Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 11
17
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch
 


I find it sad that you need to be forced to be moral, when i dont murder people its because i know wrong from right. are you so childish that you need to be told what is wrong and right?




posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax
Will there ever come a day when people stop bickering about religion and politics on the internet?

Bah I'm on the wrong website.


When people stop interpreting myths as facts you may have the absence of bickering about religion and when you eliminate greed you will destroy the concept of politics aka the language of deceit.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by morsomnibustyrannus
reply to post by borntowatch
 


I find it sad that you need to be forced to be moral, when i dont murder people its because i know wrong from right. are you so childish that you need to be told what is wrong and right?


Yes, isn't that what explains poor people's fanatic following and fervor for presidents and other scumbag politicians who truly care nothing for their "constituents" ??



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by vendettent
I get the feeling that your trying to say that being an atheist is a terrible thing because they don't have a set code of rules telling them how to live by. I am not an atheist myself but do believe that anyone should be aloud to have freedom in choice of religion without persecution. Why do atheists need a book to tell them whats right and wrong in our modern society? Don't you think the average North American atheist would have normal morals and ethics like the rest of us?

Do you really think that being gay should be associated with Adolf Hitler?


When the world becomes North America, ask me again.

Should people have the right to impose their will on everyone ala Pol Pot Stalin Mao.
Try the little red book Stalin used.
If ignorance was a commodity North America would not be in decline.
edit on 4-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)


Pol Pot was educated as a Catholic but then later sought to revive the ancient Cambodian religious traditions and is universally considered by historians to have been NOTORIOUSLY superstitious. One can't really be an "atheist" if they are convinced that all manner of supernatural forces are work..can they?

Stalin was a devout member of the Russian Orthodox Church. He tried ruling without their power behind them but found that he needed religion on his side to ehlp justify all of those gulags...that's why he went back to the Church post WWII.

Mao's "Little Red Book" directly states there IS a "god" and that the chinese people ought to have the same reverence for the State that they do for their superstitious beliefs.

...so there goes that argument, huh?


Wheres yours, you may blind a child with your falicious statements but I recon you have big red shoes and a big red nose with those comments
Pol Pot was an atheist educated in France, maybe once a Catholic
"In fact, the Pol Pot regime specifically preached atheism and sought to exterminate all religious expression in Cambodia. And, since atheist-led states were largely unheard of before the 20th century, atheists have only just begun to get in on .." p. 161 The dawkins delusion
.
Mao was an atheist, Tim Oakes, Donald S. Sutton - 2010 - Preview
Religion, Tourism, and the Chinese State Tim Oakes, Donald S. Sutton. Even Mao Zedong himself, an atheist, is mystified into a deity, and worshiped as a secular god. The continuing cult of Mao is popular in his birthplace of Shaoshan, and ...

en.wikipedia.org...

Stalin atheist books.google.com.au/books?isbn=1456609106
Robert Firth - 2012 - Preview
After the Russian Revolution of 1917, religious instruction was banned by the State. While the Soviet Constitution of 1936 guaranteed freedom to hold religious services, the Soviet state under Stalin's policy of state atheism did not consider ...

Your full of bulldust in a circus ring
You have added nothing but conjecture with not a drop of evidence. I call lies, my evidence proves my call.
so there goes that argument, huh?
edit on 5-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Lets get this to the simple but logical facts..

I exist, FACT..Proven, undeniable & verifiable..

God in whatever form....No proof of existence, unproven, no direct proof, based upon stories in a story telling age.

Therefore being a logic driven person I choose to not believe....Does that make me a hypocrite, NO, it makes me a sane human..



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by morsomnibustyrannus
reply to post by borntowatch
 


I find it sad that you need to be forced to be moral, when i dont murder people its because i know wrong from right. are you so childish that you need to be told what is wrong and right?


Step outside your door, pull your head out of the sand and have a look at the news.
You must be dead, check your pulse.

Look at the state of the world.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Lets get this to the simple but logical facts..

I exist, FACT..Proven, undeniable & verifiable..

