Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My point was that christians are pissing in the pool along with the rest of us, which is why they need to ditch the holier than thou, "my answer is the only correct answer" mentality.

We may well be pissing in the same pool but the whole thread is based on the atheist holier than thou attitude.
Indeed many Christians are fundamental but many atheists are as well.
I think that needs to be recognised

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hypocritical attitudes are a function of humanity not spirituality.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

We may well be pissing in the same pool but the whole thread is based on the atheist holier than thou attitude.
Indeed many Christians are fundamental but many atheists are as well.
I think that needs to be recognised

The thread is based on the atheist holier than thou attitude, but ironically, the thread, in itself, is a perfect example of the christian holier than thou attitude. Starting a thread calling atheists hypocrites is hardly what I would call a "Christ like topic," and serves no purpose except to breed negativity, hostility and conflict. Is that how Christ wanted his followers to conduct themselves? If not, than hypocrisy would be calling yourself a follower of Christ but doing things that he would have frowned upon.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

The thread is based on the atheist holier than thou attitude, but ironically, the thread, in itself, is a perfect example of the christian holier than thou attitude. Starting a thread calling atheists hypocrites is hardly what I would call a "Christ like topic," and serves no purpose except to breed negativity, hostility and conflict. Is that how Christ wanted his followers to conduct themselves? If not, than hypocrisy would be calling yourself a follower of Christ but doing things that he would have frowned upon.

You would wouldnt you, cept this thread was meant as a parody of an atheist argument and look at the response.
Shame, shame, shame

The stupid thing is atheists think Christians are perfect, that in itself is dumb.
The negativity and hostility is there and wont abate, it grows on the back of the atheist holier than thou attitude,

Where does that come from is the question I asked

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

the back of the atheist holier than thou attitude

Am I the only one who finds this funny? Atheists don't necessarily believe themselves to be of greater quality, character wise...they may believe themselves to be more informed, but that's still understandable.

'Holier than thou' is an ironic phrase to use with atheism, and I would speculate that perhaps it isn't entirely accurate. Why do you believe them to have this attitude?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Christianity IS pagan in origin. Most of the Christian holidays and rituals are based in paganism.

You say true Christianity is meant to spread the word. Sure, but doesn't the Bible encourage condemnation of any who do not follow the doctrine? The worst mistake was encouraging man to impress the message upon the world. Did they not know what would happen? All of our long history of trying to fix what wasn't broken until it was so broken we couldn't fix it?

It was a trap from the beginning. In fact, it was intended for THAT era, not ours. Something that was written 2000 years ago still applies? Perhaps only because we have not yet learned our lesson - the lesson of vanity.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by truejew

Christianity IS pagan in origin.

True Christianity is not pagan in origin.

Most of the Christian holidays and rituals are based in paganism.

True Christians do not celebrate pagan based holidays like Christmas and Easter.

You say true Christianity is meant to spread the word. Sure, but doesn't the Bible encourage condemnation of any who do not follow the doctrine?

True Christians don't condemn. We warn. It is sin and the rejection of our message that condemns.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Wait, wait...so you're saying 80% of America's Christians are actually FALSE Christians? Holy crap, this puts a new spin on it!!! What a hefty allegation - what's the response from the other Christians on this site, who do celebrate baptism and communion and Christmas and Easter and support the Holy Trinity? Because those are all pagan concepts, see...Christianity was not the first to use those ideas.

Apparently, since modern Christianity is obviously a product of butchering paganism for its own ends, you're going to swiftly excise all of the pagan aspects (thereby reducing Christianity to a lopsided skeleton) in an attempt to distance your beloved faith from its true birth? Despite that fact that Christianity has been celebrated with pagan rituals and traditions for centuries?

Is that what's happening here?
edit on 8-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Wait, wait...so you're saying 80% of America's Christians are actually FALSE Christians? Holy crap, this puts a new spin on it!!! What a hefty allegation - what's the response from the other Christians on this site, who do celebrate baptism and communion and Christmas and Easter and support the Holy Trinity? Because those are all pagan concepts, see...Christianity was not the first to use those ideas.

