Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Go read 1 Corinthians 5, just go read all of 1 Corinthians and then explain your own made up opinions in light of what scripture actually teaches.

All those LOL and the reality is you havnt a clue what you are talking about, no idea at all.

Yeah...imagine that. You guys all "believe" in a book that contradicts itself every third sentence.
edit on 14-10-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by borntowatch

What right do you have to judge atheists?

I have every right to judge atheists, I dont have a right to condemn them.
You going to suggest that Christians are to remain completely non judgemental here? I hope not because that will show a flaw in your logic and comprehension of Christian doctrine.

Please dont pretend you know what you are talking about, it looks silly.
and Its already been discussed only a few pages back.

Actually...your "god" seems quite adamant that you do NOT have the right to judge or even criticize anyone else for ANY reason whatsoever. See my previous posts w/ the extensive listing of specific bible passages in which your god has specifically instructed you NOT to be acting as you are.

Looks like you answered your own question, huh? Yes...there ARE bigger hypocrites than Atheists...borntowatch is one of them.

Oh no, my poor feelings, how shall I ever recover. I must go to my room and cry because some internet anonymous hates me because I believe that atheists are hypocrits, whoa is me, poor me.

I never saw your posts and aint going to search 20 pages for your tired ill informed beliefs

I never said I hated you. I'm just accurately pointing out that you are being extremely hypocritical and the god you claim to believe in says that you do not have the moral right to criticize or judge anyone else.

Of course...I think that the bible is silly nonsense. But your the "believer"...so start acting like it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Go read 1 Corinthians 5, just go read all of 1 Corinthians and then explain your own made up opinions in light of what scripture actually teaches.

All those LOL and the reality is you havnt a clue what you are talking about, no idea at all.

Yeah...imagine that. You guys all "believe" in a book that contradicts itself every third sentence.
edit on 14-10-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

I dont claim the bible states I dont have a right to criticise or judge, YOU STATE THAT Stop placing your beliefs on me.
I stated the bible teaches I can criticise and judge. Enough with your ignorant rantings
You dont know what you are talking about.

Is the bible contradictory, every third sentence.

I guess you didnt read 1 Corinthians, you are ignorant and preach ignorance. You are a religious preacher teaching the bible and you dont know what it states.
You say the bible teaches this as if you were a biblical teacher. You are wrong. You dont know what it teaches, by your own words you condemn yourself as ignorant.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

And you are rude.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I dont claim the bible states I dont have a right to criticise or judge, YOU STATE THAT Stop placing your beliefs on me.

Incorrect. Your god stated that in the book which you profess to worship. On pages 21-23 of this thread I copied roughly 100 or so direct, verbatim quotes from your Holy Book which expressly state in a myriad of different ways that your god does not allow you to judge or criticize others. For any reason. Ever.

Stop being so lazy. Take a little time to either read your own religious text or the verbatim biblical passages which I posted for your convenience here in this thread.

As for myself...I don't care WHAT you believe or don't believe. I'm just giving you a heads up so you don't wind up in this "hell" thing you believe in. Remember...it's your SkyDaddy saying these things...not me.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

And you are rude.

No doubt. As well as very poorly educated.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

And you are rude.

Oh no I have been pwnd

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

And you are rude.

Oh no I have been pwnd

He/she's got better. Run away...run away.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Incorrect. Your god stated that in the book which you profess to worship. On pages 21-23 of this thread I copied roughly 100 or so direct, verbatim quotes from your Holy Book which expressly state in a myriad of different ways that your god does not allow you to judge or criticize others. For any reason. Ever.

Stop being so lazy. Take a little time to either read your own religious text or the verbatim biblical passages which I posted for your convenience here in this thread.

As for myself...I don't care WHAT you believe or don't believe. I'm just giving you a heads up so you don't wind up in this "hell" thing you believe in. Remember...it's your SkyDaddy saying these things...not me.

