It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

James 1:26
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

Romans 14:1
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

Titus 3:2-7
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, ...

1 Corinthians 2:15
The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.

Romans 12:16-19
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Matthew 7:1-6
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. ...

Romans 2:3
Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

Isaiah 11:3
And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear,

Galatians 6:1
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Galatians 6:1-6
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. For each will have to bear his own load. ...

Galatians 5:22-6:5
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. ...

1 Peter 3:8-12
Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

continued in next post…AGAIN!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

1 John 3:17
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

1 Peter 4:8-9
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.

1 Corinthians 6:1-6
When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, ...

John 3:16-17
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Psalm 1:1-6
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; ...

2 Timothy 2:24-26
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Leviticus 19:15
“You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

James 1:19-22
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

1 John 4:11-12
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

James 3:17
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

Titus 2:11-15
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

Colossians 3:12-15
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

WE'RE NOT DONE YET…THE BIBLE STILL HAS A LOT MORE TO SAY ABOUT NOT JUDGING OTHERS!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

2 Timothy 2:21-23
Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work. So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels.

Romans 12:9-11
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.

Luke 18:10-14
“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-16
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always,

Romans 12:20-21
To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Psalm 15:1-5
A Psalm of David. O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent? Who shall dwell on your holy hill? He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart; who does not slander with his tongue and does no evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; in whose eyes a vile person is despised, but who honors those who fear the Lord; who swears to his own hurt and does not change; who does not put out his money at interest and does not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved.

1 Peter 2:1-4
So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious,

2 Timothy 3:5-6
Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions,

Isaiah 53:1-12
Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. ...

Matthew 18:15-17
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

Guess what?? Your "god" STILL HAS EVEN MORE REASONS why all you "believers" need to stop judging gays, women, Muslims, atheists, and everyone else who disagrees with you!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

1 John 4:1-3
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

2 Timothy 3:14-17
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Ezekiel 22:2
“And you, son of man, will you judge, will you judge the bloody city? Then declare to her all her abominations.

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

2 Peter 1:5-7
For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

Philippians 2:1-4
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Romans 12:13-15
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Matthew 12:36-37
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

1 John 4:7-10
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

2 Peter 2:9
Then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment,

Hebrews 10:25
Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

2 Timothy 1:14
By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you.

Ephesians 4:1-6
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, ...

James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

James 1:25
But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

1 Corinthians 5:12
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

BUT WAIT…there's MORE!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Matthew 9:11
And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

2 Peter 1:8-10
For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

1 Peter 3:13
Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good?

James 5:19-20
My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

1 Corinthians 5:1-3
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing.

John 13:1-21:25
Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end. During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him, Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going back to God, rose from supper. He laid aside his outer garments, and taking a towel, tied it around his waist. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped around him. ...

Psalm 35:1-28
Of David. Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me! Take hold of shield and buckler and rise for my help! Draw the spear and javelin against my pursuers! Say to my soul, “I am your salvation!” Let them be put to shame and dishonor who seek after my life! Let them be turned back and disappointed who devise evil against me! Let them be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the Lord driving them away! ...

2 Thessalonians 3:13
As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good.

Isaiah 1:1-31
The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth; for the Lord has spoken: “Children have I reared and brought up, but they have rebelled against me. The ox knows its owner, and the donkey its master's crib, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand.” Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, offspring of evildoers, children who deal corruptly! They have forsaken the Lord, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are utterly estranged. Why will you still be struck down? Why will you continue to rebel? The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. ...

John 12:46-48
I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

John 12:48
The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Guess what?? We STILL aren't done!!! Your SkyDaddy still has more reasons why you guys shouldn't concern yourselves whatsoever with what other people do, say, or think.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Isaiah 53:1-6
Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. ...

Proverbs 19:1-29
Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool. Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way. When a man's folly brings his way to ruin, his heart rages against the Lord. Wealth brings many new friends, but a poor man is deserted by his friend. A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape. ...

Psalm 18:1-50
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, the servant of the Lord, who addressed the words of this song to the Lord on the day when the Lord rescued him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said: I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death encompassed me; the torrents of destruction assailed me; the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me. ...