Baptism is Jewish in origin. Communion, not the Catholic/Protestant version, is not pagan in origin. Christmas, Easter, and the trinity is pagan in origin.

Despite that fact that Christianity has been celebrated with pagan rituals and traditions for centuries?

Real Christianity never has had pagan traditions.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You would wouldnt you, cept this thread was meant as a parody of an atheist argument and look at the response.
Shame, shame, shame

The stupid thing is atheists think Christians are perfect, that in itself is dumb.
The negativity and hostility is there and wont abate, it grows on the back of the atheist holier than thou attitude,

Shame for contributing to your 16 page thread that was meant as some sort of cryptic parody? It's our fault? Really?

Nobody expects christians to be perfect, but there is a general expectation that christians as a group should hold themselves to certain minimum standards, and if they want others to look past their imperfections, they should at least reciprocate rather than judge and flame. Look at your post... what words do you use? Hypocrite. Shame. Stupid. Dumb. If you attack others, don't be surprised when they attack back in self defense.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Like I said, hefty allegations, implying that half of America is a lying cesspit of heretics - according to your Bible, anyway.

Among the Sumerian sources mentioning rituals of consecration of water one cansee economic texts, Gudea cylinders, hymns to gods and temples, and also set of incantations, also Sumerian or bilingual.

Christian, eh? Here, let me give you the source:

www.academia.edu...

And now, let's look at the trinity:

This Trinity most likely comes from the Tamarean concepts of Atum Re, Atun-Re, and Amun-Re. Atum is equaled to "The Beginning" or "The Ascension", Atun is equaled to "The Apogee", or "Height" and Amun is equaled to "The Descent" or "End". There are many instances of Threefold Trinity based names in the Bible that in reality are Tamarean in origin.

www.nuwaubian-hotep.net...

So! You were saying?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The problem I have with most religions is that the various factions within the SAME RELIGION call themselves and each other different things. Frankly, I think that a TRUE Christian tries to live like Christ and follows the teachings of Christ.

I haven't seen a lot of Christ-like behavior from "Christians" here and damn little example in the real world.

At the very least, atheism isn't exclusive. Anyone can be one and you don't have to pay a tithe. You can't get kicked out of atheism and you only get to live once. If you want to enjoy your time here, treat others as you'd want to be treated and do the best you can to leave the world a better place after you're gone. You WILL make mistakes and instead of absolution from someone, you'll have to live with your mistakes and their consequences.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by borntowatch

the back of the atheist holier than thou attitude

Am I the only one who finds this funny? Atheists don't necessarily believe themselves to be of greater quality, character wise...they may believe themselves to be more informed, but that's still understandable.

'Holier than thou' is an ironic phrase to use with atheism, and I would speculate that perhaps it isn't entirely accurate. Why do you believe them to have this attitude?

Well please go and read the thread this parodies and I am sure you will see my point...maybe not.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Shame, shame, shame

Shame for contributing to your 16 page thread that was meant as some sort of cryptic parody? It's our fault? Really?

Nobody expects christians to be perfect, but there is a general expectation that christians as a group should hold themselves to certain minimum standards, and if they want others to look past their imperfections, they should at least reciprocate rather than judge and flame. Look at your post... what words do you use? Hypocrite. Shame. Stupid. Dumb. If you attack others, don't be surprised when they attack back in self defense.

and atheists have no minimum standard, dont have to look past imperfections, free to judge, as they do and so readily, Christians no less.
What a joke, and you think it cryptic.

I expect nothing from an atheist, nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Christianity IS pagan in origin. Most of the Christian holidays and rituals are based in paganism.

You say true Christianity is meant to spread the word. Sure, but doesn't the Bible encourage condemnation of any who do not follow the doctrine?

Where does the Bible encourage condemnation, is that an assumption???

