Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by borntowatch

Atheists don't have a standard ?

I'm sort of an atheist...I have standards...they are called:

peace, harmony, compassion, love and tolerance.

Don't need any book or higher spiritual authority to make me be that way. If you spend time to think about the world and yourself as an individual, these things come naturally to any sane person able to add 2 and 2 together.

I dare to proclaim, had I ever been more involved with the religions, I would not have been as free as I feel today. I have never loved people more than I do now.

I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life.

And this:
"I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life"

Is not having standards but more being closed minded.

Sorry truth hurts brother
edit on 3-10-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

Ha Ha. Straying from organized religion.. exploring other possibilities... you said that was being closed minded.. ha ha..... ha...... umm, you are joking? right?

So, someone who decides to take their nose out of the bible and allow themselves the freedom to learn about the infinite other beliefs and religions on this planet, is being "closed minded"? Is that what your saying?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Before anyone rips on me Protestant and Christianity are two different religions with different rules.

Yeah you keep opening yourself up for it mate.

With around 2.2 billion adherents,[20][21][22] split into 3 main branches of Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox, Christianity is the world's largest religion.[16]

Christianity

They all have different rules.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Before anyone rips on me Protestant and Christianity are two different religions with different rules.

Protestants are a Christian denomination, no?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

I wasn't going by sub-groups, sir. I know there are Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Orthodox, etc. But by definition Christianity is a person who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ. That's it. So I was trying to cover a more broad spectrum.

What I was trying to say was, no one has the right to tell anyone to believe or not to believe. Let them live their life and in the end, if you were right and God sorts us out, then so be it. "God loves all of his children."

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Originally posted by ANOK

Ignorance at it's finest. While your beginning statement is true. How can you expect someone to have morals and values, when none have been instilled? I must have missed the memo where the kids from Columbine High School, where religious or the Virgina Tech shooter.

So they did that because they weren't religious? And you talk about ignorance?

You don't need to believe in God to have morals instilled in you. I am my own living proof, and thousands of other people across the world that did not have religious upbringings. Not all countries are so militantly religious as America.

This whole statement proves you have no idea what you are talking about. For one: I said a TRUE CHRISTIAN would have not shot up a school. Every living being on this planet is capable of doing what those two did. If you had continued reading you would have read where I typed that. Where I also stated that there is two different kind of Christians. Ignorance was no where near my post because you failed to read and you currently still remain ignorant. And to prove your ignorance: "Not all countries are so militantly religious as America." Actually, everything but Islam is dying in America. If, you WE'RE NOT so blind to religion...you could possibly know that.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Yeah you keep opening yourself up for it mate.

With around 2.2 billion adherents,[20][21][22] split into 3 main branches of Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox, Christianity is the world's largest religion.[16]

Christianity

They all have different rules.

Still think you know everything Mr. Atheist?

www.foreignpolicy.com...

I wonder why Christianity is last? But isn't America militantly religious?

At the same time I wonder why an Atheist is giving information on religion to being with? When in fact they don't believe in any God. Doesn't that fall under ironic?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I was just thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know!) Couldn't religion be man projecting himself unto God. Is God a Muslim, a Christian, A Jew? I mean, I believe in "God" to a certain degree but I find myself not believing in religion and I'm thinking that "God" is not religion but that religion is Man.

Also I'm seeing that to discuss religion, God, Atheism, Agnosticism gets you about as far as discussing politics - meaning it gets us absolutely nowhere very quickly

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

This whole statement proves you have no idea what you are talking about. For one: I said a TRUE CHRISTIAN would have not shot up a school. Every living being on this planet is capable of doing what those two did. If you had continued reading you would have read where I typed that. Where I also stated that there is two different kind of Christians. Ignorance was no where near my post because you failed to read and you currently still remain ignorant. And to prove your ignorance: "Not all countries are so militantly religious as America." Actually, everything but Islam is dying in America. If, you WE'RE NOT so blind to religion...you could possibly know that.

Do you start every reply with a personal attack?

You're probably right they wouldn't, but that does not change my reply to you. You were trying to claim because they weren't Christians they did what they did. Your logic is flawed.

And you missed my point, in decline or not, it's still more militant then some other countries. In other words where I grew up people were not particularly religious, and they didn't breed mass murderers. So maybe it's the religion in America that breeds them eh?

Your paranoia about Islam is unfounded. So what if it's true? People are allowed to choose whatever religion they want. If it is true the religious right only has itself to blame for the decline. There is nothing wrong with people becoming Muslims.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

How many times a week do you speed and cut people off. Don't lie to me, because I have yet to see anyone on the road not speed. Isn't having standards being respectful to one another? How is speed and cutting people off, being respectful?

wow...what an argument. I guess you're right. I will obviously burn in hell...

btw. I hang out with drug addicts, a couple of thieves, and most of us are poor...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
I was just thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know!) Couldn't religion be man projecting himself unto God. Is God a Muslim, a Christian, A Jew? I mean, I believe in "God" to a certain degree but I find myself not believing in religion and I'm thinking that "God" is not religion but that religion is Man.

