It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I'm not reading 20 pages of posts.

If you think being a Christian gives you the right to judge other people you're nuts. You're own religion says you aren't to judge or you'll be judged yourself.

THAT is the height of hypocrisy.

Christianity isn't the be-all end-all religion. Frankly, I'd trust a Buddhist before I'd trust a Christian. At least they practice what they preach and they don't going around stabbing everyone in the back for oil.

The "Christian" in the White House? He just helped destabilize the ME.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

I'm not reading 20 pages of posts.

If you think being a Christian gives you the right to judge other people you're nuts. You're own religion says you aren't to judge or you'll be judged yourself.

THAT is the height of hypocrisy.

Christianity isn't the be-all end-all religion. Frankly, I'd trust a Buddhist before I'd trust a Christian. At least they practice what they preach and they don't going around stabbing everyone in the back for oil.

The "Christian" in the White House? He just helped destabilize the ME.

Are you judging borntowatch for judging?

Mr. Obama is not a Christian.
edit on 13-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Obama claims to be Christian.

I'm not judging. I'm stating my opinion. Even if I was judging, who cares?

"Born" seems to feel himself in a superior position to atheists because he believes. He isn't. We all sit to take a crap.

If he wants to feel superior maybe he should hang out with a few jailhouse Christians for a while, gain a little perspective.

No one is above anyone else in this place. We are all animals in a zoo.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Obama claims to be Christian.

Mr. Obama's claims are false. His fruit is the evidence.

I'm not judging.

I think you are.

Anyway, your interpretation of the words of Jesus are incorrect.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Let's count the facts:

1. You don't believe in the Trinity

2. You accuse all of the Christians in this nation to be liars.

3. You say, despite your obvious contradictions to the Bible, you are a "true Christian"

4. You are so enlightened, you are able to tell people, "Your view is wrong" or "your view is right".

Essentially, you are the kind of Christian that gives Christianity a bad name. And people wonder why atheists choose to leave the whole religion game alone? This is why. Because of all the facts listed above.

Atheists are hypocrites? Maybe, but they can at least admit their errors sometimes. Christians just degrade themselves and ask the thin air for forgiveness, then go right back to be pretentious a-holes. And just like those Christians, you are just incapable of admitting you're wrong, or that you don't know. You want something to condemn? Look to your own personal vanity. It reeks. You are just as vain as the atheists in the world, so in my book, none of you Christians have any room to talk. NONE.

edit on 13-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

If I am, and I don't think I am, what of it?

I don't have any hangups about telling the truth about what I see going on here.

"Born" thinks he's special because he believes. There's no other way to look at it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

If I am, and I don't think I am, what of it?

I don't have any hangups about telling the truth about what I see going on here.

"Born" thinks he's special because he believes. There's no other way to look at it.

You are judging borntowatch for judging others. Is that something a hypocrite would do?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

If pointing out the truth is hypocrisy then I'm a hypocrite.

BUT IT'S STILL THE TRUTH.

P.S.: Are you assuming I'm an atheist?
edit on 10/13/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by truejew

Let's count the facts:

1. You don't believe in the Trinity

The trinity was not taught by Jesus, the Apostles, or those of the true Church who followed.

2. You accuse all of the Christians in this nation to be liars.

Not true. There are some who are not.

3. You say, despite your obvious contradictions to the Bible, you are a "true Christian"

There are no contradictions between what I teach and the Bible.

4. You are so enlightened, you are able to tell people, "Your view is wrong" or "your view is right".

It is the Holy Spirit who teaches me.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I've never had an atheist preach to me, try to convert me, knock on my door early Saturday morning, or tell me that I'm a sinner who's going to burn in hell for all eternity simply because I have different beliefs. Atheist aren't actively trying to change laws to restrict my rights, they don't tell me that my place as a woman is to be subservient to a man, and the ones that I have encountered seem to be truly good people who do things because it's the right thing to do, and not because they're afraid of eternal damnation and punishment at the hands of an all loving god.

I respect that.

I starred your post for that, Vixen, and agree completely. I know more than a few Atheist folks, and they never, never try to get me to believe as they do. Never do they say I need to change my own religious ways, nor do they tell me tall tales about some imaginary punishment place and ultimate author of evil.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

What right do you have to judge atheists?

I have every right to judge atheists, I dont have a right to condemn them.
You going to suggest that Christians are to remain completely non judgemental here? I hope not because that will show a flaw in your logic and comprehension of Christian doctrine.

Please dont pretend you know what you are talking about, it looks silly.
and Its already been discussed only a few pages back.

John 7:24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

We have to make righteous judgements against evil.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

John 7:24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

Human beings are one of the least righteous species on the planet, so that theory goes straight into the trash as far as I'm concerned. Why do we even need to judge? What's the point to judging? "I feel this way about what you did, so that means my opinion or my perspective is more important than anyone else's and you should pay for it."

It's completely ridiculous. Maybe if we focused less on judging and more on understanding, we would find ourselves judging less and less and understanding more and more. Which is better, judgment or understanding? Understanding breeds compassion, judgment breeds contempt.

Do the math.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread so please help me out here. Is this an "atheism is evil" thing or an "atheists aren't capable of recognizing evil" thing?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I haven't read the whole thread so please help me out here. Is this an "atheism is evil" thing or an "atheists aren't capable of recognizing evil" thing?