1 Timothy 5:13
Besides that, they learn to be idlers, going about from house to house, and not only idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying what they should not.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 1:29
They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,

John 8:15-16
You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Romans 16:17
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

Proverbs 20:19
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.

James 4:11
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

1 Corinthians 7:8-9
To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

John 12:37-50
Though he had done so many signs before them, they still did not believe in him, so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: “Lord, who has believed what he heard from us, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said, “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.” Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him. ...

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

So...I hope this answers borntowatch's question of whether or not there are bigger hypocrites than atheists. Empirically speaking and by borntowatch's own admission since atheists purportedly "don't believe in anything" it is therefore materially impossible for an atheist to be a hypocrite.

Conversely, it seems pretty clear to me that if you guys want to continue being so judgemental of others you're only option is renounce your faith in jesus and god...correct?

That's what "the bible" would indicate.

So c'mon hypocrites...put your money where your mouth is. Show us all how you guys are less hypocritical than the guys you claim simply CANNOT be hypocrites because they "don't believe in anything".

Oh...and CHECKMATE.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
reply to post by truejew

So what? You guys are the one's whose SkyDaddy says you will go to hell for being judgmental a^^hats. Here's what your own religious texts say about it:

You do not have an understanding of what the Scriptures you have posted say.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just my .02 cents. Every Atheist I have ever met always and I mean always brings up Christianity and insults it, is always offensive and very rude, but somehow is afraid to insult Islam, wonder why? Atheism is very dangerous and Atheists are just cowards, but what I have learned is that they are actually very sad people that no one likes, they have no families, they don't spend celebrate any holidays with families, all they do is offend people and their religions and spread their bull#. I actually now believe, after meeting some Atheists (even a Professor at a certain University) they are all sad human beings, mostly cowards whom daddy and mommy never loved.
edit on 14-10-2012 by promenion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by borntowatch

What right do you have to judge atheists?

I have every right to judge atheists, I dont have a right to condemn them.
You going to suggest that Christians are to remain completely non judgemental here? I hope not because that will show a flaw in your logic and comprehension of Christian doctrine.

Please dont pretend you know what you are talking about, it looks silly.
and Its already been discussed only a few pages back.

Actually...your "god" seems quite adamant that you do NOT have the right to judge or even criticize anyone else for ANY reason whatsoever. See my previous posts w/ the extensive listing of specific bible passages in which your god has specifically instructed you NOT to be acting as you are.

Looks like you answered your own question, huh? Yes...there ARE bigger hypocrites than Atheists...borntowatch is one of them.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

So what? You guys are the one's whose SkyDaddy says you will go to hell for being judgmental a^^hats. Here's what your own religious texts say about it:

You do not have an understanding of what the Scriptures you have posted say.

...says the guy who still can't wrap his head around why a "trinitarian" simply cannot be a "polytheist". Sorry buddy...you lose.

Badly, I might add.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by promenion
Just my .02 cents. Every Atheist I have ever met always and I mean always brings up Christianity and insults it, is always offensive and very rude, but somehow is afraid to insult Islam, wonder why?

Well...lets fix that problem for you. I'm an atheist and I think christians and muslims are equally insane.
There. Now you've met an atheist who doesn't discriminate against you as you claim they do.

Happy now?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm not reading 20 pages of posts.

If you think being a Christian gives you the right to judge other people you're nuts. You're own religion says you aren't to judge or you'll be judged yourself.

THAT is the height of hypocrisy.

Christianity isn't the be-all end-all religion. Frankly, I'd trust a Buddhist before I'd trust a Christian. At least they practice what they preach and they don't going around stabbing everyone in the back for oil.

The "Christian" in the White House? He just helped destabilize the ME.

I'm with you on all counts. In fact...I posted an extensive list of bible passages that specifically state that christians DO NOT have the right, authority, or moral imperative to judge or even criticize any human being at all under any and all circumstances.

You know what I got back in response?

A single post from "truejew" stating that I "just don't understand".

What a brilliant comeback, huh?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Frankly, I don't think they "get" their own religion. I've found them to be largely ignorant about the book they throw at people.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

...says the guy who still can't wrap his head around why a "trinitarian" simply cannot be a "polytheist". Sorry buddy...you lose.

Badly, I might add.

Trinitarians are polytheists. They have three gods who speak to each other.