I agree. Religion is man made, you can believe in a God and not follow any organised religion.

But where will you get your morals from?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I shall buy them from a department store, but only when they go on sale

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

Originally posted by Firewater

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

reply to post by borntowatch

Atheists don't have a standard ?

I'm sort of an atheist...I have standards...they are called:

peace, harmony, compassion, love and tolerance.

Don't need any book or higher spiritual authority to make me be that way. If you spend time to think about the world and yourself as an individual, these things come naturally to any sane person able to add 2 and 2 together.

I dare to proclaim, had I ever been more involved with the religions, I would not have been as free as I feel today. I have never loved people more than I do now.

I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life.

And this:
"I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life"

Is not having standards but more being closed minded.

Sorry truth hurts brother
edit on 3-10-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

Ha Ha. Straying from organized religion.. exploring other possibilities... you said that was being closed minded.. ha ha..... ha...... umm, you are joking? right?

So, someone who decides to take their nose out of the bible and allow themselves the freedom to learn about the infinite other beliefs and religions on this planet, is being "closed minded"? Is that what your saying?

Nope, Im saying someone who made a decision like that in elementary school has no idea about religion and just find excuse not to try any of them but instead bashing them. So, yeah closed minded seems about right. And just to let you know, I have never sat down and read the Bible genius. I know the important parts of the Bible because to me it is a moral value guideline of life and nothing more. If I were to take all of it seriously. Than all of this: www.evilbible.com... would be fine my society standards but just like evolution, things have to evolve with society. Just like the Bible has too and has.

I'am Nondenominational Christian. Which you clearly have no idea about. I'am not held to the standards of "Christianity." Quotes since all of you Atheist don't know the difference between the different religions. So, you still wanna talk about being closed minded? Lets see, I have studied the basics of all the main stream religions because it was required in school. I believe that going to church doesn't make anyone better than anyone else. I believe that most cultures have been helped by other worldly beings. I DO NOT think that Christianity is the only religion and that everyone else is wrong. I believe that all religions are good, including Islam but that's the difference between Denominational religions and NON. We, think outside of the box on everything. That an upbringing of Atheist parents is no different than an upbringing of religious parents. If, you can't do the fact checking on everything. Then you have no right forming an opinion with no facts. It would be like, sending someone to prison with zero evidence.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

has no idea about religion and just find excuse not to try any of them but instead bashing them

but I don't need an excuse? for what would I need it? I just don't see the appeal. You are talking about religion as if it's something that everyone must try, cos it's prerequisite for living or what? Why would I necessarily have to try it out? I don't feel like I miss anything in my life.. i don't need a moral guidance also...don't kill, don't steal, threat other as you would have them threat you...all pretty self evident and very logical to me.

You need someone to watch over what you do because you don't trust yourself to be moral ??

So if you didn't have the Bible as moral guidance, would you go out killing and robbing and raping ? Just asking.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Do you start every reply with a personal attack?

You're probably right they wouldn't, but that does not change my reply to you. You were trying to claim because they weren't Christians they did what they did. Your logic is flawed.

And you missed my point, in decline or not, it's still more militant then some other countries. In other words where I grew up people were not particularly religious, and they didn't breed mass murderers. So maybe it's the religion in America that breeds them eh?

Your paranoia about Islam is unfounded. So what if it's true? People are allowed to choose whatever religion they want. If it is true the religious right only has itself to blame for the decline. There is nothing wrong with people becoming Muslims.

Trying to play the victim card I see.

"Do you start every reply with a personal attack?"

It is not a personal attack, when it is stated fact. And if you want to play that card, than you saying my God isn't real...is a "personal attack." Try not to put your foot in your mouth.

"You're probably right they wouldn't, but that does not change my reply to you. You were trying to claim because they weren't Christians they did what they did. Your logic is flawed."

This statement is flawed all together. You start the statement with the agreement that I'm right but then end it with the logic being flawed. You either disagree or agree. If you disagree you are labeling all religious individuals, namely Christians, evil. False accusation because of the very fact. Ive known numerous individuals who get picked on, who are Christians, and don't care but then an Atheist gets picked on and tries for revenge. Now, Im not saying all Atheist's are going to shoot up schools but where have you seen a shooting done by a Christian individual? What you are making it out to sound because the logic is flawed; Christians students shoot up a school for getting picked on. No, not true because we know, you will get your just cause. Even if God doesn't exist, bad crap still happens to those who have no morals or values to one another and lie all the time. For example: Another co-worker, most disrespectful, lying, crappiest individual in our shop, currently his wife is divorcing him and saying all kind of false accusations about him. In a religious stand point God has set a course of consequences for him or its just karma. Either way the logic is not flawed because if you are a TRUE Christian, you would not lie or disrespect people. Not saying all Atheist lie or disrespect people but constantly all I hear is, "I don't want to live my life where I have rules and or judgement that I have to adhere to when I die. I want to live it up for me."