But you comment like you know everything
As arrogant as you accuse me is as arrogant as I see you. I have never suggested I am better, if you perceive me as better let that be a reflection based on your judgement of yourself.
This thread is about righteous hypocritical atheists who brow beat Christians and preach their atheist faith at us all the time

Funny, couple of people state atheists dont preach, hell they dont, some fundamental atheists are far more preachy that most Christians.

I notice you aint moaning about this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is an atheists are as bad as those they accuse of being bad thread, you just brought your little hissy fit along for the ride.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Human beings are one of the least righteous species on the planet, so that theory goes straight into the trash as far as I'm concerned. Why do we even need to judge? What's the point to judging? "I feel this way about what you did, so that means my opinion or my perspective is more important than anyone else's and you should pay for it."

It's completely ridiculous. Maybe if we focused less on judging and more on understanding, we would find ourselves judging less and less and understanding more and more. Which is better, judgment or understanding? Understanding breeds compassion, judgment breeds contempt.

Do the math.

We judge so we dont put ourselves or loved ones in dangerous, silly situations.

Dont hang around that person, they drink heavily and drive.
That person treats women as objects, be careful.
That person is prone to violence and has a short temper.
That person runs with a bad crowd and they may influence you to do the wrong thing, you could get in trouble or hurt

You do the maths, is common sense that rare these days. Whats the value of respect and trust if we dont utilise them

Lets not judge Obama and make him President again, lets not judge Kim Jong-un of NK and welcome him as an allie, Kony- his alright, wont judge him either. Ahmadinejad can be a little disruptive but lets not judge him either

Did someone say do the maths???

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I didn't have a "hissy fit". I asked some questions.

I was not arrogant, but you certainly are.

Get a grip. Take a pill. See a psychiatrist.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

There you go judging again.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

No you had a hissy fit and then some, you started carrying on attacking me calling me names. Funny thing is truejew and I are opposed theologically and we can discuss things like adults, you show up, hissy fit and all and carry on like a two bob watch.

You didnt start by asking questions you just ranted.

You need the chill pill, this thread was just a simple parody to the atheist thread that was also a hissy fit

Are there bigger hypocrites on this planet than atheists??? Its a question, you assume that its a statement, you had a hissy fit.
I didnt answer the question just posed it. Listen (or re-read) to yourself

Grow up.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, seems you want to deny the filth in your own atheist backyard, they are in the horse race as well, and a long way out in front

We've already been over this in this same exact thread. No matter how many times you stomp your feet at try claiming that these guys were atheists...it won't change these facts.

1. Stalin founded the Russian Orthodox Church. If he's an "atheist" then so was Martin Luther, John Calvin, Henry VIII, and St. Peter...because they ALSO all founded their own christian churches.

2. Mao's Little Red Book (written by Mao himself) expressly states that the existence of "god" is an undeniable and material fact and his existence is treated as though it's a given.

3. Pol Pot was a confused mixture of Catholicism, Theravedic Buddhism, and ancient Khmer beliefs and perhaps one of the most notoriously superstitious dictators in history. Indeed, he only turned AGAINST Theravedic Buddhism AFTER the official Buddhist religious institution wouldn't go along and/or encourage his lunacy...thus proving my point that Pol Pot was neither an atheist AND that the Buddhists should at least get a little credit for not jumping on the genocidal bandwagon like all of the other world religions do...but ESPECIALLY Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

While granted many religions cause violence and death, Christianity is one of the few that teach that violence and death are not acceptable.

Yeah...they "teach it"...they just rarely if ever "PRACTICE IT". Aside from a handful of fringe Christian sects such as the Amish and the Quakers no other religious tradition has caused ANYWHERE EVEN CLOSE to the suffering, death, torture, enslavement, and oppression that christianity has....and that INCLUDES ISLAM. Granted...these days the Muslims as a whole are a bit nuttier...but in the historical context they seem downright enlightened compared to christians.

Atheism and evolution can teach death and has many times.

Show me where Darwin, Dawkins, Sagan, Einstein, or Chomsky ever advocated ethnic cleansing, enslavement, or institutionally supported oppression. I dare you.

Buddhism steals human life, we were not created to be slaves to religion like Buddhism teaches.
Buddhism takes away the freedom of action and makes people submit to evil authority

This last one was the single most ignorant statement I've ever heard in my life. Have you ever read a Buddhist text or met a Buddhist? Remember...just a couple of posts ago you thought that a Shinto was a Buddhist. You have absolutely no academic or real-life experience to even understand WTF you are talking about.

Granted...I don't consider Buddhists to be fully sane. They believe in magical supernatural forces, after all. But at least I can respect the Buddhists for making an ATTEMPT to be decent human beings.

That's a lot more than I can say for the institutions of christianity, islam, judaism, and hinduism...that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

So what? You guys are the one's whose SkyDaddy says you will go to hell for being judgmental a^^hats. Here's what your own religious texts say about it:

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

James 4:11-12
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Romans 2:1-3
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Romans 14:1-13
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:1-2
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

John 8:7
And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Matthew 7:1
“Judge not, that you be not judged.

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 7:1-29
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. ...

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 31:9
Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Luke 6:37-42
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” He also told them a parable: “Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? ...

continued in next post

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join