It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (Part 5)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
As for the Texas Hammer (and other artifacts found in rock that don't belong either due to time and/or place), when rock is molten, does that effect dating of that rock? I don't know and I ask because if the rock's age (as far as dating methods are concerned) stays the same, couldn't new items be placed in old molten rock, left to cool and found later? Could this (whether innocent coincidence/mistake or deliberate hoax) explain this type of artifact?

Also, this hammer had a wooden handle. Couldn't the handle itself be dated since the wood was formerly alive? And even if it is 140 million years old, no guarantee it was used by humans. Maybe something else entirely.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Part 5! Yes!

I love this series.... keep it rolling!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The Naga Fireballs are the only real mystery to me. I'll investigate that one further and maybe plan a trip out there if I can't come to a conclusion.

#21 - Lead Masks.
A mask with no eye holes and that doesn't cover the whole body isn't sensible if you thought you were going to experience radioactivity. A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy taking a towel idea off them ex post facto is irrelevant. Even the police said they were afraid to go collect the corpses at night because of drug cartels in the area. What seems most likely is they were murdered and it was covered up, especially with the unexplained incompetence in their failure of "preserving the organs."

#22 - Nomoli Skystones.
Can't find any scholarly articles or even a Wiki page for this. They look like reptilian creatures, so I'm sure it's an invention of, or something heavily promoted by, David Icke and I do see he talks about it on his site.

#24 - Dancing Mania.
There's many more cases than just France and Madagascar. There were cases all over Europe for a span of 1,000 years (iirc 600 AD -1600 AD). The cases that weren't simply people dancing for enjoyment were diagnosed as early as the 1600s as Sydenham's chorea.

#25 - The "Texas Hammer" (the actual name is the "London Hammer")
1) There's no evidence that the nodule was ever part of the Red Creek's geology or found at the strata level that's claimed. 2) Limestone particles mixed with water can create this solidification effect around the hammer relatively quickly. 3) Offers to carbon date the shaft are refused and the only documented case of it supposedly being dated, as reported by David Lines (who was even a supporter of it being an out-of place artifact), showed a date range of "present to 700 years". 4) Chemists and geologists have already dismissed this to death. 5) The man who initially proposed that the London Hammer as an out-of place artifact is the same man (Carl Baugh) that found those supposed prehistoric human footprints beside dinosaur tracks that you mentioned (and also in Texas).
edit on 3-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Saw some o these legends. But i really didn't knew about the hammer and the statues. What? A 140 milion years old hammer? Well, we should start getting out nukes ready Sam, there's some Evil aliens out there

Btw, amazing thread. Thank you for sharing the information.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
These are some of my favorite threads on ATS; nearly every x-file is one I'm unaware of. I'll be bookmarking and saving the URLs. Continue this series for as long as possible, please. =]

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
These threads remind me of how dangerously naive and uninformed people on ATS can be.
Either the tinfoil-hat-wearing schizophrenic stereotype of conspiracy theorists is applicable here or this thread is filled with overanxious members who watched too much Scooby-Doo as a kid and want to join the Mystery Gang.

3-4 of these "mysteries" are not mysteries (maybe they are to someone with a self-fulfilling prophecy and who doesn't thoroughly investigate). I say "3-4" because I'm confused about the lead mask story, but don't think it was paranormal.

PS as a preemptive response, since I never reply to anyone, I shall say: Thankfully, I use this site only as comical relief. Your words mean nothing to me, I am a God.
edit on 3-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Pretty interesting read. I'm pretty skeptical of these things myself. I've never experienced anything "paranormal" or "Unexplained"...well not anything major...I once saw a giant shadow move across a field under a high noon sky and there was absolutely nothing in a clear blue sky above that my naked eye could see or my ears hear...never figured that one out.

As far as the Hammer...For any one curious, the "out of place (and time) artifacts" are often called "OOParts" and you can do a google search for piles more of them. Most have been debunked but some will make you say "hmmm". I get a kick out of some of them.

I pretty much follow the logic that in most circumstances, the most simple and logical explanation is probably the correct one.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I had the same thought on that. But you would figure that if the rock became molten then it should of destroyed the wooden handle. That wood looks in prity good shape for being anything over 100 years...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSource
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I had the same thought on that. But you would figure that if the rock became molten then it should of destroyed the wooden handle. That wood looks in prity good shape for being anything over 100 years...

