Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 7
17
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by borntowatch
 





And God has not given Christians permission to kill anyone


Which god? The God of the Old Testament, the "Father God" that Jesus referred to or Jesus Christ?


Well I guess being Christian, not Jewish.

You do know they are different faiths??? I hope.


Are they different gods though? Because the God of the Old Testament does give orders to kill, murder and all sort of other very bad things. So is that your God?




posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just to add my worthless widow's mite into the pot, so to say...
I'm an EX christian. Indoctrinated into the system at the tender age of 5 by a mom who was at the time pretty much addicted to church. With god as her answer for everything, she didn't have to think for herself. Trouble at home? Read the book. Trouble with the kid? Read the book. Make the kid read the book. Questions? Read the book again. Until you forget what the question was in the first place. Memorize all the names of all the books in the new and old testements. Impress the others in the congregation. Another high attained. Then the kid begins to find that there's a world outside the book. There's science, math, literature, history, arts, botany, string theory, particle accelerators and atomic fission. Most of all, there are the bones of all the gods who came before, and the people who were good people, dutiful, worshipful, honest and hard working who were slain because they would not or could not accept the newest thing.... a single power mad entity who would brook no questions from its creations. No misbehaving. And absolutely no other gods, because it is a 'jealous god'. I will not kneel to a god who has human frailties. I will not bow to falsehood. I'm not Atheist, but I admire them.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch
 


Atheism is not a beleive it's a dis-beleif. To say it's like religion is ludacris. We don't go door to door trying to save or convince you the error of your ways.Nor do we show up on your TV screen smileing and asking for money. You don't see to many atheist churches do you? Maybe an organization or two, but churhes, no.

I can see it now," The Atheist Church of Mother Goose and her brood" Religion is illogical, as is beleiving in fairey tales. And for the record, i am an atheist . I do not beleive in any of it. Nothing, nathan, nada.
edit on 3-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by borntowatch
 





And God has not given Christians permission to kill anyone


Which god? The God of the Old Testament, the "Father God" that Jesus referred to or Jesus Christ?


Well I guess being Christian, not Jewish.

You do know they are different faiths??? I hope.


Are they different gods though? Because the God of the Old Testament does give orders to kill, murder and all sort of other very bad things. So is that your God?



God in the OT does give orders to the Jews as well as others to kill. That is not to be confused with what happens in the new covenant through Jesus.
Irrespective of what happened under the OT, Christians have no justification for killing anyone, to suggest they do is stupid, blatantly stupid.

The Christian God is described by Nehemiah 9:32
Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the terrible God, who keepest covenant and lovingkindness, let not all the travail seem little before thee, that hath come upon us, on our kings, on our princes, and on our priests, and on our prophets, and on our fathers, and on all thy people, since the time of the kings of Assyria unto this day.

What right have you to say they are bad, what do you base your judgement of God on?

Come judgement day God will bring about His righteous justice and that will be terrifying.
Dont confuse Judaism with Christianity like so many dumb people hereabouts
edit on 3-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by borntowatch
 


Atheism is not a beleive it's a dis-beleif. To say it's like religion is ludacris. We don't go door to door trying to save or convince you the error of your ways.Nor do we show up on your TV screen smileing and asking for money. You don't see to many atheist churches do you? Maybe an organization or two, but churhes, no.

I can see it now," The Atheist Church of Mother Goose and her brood" Religion is illogical, as is beleiving in fairey tales. And for the record, i am an atheist . I do not beleive in any of it. Nothing, nathan, nada.
edit on 3-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)


Explain Dawkins preaching then
You are so blind it is worse than religious indoctrination. You dont even see or know it.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
Just to add my worthless widow's mite into the pot, so to say...
I'm an EX christian. Indoctrinated into the system at the tender age of 5 by a mom who was at the time pretty much addicted to church. With god as her answer for everything, she didn't have to think for herself. Trouble at home? Read the book. Trouble with the kid? Read the book. Make the kid read the book. Questions? Read the book again. Until you forget what the question was in the first place. Memorize all the names of all the books in the new and old testements. Impress the others in the congregation. Another high attained. Then the kid begins to find that there's a world outside the book. There's science, math, literature, history, arts, botany, string theory, particle accelerators and atomic fission. Most of all, there are the bones of all the gods who came before, and the people who were good people, dutiful, worshipful, honest and hard working who were slain because they would not or could not accept the newest thing.... a single power mad entity who would brook no questions from its creations. No misbehaving. And absolutely no other gods, because it is a 'jealous god'. I will not kneel to a god who has human frailties. I will not bow to falsehood. I'm not Atheist, but I admire them.


