Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
atheists are boring... until a model atheist atheist like Jeffrey Dahmer comes along, then they are a disgusting threat to society.

a society based and constructed on judeo christian values such as ours in America know what threat atheism represents to our communities.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
atheists are boring... until a model atheist atheist like Jeffrey Dahmer comes along, then they are a disgusting threat to society.

a society based and constructed on judeo christian values such as ours in America know what threat atheism represents to our communities.

I hope you realise many of the founding fathers weren't even Christian, and they made it very clear that the government shouldn't establish or get involved in religion. You might wanna read the constitution and bill of rights.

Also...nice ad hominem attack, how every Christian of you. Is that the best you can come up with?
edit on 21-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

have you seen the Apotheosis of George Washington yet?

"G" (is) the founding father...

atheism is a disease, an otherwise corruption of normal healthy cells, and it should be treated as such.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

atheism is a disease, an otherwise corruption of normal healthy cells, and it should be treated as such.

And another ad hominem attack, well done

I hope you know you're fighting a losing battle. Thanks to the Internet people now have (almost) free access to information. So whereas before they blindly believed, they now have the ability to look stuff up. So while in the past religious people could just say "global flood...totally happened", nowadays we can actually check the facts and realise it's PHYSICALLY impossible and completely devoid of any evidence.

What you are trying to do here is PREACHING...and unless you back your claims up with objective (!) evidence it's a laughable attempt at that

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
you see readers.. here is how it is...

atheism only knows how to attack and do battle with Christianity yet they claim they are anti theistic.

the founder of America was a theist, plain and simple...

atheism is soft satanism and it earns this definition for only attacking Christianity, a religion which believes in good and evil and God and Satan.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

atheism only knows how to attack and do battle with Christianity yet they claim they are anti theistic.

the founder of America was a theist, plain and simple...

atheism is soft satanism and it earns this definition for only attacking Christianity, a religion which believes in good and evil and God and Satan.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

atheism only knows how to attack...

Oh the irony is strong in this one

Read your 2 last posts, they were BOTH ad hominem attacks...and you accuse atheists of attacking people, are you serious?

Atheists don't single out Christianity

If you don't believe in god(s), you clearly believe all theistic religions to be nonsense, not just Christianity. It's an English speaking board though, and Christianity is the prevailing religion in English speaking nations, so it's only normal that a lot of the focus is on Christianity.

If it makes you feel better, Muslims are just as wrong as Christianity, and their holy book has just as many demonstrably wrong claims in it

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

And another ad hominem attack, well done

I hope you know you're fighting a losing battle. Thanks to the Internet people now have (almost) free access to information. So whereas before they blindly believed, they now have the ability to look stuff up. So while in the past religious people could just say "global flood...totally happened", nowadays we can actually check the facts and realise it's PHYSICALLY impossible and completely devoid of any evidence.

What you are trying to do here is PREACHING...and unless you back your claims up with objective (!) evidence it's a laughable attempt at that

you my friend ARE preaching to the chior, you are no different defending your position and spreading your philosophy... which is by the way rather weak philosophy mainly involved in disputing a sole religious belief (Christianity)

it is because they do not know any better or that they do not know anything else...?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I'm backing my claims up with FACT and OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE...you simply use ad hominem attacks because (I think) deep down you know you don't have any facts to back up your claims.

But prove me wrong, post facts and evidence to support your claims

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

atheism only knows how to attack...

Oh the irony is strong in this one

Read your 2 last posts, they were BOTH ad hominem attacks...and you accuse atheists of attacking people, are you serious?

Atheists don't single out Christianity

If you don't believe in god(s), you clearly believe all theistic religions to be nonsense, not just Christianity. It's an English speaking board though, and Christianity is the prevailing religion in English speaking nations, so it's only normal that a lot of the focus is on Christianity.

If it makes you feel better, Muslims are just as wrong as Christianity, and their holy book has just as many demonstrably wrong claims in it

would you like to dispute the theistic beliefs of America's founding father, rather than introducing your opinions?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You said "Judeo-Christian" values...which was clearly wrong as not all theists follow those beliefs

Either way, doesn't change the fact that your post one ad hominem attack after the other instead of presenting rational arguments...and that's pretty laughable.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'm backing my claims up with FACT and OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE...you simply use ad hominem attacks because (I think) deep down you know you don't have any facts to back up your claims.

oh lovely... your broken record routine.

getting you to accept the facts is another thing, which you will refuse to do until you are blue in the face.

I am beginning to believe this is your only defense? when you and your ilk only request facts but never state any...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You said "Judeo-Christian" values...which was clearly wrong as not all theists follow those beliefs

I said a society built on these values...

go ahead this is going to be so funny you trying to deny the settlers didn't have these values

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

oh lovely... your broken record routine.

getting you to accept the facts is another thing, which you will refuse to do until you are blue in the face.

I am beginning to believe this is your only defense? when you and your ilk only request facts but never state any...

You haven't presented a single fact or any evidence to support your AD HOMINEM ATTACKS...what reaction where you expecting?

Did you expect people to simply nod in agreement and blindly believe your preaching? Sorry, we aren't in church here, people care about logic, rationality, and evidence

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

what facts are you requesting?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes! Educated people, capable of critical thinking are a threat to the superstitious religious community. That's why the early Christians church outlawed the studies of mathematics, the sciences of astronomy and medicine and the association with anyone who dares to question the wisdom of the church!

