It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Truth is there are hypocrites of every belief and creed on the planet. There are certainly hypocritical atheist, just as there are hypocritical religious people. Personally I never really liked the term atheist; I simply call myself agnostic, or someone who is uncertain of our origins. That doesn't mean I don't lean towards one or the other; I actually lean towards the notion that design is inherent in existence -- whether that would be "God", our past selves, raw consciousness manifesting itself, or something else.

In any case I'm intrigued and love to ponder what we are. Where we came from. Where we're headed. I just think it's intellectually dishonest to assert that you know for sure. Faith is a good thing in some cases, and in others it's a detriment. It's also the case that belief in a deity is hardwired into the human brain; I find this adds to the whole mystery. I can't exactly blame people for following their religious beliefs, because it truly is such a massive part of our culture(s), and brings peace/meaning to the lives of many.

Who I do blame is the religious or non-religious that use their beliefs as a pretext to enact atrocities against fellow humans. From oppression, intolerance and war to murder, genocide, torture & intellectual suppression. It;s these people that are the real enemies of the human race. It's them who use division as a tool to pit us against one another. The faster people can realize this the better.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i do not really understand what you are trying to get across with this statement, especially since it only relates to ones sexuality.(another reason why front page topics should have higher standards than this crap IM reading)

atheist are not judged because they do not have a system of judgment, only those that judge atheist are those from religions lol, who in turn judge other religions. Morals, are based on current societies acceptance of such morals from a specific religion usually consisting of the larger religions in a country, 150 years ago wasn't uncommon for people to whip themselves as punishment for sinning to god. seeing someone do that now will most likely get you committed.

atheist do not need a set a morals, or a code of conduct, or a set of judgments. its easy rule of life, do not do to others what you do not want done to you. you do not need a religion to guide you through life and tell you what is right and wrong. people with in atheism will have like and dislikes, or tolerance of any given subject, humans are humans. just as you have some christians who may not agree with same sex anything , doesn't specify whether they "hate them" or any other given subject, such as abortion some will agree with it, some wont. and for the most part that is because humans have evolved, most understand religion in general, was a way to explain things to the masses, and to help sway people from just acting out on their own killing stealing ect ect, now the rule of the land in most countries is much higher than religion, people fear law/ over god. and its simple, Many would kill rape steal pillage ect ect knowing well at least i have now till i die to cause trouble, and ill deal with god/hell/heaven later. where as now in 21 century, people realize hey i could spend rest of life in a jail cell or worse for committing this action, and that keeps most in place(will always have animals/broken minds)

it then allows people to start to look at religion a different way, and instead of a set of rules or judgment, and knowing why religions were established in first place, they start to cherry pick what fits into their own life and how they would like to see their families turn out, and using the religion more of a set of loose guidelines instead.
atheists aren't anarchist, they just don't believe the crap that was written by a man, or in some cases, many men and women spanning many thousands of years from many religions pasted together, let alone the fact, scholars write and its taught in theologies classes that the bible is many stories from many years and from many many different people. why follow a religion that has already been cherry picked before you were even born.

forgot to add, how many times was the bible re-written? ^^ to suite the churches "needs"
edit on 3-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I think anyone that follows a religion and preaches love and goodwill to all mankind and then exclude Homo-sexuals, other religions and non-believers to be the biggest hypocrits..
edit on 10/3/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by Arsenis
reply to post by Soloro

Atheism is the absence of belief get it right.

Atheism is a belief, its a religion. Its a faith that there is no God.
Agnosticism is not a religion like atheism. It doesnt call for belief in a God or not in a God.
Atheism believe God doesnt exist, thats faith.

Oh the fun I will have.

Which god?

As an atheist I don't believe in any god. I absolutely do not know that there is no god, but I feel the same way about the easter bunny, santa claus, and the tooth fairy.

We're all atheists, unless you believe in ALL the gods.

There is no way that an all knowing, all seeing, omnipotent god could exist.

I don't discount that there are things I don't know, however, I don't make up stories to fill in the gaps either. I also subscribe to the golden rule, which is to treat others as I would like to be treated. That is a survival behavior by the way.

Atheism is a lack of belief in a god. Unless you believe in Thor or The Flying Spaghetti Monster along with all the other gods that might be out there, then you're an atheist as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by Samuelis
Yes there are bigger hypocrites than athiest's

Priest's that enjoy kiddy doodles.