God in whatever form....No proof of existence, unproven, no direct proof, based upon stories in a story telling age.

Therefore being a logic driven person I choose to not believe....Does that make me a hypocrite, NO, it makes me a sane human..


fact, you will do whatever you think you can get away with, you are your own god

You have nothing, nothing at all.

You dont even understand my position and harp on like a fool about something not even being contested.
A veritable vacuum of intellect.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

You do know that prior to the First Council of Nicea "the bible" depicted Jesus as a serial killer and stated in no uncertain terms that he also slayed a dragon...right?

The collection of heavily edited documents you refer to as "the bible" bears little to no resemblance to the original Christian texts and Gospels.

...you might want to read the real documents sometime instead of the dumbed-down and wildly falsified versions that you buy in the store.


Is that it, you make that up yourself

Is it a North American thing where stupid statements are allowed without any justification, are you that stupid that you think any one will believe your opinion.
Your opinion.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax
Will there ever come a day when people stop bickering about religion and politics on the internet?

Bah I'm on the wrong website.


No
at least not while its this much fun



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis
 


Atheists have there own beliefs so its not an absence of belief just having a different one.

Regards



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch
 


Its a complete myth that the council of Nicaea changed anything it was a debate primarily about gnosticism and the true Gospel.

The waldenses had their bibles 150ad and is almost identical to those of today.

Regards



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
'Atheism' is a label godtards lump "disbelievers" with to make themselves feel better about their own delusion(s).

Atheism implies the categorical rejection of the notion of a god / creator. This, with today's understanding of science, is as baseless and asinine a proposition as believing in a god. Neither can be proved empirically.

As such, intelligent secular people should consider themselves free-thinkers, unconstrained by the fetters of intractable 'faiths'. People who appreciate that knowledge is forever in flux and anyone or thing declaring something to be the unequivocal "truth", does so from ignorance; nay some divine understanding that's been bestowed upon them.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
'Atheism' is a label godtards lump "disbelievers" with to make themselves feel better about their own delusion(s).

Atheism implies the categorical rejection of the notion of a god / creator. This, with today's understanding of science, is as baseless and asinine a proposition as believing in a god. Neither can be proved empirically.

As such, intelligent secular people should consider themselves free-thinkers, unconstrained by the fetters of intractable 'faiths'. People who appreciate that knowledge is forever in flux and anyone or thing declaring something to be the unequivocal "truth", does so from ignorance; nay some divine understanding that's been bestowed upon them.


Bitch and moan at the Cops then my evoloutard friend. They have an absolute truth as well.
Why cant the average atheist apply a little logic instead of rant wail and wee their pants when challenged.
Stop acting like little schoolgirls and form a logical conclusion not based on your poor little old hurt feelings.

Toughen up kiddies, you will only attract Catholic priests with your little boy moanings.

Free thinking, I have seen only a few signs of it around here, stereotyped sooks is most of what I see



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by borntowatch
 


Its a complete myth that the council of Nicaea changed anything it was a debate primarily about gnosticism and the true Gospel.

The waldenses had their bibles 150ad and is almost identical to those of today.

Regards


Its not a myth if you are a scarecrow, its real.
You cant tell some people the truth as they have been completely brainwashed....sadly



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

fact, you will do whatever you think you can get away with, you are your own god

You have nothing, nothing at all.

You dont even understand my position and harp on like a fool about something not even being contested.
A veritable vacuum of intellect.


Its 'don't' not dont, if you must harp on about people's intellect then at least have one yourself instead of a whiny rude little mind.

I have nothing at all?.

I have the same as you but without all the nasty little guilt fed into you by your corrupt handlers.

Please take your superiority complex somewhere else.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   


Agnostic is a better word than Atheist, for a person who doesn't have any belief system at all. Theism still implies some form of belief.

I think the prejudice against non-believers stems from our tribal nature - non-believers tend to be non-conformists. Non-conformists may be viewed as a weakness when tribes faced outside threats and needed to ensure everyone fought and died with the same convictions as their fellow tribesman.

