It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RokitSauce
Jesus was a illegal alien carpenter and Virgin Mary was a filthy disease ridden hooker. When Jesus ascended to heaven everyone was astonished looking up his man dress. For what they saw is still a closely guarded secret among religious circles and holy blood lines.

Now, instead of wasting time arguing with me about a silly man made construct such as this, why not debate something that will be for the betterment of the earth and its citizens. I have no stake in any religion, christian, atheism, bahai, muslim, buddhism, scientology, satanism, sikh, wicca, seventh day adventist, jehovah witness, hinduism, judaism etc.. I'm sure I left a couple of hundred out. You get my point though. Think about it.

No awake person would make fun of Jesus. He was the embodiment of Truth and Life. If you've read the Bible and you don't recognize this I feel sorry for you.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by borntowatch

Atheists don't have a standard ?

I'm sort of an atheist...I have standards...they are called:

peace, harmony, compassion, love and tolerance.

Don't need any book or higher spiritual authority to make me be that way. If you spend time to think about the world and yourself as an individual, these things come naturally to any sane person able to add 2 and 2 together. I don't need to be afraid of the God or the rapture or the final judgement to be a good person. I just choose to be. No fear, no threats, no promise of everlasting paradise...no end game. Being good because it's the right thing to do.

I dare to proclaim, had I ever been more involved with the religions, I would not have been as free as I feel today. I have never loved people more than I do now.

I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life.

edit on 3-10-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

Hi, good day to you.

I think the OP was saying that to be atheist means you do not subscribe to a set of club rules, what you adhere to in no way means the next atheist follows what you do. Is that good, bad or indifferent? Maybe that is a different question

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thank you. Exactly. Both sides work off of an unprovable belief. If one sides says I am right and therefor you are wrong, then they are working egocentric, narcissistic view.

The big question is why does anyone care what I believe so long as it is my belief and I don't force you to believe the way I do? Hmmmm... If we were to keep our thoughts about God to ourselves then that would give haters one less thing to hate. And it would drive em crazy too. Stay silent and watch em sulk away. That's for both sides by the way.

Have fun all.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Any intelligent atheist lives a life based on their own experience and most develop an independent moral code, designed to strip oneself of the evil aspects of societal or religious influences. But claiming that all atheists are nihilists or sociopaths is an absurd argument to have.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie

No awake person would make fun of Jesus. He was the embodiment of Truth and Life. If you've read the Bible and you don't recognize this I feel sorry for you.

If you've read the bible and interpret it as a literal expression of actual events then I feel sorry for you. Jesus was likely a swell guy if he truly existed, but he didn't do anything which any person living today could not do.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Atheists dont have a standard law or moral standard other than what is forced upon them by secular society.
If they want to love gays thats fine, if they want to hate gays thats fine as well. No one is right or wrong as there is no standard applied.
Hitler was a good man or Hitler was a bad man, depending what is right or wrong to the individual. Life has no value at all or the contrasting life is all important. The average atheist can and does believe whatever they want
Its a free for all.
Granted Christians are not good at what they are supposed to do, we are not very loving and forgiving and we often are hypocritical as well. Yet we know, everyone knows that the Christian mantra is love God and love the people of the world
The problem then is why cant Christians have a standard they choose and apply it to themselves like the atheist do. I get it, many Christians fail, as do atheists, but why are we judged so harshly and atheists are not judged at all. At least we have a standard, yeah we fail at it and we still sin, but we have that standard.
Atheists have nothing and then judge Christians, thats cowardly in my opinion.

So a Christian doesnt support homosexuality and thats bad, yet an atheists who states as much is ok HYPOCRITES
edit on 3-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

You're judging atheists in this post. Case closed.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

So what makes you think there isn't a higher power? Mind you, I am not judging; I'm simply curious to know the thought process that leads one to conclude "I don't believe there is any higher power of any definition".

I choose to word it differently. "I have no reason to believe there is any higher power of any definition." Do you? besides perhaps credulity? (rhetorical question not aimed specifically at you)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

We're not supposed to judge non-believers, but I do understand your frustration. I understand the frustrations of both parties, and I understand how those frustrations occur and you are not going to like my answer; both sides of the equation won't like my answer.

BUT, I will keep this short: you are not supposed to judge nonbelievers because you were once a nonbeliever.