Yet their are many atheists who think kiddy doodles are ok as well and push for kiddy marriage. To them thats ok. What right have you to deny them what they see as right

Priests, and I am not a Catholic, should know better. Sex outside of marriage is not acceptable to christians. They condemn themselves.

How many of those atheists use their non-belief in a god to gain children's trust and manipulate them to rape them? Atheists do bad things too, but they don't hide behind a religion to do them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am what I consider a true athiest in that I'm not part of, nor am I interested in partaking in any form of organized religion (oddly enough I do believe in a KIND of God, it's just unlike any kind of God religion pushes on people. I believe the universe as a whole is a living thing and has a kind of consciousness that wills life into being by creating souls out of a small piece of it's consciousness. Those souls give form to matter if they choose a physical life, This is why I believe there are "humans" everywhere in the universe, along with other forms souls may choose. That's what I believe "God" is, no watching every move you make no judgements, no hell, no heaven....just life, consciousness and choices....it's up to you what you do with those 3 gifts, and up to you to deal with the consequences) , and I do absolutely believe that 99% of self-proclaimed athiest are total hypocrites.

I've NEVER seen an "athiest" interviewed on TV that didn't treat their "atheism" as a form of religion. They show it time and time again, in every single interview, while they sit there trying to surpress other people's religions and their rights to believe in whatever they so choose. They are complete religious zealots, and use the word "atheism" as a cover for their religious zealotry.

If these people were TRULY atheist, they wouldn't give two shi*ts about what other people's beliefs or religious celebrations consist of. They wouldn't be trying to end Christmas celebrations, trying to tear down Christmas trees, and people's lights, or their decorations, no matter WHERE they are, be it in someone's house, or on the front lawn of their state's capitol building. They would just enjoy all aspects of life for what they are. Even join in the celebrations if it looks like a good time. Maybe exchange gifts if that's the tradition, maybe even put up their own tree and lights if they like the asthetics, and don't do so if they don't. They wouldn't be trying to outlaw the word "christmas tree" and rediculous things like that.

If they REALLY didn't believe in religion, other people's religious beliefs and activities shouldn't bother them in the least. The ONLY time a TRUE atheist should be bothered by other people's religious activities, is when those activities consist of things like hurting or killing other people, or trampling on other people's rights on a religious basis, like radical muslims, or christian groups like the scum filled westboro baptist church.

Outside of those hurtfull or violent religious groups, atheist should be paying basically no attention to other people's religios beliefs. If anything, they should be getting enjoyment out of the spectacle of the human condition, or like I said.......just enjoying religious holidays for what they are.....just festive times of the year, maybe a few free goodies, maybe a day off work here and there.....just enjoying life for the cultural stew that it is. Personally, I want second helpings of that stew most of the time.

In fact, I say let's have TWO Christmases!!! . More gifts, more parties and more days off work. So let's hear it from the real atheists for "Christmas 2" !!! What do you self proclaimed "atheist" think about that, EH?!?! F U....that's what I say. I'm sick of you people (i'm talking to the religious zealots calling themselves atheists) making ME look bad when I tell someone I'm basically an atheist, and they associate me with you D-BAGS trying to take away their freedoms.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I love blanket statements.
They're especially great when they aren't based on any facts or anything.
just some blanket statements pulled out of someone's ass.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I am sure Mao killed more people than all the religions ever did and he was an atheist.
Your argument is childish

So because your religion supposedly has killed less people than an atheist, that makes it ok?

Your argument is childish.

The problem then is why cant Christians have a standard they choose and apply it to themselves like the atheist do. I get it, many Christians fail, as do atheists, but why are we judged so harshly and atheists are not judged at all.

Because Christianity claims to know all truth, and claims the moral high ground above everyone else. Therefore, your judgement will be much harsher than those not living on the mountain top with you.

edit on 10/3/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

You say "Christianity Knows all the truth" Christians dont. I have never met one who states that
Thats a lie made up by atheists. Show me some evidence to this statement

We also dont claim the moral high ground (well I am not) we say we know where it is, we dont claim it. We are human, we are sinners. Also we dont face judgement lioke you

As to my childish argument. Atheists have killed more people than Christians ever have. Its a rebuttal, an accurate one at that
Atheism has no moral structure.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
So many people here with the "moral comes from a book" "without that book there would be no law".. rambling of a brainwashed fruit.

Morals and feelings are formed from experience, its is made by an action you don't want done to you, or you know the consequence of what would happen if it was done to you.. thus you would not want to do that to others because you would know how they will feel if it was done to them.