For somebody who doesnt know the bible you have quoted a lot. Clearly if you read the context of those verses you would realise how irrelevant they are to your argument.
You dont so you cant.
Copying and pasting from an atheist site doesnt make you right, it makes you a copier and paster.
Its about context, you missed that.

Lets take a look at only the first quote shall we. Are you or any other atheist my brother in Christ?
Missed that bit did you?
Your argument fails consistently because you dont understand the context.
Oops
edit on 15-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You mock because you have nothing more constructive to say.

You could be a true Christian and provide quotes from the Bible to back up your belief that you have the right to judge atheists. Instead you call into question quotes posted by others and claim they're out of context and that we don't understand them. If that is the case then explain them to us quote by quote.

This isn't a competition. It isn't a game to see who gets in the last clever jibe. Discuss the issue like adults, like true Christians would.
edit on 10/15/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Lets take a look at only the first quote shall we. Are you or any other atheist my brother in Christ?
Missed that bit did you?
Oops

I think you missed the part where all the different denominations all pronouncing themselves to be "brothers in Christ" disagree and teach different nuances and place emphasis on varying parts of the Bible. In effect, you have a dozen different messages circulating through the country. And here's where it gets interesting: if you were to ask any one of them, they would point to the rest and say, "Oh, THEY'RE the ones who are mistaken. We share the true message of Jesus."

So which one do we trust? My answer: none of them, because they are men, and men are more fallible than infallible. And between a familiar lie and a terrible truth, which one will they choose? History tells us THAT answer quite clearly, I think.

And the rebuttal is always "you don't understand the context". The context? You mean the context that is interpreted a dozen different ways from here to next Tuesday because no one can see past their own ignorance? Remove your blindfold, brother, and recognize that you are glorifying a story book from over a thousand years ago. More to the point, it deliberately sets us up so half of the people choose zealotry and half the people choose a liberal standpoint.

I don't know how else to say this, but IT'S A ****ING TRAP. It utilizes our nature to turn us against one another in the name of righteousness using a device that we can never disprove AND appeals to the most core part of our desires. Check the link in my signature and see if I'm wrong, yeah? I've posted the Dummies version of why we have a "God" that can do anything but actually does nothing. In all the places and times where the most good could have been affected....nada. Zilch. Must have been his day off, eh? No resonsibility over a world he apprently created to glorify himself, but he's more than content to let his servants destroy each other? Insanity. I've already explained it, you just refuse to listen because you're terrified to set one foot outside of your comfort zones. How will you ever fly if you never leave your little nest?

The fact is, in all of the history I have ever learned, I have never seen a force more divisive and contradictory than religion. And your Christianity takes first prize in that race. Call atheism a seething cesspit of hypocrisy if you want, but at least they claim responsibility for their mistakes AND their fate. They don't blame it on figments of imagination, and if they see the world burning, they recognize the need to fix it, even if they don't necessarily jump from their seats.

Meanwhile, back at the altar, the Christians are still waiting for Jesus "Baumgartner" Christ to fall from the sky and cure the world with a wave of his hand. "Oh hey guys, am I late?"

Nope...over 400 quadrillion dead due to your daddy's negligence, but we'll be okay. Just go back to what you were doing, we'll be done blowing each other up here in about...let's say...a couple hundred years. Come back when we're done destroying the earth.
edit on 15-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I never called atheism a seething pit of hypocrisy

Understand just that one simple point, I just posed a question.

A simple yes, no or maybe would have been sufficient, rather than the hissy fit fest we have here

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You bring nothing to the table but barely veiled insults. You don't merit further attention from anyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No, you implied a point that has been elaborated upon by numerous ignorant buffoons years before your time.

"Are you my brother in Christ? No? Then you're an idiot and I'm right." That's the implied tone. I was calling you on it, and even if that wasn't your intention, there are more than a couple on this thread who needed to read what I posted.

