It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

it doesn't matter what you believe Christians own... I believe as a majority would if polled, that Marriage should be between a Man and a Woman.

my Mother and Father are Married, it is logical... even a baby can wrap their brain around the concept.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

it doesn't matter what you believe Christians own... I believe as a majority would if polled, that Marriage should be between a Man and a Woman.

my Mother and Father are Married, it is logical... even a baby can wrap their brain around the concept.

Well, your belief is wrong then: LINK

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

According to whom? And if you're going to judge the entire world by the standards of your parents (whose legacy can be seen in your philosophies even as I type this) then may whatever higher powers there be have mercy on all of our souls.

edit on 29-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

According to whom?

It's not just wrong, it's also off-topic...not sure what that has to do with atheists being hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's related to atheists supposedly being hypocrites in that they are apparently smarter than Christians, who can't even recognize a human right when it is pointed out to them. So if atheists are hypocrites, what does that make Christians?

That's how it's related, as far as I can tell. I didn't bring it up, I'm just joining the conversations.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Atheism says that I do not believe in "God", which is implied as entailing that I do not believe in any form of higher power. This is a sorely mistaken assumption. I believe in a source of all things, a law that binds everything we know and even has levels of which we are unaware at this time.

Whatever it is that you believe in you described it as some form of 'law of nature', this doesn't qualify as a god in any way, as you say here..

I don't call it a god. If that makes me atheist, then so be it

You then go on to say

'atheist' seems to have more than one definition, considering most atheists I know don't share my views

So maybe you do not have a correct definition for the word/s atheist/atheism, it merely means the rejection of the claims made by theists.

A-theist.

And you tick that particular box, so you can actually engage in a discussion such as this instead of attempting to point out the downfalls of either camp in a very smug and condescending manner.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

According to whom? And if you're going to judge the entire world by the standards of your parents (whose legacy can be seen in your philosophies even as I type this) then may whatever higher powers there be have mercy on all of our souls.

it takes a rooster and a hen to make chicken... have you ever see any movies dealing with non-biological parents? you know those emo movies when the kid finds out after 20 some odd years who their real parents are?

there are such topics as genetic coding and genetic predisposition... I wonder why we are so obsessed with this subject and so much revolves around it in all the species. There are many animals who know just what to do right out of the womb. Ever see the Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston?

hencam.com...
edit on 3-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Even if that was the case, so what? There was once a time where the majority polled where against interracial marriage, and the points they made in their talking point paralleled yours. There was people saying "my mother and father kept to their own kind, and kids can't understand a black and white together" they treated it like the downfall of society and where strongly against it. Time proved their fears where irrational too.

So as times continue to change, and polling continues to show growing support for gay marriage will you embrace what the polls say? or will you be on the "so what" side?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

it takes a rooster and a hen to make chicken... have you ever see any movies dealing with non-biological parents? you know those emo movies when the kid finds out after 20 some odd years who their real parents are?

there are such topics as genetic coding and genetic predisposition... I wonder why we are so obsessed with this subject and so much revolves around it in all the species. There are many animals who know just what to do right out of the womb. Ever see the Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston?

hencam.com...
edit on 3-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

Why are you guys so preoccupied with making babies? So gays can't have kids, how does that make your life worse? Why is it your business? With as populated as earth is, we should be thankful for the fact that every single person on earth isn't having kids.

Why all the movie references anyway? Do you live vicariously though movies? I'm sorry but life is more complex then any movie script can ever be. if you base all your views on movies you've seen then it's no wonder it's so close minded. I mean, that's your right, but the rest of us will judge life based on real life and people we interact with.
edit on 3-12-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

sorry, the earth is a global community... just like the majority of the sates, if polled, you lose.

I think it's rather silly, whatever floats your boat man.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche
Why are you guys so preoccupied with making babies? So gays can't have kids, how does that make your life worse? Why is it your business? With as populated as earth is, we should be thankful for the fact that every single person on earth isn't having kids.

I see so you're on the population reduction bandwagon too then? try explaining your evil theory to Africa and the Middle East.

you know England is going to be muslim majority by 2050 and some are saying France even earlier 2030ish.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

All Christians do nothing but preach hellfire and brimstone, walk around with there noses turned up at people, make fun of homeless people, and burn copies of "The God delusion",

Don't lie and try saying Christians, for the most part, are good, charitable people

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro
reply to post by borntowatch

I think Atheism is one of those filler belief systems.

Because it's about just that. Belief.

Well....not really, we don't believe in god. So therefore don't believe in anything and just want to live our lives as peacefully and happily as we can.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with a gay couple marrying....its called HUMAN RIGHTS.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Nothing wrong with a gay couple marrying....its called HUMAN RIGHTS.

never said their was... I only mentioned "what floats peoples boats"

the real question here is as always "societal norms" convincing the rest of the non-anglo world is another matter. Getting people to accept gay pride is something that is self defeating, when forcing it down peoples throats and claiming human rights somehow always starts sparks.

it's a little much don't ya think?

edit on 4-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I see so you're on the population reduction bandwagon too then? try explaining your evil theory to Africa and the Middle East.

you know England is going to be muslim majority by 2050 and some are saying France even earlier 2030ish.

My evil theory? What is evil about saying we have a huge population, and gays not having kids isn't a problem? I think it's more evil to demand every person on earth to multiply out of countol until we deplete all of our resources. If some people choose to be in relationships that don't produce children, good. What's wrong with not having kids?

I haven no idea what Muslim fear mongering has to do with any of this though. Isn't the discussion gay rights? or let me guess, you think if gays weren't gay, they'd be having sex and all those kids would only grow up to be Christians?

edit on 5-12-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

My evil theory? What is evil about saying we have a huge population, and gays not having kids isn't a problem? I think it's more evil to demand every person on earth to multiply out of countol until we deplete all of our resources. If some people choose to be in relationships that don't produce children, good. What's wrong with not having kids?

I haven no idea what Muslim fear mongering has to do with any of this though. Isn't the discussion gay rights? or let me guess, you think if gays weren't gay, they'd be having sex and all those kids would only grow up to be Christians?

You know what he'll do next don't you?

Throw some bible quotations at you.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

You know what he'll do next don't you?

Throw some bible quotations at you.

yea i'm sure "be fruitful and multiply" is coming with no care given to the population growth since the days of Jesus.

What makes sense with 100 million people before globalization, tends to make less sense when applied to 7 billion globalized people. Unfortunately the bible will never be edited to say "ok we've multiplied enough, start slowing down" so even when people start fighting for food and water in the streets we will hear "the bible say multiply!"

and some how gays not having kids is the biggest problem these people seem fixated on.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

pride anything just stinks... think we'd learn by now that it causes more problems than it's worth?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

muslims are multiplying at 5.3 children per family as opposed to British nationals 2.1 and maybe you haven't noticed but Islam has issues with homosexuals...

you need a reproduction rate of 3.2 to maintain a minimum head count of the likes of your kind to keep from being bred out of existence.

edit on 5-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join