We are supposed to be the light of the world, and I welcome those criticisms from nonbelievers because they are damn right... 21st century American "Christians" that protests again gay marriage are the same protesters that fought against woman equality, racial equality, and equality in general. Damn, can't we just take a step back and think?
edit on 3-10-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

I think you might want to read your bible a little more. We have every right to judge non believers. We dont have a right to condemn them
Simply calling them non believers is a judgement. Come on try to put a little logic in what you say
This thread has nothing to do with homosexuality, leave your politicising out.

Your right, I don't really read the bible often, maybe I should start to.

You say we have every right to judge non believers, but we don't have a right to condemn them. You also say that simply calling them nonbelievers is judgement.

You may be right about simply labeling people as nonbelievers is already judgement.

Granted Christians are not good at what they are supposed to do, we are not very loving and forgiving and we often are hypocritical as well. Yet we know, everyone knows that the Christian mantra is love God and love the people of the world
The problem then is why cant Christians have a standard they choose and apply it to themselves like the atheist do. I get it, many Christians fail, as do atheists, but why are we judged so harshly and atheists are not judged at all. At least we have a standard, yeah we fail at it and we still sin, but we have that standard.

If you state that the main doctrine of Christianity is to love God and love the people of the world and everyone, believers and nonbelievers, knows this mantra, then why do you ask why nonbelievers strongly criticize our actions?

The answer in my opinion is so simple: it is because our actions don't reflect the love of Father and the people of the world?

Maybe because our religion is the closest to what is and all of humanity knows deep down in their soul that is true, but humanity is so innately irked by the constant perversion of truth by man's carnal interests?

If you read the bible it is prophesied that every knee will bow to Jesus Christ, and every mouth will confess that he is Lord. What I take from a verse is that each and every soul innately recognizes who Jesus Christ is, we just forget that truth as we come into this world, but the moment we see that truth, we will no longer fight it.

What is happening now to the religion of Christianity is a product of the organized, nationalistic churches' prideful touting and abuse of power in the world, like using Christian theology to justify racial segregation, wars, and other human inequalities. Organized "Christianity" fell into the trap of using conventional terms to live in a conventional world when Jesus Christ preached the exact opposite. It's sad that those who are actually trying with all their hearts to be good catch the flake of the past, but this is what is. Patience and humility are two lessons the entire world needs, but since we are the light of the world, don't you think it is upon us to shine brightly for others to see and imitate?

Like I said before, I welcome these sharp criticisms from nonbelievers; it helps to build up your faith by practicing the virtues of love, hope, and faith, it really depends if you look at the glass half full or half empty. This is why I can understand your frustrations because your flesh (ego) will try and run away from the truth and that is why you can not see it, but you will if you hold fast onto the laws written in every heart
edit on 4-10-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
To think someone can't have morals, and know what is right or wrong, without believing in God is simply ridiculous.

That is correct. In fact, healthy values are more likely to be found through scientific study and critical thinking than through mystical mandates.

Also, religions have this habit of only caring about those with the same perspective as them, when in reality, there are trillions of perspectives on this planet... every individual, including women, gays, blacks, atheists, liberals, conservatives, Brits, Hindus, Buddhists, ants, mice, bats, elephants, dolphins, etc.

It is only through understanding all of these perspectives that one can even begin to understand morals. How can you do that if your existence is limited to the perspective of your Church (one religious faction of hundreds, if not more, by the way).
edit on 4-10-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
But they can choose what morals do adopt and ignore
How seriously they need to apply them and when they can ignore tem

If nothing else, this thread shows how inept at comprehension so many of today's people are
edit on 4-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by ANOK
To think someone can't have morals, and know what is right or wrong, without believing in God is simply ridiculous.

That is correct. In fact, healthy values are more likely to be found through scientific study and critical thinking than through mystical mandates.
edit on 4-10-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

This is half true. Fasting, which is quite opposite of what modern science tells us is healthy, actually promotes health. I am not arguing that scientific studies do not prove healthy values because it sometimes does and ignorant to not think so, but some mystical mandates such as fasting also provide healthy benefits. Science and spirituality can go hand in hand.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I get the feeling that your trying to say that being an atheist is a terrible thing because they don't have a set code of rules telling them how to live by. I am not an atheist myself but do believe that anyone should be aloud to have freedom in choice of religion without persecution. Why do atheists need a book to tell them whats right and wrong in our modern society? Don't you think the average North American atheist would have normal morals and ethics like the rest of us?