Thats not Christianity, thats a dictating mother. Sounds like you think she is the one true God.
Sadly thats probably just bad parenting, sorry.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch
 






God in the OT does give orders to the Jews as well as others to kill. That is not to be confused with what happens in the new covenant through Jesus.


I am aware of the covenant that was made with Noah, the rainbow and the promise never to kill humanity by flooding again. I am aware of the covenant that God made with Abraham to multiply his seed to a great nation. I am aware of the covenant that God made with Moses regarding the promise land. But, I am unaware of the "new covenant" that you refer to. Could you please show us scripture where God makes a covenant and promise regarding Jesus?



Irrespective of what happened under the OT, Christians have no justification for killing anyone, to suggest they do is stupid, blatantly stupid.


You may be correct in saying that Christians have no authority to kill from God, but history shows that many Christians in high places did think they did. The crusades, the inquisitions, and the slaughter of native people all over the world testify to such "dumb stupidity."



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch
 


Who the freak is Dawkins? I don't need a book. a person a church. a bible, a teacher, or anything else to help me come to the understanding that God is Imaginary. As is Santa, and the other horde of fairey tales we have. My mind made up it's on mind. It seems as it can't take illogical BS.
edit on 3-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
'Than', you need 'than', not 'then'. 'Then' is a time frame, 'than' is a comparison. Are you really qualified to be making this argument?

Your OP is totally hypocritical to begin with, "Judge not", "Turn the other cheek" and all that? Hypocrite. You know right from wrong, if the bible has to tell you that robbing and killing is wrong, you have a real problem that the book cant help you with.



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Atheist like to pretend it is impossible to say they cannot possibly have anything to do with a belief.Atheist by definition anyways is the doctrine or belief there is no God or a disbelief in supreme being or a creator or God.



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Atheist like to pretend it is impossible to say they cannot possibly have anything to do with a belief.Atheist by definition anyways is the doctrine or belief there is no God or a disbelief in supreme being or a creator or God.


It's really not that complicated. When you present an idea of God, say the Biblical God. An atheist simply says, "I don't believe that." If you quote Genesis and say that God created the heavens and earth this way, an atheist says, "I don't believe that."

See how simple?



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch
 


What an incoherent, illogical and poorly written rant, OP.

You claim atheists have nothing, but criticize X-stians, and that's cowardly in your opinion.

What do you mean atheists have nothing? They have their beliefs and morals, just as X-stians have theirs. Yes, there's a difference between X-stians and other organized religionists in comparison to atheists. These organized religions have specific rules, tenets and morals, whereas atheists can pick and choose what they want -- not that religionists don't also do the same thing. That's not the atheists' fault. If someone in a religion can't abide by all that religion's rules, then he or she should leave it. But religionists don't, and that's their own hypocrisy. There's the Commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill", yet X-stians and Jews kill all the time. The leaders of their nations, who claim to be good X-stians or Jews, wage war and order their minions to kill. This is high hypocrisy.

So atheists have it easier because they are bound by no official rules or morals other than those set by secular society. So what? Why should atheists have to apologize about this? It is religionists' fault that they wish to affiliate with such organized religion with ridiculous or hard to follow rules.

Don't get your last sentence AT ALL. A christian who doesn't support homosexuality is considered bad, but an atheist who feels the same way isn't? Who ever said that. In the US and many other more enlightened countries homosexuality is accepted by mainstream society and anyone who practices or espouses homophobia is generally criticized irrespective of his/her own religious affiliation. The thing with X-stianity is that X-stians' personal savior, Jesus, supposedly preached "love they neighbor", the Golden Rule and such, so X-stians espousing hate or inequality to gays are clearly not following the tenets of their religion's founder, and thus are being hypocrites. An atheist or agnostic that is homophobic is just labeled a narrow-minded homophobe, which X-stians having the same beliefs are also considered; it's just that X-stians of this ilk are hypocrites as well.

If you don't like the fact that you and X-stians in general are more susceptible to the criticism of hypocrisy than are atheists, too bad. If you don't like it, quit you're religion and take up the beliefs you want, so you can't be called a hypocrite. That's not atheists' problem, but YOURS.

As for atheists believing whatever they want, you acknowledge that they are generally constrained in their actions by secular society -- just like everybody else is. Consequently if they take stands or actions contrary to the popular view, they -- like anybody else -- will be sanctioned or criticized or whatever. You seem to think it's wrong for people to think what they want; you're apparently for mind/thought control. Very arrogant and sick on your part. People should be free to believe what they want, but if they want to claim to belong to some religion, then they need to abide by the tenets of the religion or risk being accused of hypocrisy.



