a roman legionaire mocking Christ would be. John was the beloved apostle and the only one to escape a brutal death.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeah, I'm not sure that there's any real good reason for the myth, apart from the "eternal justice" sort of thing. It played well in the movie, though -- did you ever see it?

If John were still around, what do you think he'd be doing? I'd either have long since gone nuts, or just be going around the Third World, helping people when I can.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeah, I'm not sure that there's any real good reason for the myth, apart from the "eternal justice" sort of thing. It played well in the movie, though -- did you ever see it?

If John were still around, what do you think he'd be doing? I'd either have long since gone nuts, or just be going around the Third World, helping people when I can.

I did see the movie when i was a kid, didn't understand it much i wasn't a christian back then.

If John was still alive, the inmates never would have gotten ahold of running the asylum (R.C.C) and christianity never would have ended up in the dark ages. I think the only thing that pulled christianity out of the nose dive it was in was the small monastery monks. Rome was too busy fornicating with civil powers and gaining worldly power and wealth to bother with feeding the sheep. If John was still alive i believe he would have ripped Rome a new one and probably John Calvin ontop of Rome. I don't think we'd be sitting in the state of Laodicea if he was alive. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be rebuked by an apostle but i doubt it would have been very pleasant. I think he'd still be throwing those miracles out there burning that torch as bright as it could go to keep darkness at bay.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join