Do you really think that being gay should be associated with Adolf Hitler?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So you are putting down a type of person based on there supposed way of life. You know what I don't even have the will to tpye a respomd to your stupidity.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythots

So you are putting down a type of person based on there supposed way of life. You know what I don't even have the will to tpye a respomd to your stupidity.

Stupidity is an apt word considering that this thread is a mirror of one posted by an atheist. Yes I agree, it is stupid, that was the W H O L E point of the post, the whole premise.
Some atheists are stupid, as is this thread to highlight atheist stupidity.
We agree, thanks. You justify my argument as well as many others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vendettent
I get the feeling that your trying to say that being an atheist is a terrible thing because they don't have a set code of rules telling them how to live by. I am not an atheist myself but do believe that anyone should be aloud to have freedom in choice of religion without persecution. Why do atheists need a book to tell them whats right and wrong in our modern society? Don't you think the average North American atheist would have normal morals and ethics like the rest of us?

When the world becomes North America, ask me again.

Should people have the right to impose their will on everyone ala Pol Pot Stalin Mao.
Try the little red book Stalin used.
If ignorance was a commodity North America would not be in decline.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
reply to post by Soloro

Atheism is the absence of belief get it right.

Wrong. Atheism is the absence of believe in YOUR god. If you believe in Thor, but I do not, then to you I would be an atheist (even if I believed in Jesus Christ). If you need a term for someone who does not believe in any gods (or Supreme Meme), then the correct term would be agnostic.

An agnostic is a person who holds no belief, that is they hold the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly speaking, this is a person who may be skeptical about the existence of God they do not profess true atheism. They do not choose to BELIEVE there is a god, nor do they choose to BELIEVE that there is no God. For the agnostic, BELIEVE itself is the danger.

Here is a critical examination of agnosticism by Stefan Molyneux - from Freedomain Radio

edit on 4-10-2012 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Atheists dont have a standard law or moral standard other than what is forced upon them by secular society.
If they want to love gays thats fine, if they want to hate gays thats fine as well. No one is right or wrong as there is no standard applied.
Hitler was a good man or Hitler was a bad man, depending what is right or wrong to the individual. Life has no value at all or the contrasting life is all important. The average atheist can and does believe whatever they want
Its a free for all.
Atheists have nothing and then judge Christians, thats cowardly in my opinion.

So a Christian doesnt support homosexuality and thats bad, yet an atheists who states as much is ok HYPOCRITES
edit on 3-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

ummm...since when do atheists not have a "standard"? The foundations of all Western thought including, but not limited to, the realm of morality have their roots w/ Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle...all of whom were atheists. In fact...Socrates was executed for being an atheist.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vendettent

When the world becomes North America, ask me again.

Should people have the right to impose their will on everyone ala Pol Pot Stalin Mao.
Try the little red book Stalin used.
If ignorance was a commodity North America would not be in decline.

Pol Pot was educated as a Catholic but then later sought to revive the ancient Cambodian religious traditions and is universally considered by historians to have been NOTORIOUSLY superstitious. One can't really be an "atheist" if they are convinced that all manner of supernatural forces are work..can they?

Stalin was a devout member of the Russian Orthodox Church. He tried ruling without their power behind them but found that he needed religion on his side to ehlp justify all of those gulags...that's why he went back to the Church post WWII.

Mao's "Little Red Book" directly states there IS a "god" and that the chinese people ought to have the same reverence for the State that they do for their superstitious beliefs.

...so there goes that argument, huh?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie

Originally posted by RokitSauce
Jesus was a illegal alien carpenter and Virgin Mary was a filthy disease ridden hooker. When Jesus ascended to heaven everyone was astonished looking up his man dress. For what they saw is still a closely guarded secret among religious circles and holy blood lines.

Now, instead of wasting time arguing with me about a silly man made construct such as this, why not debate something that will be for the betterment of the earth and its citizens. I have no stake in any religion, christian, atheism, bahai, muslim, buddhism, scientology, satanism, sikh, wicca, seventh day adventist, jehovah witness, hinduism, judaism etc.. I'm sure I left a couple of hundred out. You get my point though. Think about it.

You do know that prior to the First Council of Nicea "the bible" depicted Jesus as a serial killer and stated in no uncertain terms that he also slayed a dragon...right?

The collection of heavily edited documents you refer to as "the bible" bears little to no resemblance to the original Christian texts and Gospels.

...you might want to read the real documents sometime instead of the dumbed-down and wildly falsified versions that you buy in the store.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Will there ever come a day when people stop bickering about religion and politics on the internet?

Bah I'm on the wrong website.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join