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Why do people give a crap what others believe in?

Why do you have to get so butthurt over someone else's belief system?



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My comment is to the person who posted this thread and only. Not to anyone else's idea because of their belief or that i simply just do not care (" i do believe we should look at EVERYONES VIEW, i just dont have the time to know ( 130 personal opinions for this tread... i got the point ) withch btw I DO respect everyones opinion, just simply their so to much other things ( topics) to look that, that is going on in this world to discuss, so this is just my opinion to the person who started the tread.

I understand were your coming from and i agree with what your trying to say or come across, BUT what id like to point out witch i could be wrong and ill admit to it to anyone if they can point out the proof by showing me the proof another than just their words of their own beliefs.

So this is my problem, these athesist you speak of in my opinion are not true atheist. They created their own beliefs whitch in a sense all all human beings should know thy self and not go along with others, BUT a true atheist (in MY opion which i think of my self as non-denomentional which may be not the same thing as atheist?). Yes you can have morals which your saying you christians have that athesit dont. But what i point out that your focusing on people who are still half awake who say their they are atheist who have morals who think they know what your talking about which are not true atheist?.The bible is their for our OUR OWN interupretaions. DONT seperate it by religion. ALL religions have their little tweaks for their own belief to make it their own way th favor them and to mislead others in certain areas for their own benifit,which non of the are completley accurate? Not all are of them are right. Dont go and only listen to what others ( one or two people) have told/taught us ( meaning pastors or ect...) but to decide on your own and with looking at ALL point of views and information then to make an accurate decsion for what you belive

A true so called atheist WOULD NOT JUDGE! THATS GODS PLACE its not humans to judge so these atheist you speak of are inaccurate in the atheist definition, so if their beliefs are not completely accurate(?) we realize the truth by being able to look at all possiblitys as true atheist (nondenimentioanl) and then make their/our decision on something by looking at everything first, which is if thats not how the mojority of these atheist you speak of sound then well.. idk what else to say, other than who your talking about are not true followers of GOD.



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
btw sorry to all if my words are mixed up and not clear as to what im getting at, alot on the mind



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by borntowatch
 






God in the OT does give orders to the Jews as well as others to kill. That is not to be confused with what happens in the new covenant through Jesus.


I am aware of the covenant that was made with Noah, the rainbow and the promise never to kill humanity by flooding again. I am aware of the covenant that God made with Abraham to multiply his seed to a great nation. I am aware of the covenant that God made with Moses regarding the promise land. But, I am unaware of the "new covenant" that you refer to. Could you please show us scripture where God makes a covenant and promise regarding Jesus?



Irrespective of what happened under the OT, Christians have no justification for killing anyone, to suggest they do is stupid, blatantly stupid.


You may be correct in saying that Christians have no authority to kill from God, but history shows that many Christians in high places did think they did. The crusades, the inquisitions, and the slaughter of native people all over the world testify to such "dumb stupidity."


I am not endorsing the site or recommending it, though its new covenant teaching seems thorough
www.gci.org...

Irrespective what sinful selfish and greedy people do, even those who are Christians. Christianity does not endorse murder or war, it doesnt even endorse anger. Go read the sermon on the mount.

Yes there are dumb stupid Christians around, the New Testament does not teach murder. It is both dumb and stupid to suggest it does.



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tylerhowzeright2012
My comment is to the person who posted this thread and only. Not to anyone else's idea because of their belief or that i simply just do not care (" i do believe we should look at EVERYONES VIEW, i just dont have the time to know ( 130 personal opinions for this tread... i got the point ) withch btw I DO respect everyones opinion, just simply their so to much other things ( topics) to look that, that is going on in this world to discuss, so this is just my opinion to the person who started the tread.

I understand were your coming from and i agree with what your trying to say or come across, BUT what id like to point out witch i could be wrong and ill admit to it to anyone if they can point out the proof by showing me the proof another than just their words of their own beliefs.

