It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by luciddream

You lost all credibility soon as i saw that. How dare you say that about old religions? wait.. why do i even reply to "pastorized" people. if i ever turn to a "believer it would be a eastern religion like Buddhism.

In your eyes, those who say the truth don't have credibility, those who lie do. The question of why we have Obama and Romney to choose from, has been answered.

Yeah...whatever. News Flash: Religion is make-believe!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

You lost all credibility soon as i saw that. How dare you say that about old religions? wait.. why do i even reply to "pastorized" people. if i ever turn to a "believer it would be a eastern religion like Buddhism.

In your eyes, those who say the truth don't have credibility, those who lie do. The question of why we have Obama and Romney to choose from, has been answered.

Just because your religion is make-believe does not mean mine is.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

So one fella blamed religion at his trial, used religion as an excuse 30 years or so latter.

You obviously missed the part about Pol Pot's infamous levels of superstition and belief in all manner of Theravedic boogeymen. Read my post again and keep reading it until you understand it.

Your argument is that he once believed in a god or gods so he was religious. Just about every atheist on this board once believed in some gods or something, are they still religious as well Stupid argument. Stalin said state controlled religion is acceptable and you think thats a logical argument justifying your position.
thats just so corny.

No...that's not my argument. My argument is that NONE of the individuals you mentioned were "atheists" because ALL of them believed in magical beings who meddled in worldly affairs their entire lives. Stalin started and ended his life and career as devoutly religious. You are misinterpreting the period in which he booted the Catholic church out Russia as being "atheist".

Again you embarass yourself. Think latteraly, or at least just think
Also none of that addresses the point I raised

The only person I'm embarrassed for is the guy who can't spell "laterally"...and it ABSOLUTELY addresses your historically incorrect statement in the thread that Stalin, Pol Pot, and Chairmen Mao were "atheists". One guy founded an entire religion, another guy thought that Fate and Destiny personified worked their magical powers to put him at the head of Khmer Rouge, and the third flatly states and admits the existence of "god" in the Little Red Book you get so worked up about.

You might disagree with the religious institution that Stalin started...but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. You might not think there is a God of Destiny and a God of Fate as they aren't from the judeo-christian tradition...but that doesn't mean that Pol Pot didn't believe in gods. It might run contrary to what you've been told that Mao was a big time "believer"...but I cut and pasted his very own words from the Little Red Book that you have CLEARLY not ever once in your lifetime read.

I know it sucks to be wrong...but you're just going to have to get over it.

I know you wont read it but for all the goirls and boys watching
Wikipedia explains what atheist states do, explains what they have done and will do again
en.wikipedia.org...

Now argue with that site not me, I reckon your a clown telling jokes.
To deny history is typical of atheists. We all know ALL atheists are good loving and kind generous people who would never harm a fly, never mind bash a baby's head in to a tree.

State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice.[1] In contrast, a secular state purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion.[2]

Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge
Further information: Khmer Rouge rule of Cambodia
Though the constitution of Democratic Kampuchea guaranteed the right to worship according to any religion and the right not to worship according to any religion, it also provided that "Reactionary religions which are detrimental to Democratic Kampuchea and Kampuchean people are absolutely forbidden."[64] Religious people were killed in the killing fields, as the leader of the Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot, suppressed Cambodia's Buddhists: monks were defrocked; temples and artifacts, including statues of Buddha, were destroyed; and people praying or expressing other religious sentiments were often killed. The Christian and Muslim communities were among the most persecuted, as well. The Roman Catholic cathedral of Phnom Penh was razed. The Khmer Rouge forced Muslims to eat pork, which they regard as an abomination. Many of those who refused were killed. Christian clergy and Muslim imams were executed.[65]

North Korea
North Korea's government exercises virtual total control over society and imposes state sanctioned atheism, the cult of personality of Kim Jung Il and Kim Il Sung, described as a political religion.[71] Although the North Korean constitution states that freedom of religion is permitted,[72] free religious activities no longer exist in North Korea as the government sponsors religious groups only to create an illusion of religious freedom.[73][74] Cardinal Nicolas Cheong Jin-suk has said that, "There's no knowledge of priests surviving persecution that came in the late forties, when 166 priests and religious were killed or kidnapped." which includes the Roman Catholic bishop of Pyongyang, Francis Hong Yong-ho.[75]

Marxism-Leninism has consistently advocated the control, suppression, and, ultimately, the elimination of religion.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

en.wikipedia.org...