Your interpretation on the Scriptures you posted is incorrect. Your interpretation would cause the five-fold ministry to not be able to operate.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by promenion
Just my .02 cents. Every Atheist I have ever met always and I mean always brings up Christianity and insults it, is always offensive and very rude, but somehow is afraid to insult Islam, wonder why? Atheism is very dangerous and Atheists are just cowards, but what I have learned is that they are actually very sad people that no one likes, they have no families, they don't spend celebrate any holidays with families, all they do is offend people and their religions and spread their bull#. I actually now believe, after meeting some Atheists (even a Professor at a certain University) they are all sad human beings, mostly cowards whom daddy and mommy never loved.
edit on 14-10-2012 by promenion because: (no reason given)

I would suggest about 5% of the atheists I meet act that way.
For the most part I dont have any problems with ant atheists, there seems to be a fundamentalist extreme minority who have some issues.
The majority of atheists I know understand and accept my Christian views and are more than happy to to live alongside most people.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm not reading 20 pages of posts.

If you think being a Christian gives you the right to judge other people you're nuts. You're own religion says you aren't to judge or you'll be judged yourself.

THAT is the height of hypocrisy.

Christianity isn't the be-all end-all religion. Frankly, I'd trust a Buddhist before I'd trust a Christian. At least they practice what they preach and they don't going around stabbing everyone in the back for oil.

The "Christian" in the White House? He just helped destabilize the ME.

I'm with you on all counts. In fact...I posted an extensive list of bible passages that specifically state that christians DO NOT have the right, authority, or moral imperative to judge or even criticize any human being at all under any and all circumstances.

You know what I got back in response?

A single post from "truejew" stating that I "just don't understand".

What a brilliant comeback, huh?

Go read 1 Corinthians 5, just go read all of 1 Corinthians and then explain your own made up opinions in light of what scripture actually teaches.

All those LOL and the reality is you havnt a clue what you are talking about, no idea at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by milominderbinder

Frankly, I don't think they "get" their own religion. I've found them to be largely ignorant about the book they throw at people.

I would agree with that comment
Irrespective though its very clear that the average atheist has no idea at all what Christianity teaches, not largely but completely ignorant, and its from that platform, you and the hissy fit brigade judge.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

What right do you have to judge atheists?

I have every right to judge atheists, I dont have a right to condemn them.
You going to suggest that Christians are to remain completely non judgemental here? I hope not because that will show a flaw in your logic and comprehension of Christian doctrine.

Please dont pretend you know what you are talking about, it looks silly.
and Its already been discussed only a few pages back.

Actually...your "god" seems quite adamant that you do NOT have the right to judge or even criticize anyone else for ANY reason whatsoever. See my previous posts w/ the extensive listing of specific bible passages in which your god has specifically instructed you NOT to be acting as you are.

Looks like you answered your own question, huh? Yes...there ARE bigger hypocrites than Atheists...borntowatch is one of them.

Oh no, my poor feelings, how shall I ever recover. I must go to my room and cry because some internet anonymous hates me because I believe that atheists are hypocrits, whoa is me, poor me.

I never saw your posts and aint going to search 20 pages for your tired ill informed beliefs

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

See, you're still assuming I'm an atheist. I'm not, but there is a very good reason I vehemently defend atheists.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

We've already talked about that. Go back and re-read the thread until you understand it. The Doctrine of the Trinity states that there are three ASPECTS of a single god. That's why it's called the TRIUNE GOD!! Why do you have such a hard time understanding this very, very, VERY, simple concept? Just pick up a dictionary and look up the term. If you talked to somebody who thinks that they are 3 separate entities...then you are talking to a NONTRINITARIAN.

Your interpretation on the Scriptures you posted is incorrect.

Care to actually back up this statement with something material...or are you just going to keep repeating the same one-liner in an effort to convince those who are too lazy to read that you somehow know what your talking about.

Your interpretation would cause the five-fold ministry to not be able to operate.

Nonsense. Of course it could still operate. There are no laws in this country to prevent hypocrites from robbing semi-literate peasant-folk of their hard earned money in the name of "god". In fact, scams, marketing gimmicks, religious fanaticism, and willful ignorance are ALL rich American traditions.

It's what this country was built on.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join