Christianity s origins are based on the Jewish faith, they are anything but pagan.
The Catholics accepted pagan holy days and rituals, they are not Christian. Its common knowledge.
Hence the reformation and protestantism.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

and atheists have no minimum standard, dont have to look past imperfections, free to judge, as they do and so readily, Christians no less.
What a joke, and you think it cryptic.

I expect nothing from an atheist, nothing.

The christians are the ones demanding that everyone else play by their rules and live by the standards set forth in their bible. If you want others to follow those rules, you sure as hell should be willing to live by them yourself. Anything short of that would be outright hypocrisy. If you want others to look past your imperfections, you should be willing to look past theirs, and not condemn them to an eternity in hell for being human. Flaming people in this thread, then claiming that you should get a free pass because you're only human doesn't work.

What comes around goes around. Lead by example, and respect others. If everyone did that, we'd all lead much happier existences.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The christians are the ones demanding that everyone else play by their rules and live by the standards set forth in their bible. If you want others to follow those rules, you sure as hell should be willing to live by them yourself. Anything short of that would be outright hypocrisy. If you want others to look past your imperfections, you should be willing to look past theirs, and not condemn them to an eternity in hell for being human. Flaming people in this thread, then claiming that you should get a free pass because you're only human doesn't work.

What comes around goes around. Lead by example, and respect others. If everyone did that, we'd all lead much happier existences.

Well tell me, is there a Christian police force, a Christian court system, Christian prison. Do we have a presence everywhere and control your actions???
How do we demand that everyone plays by our rules, what evidence do you have
I am not asking for a free pass either, I just want to highlight the inconsistencies in the atheist argument.
I am a sinner, I dont deny that, I am not perfect, I dont judge you or condemn you and I dont set your standards. I dont condemn anyone to hell (thats Gods job, I dont want it), You got some baggage there, I didnt give it to you.

I dont demand you abide by any standards, not even those set by the government, its not my job.
What I do suggest is that you condemn Christians based on no standards, no standards that you apply to yourself

" Lead by example, and respect others. If everyone did that, we'd all lead much happier existences." is the whole point of this thread

Dont see you condemning atheists when they rant and wail at Christians, whys that.
Hypocrisy?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Like I said, hefty allegations, implying that half of America is a lying cesspit of heretics - according to your Bible, anyway.

Looking at the condition of America, how could one disagree?

Christian, eh? Here, let me give you the source:

Baptism is Jewish in origin. The Sumerians perverted it for their rituals.

And now, let's look at the trinity:

The trinity is not a Christian doctrine. Jesus and the Apostles did not teach the trinity. Even Tertullian, a heretic living around 200 AD, wrote that most Christians at that time were not trinitarian.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Protestant communion is symbology for taking Christ who is our bread of life into ourselves and "consuming" the Word spiritually, not the transubstantiation of Roman Catholicism which is they are literally eating him, not consuming his teachings. You're falsely misrepresenting christianity in a huge way.

Sumerians didn't corrupt the jewish baptism. Here's a little history lesson for you. Sumerians existed 2000 years before Abraham, and roughly 2400 years before Moses. Jews didn't even baptise until much much later and it was the Essenes who began that.

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Without a Trinity you're going to have a tough time explaining how Jesus prayed to himself in the garden of Gathsemane "not My will, but Your will be done". 2 wills denote 2 distinct individuals. You're also going to have a tough time explaining why he said "Eloi Eloi, lama sabacthani?" or "my God my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus being the Word of God, is also the Voice of God, the Voice crying in the wilderness. When the prophets heard God speak, it was the Son of God they were hearing.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The trinity is not a Christian doctrine. Jesus and the Apostles did not teach the trinity. Even Tertullian, a heretic living around 200 AD, wrote that most Christians at that time were not trinitarian.

What do the rest of the Christians on ATS have to say about this? Do they agree?

Baptism is Jewish in origin. The Sumerians perverted it for their rituals.

Sumeria preceded Christianity. Are you saying they were time travelers?

"Against stupidity even the gods contend in vain." - Friedrich Schiller

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join