Example: Someone steals your money... you feel bad because you worked hard for it, and now you need to suffer all the after effects like paying bills late, or worse, no food on the table. This would make you relate and learn not to do to others because it would put others in the same situation or worse.

That is how you get morals, not from a book that was written by horny men 2000yrs ago.

Human mind is a learning tool, not for indoctrination. I don't need a man made book to tell me how to live my life.

Post like this make all religious people look brainwashed.

Yet some would steal from someone else to get more money. Your argument is flawed. The first person who stole is ignored in your scenario. Thiefs steal....they feel good, they steal again and again. Look at the US for all the stealing and corruption in government, its an endless cycle of greed.

You work under the premise everyone is good, that is wrong.
Think about it for more than a second.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Atheists dont have a standard law or moral standard other than what is forced upon them by secular society.

Thank you very much but I have my own morals and when we get down to the nitty my own morals are far superior to that of your invisble man that lives in the sky.

No doubt if you could have your way I would have your so called standards forced upon me just like the good old days when those that didn't bow down to your invisble man were tortured and killed for it by people such as yourself whith claiming the moral high ground.

Why do xtians find it necassary to loiter in the halls of a "conspiracy" website of all places ready to pounce on a troll box and spew out drivel ? Is your faith so week ? Does no one listen to you at church or home ?

You allow some books written centuries ago by some men you have never even met about alleged incidents they didn't even witness or have evidence they even occured, dictate your morals !!!!

How foolish is that my friend, to hand your mind on a plate to someone else?

Clearly reying to nudge the subject of homosexuality into your rant appears to hint at a deeper issue that perhaps troubles you. Having had a few homosexual thoughts bounce around your vacuous cranium by any chance ? Need to attack gay people in order to purge yourself of these demonic ideas that have blighted you out of nowhere ?

Ah, your post instantly brings to mind this guy, anything in common ?

Remember my friend, just like Ted said "You don't even have to think" seems like you are heeding his advice.

Your morals are subject to whatever way the wind blows, whatever side your bread is buttered on.
Why do atheists troll everything
This is a mirror to an atheists thread, because it shows how shallow the atheist thread is.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There has never been a war in the name of "Atheism."

Also, there have always been people who didn't believe in the religions of their culture, but atheism itself is a new position, because in the past if a person were to claim that they didn't believe the emperor is "god on earth" or in the god(s) of the Bible, they were met with a death sentence.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

For one: I said a TRUE CHRISTIAN would have not shot up a school.
reply to post by johngrissom

Unless of course his god told him to.

Where an atheist can just do it a leisure, as many have done in the past.

And God has not given Christians permission to kill anyone, your argument is infantile and ignorant

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
This thread is a steaming, stinking, rubbish pile of divisive idiocy. Here's my question: what will it take for everyone to look beyond what they have in differences, and see what they have in common? What will it take for people to love each other for what they can do together, and not hate their neighbors for what they can do without them?

It seems like all everyone wants to see these days is reasons to want to kill each other, or tear each other down. It's a survival mechanism, I get it. But why do we need to survive? The only thing that threatens us now is each other. Does anyone see the redundancy?

Sometimes, I believe that no one wants peace. They only want to stand above the rest because they can only see how they've been wronged.

edit on 3-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I agree, but it is a copy of an atheist troll thread, I made this one to highlight the stupidity of the atheists therad.
Thanks for supporting my position that some atheists are trolls.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Same old straw man BS we have become accustomed to from the religious crowd.

* They try to attack atheism without even knowing what it is. FAIL.
* They attack the morality of their strawman version of atheism while failing to apply the morality of their own religion to their own lives. FAIL.
* They try to attack the morality of their strawman version of atheism while not understanding that it is irrelevant. Even if atheism implies complete lack of morality (which it doesn't), that says absolutely nothing about whether atheism is actually right. FAIL.

The troll fails - epically.

Atheism is lack of belief in God due to insufficient evidence of his existence (and that goes for all Gods, not just the one you personally have decided is the real deal). The only way to refute atheism is to show why God (any God) probably exists.