Great, do so all you want but most of the time that mean you will lie and disrespect me.

"And you missed my point, in decline or not, it's still more militant then some other countries. In other words where I grew up people were not particularly religious, and they didn't breed mass murderers. So maybe it's the religion in America that breeds them eh?"

I haven't missed the point where you have pent up aggression towards stuff you don't like.

"Your paranoia about Islam is unfounded. So what if it's true? People are allowed to choose whatever religion they want. If it is true the religious right only has itself to blame for the decline. There is nothing wrong with people becoming Muslims"

You don't read do you? Never once have I stated anywhere that I dislike the Islamic religion.

"If it is true the religious right only has itself to blame for the decline."

No, it doesn't. It has the world to blame around them. Most of the people on this planet don't care about respecting one another. That's too much work. All we care about is money, the next Iphone, Jersey Shore and how my opinion is better than yours. This world keeps gradually getting more selfish every day and people like me are a rare thing...where we accept everyone. From murderers to Atheists. That's fine you can't accept my belief but at least I will give your money back when you drop it cause of what I believe in.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This world keeps gradually getting more selfish every day and people like me are a rare thing...where we accept everyone

...but having made this thread with the title that you did...who is the aggressive one? HYPOCRITES in upper case. Isn't that a a verbal attack? I came to this thread to defend the atheist stance, not to attack yours. The attacking is done solely on your part.

So much for accepting everyone...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

has no idea about religion and just find excuse not to try any of them but instead bashing them

So if you didn't have the Bible as moral guidance, would you go out killing and robbing and raping ? Just asking.

Mmmmmmmm....so maybe that explains why we have a mass killing in public areas every week. No moral guide to help them.

And nope I don't need anybody watching me because I always do the right thing, even when no one is there.
It's just nice knowing that there is an opposite to the mass killings every week, when someone rescues a dying person and or does the right thing. Good vs Evil. Every negative there is a positive. Balance maybe? I don't know maybe Im too closed minded because I believe in God and made this decision when I knew right from wrong.

That's the problem with society today...most don't believe in any of that. They just brag about getting a DUI, getting their 17th speeding ticket, committing adultery, losing their daughter and waiting 30 days to report the missing.

We all blame the government and religion when most of the time it is non-religious joe blows, who are to blame. None of you have accepted that fact yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

look man....some people are destined to do great things. Unselfish things..like devoting their entire lives helping others. I admire them. But it's not my destiny. I don't go around doing good deeds, but I'm trying really hard not to do bad ones either. Live and let live is my moto. If everybody would just let others live in peace, there would be much less need for helping.

We all have a role to play....some are politicians, some are priests, some are humanitarians.

People who feel the need, or hear a calling, do things. People that feel the void in their lives, try religions and maybe find comfort in some of them. I have no problem with that...but I don't feel the void. I'm happy with my life and my choices. I am not rich, I barely scrape from first to last...but I'm content. Firmly in control of my own life and taking responsibility for my own choices. That's what its'a about for me. Letting others live the way they wanna live and taking responsibility for one's own actions. I don't blame God, parents or the society.
My life is my choice, and benefits/consequences that follow from it, are also mine. This is what it means to be atheist for me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

a mass killing in public areas every week

Mass killings are more often than not done by a person or a group of religious extremists...or a religion is a factor in the killings.

Those that need a book to tell them that it's not OK to kill a person...shouldn't be out walking free.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
edit on 10/3/2012 by Klassified because: Redacted. Mistook another member for OP.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by Samuelis
Yes there are bigger hypocrites than athiest's

Priest's that enjoy kiddy doodles.

Yet their are many atheists who think kiddy doodles are ok as well and push for kiddy marriage. To them thats ok. What right have you to deny them what they see as right

Priests, and I am not a Catholic, should know better. Sex outside of marriage is not acceptable to christians. They condemn themselves.

they dont have to be atheists or priests, kiddy fiddlers come from all walks of lfe. Your statement is so generalizing to be offensive, like there are no kiddy fiddlers except atheists, show me documented evidence that atheists are pushing for kiddy marriage, more than some religions. As it stands there is only 1 main stream religion that pushes for that, oh and they cant stand atheists or anyone else who doesn't believe in their sky fairy

Hey big fella you got a search engine you find it. What are you blind or have no fingers
Stop being a mamas boy and learn to research
Pathetic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join