Another prejudice against non-believers may come from childhood indoctrination. Who you believe in (your god) comes from your parents belief system. Spurn that and not only are you a non-conformist you appear to be against your parents.




posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Zecharia
 



Get over it the world is diverse but none of it really matters.

PEACE.


Yeah, who cares what the world will be like 500 years from now? I mean, our great great great great grandchildren will have to deal with it, but that's not our problem. We'll be dead, so who cares?

Gosh, what an uplifting perspective to take on it! And people wonder who's at fault for the world's current predicaments? Well, let's see...there's the people making poor decisions out of greed and blindness...and then there's the people who think life's too short for it to matter!

Admirable. Truly admirable.
It's all excuses...
edit on 4-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)


Clearly you intrepreted my post incorrecty but thats ok i understand things can be lost in translation in forums.

I care more than most buddy, all i was saying was we are all the same so why fight over a geographically related religion.

PEACE !!!!!!!!!!



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Originally posted by borntowatch

fact, you will do whatever you think you can get away with, you are your own god

You have nothing, nothing at all.

You dont even understand my position and harp on like a fool about something not even being contested.
A veritable vacuum of intellect.


Its 'don't' not dont, if you must harp on about people's intellect then at least have one yourself instead of a whiny rude little mind.

I have nothing at all?.

I have the same as you but without all the nasty little guilt fed into you by your corrupt handlers.

Please take your superiority complex somewhere else.


Address my position and stop the sooking, your position in context is irrelevant
Take your inferiority complex somewhere it will be petted

My spelling, oh poor me I am a dummy, as if I care your opinion.
Churlish



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer


Agnostic is a better word than Atheist, for a person who doesn't have any belief system at all. Theism still implies some form of belief.

I think the prejudice against non-believers stems from our tribal nature - non-believers tend to be non-conformists. Non-conformists may be viewed as a weakness when tribes faced outside threats and needed to ensure everyone fought and died with the same convictions as their fellow tribesman.

Another prejudice against non-believers may come from childhood indoctrination. Who you believe in (your god) comes from your parents belief system. Spurn that and not only are you a non-conformist you appear to be against your parents.



Atheists quoting their religious leader, how apt.

Strange I wasnt born a Christian in a Christian country.



posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch
 


At least those quotes make some semblance of sense. All I hear from Christians is "Jesus said this, Jesus said that." I don't CARE what Jesus said. What original thoughts do YOU have that someone didn't put in your head for you?

Atheists seem very capable of original thought - or if they have unoriginal thoughts, they have very good reasons for those thoughts. Christians just have the desire to believe, and so they do. But why do they want to believe? Because their parents said they should? Because their friends do? Because that's how they grew up, and that's what's familiar to them, and they're trained to shy away from anything that is unfamiliar or associated with evil?

What is sin, exactly? Where does sin and evil come from? You'll get a textbook answer on that, but not one coherent response that the Christian is capable of elaborating on in their own words. That's because the Bible is so vague, it doesn't give answers, it gives commands and hints and very evasive innuendoes. As a rule book, it's incomplete and misleading.

Atheists work from their own heart, from EMPATHY. Empathy, in many ways, is a lot more effective than the Bible because it doesn't rely on old-fashioned ideals to keep the community is one rut, going in circles upon circles and denying progression. Empathy looks at something and says, "Hey, there's nothing wrong with that," and then everyone's happy. The Bible says, "That's wrong," and doesn't give a reason, so everyone is following that rule blindly, only to find out a hundred years later that the wrong thing isn't actually wrong.

And then we have labels. Oh yay, labels! The ability to JUDGE a person based on how they look at things, divide them into another group, then hate that entire group because they're not like you. Yay, labels! The Bible encourages us to do this, DESPITE saying, "Thou shalt not judge", whereas empathy allows us to look at it from THEIR perspective and realize that they have feelings too, and maybe they aren't as bad as we thought and let's give them a chance, yeah? See how it works out. Because we TRY to relate to them.

And there's the difference. One tries to be understanding, one demands change or damnation. I'm done here. I hope I made my point. Peace.





top topics
 
17
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join