Your rant does not do that, so atheism holds.
edit on 3-10-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

Strawmen?
I cant attack atheistic morality, it doesnt exist.
How about you explain your position, you havnt defended or justified your view, you just had a big sook.
I am not refuting atheism, where do you get that from. I am not saying in this post if I think its right or wrong. Your argument is dumb and attacks nothing I have stated or claimed
Thats a......S T R A W M A N
As for Christioan morality, I stated it in the first post.
Thanks please have another go if you think of something intelligent this time

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

And God has not given Christians permission to kill anyone

Which god? The God of the Old Testament, the "Father God" that Jesus referred to or Jesus Christ?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

We're not supposed to judge non-believers, but I do understand your frustration. I understand the frustrations of both parties, and I understand how those frustrations occur and you are not going to like my answer; both sides of the equation won't like my answer.

BUT, I will keep this short: you are not supposed to judge nonbelievers because you were once a nonbeliever.

We are supposed to be the light of the world, and I welcome those criticisms from nonbelievers because they are damn right... 21st century American "Christians" that protests again gay marriage are the same protesters that fought against woman equality, racial equality, and equality in general. Damn, can't we just take a step back and think?
edit on 3-10-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

I think you might want to read your bible a little more. We have every right to judge non believers. We dont have a right to condemn them
Simply calling them non believers is a judgement. Come on try to put a little logic in what you say
This thread has nothing to do with homosexuality, leave your politicising out.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I remember when I was a little child sitting, on my fathers lap and he tickled me. In my giggling squirm, I accidentally kicked him in the crotch. I never knew, before this incident, that I had the ability to hurt someone, and I experienced guilt for the first time. I couldn't have been older than one, and had no religion, knowledge of God, but I knew that hurting someone was wrong .

My sister, who was 6 years older than me, used to like to act like a bull and charge at me. I remember the first time, sitting on the sofa, so little that I had to be propped up with pillows, and watching her paw at the ground with her foot, snort and then charge at me, landing on top of me with all her force, knocking the wind out of me so that I couldn't even cry. The thought of deliberately harming someone was not part of my mentality, so I never expected she would hurt me. I was shocked to learn that people could hurt others on purpose and I knew that was wrong, without anyone teaching me so.

When I started Kindergarten, my sister and I walked to school together. Some boys were picking on my sister and made her cry. I tore after them with a vengeance, defending my older sister against these big boys. It came natural. Nobody had to teach me to stand up for the weak.

Morality is etched on our souls and only perverted by biblical justification and religious intolerance. There is no morality disseminated by religion, only the hijacking and corruption of what is already written on the human soul.

Religion selling morality is like the government selling air. They don't own it.

edit on 3-10-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Yet you were bullied by other kids who didnt care
Your argument refutes itself, think a little more logically before shooting yourself in the foot next time.
What is good for you isnt good for every one else, thats the whole point and even you explained it to me.
Thats absurd.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
None of this matters. You were born alone and you will die alone. What you do in between is what is important. If you live your life working to make people believe the same things you do you are wasting your time. Who cares if someone spends their life following a bronze age doctrine that makes no sense. It is their life to waste. Who cares if someone proclaims no belief at all. It really isn't harming you or anyone else. Also, does it really matter who I choose to sleep with? Does their gender really make a difference? Is it harming you or anyone else if I choose to love a man or a woman? I think not. Be a good human, love everyone you can. That's it.
Also, this is a troll post but I don't think I buy your response that you did it on purpose. I think you got busted and changed your tone. Just an opinion.

I am hard pushed to care what a person who cant search ats thinks,
This thread isnt about doctrines or about homosexuals morals, creation or evolution
God or gods, its about hate, its about ceaseless attacks on Christianity by everyone. Yet those who attack it are just as bad, if not worse than those they attack
This thread proves the hate. Read your own posts, re read what you say. If an atheist hates homosexuals thats ok, if a Christian does (and they shouldnt) thats evil, yet you dont believe in rules
Here is the thread I mirrored,

Now dont think I am justifying myself, I could care no less for your opinion of me. It is worth drawing attention to though.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

And God has not given Christians permission to kill anyone

Which god? The God of the Old Testament, the "Father God" that Jesus referred to or Jesus Christ?

Well I guess being Christian, not Jewish.

You do know they are different faiths??? I hope.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

There has never been a war in the name of "Atheism."

Also, there have always been people who didn't believe in the religions of their culture, but atheism itself is a new position, because in the past if a person were to claim that they didn't believe the emperor is "god on earth" or in the god(s) of the Bible, they were met with a death sentence.

Stalin killed millions,Pol Pot and Mao, they killed religious people and advocated no religion
but whatever you want to believe, thats your choice as I said in the OP

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join