The history of Christianity in the Soviet Union was not limited to repression and secularization. Soviet policy toward religion was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism, which made atheism the official doctrine of the Soviet Union. Marxism-Leninism has consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religion.

The state was committed to the destruction of religion, and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic propaganda, and generally promoted 'scientific atheism' as the truth that society should accept.

Atheism may not be a religion, but it still functions as a doctrine....one that tries to enforce its will on to people with a different way of life.

edit on 6-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

en.wikipedia.org...

The history of Christianity in the Soviet Union was not limited to repression and secularization. Soviet policy toward religion was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism, which made atheism the official doctrine of the Soviet Union. Marxism-Leninism has consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religion.

The state was committed to the destruction of religion, and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic propaganda, and generally promoted 'scientific atheism' as the truth that society should accept.

Atheism may not be a religion, but it still functions as a doctrine....one that tries to enforce its will on to people with a different way of life.

That on its own is proves atheism is a religion forced on people. Its brainwashing ability has infected the western societys very thoroughly.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

As this thread develops you sound more and more Christ-like. You are a fine example of Christianity and the ideal poster child for the attitude that people of faith should strive to cultivate in their own lives.

Not to mention, your Christ-like language. I wonder if the many true and outstanding Christians in the past would speak in the venomous and destructive manner that you employ?
edit on 6-10-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Just because your religion is make-believe does not mean mine is.

Ummmm....who says I have a "religion"

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was born the day the Roman Empire took root. If it isn't born of God then it will fizzle out quickly. 2000 years later.......Oh, wait your reasoning is limp.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

I still fail to see why the same principle cannot be applied to many different situations. Can you explain in more detail?

P.S. honestly.....not being snide

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There is a scripture that actually supports atheistic morality

Romans 2:14&15 (Amplified Bible)

14 When Gentiles who have not the [divine] Law do instinctively what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, since they do not have the Law. 15 They show that the essential requirements of the Law are written in their hearts and are operating there, with which their consciences (sense of right and wrong) also bear witness; and their [moral] decisions (their arguments of reason, their condemning or approving thoughts) will accuse or perhaps defend and excuse [them]

The Gentiles being talked about here are non-Christians as well just not Jews. The point is there can be good people that are atheists because they listen to their conscience, the bad atheists are the one who always ignore there conscience and do whatever.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus

As this thread develops you sound more and more Christ-like. You are a fine example of Christianity and the ideal poster child for the attitude that people of faith should strive to cultivate in their own lives.

Not to mention, your Christ-like language. I wonder if the many true and outstanding Christians in the past would speak in the venomous and destructive manner that you employ?
edit on 6-10-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

Sorry I am not perfect, sorry I have feelings and emotions sorry, I am human

You know sarcasm?

Sounds like you are getting a little concerned that I am making atheists look silly and unreasonable.

Oh and as for other men who didnt hold back their frustrations
Paul
Tertullian
Luther...go have a read.
I am not pretending for your sake or others I am somebody I am not.
You wish to burden me with your petty attitude of righteousness, no thanks

I am not a fine example of a Christian....obviously
edit on 6-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Atheism is a religion. Man's fallible intelligence is your god.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You mean the same fallible intelligence that dreamed up your god in the first place?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Atheism is NOT a religion.

