It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (Part 5)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Pretty sure that hammer, which was used by a prominent creationist as "evidence" of God, has been debunked a few times...

The owner wouldn't allow it to be analysed for ages and when it finally did happen is was determined to be less than 700 years old.

paleo.cc...

So, pretty sure that's just another hoax.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

LOL - that is actually the same link I provided in the post.

The comments made therein certainly could be construed as debunking, hence the reason I try to put both side of the argument in where-ever possible.

For me, subjects like this are for the individual to make up his/her own mind as to the reality of same.

I appreciate your comments nonetheless

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Sorry, I somehow missed that link

I think in the case of the hammer, the only actual evidence provided was someone telling a fanciful story, who refused to let the hammer be tested, and who's supporters changed the story when it suited them. In addition, they used the hammer as part of a larger idealogical gambit - proving the existence of the biblical god.

To me, this isn't even a "it could be true" situation; I think that there's no evidence at all, except for a proven liar, with and agenda's "word" - so - you know, I would say with 100% certainty, to my mind this has been proven a complete hoax.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
In a few weeks we could only hope that there will be a part 6
This is some interesting stuff!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
S&F
and thanks.

I had always taken an abnormal/creepy murder approach to the lead mask case when I thought about it. I thought they must have been tricked and thought what they were taken was something else when in reality it was poison. I thought maybe so someone had tricked them into purchasing some "magic beans" that would enlighten them and then the capsules were poison so the killer got away. Definitely something weird, I had never read about the duo being UFO fanatics which I don't know how I missed. Some of the sources in this thread will let me scope that bit out a little further. Always love reading more on this case.

As for the hammer, like someone else suggested, couldn't it have been laying in a hollow and then dripped on forming a rock casing (as stalags are formed) and then when the upper soil was stripped away it was revealed again from the top? I don't know enough about what kinds of rocks are formed from dripping in caves, I assume lots of minerals.

Finally, the Naga Fireballs sound awesome. I had a long time internet friend in Thailand (Bangkok) who once offered to put me up if I wanted to visit. I would like to, but I am still doing the college thing and we kind lost touched, BUT if we talk again I will have to ask her about it and may take her up on her offer.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
OH Also, I had thought I had heard of the dancing plague, but I had instead read about the "laughing epidemic" which is a lot more recent. The dancing one is far more interesting and inexplicable. I am surprised no one was accused of making them dance and killed as a witch (maybe someone was?).

Laughing epidemic
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sublimecraft, thanks for another awesome post, you keep on delivering the goods. star for you >

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The hammer allegory potentially could steer you towards the story of Excaliber.
What do you get if you successfully remove the hammer from the stone?
A date with the Mona Lisa?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Originally posted by Cauliflower
The hammer allegory potentially could steer you towards the story of Excaliber.
What do you get if you successfully remove the hammer from the stone?
A date with the Mona Lisa?

"Whosoever holds this hammer...if he be worthy...shall possess the power of Thor."

Does that answer your question?

edit on 4-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I'm curious how the wood would not show heat damage if it had been placed into molten rock. Should be pretty easy to debunk if that were so.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
The lead mask case was really odd.

For the Dancing Plague I think I know what happened. (Hmm, just as I'm writing this there's a show on television where one of the characters is explaining a gift she gave to another: "It's a magic flute, when you hear it you can't stop dancing". Weird coincidence)

Tarantallegra (TAIR-an-tuh-LEG-ruh) "tarantella" It. dance associated with the tarantula, from Taranto, a city in Italy + "allegro" It. fast

Forces the victim's legs to do a crazy dance.

HP lexicon, spells from Harry Potter.

This is another great part in the series, it's a wonderful contribution to ATS. Thank you.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

I bet it might have been the eating of contaminated bread. They were all poor, starving and going through famine, which lends to the probability of eating bread even though it was moldy. Moldy rye is what you can make '___' out of....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
S&f my friend. Imagine my sheer joy at seeing this in the new topics section. As usual, a superb job. Keep them coming.

Cheers.

You guys understand that starring and flagging is applause, right? Just one vapid post after another saying the same thing. "Great post" or "S&F" or my fav, "Looks good, can't wait to read this later over a beer" Not just you. The post before yours and SEVERAL after yours are noise.

The funny thing is - all of you understand your post has to be two sentences or it will be removed. Knowing that, you still post nothing adding to the topic. I'd label each of those off-topic, because there is nothing more frustrating than having to get to page 3 before someone actually has something intelligent to say. Seriously- this is a plague on this site.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by Casandra
The lead mask case was really odd.

For the Dancing Plague I think I know what happened. (Hmm, just as I'm writing this there's a show on television where one of the characters is explaining a gift she gave to another: "It's a magic flute, when you hear it you can't stop dancing". Weird coincidence)

Tarantallegra (TAIR-an-tuh-LEG-ruh) "tarantella" It. dance associated with the tarantula, from Taranto, a city in Italy + "allegro" It. fast

Forces the victim's legs to do a crazy dance.

HP lexicon, spells from Harry Potter.

This is another great part in the series, it's a wonderful contribution to ATS. Thank you.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

I bet it might have been the eating of contaminated bread. They were all poor, starving and going through famine, which lends to the probability of eating bread even though it was moldy. Moldy rye is what you can make '___' out of....

Do we know for sure if these people had any meat in their diet? This definitely sound like a nervous system issue that probably also impacts/impacted the brain. Sounds almost like a "mad cow" type of disease. Strange, though - that it simply disappeared.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Great posts once again. The mystery of the men with lead masks really fascinates me. I can't imagine what they were doing but I have a feeling if the mystery was solved the answer would put them in the running for the Darwin awards.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

Oh you are so right. You're post whining about how people show gratitude for something that entertains them was certainly worth posting and isn't equally pointless. The thing is the other people are posting to show thanks and serves a purpose, yours just sours the thread. Don't troll, I am sure you don't even stop to read those posts when you scan the thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Keep up the good work SC. Love your threads.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

There is just no end!! And yet we ask for more!
Keep them coming, Sublimecraft

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

G'day OP

I remember reading about this years ago and it stuck in my mind until i formed an opinion that i know you wont have read about

The masks protected them from psy manipulation by bad star men, the bad star men killed them as they where knowledgeable in certain electronics (communications) and could defend themselves from psy control, they could listen to the bad dudes communications and might have known to use sound to unmask demons, they would have shown others, the bad dudes ended up attacking the Plejaren and where captured and put on a deserted prison planet

psy is everything in offense/defense

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Lol in one of my obes a couple of days ago, I was
at the dancing plague site with a grey haired female
but the people and I spoke german.
After that, I also happened to be in a big hangar at probably area 51
and even touched the large ufos belly, It was smooth.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
In a few weeks we could only hope that there will be a part 6
This is some interesting stuff!

hopefully so!

i saw the thread title out of the corner of my eye and thought it said 6, i got all excited for a minute lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join