Yeah. I didn't look closely enough at the photo to notice the handle. I guess just the head could have been encased (as seems to be the case). But, a better explanation (posted above) would be the stalagtite/stalagmite scenario. Since we have a wooden handle, however, we should be able to get to the truth if they'd let it be dated. That'd be too easy, it seems.

Anyway, welcome.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I really enjoy reading your posts, even if some of the events are a bit "iffy". But quoting the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? That's a satirical comedy...ruined any credibility I was about to give to the Lead Mask case.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

PS as a preemptive response, since I never reply to anyone, I shall say: Thankfully, I use this site only as comical relief. Your words mean nothing to me, I am a God.

So why bother hitting the "Post a Reply" button? Gods don't do anything to "feel superior" by the way. The ones that do that are devils.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow, so many things I have not come across before. Totally loving it, thank you. I now need to track down more of Klaus Dona, fascinating!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
I really enjoy reading your posts, even if some of the events are a bit "iffy". But quoting the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? That's a satirical comedy...ruined any credibility I was about to give to the Lead Mask case.

I am pretty sure that remark about the towels was tongue in cheek. I am absolutely positive the OP didn't really expect us to accept HHGTTG as a true reference.

OP. These are awesome and fun for debate, I love reading them and trying to figure it all out. Please keep bringing them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Cool thread, what is this part 5? Guess I must of missed part 1 through 4.

The two men in lead masks is just weird especially since they were all geared up for something before there deaths, what that something was, who knows. That Texas hammer, is bizarre also and if it was encased in sediment rock so quickly I suppose it can happen, but again who really knows. All the others are all interesting also.

The only one that really reminded me of anything was that dancing plague one, it reminded me of a video I seen at random yesterday of a soccer player who got kicked in the neck and hit some sort of nerve because he started convulsing in a really strange way, and really it did look a bit like he was dancing before he passed out. It could be that whatever hit the people of that village in France in 1518 could of just been some sort of neurological disease or anything that effected there nervous system which made them convulse in similar strange ways, but again who really knows seeing as we were not there we can but speculate, assume or deduce.

Here is that random vid I seen yesterday, were the soccer player died, or supposedly died. It turns out he is still alive at least according to this guy in the vid who looked a little into it. The vid of the soccer guy going all bizarre starts in at 23 seconds in.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The rock around the the hammer is sedimentary, i.e: the rock material pre-dates the time it was re-formed (by concretion) around the hammer.

There is no way that the wood of the handle would survive 140 million years.

As wood is of a biological origin, it can be carbon dated.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Great post OP, i have read all your unsolved x-files and they never fail to surprise me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
These threads remind me of how dangerously naive and uninformed people on ATS can be.
Either the tinfoil-hat-wearing schizophrenic stereotype of conspiracy theorists is applicable here or this thread is filled with overanxious members who watched too much Scooby-Doo as a kid and want to join the Mystery Gang.

3-4 of these "mysteries" are not mysteries (maybe they are to someone with a self-fulfilling prophecy and who doesn't thoroughly investigate). I say "3-4" because I'm confused about the lead mask story, but don't think it was paranormal.

edit on 3-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

You are a God in your own mind. A delusional egomaniac who contributed zero to the thread other than adding a negative vibe. You didn't even try to disprove any of the X-files. Go crawl back under that rock you've been hiding under.

To the OP, another fantastic read. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Another poster mentioned that the guy who found the hammer is also the same guy who found the dinosaur tracks beside humanoid tracks. I remember seeing a show that had to do with the dinosaur tracks beside the humanoid tracks in the fossilized riverbed. For years it was simply dismissed as an elaborate hoax. Both sets of tracks led right up to a layered cliff. They excavated the cliff on camera and geuss what? Both sets of tracks continued on. So it is impossible for it to be a hoax.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

3 out of the 4 aren't mysteries? Would you care to give an explaination of the Naga fireballs? My guess is you can't and won't.

Moving on. Thank you Sublimecraft for these threads, very interesting, I have enjoyed every one of them. I have pm'd you with a few ideas for the next installment which I'm certain is on it's way

I can't believe I have never come across the Naga fireballs before, truely bizzare stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to put this together Sublime. Always an interesting read

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join