Definition of RELIGION

a : the state of a religious
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

An atheirst has the same capability of cynicism of the intelligence of the human race as you or any other Christian!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

No different than the big three Abrahamic religions especially christianity its continually forcing its will on people.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

You mean the same fallible intelligence that dreamed up your god in the first place?

God is not "dreamed up" by man.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Atheism is NOT a religion.

Definition of RELIGION

a : the state of a religious
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

An atheirst has the same capability of cynicism of the intelligence of the human race as you or any other Christian!

Atheism fits the definition given.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

For once, I have to agree with that. Atheists simply don't want to be lumped into the same category as Christians or whomever, because they seem to feel it demoralizes the reputation of something that has gone to great lengths to distance itself from theism.

They think it's insulting to be in the same general tab as theism. So what's that say about their feelings towards those who follow theism? Nothing good.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Religious make the claim, burden of proof is with them, i "worship" the default. You guys can follow a rule made by another human being couple of thousand years ago.

Oh no, the modern religious have REDEFINED it. I have the same contention with their definition, but just because someone keep spoiling the stew, doesn't mean there isn't perfectly good stew out there somewhere.

You've missed the definition because you have preconceptions. And those parameters you've set have filtered out the true divinity of the universe. I can't explain it completely because it would take two and a half threads to connect as many dots as I can, and you would still disagree because you want the definition to suit your parameters. It doesn't matter how you feel about it, that's how it is.

With that said, both Christians and atheists are fools because they are forcing the world to fit their ideas, instead of allowing the world to shape their understanding. You are partial. And so you will not understand. A neutral point of view is necessary, otherwise you only understand what you want to.

My point here being, mankind only defined what already existed using its clumsy intellect. That clumsy intellect is what you see, not the essence being defined. Give mankind a few thousand years to either get smarter or kill itself off, and you'd see what I'm talking about. Humans have tarnished your understanding, and all the further communication you get from them will only tarnish it more. I'm doing it even as I type this, and I can only hope that you can get the impression I'm attempting to convey. Words are an extremely inconvenient medium, because I think in "impressions", ideas without words.

I'm willing to accept higher being(not supreme or ultimate) but i'm still 99% skeptical, But these man made garbage gods(with slavery, rape, murder) are nothing to me.

Again, any communicate idea is man-made. With that communication comes a definition, and that definition is a mobile impression of a explicit knowledge. It's like pushing your hand in some clay to make a mold. Nothing that comes out of that mold will look exactly like your hand, but someone looking at it will recognize what it's supposed to be.

When we say "God", we're using that mold which has been reworked in order to achieve someone's ideal of "THIS is what a god should be!" and we ran with it. Unfortunately, we have no idea what a god should be, and as a species that goes, "GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME I WANT I WANT I WANT", our deity reflects our collective nature. Which is why, should I open a dictionary and look up the word 'vanity', I fully expect to see a picture of "God" right next to it. Self-entitlement, pride, and delusional tyranny. And it's all based in fear. Recognition of the darkness inside, and fear that if we don't use it first, someone else will and rob us of our happiness. The darkness has too many expressions to be completely safe from it, and we know that. That's why "God" is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent: it's a complete loop without flaw, every single possibility of darkness closed out. It's what we wish we could be, and that's why we worship it. We worship our idea of perfection, the utter lack of fear, and that's why we're fools with the potential to become wise. unfortunately, we're more intent on demonizing ourselves for not yet having attained that perfection, than we are on resolving that lack of perfection. Simply put, we're whipping ourselves for our perceived crimes and doing penitence instead of drawing a plan for resolving the whole issue. That's as close as I can get to defining the nature of the current deity.

Is it any wonder that I despise the human species? We have the potential, we just don't have the will to master it because our hearts are absorbed in the 'here and now'. It's a sad fate for such a powerful race of beings.

edit on 6-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

God is not "dreamed up" by man.

Then who dreamed him up? Bible writers? Yep. Man created god not the other way around.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join