Now those stupid atheist are trying to stop the legislation of religion into our secular laws! How dare they!

edit on 21-10-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Yes! Educated people, capable of critical thinking are a threat to the superstitious religious community. That's why the early Christians church outlawed the studies of mathematics, the sciences of astronomy and the association with anyone who dares to question the wisdom of the church!

Now those stupid atheist are trying to stop the legislation of religion into our secular laws! How dare they!

lol coming out of the woodwork I see...

I am sorry to say the those who advanced science the most (including the martyrs) were theistic individuals.

why bring Christianity into this? is it because it is all the enlightened atheists know?

I am only concerned at this point with proving theistic beliefs (as in the case of George Washington) whatever they may be.

George Washington's Prayer

Monday Morning Prayer:

O eternal and everlasting God, I presume to present myself this morning before thy Divine majesty, beseeching thee to accept of my humble and hearty thanks, that it hath pleased thy great goodness to keep and preserve me the night past from all the dangers poor mortals are subject to, and has given me sweet and pleasant sleep, whereby I find my body refreshed and comforted for performing the duties of this day, in which I beseech thee to defend me from all perils of body and soul.

Direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the lamb, and purge my heart by thy Holy Spirit, from the dross of my natural corruption, that I may with more freedom of mind and liberty of will serve thee, the ever lasting God, in righteousness and holiness this day, and all the days of my life.

Increase my faith in the sweet promises of the Gospel. Give me repentance from dead works. Pardon my wanderings, & direct my thoughts unto thyself, the God of my salvation. Teach me how to live in thy fear, labor in thy service, and ever to run in the ways of thy commandments. Make me always watchful over my heart, that neither the terrors of conscience, the loathing of holy duties, the love of sin, nor an unwillingness to depart this life, may cast me into a spiritual slumber. But daily frame me more and more into the likeness of thy son Jesus Christ, that living in thy fear, and dying in thy favor, I may in thy appointed time attain the resurrection of the just unto eternal life. Bless my family, friends & kindred unite us all in praising & glorifying thee in all our works begun, continued, and ended, when we shall come to make our last account before thee blessed Saviour, who hath taught us thus to pray, our Father.
edit on 21-10-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

what facts are you requesting?

Let me quote George Washington to make clear why your claims are nonsense:

There is nothing which can better deserve our patronage than the promotion of science and literature. Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness. [George Washington, address to Congress, 8 January, 1790]

If they are good workmen, they may be from Asia, Africa or Europe; they may be Mahometans, Jews, Christians of any sect, or they may be Atheists.... [George Washington, to Tench Tighman, March 24, 1784, when asked what type of workman to get for Mount Vernon, from The Washington papers edited by Saul Padover]

To give opinions unsupported by reasons might appear dogmatical. [George Washington, to Alexander Spotswood, November 22, 1798, from The Washington papers edited by Saul Padover]

But you see, all that hardly matters because we live in the 21st century and times are changing. The amount of atheists for example is strongly growing (thank god!!), and the amount of believers is shrinking. And that's a FACT.

Also, do you understand the difference between someone stating a personal belief and someone showing a scientific theory based on facts and clear objective evidence? One is merely "guessing" or "believing"...the other represents reality. I chose to care more about reality than fairy tales that might or might not be true...especially if the basis of those fairy tales (bible, qran, etc.) are often demonstrably wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

let me post this again in case you missed it? the important words which are 'fact' are in bold...

George Washington's Prayer

O eternal and everlasting God, I presume to present myself this morning before thy Divine majesty, beseeching thee to accept of my humble and hearty thanks, that it hath pleased thy great goodness to keep and preserve me the night past from all the dangers poor mortals are subject to, and has given me sweet and pleasant sleep, whereby I find my body refreshed and comforted for performing the duties of this day, in which I beseech thee to defend me from all perils of body and soul.

Direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the lamb, and purge my heart by thy Holy Spirit, from the dross of my natural corruption, that I may with more freedom of mind and liberty of will serve thee, the ever lasting God, in righteousness and holiness this day, and all the days of my life.

Increase my faith in the sweet promises of the Gospel. Give me repentance from dead works. Pardon my wanderings, & direct my thoughts unto thyself, the God of my salvation. Teach me how to live in thy fear, labor in thy service, and ever to run in the ways of thy commandments. Make me always watchful over my heart, that neither the terrors of conscience, the loathing of holy duties, the love of sin, nor an unwillingness to depart this life, may cast me into a spiritual slumber. But daily frame me more and more into the likeness of thy son Jesus Christ, that living in thy fear, and dying in thy favor, I may in thy appointed time attain the resurrection of the just unto eternal life. Bless my family, friends & kindred unite us all in praising & glorifying thee in all our works begun, continued, and ended, when we shall come to make our last account before thee blessed Saviour, who hath taught us thus to pray, our Father.
edit on 21-10-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Again, do you understand the difference between someone like Washington having a personal belief and someone presenting credible evidence? If a physicist says "I believe god exists" he didn't prove it...yet when he says "this object will fall at terminal velocity after XYZ seconds" is a fact as he can actually prove it through objective evidence.

And the founding fathers made it very clear that they didn't want religion to meddle in government and laws. So even if some of them were theists or Christians, those were personal beliefs they didn't want to foce upon others. The US isn't a theocracy!! Read the constitution and bill of rights

You might not like atheists, sad day for you...because the laws and founding fathers would laugh at your bigotry

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join