Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by truejew

Well, you go ahead and think what you want. I guess when religion is one's complete and total focus in life, everything has a religious tinge.

You could say that all religious people have a god and all atheists don't.

Or, you could say all people have a god, some just call it football, or alcohol, or family, or work and career.

But atheists have no "bible" or text that all agree on, no meeting place to worship the nothingness together and reinforce their faith in and testify about the nothingness. They don't spend their lives contemplating the nothingness, talking about the nothingness and praying to the nothingness.

...or sending their children off to die for absolutely nothing either, I might add.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by Kritter

And you know Jesus said all this how exactly?

Uhmm because its recorded from history
You know everything historical is recorded. You deny all written history or just that stuff you dont want to agree with?
Petty silly argument, next you will deny Christ as a historical figure. Truly nobody IS THAT stupid, dont make that mistake

What history? Who said it? Jesus was about as historical as Mickey Mouse.....prove he lived outside the Bible cause that's the only proof you have. I already know the arguments you are going to use so I am well prepared to respond.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You know everything historical is recorded. You deny all written history or just that stuff you dont want to agree with?
Petty silly argument, next you will deny Christ as a historical figure. Truly nobody IS THAT stupid, dont make that mistake

What history? Who said it? Jesus was about as historical as Mickey Mouse.....prove he lived outside the Bible cause that's the only proof you have. I already know the arguments you are going to use so I am well prepared to respond.

No argument from me, I just wanted to highlight to everybody else the quality of some who post in this thread. Thank you kindly

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by truejew

Ummmm....who says I have a "religion"

Atheism is a religion. Man's fallible intelligence is your god.

Well...one thing about science...it sure as hell delivers the goods, doesn't it? I mean...if you REALLY want to light up a room to you sit in the dark and wish really, really, hard for a magical lamp with super long-lasting oil in it...or do you just go ahead and flip on that light switch?

I rest my case.

So no Christians believe, have developed or understand science.
Is there no depth to the illogic an atheist can use?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

No argument from me, I just wanted to highlight to everybody else the quality of some who post in this thread. Thank you kindly

You get what you ask for......belief does not mean historical fact.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Christianity hasn't been "non-violent" for even a half an hour of the last 2000 years....

Your thinking that Pagananity is Christiananity. Real Christians have been peaceful for around 2000 years.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Don't you dare imply that pagans are violent. I have never met a pagan yet who has told my parents that they are going to hell, or a pagan who had told me that there is only one way to live, one way to get to a peaceful afterlife. I have never met a pagan who has judged another for not having the same religion, or a pagan who goes on righteous diatribes or walks around with a cardboard sign listing all the people they are condemning.

Pagans worship nature. They venerate the energy in the cosmos. They do not judge, and they do not condemn. But Christians and Catholics do, and you say that pagans are more violent, and more cruel, than the Christian faith?

You know not whereof you speak.
edit on 7-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by truejew

Don't you dare imply that pagans are violent. I have never met a pagan yet who has told my parents that they are going to hell, or a pagan who had told me that there is only one way to live, one way to get to a peaceful afterlife. I have never met a pagan who has judged another for not having the same religion, or a pagan who goes on righteous diatribes or walks around with a cardboard sign listing all the people they are condemning.

Pagans worship nature. They venerate the energy in the cosmos. They do not judge, and they do not condemn. But Christians and Catholics do, and you say that pagans are more violent, and more cruel, than the Christian faith?

I completely know what I speak of. Pagananity, which is mostly made up of trinitarians, is what is responsible for all the violence that the real Church is accused of.

The things that you mentioned are not violent by themselves.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I completely know what I speak of. Pagananity, which is mostly made up of trinitarians, is what is responsible for all the violence that the real Church is accused of.

One, it's 'paganism'. Type like you have an eh-juh-muh-kay-shun, my friend. And I've never heard of a Crusade run by pagans. Let me inform you as to why: they believe we are all interconnected, and so any harm inflicted on another will be brought back around to them. Therefore, violence was mainly used for sacrificial purposes, something Christians have also been guilty of.

Mental abuse is still abuse. No wonder you're blind. Again, you know not whereof you speak.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ummmm....who says I have a "religion"

Atheism is a religion. Man's fallible intelligence is your god.

Well...one thing about science...it sure as hell delivers the goods, doesn't it? I mean...if you REALLY want to light up a room to you sit in the dark and wish really, really, hard for a magical lamp with super long-lasting oil in it...or do you just go ahead and flip on that light switch?

I rest my case.

So no Christians believe, have developed or understand science.
Is there no depth to the illogic an atheist can use?