So this is my problem, these athesist you speak of in my opinion are not true atheist. They created their own beliefs whitch in a sense all all human beings should know thy self and not go along with others, BUT a true atheist (in MY opion which i think of my self as non-denomentional which may be not the same thing as atheist?). Yes you can have morals which your saying you christians have that athesit dont. But what i point out that your focusing on people who are still half awake who say their they are atheist who have morals who think they know what your talking about which are not true atheist?.The bible is their for our OUR OWN interupretaions. DONT seperate it by religion. ALL religions have their little tweaks for their own belief to make it their own way th favor them and to mislead others in certain areas for their own benifit,which non of the are completley accurate? Not all are of them are right. Dont go and only listen to what others ( one or two people) have told/taught us ( meaning pastors or ect...) but to decide on your own and with looking at ALL point of views and information then to make an accurate decsion for what you belive

A true so called atheist WOULD NOT JUDGE! THATS GODS PLACE its not humans to judge so these atheist you speak of are inaccurate in the atheist definition, so if their beliefs are not completely accurate(?) we realize the truth by being able to look at all possiblitys as true atheist (nondenimentioanl) and then make their/our decision on something by looking at everything first, which is if thats not how the mojority of these atheist you speak of sound then well.. idk what else to say, other than who your talking about are not true followers of GOD.


Maybe, sorta
All I am saying is that atheists by definition can have no moral framework, so have no right to say somebody else is wrong.
Bitching and moaning at Christians because they do is hypocrisy.
If I as a Christian hate homosexuals then I am wrong as a Christian
If I as an atheist hate homosexuals then I am right as an atheist, because I am not subject to any law or command
Do as I think is best to I decide another way suits me better, or not.



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by borntowatch
 


Who the freak is Dawkins? I don't need a book. a person a church. a bible, a teacher, or anything else to help me come to the understanding that God is Imaginary. As is Santa, and the other horde of fairey tales we have. My mind made up it's on mind. It seems as it can't take illogical BS.
edit on 3-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)



Who is Dawkins, he writes these things called books. You probably wont understand so it doesnt matter.

Atheism the new intellectual faith....not



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by borntowatch
 


What an incoherent, illogical and poorly written rant, OP.

You claim atheists have nothing, but criticize X-stians, and that's cowardly in your opinion.

What do you mean atheists have nothing? They have their beliefs and morals, just as X-stians have theirs. Yes, there's a difference between X-stians and other organized religionists in comparison to atheists. These organized religions have specific rules, tenets and morals, whereas atheists can pick and choose what they want -- not that religionists don't also do the same thing. That's not the atheists' fault. If someone in a religion can't abide by all that religion's rules, then he or she should leave it. But religionists don't, and that's their own hypocrisy. There's the Commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill", yet X-stians and Jews kill all the time. The leaders of their nations, who claim to be good X-stians or Jews, wage war and order their minions to kill. This is high hypocrisy.

So atheists have it easier because they are bound by no official rules or morals other than those set by secular society. So what? Why should atheists have to apologize about this? It is religionists' fault that they wish to affiliate with such organized religion with ridiculous or hard to follow rules.

Don't get your last sentence AT ALL. A christian who doesn't support homosexuality is considered bad, but an atheist who feels the same way isn't? Who ever said that. In the US and many other more enlightened countries homosexuality is accepted by mainstream society and anyone who practices or espouses homophobia is generally criticized irrespective of his/her own religious affiliation. The thing with X-stianity is that X-stians' personal savior, Jesus, supposedly preached "love they neighbor", the Golden Rule and such, so X-stians espousing hate or inequality to gays are clearly not following the tenets of their religion's founder, and thus are being hypocrites. An atheist or agnostic that is homophobic is just labeled a narrow-minded homophobe, which X-stians having the same beliefs are also considered; it's just that X-stians of this ilk are hypocrites as well.

If you don't like the fact that you and X-stians in general are more susceptible to the criticism of hypocrisy than are atheists, too bad. If you don't like it, quit you're religion and take up the beliefs you want, so you can't be called a hypocrite. That's not atheists' problem, but YOURS.

As for atheists believing whatever they want, you acknowledge that they are generally constrained in their actions by secular society -- just like everybody else is. Consequently if they take stands or actions contrary to the popular view, they -- like anybody else -- will be sanctioned or criticized or whatever. You seem to think it's wrong for people to think what they want; you're apparently for mind/thought control. Very arrogant and sick on your part. People should be free to believe what they want, but if they want to claim to belong to some religion, then they need to abide by the tenets of the religion or risk being accused of hypocrisy.



So why endlessly rant, why not move forward.
Why the poor us atheist moaning we hear all the time. Why are you wetting your pants over this?



posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

Your OP is totally hypocritical to begin with, "Judge not", "Turn the other cheek" and all that? Hypocrite. You know right from wrong, if the bible has to tell you that robbing and killing is wrong, you have a real problem that the book cant help you with.


You have no concept of logic, I am sorry.





new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join