If there are ANY mature minds on this thread, you should know where I'm coming from. But that's the problem: more and more, I'm becoming convinced that vanity is our fountain of youth - we grow younger and younger every decade, preferring the simple life over what's true.

And we wonder why Mr. Holmes went crazy. Perhaps if we weren't so busy burying our heads in the sand, we'd be able to relate to his nervous breakdown.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Morals come from society...not religion

That's why killing is wrong in the US, and it's also wrong in countries that aren't Christian...

What a nonsense thread...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Morals come from society...not religion

That's why killing is wrong in the US, and it's also wrong in countries that aren't Christian...

What a nonsense thread...

Morals come from God.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

God, as he is known now, was not a factor in the life of early man. The "God" concept emerged later as man developed advanced communication and methods of myth to explain what scared him in nature.

Man refrained from certain behaviors because it benefited him not to murder the neighbor with whom he could hunt or steal something from him and thereby ruin that bond.

Morals arose in early "society" as a matter of necessity.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

For somebody who doesnt know the bible you have quoted a lot.

Ok...besides the unsupported allegation...do you have any specific criticism to back up your claim that I allegedly "don't understand the bible".

Clearly if you read the context of those verses you would realise how irrelevant they are to your argument.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Explain how I "don't understand the context" of each and every one of those bible passages. After all...don't you believe that your god wants you to "spread the word" or "share the good news" or some such nonsense? You should have no problem taking the time necessary to educate me so that you can "save" me....unless of course you are simply too lazy to do put in so much time for jesus.

Copying and pasting from an atheist site doesnt make you right, it makes you a copier and paster.
Its about context, you missed that.

Actually...they came from a christian site called "openbible.com". The site's "mission" is to treat biblical data as though it's factual and more it more accessible for all of us heretics. They even go so far as to geocode the places referenced and display it on Google Maps. These are your sort of people...not mine.

See for yourself. Here is the link: www.openbible.info...

Missed that bit did you?

I didn't miss anything. You simply took the liberty to second-guess your "god" and add the words "...in Christ". Matthew 7:1-5 doesn't say ANYTHING about "brothers" being only Christians. No surprise really...since when Matthew allegedly wrote this there was no such thing as a "Christian"...only a bunch of Jews running around liked what this other Jew named Jesus had to say. Excluding those people who were not "christians" would have meant that Matthew was excluding everybody on planet earth except for the twelve apostles and arguably a handful of other groupies like Mary Magdalene and Ma and Pa Christ, right? The bible is pretty clear that most of the other characters in the New Testament are either Jews or Romans, right?

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

You know...this statement doesn't automatically become true just because you keep repeating. Let's go one by one through those biblical passages so you can explain to me how I allegedly "don't understand the context". Don't be so lazy...you're doing it for "jesus"...remember?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You mock because you have nothing more constructive to say.

You could be a true Christian and provide quotes from the Bible to back up your belief that you have the right to judge atheists. Instead you call into question quotes posted by others and claim they're out of context and that we don't understand them. If that is the case then explain them to us quote by quote.

This isn't a competition. It isn't a game to see who gets in the last clever jibe. Discuss the issue like adults, like true Christians would.
edit on 10/15/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

HA! In borntowatch's defense I would assert that he is discussing it just like a "true christian" would. With a whole of overly generalized blanket statements that cannot be backed up by the religious text which he has not ever read...or at the very best by picking and choosing the passages he wishes to pay attention to and ignoring the one's that conflict with whatever it is he wishes "god said" about things today.

I've never met a christian who has been able to do anything more.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

God, as he is known now, was not a factor in the life of early man. The "God" concept emerged later as man developed advanced communication and methods of myth to explain what scared him in nature.

Man refrained from certain behaviors because it benefited him not to murder the neighbor with whom he could hunt or steal something from him and thereby ruin that bond.

Morals arose in early "society" as a matter of necessity.

God had a relationship with Adam and Eve. He started to teach them right and wrong early on. He taught that murder was wrong after the first murder occurred.

new topics
top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join