Well...it depends. The "christians" who go to church because it's a cultural tradition but don't necessarily REALLY believe that once upon a time a talking snake had a vested interest in pushing everyday produce items in order to ensnare humanity a web of deception might have an understanding of science.

However, any "christians" who believe that the bible should be interpreted literally or think that there is some type of cosmic battle between "good" and "evil" absolutely, categorically do not have an understanding of science given that science demands repeatable results and empirical data to substantiate one's conclusions. It is not possible to BOTH "understand science" and believe REALLY believe in these fantastical tales w/out any real evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Christianity hasn't been "non-violent" for even a half an hour of the last 2000 years....

Your thinking that Pagananity is Christiananity. Real Christians have been peaceful for around 2000 years.

Sorry dude...you can't pretend that Christians haven't been brutally murdering and torturing on every continent of the planet save Antarctica just by saying that the Christians who partake of these activities aren't "real". They sure as hell think they are "real" christians. It's like the Muslims saying that Islam is the "religion of peace" and all the muslims who practice punitive amputation, suiciding bombings, and stoning women to death don't count just because they aren't "real Muslims".

It's a nonsensical argument and a cop-out to evade taking responsibility for the atrocities that are committed in the name of your "god" each and every hour of the day for the last 2000 years.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"Pagananity" isn't a word in the English Lexicon. Paganism is...but by definition no christian can be a pagan and no pagan can be a christian given that Paganism is the polytheistic worship of nature deities.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Christians need to sod off, they are still working across the world to "civilize the savages" with missionary religious imperialism. Sorry, but indigenous peoples living a traditional lifestyle are better for the Earth than any modern oil burning, cellphone using, Mcdonalds eating christian.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Hey, leave McDonald's out of this!
And I quite like cellphones, thank you very much. Pay phones are all but gone now, so all we have left is cellphones and business phones.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

One, it's 'paganism'. Type like you have an eh-juh-muh-kay-shun, my friend.

Paganism is paganism and Pagananity is the mix of Paganism and Christianity. An example of Pagananity would be the Catholic Church.

Therefore, violence was mainly used for sacrificial purposes, something Christians have also been guilty of.

True Christians are not guilty of that.

Mental abuse is still abuse. No wonder you're blind. Again, you know not whereof you speak.

We were speaking about violence, not mental abuse. Anyway, what true Christians do is warn of the coming judgment so that one may avoid it. It is not mental abuse.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My point was that christians are pissing in the pool along with the rest of us, which is why they need to ditch the holier than thou, "my answer is the only correct answer" mentality.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sorry dude...you can't pretend that Christians haven't been brutally murdering and torturing on every continent of the planet save Antarctica just by saying that the Christians who partake of these activities aren't "real".

I'm not pretending. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. Those who are violent do not have the Holy Spirit and are not Christians.

They sure as hell think they are "real" christians.

They might also think they are one of the two witnesses too, but what they think does not make it true.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"Pagananity" isn't a word in the English Lexicon. Paganism is...

You would prefer I lump Catholics and other pagan based false Christian religions with paganism instead of using the term Pagananity?

but by definition no christian can be a pagan and no pagan can be a christian given that Paganism is the polytheistic worship of nature deities.

The trinity is polytheistic.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I love honest people, even Pagans

Why is it that so many pagans feel the need to dump on Christianity? When did pagans get it in their head that paganism has a less bloody and less violent history than Christianity? I recently had a rather heated discussion over on the Wild Hunt with some fellow pagans about the various evils of the dreaded Monotheists. Dum dum DUM! *Scary music and evil laughter echoes in the distance*

I find it very disturbing when individual pagans spew their shadows onto Christians and act as if our movement is without it’s own problems and controversial past. Many pagans point to historical legacies like the Crusades as proof of how awful Monotheism *evil grin* is. Yet they conveniently forget famous polytheists like Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan in their list of bad men. Why is that? The consensus, if you read some of the replies, is that the act of mass murder is not as bad if you are *not* trying to convert them to your religion. Seriously?

We pagans have just as much blood on our hands as Christians do. Period. One argument was:

coloradocelt.wordpress.com...

Pagans are perfect, what next. Jesus was imagined.
Side splitting humour, cept some think it is reality so that makes it sad.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Many pagans point to historical legacies like the Crusades as proof of how awful Monotheism *evil grin* is.

There is no evidence that any monotheist Christian took part in the Crusades. There is evidence that trinitarians did. The bloody past of trinitarianism goes back before and past the time of the Crusades also.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join