It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Muslims think about mocking prophets

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Women in Muslim countries who are denied education and the freedom to travel freely are not choosing to be kept ignorant and oppressed. It is being forced upon them under the threat of harsh punishment where Sharia law is practiced.
The answer is to take away the power of the Imams and clerics. Until that is done, nothing will ever change.

Very good point you raise there, the treatment and lack of political power that women suffer under Islamic regimes. Not all of them, sure, but on the whole the attitude towards women is pre-medeival. One of my relatives was on holiday in Morroco but had came back early as the locals kept following them around, throwing rocks and spitting at them and they wern't wearing any revealing clothes, even had head scarves on.

The Western cultures have evolved, mainly as a byproduct of the world wars, to give women the same rights as men. If Islamic cultures want to be taken seriously they should adopt the same humanistic perspective towards the women in their cultures.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Women in Muslim countries who are denied education and the freedom to travel freely are not choosing to be kept ignorant and oppressed. It is being forced upon them under the threat of harsh punishment where Sharia law is practiced.
The answer is to take away the power of the Imams and clerics. Until that is done, nothing will ever change.

Very good point you raise there, the treatment and lack of political power that women suffer under Islamic regimes. Not all of them, sure, but on the whole the attitude towards women is pre-medeival. One of my relatives was on holiday in Morroco but had came back early as the locals kept following them around, throwing rocks and spitting at them and they wern't wearing any revealing clothes, even had head scarves on.

The Western cultures have evolved, mainly as a byproduct of the world wars, to give women the same rights as men. If Islamic cultures want to be taken seriously they should adopt the same humanistic perspective towards the women in their cultures.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

They cant...Ever let that happen..
That would take them OUT OF CONTROL.
And it would even make the Realigous Leaders
LIARS...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by Svipdagr
reply to post by MuonSpin

Off topic but God does have a sense of humor, just look at a platypus.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: correctness

Or alligators? What kind of person would put these beasts on a planet with small children? Some sense of humor.

Yes god has a very childish streak sometimes. It is playing hide and seek with ous seeing who of us can find out the thruth about it without leaving to many clues but enought to make the seeking interesting and seeing what kind of relationship we want with it. But it is very goodhearted. When it is not fun at all anymore then it comes running and makes sure you are ok.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If God or Allah or whatever was so powerful then why does he need a load of idiots running round burning embassies and killing each other just because someone insulted his name. If he was all powerful, then why does he give people the free will to insult Mohammed.

It's because he doesn't exist. Allah and God are nothing more than constructs by weak people.

I think Islam is a load of medieval crap.

The sooner religion is stamped out, the better this world will become.

It is not Allah/god/source/reality conciousness/"The one that is all" do not exists. It is just that the religons are just different views of it and it could care less about what human dogma a person choose since they are all less than the whole thruth anyway. It wants a personal relastionship with you and the dogma gets in the way since it makes the relationship based on false masks between you and it. When the student is ready the master will come.

edit on 4-10-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't know what Id do with myself if I was wasting precious hours of my life worshiping, praying, defending and maybe dying for a something or someone I can't even see or communicate with. Unfortunately I was made to attend a private Lutheran school my entire youth. Anybody can say anything they want about God and you wouldn't get me all bent out of shape over it. I can't understand why people feel they need to believe in some invisible god who is supposedly looking out for them if they dedicate half their lives praying to someone they are not going to meet in this life and probably won't meet in the next life. There are not enough hours in the day the way it is.
I think worshiping invisible gods in organized religions just goes to show how primitive the human race still is.
Check this out. I worship or pray to nothing or nobody. Im happy, I never get sick, my family is happy, I've never had a surgery, hell I was born without wisdom teeth and tonsils, I have some great friends, I like my job. I didn't spend my life praying to some sky daddy to be happy. Ill bet those of you who pray everyday to be happy and give thanks to your god for the happiness in your life, would still be just as happy if the pope announced tomorrow night that all religions were nothing but scams and gods don't exist and he could prove it.

I'm open to the idea that back in the Bible days, when those people would witness God and his angels, that they were interacting with our more advanced cousins from some other planet. Early humans mistook them for all perfect gods. Im sure if some human looking beings came down from the sky today and they could levitate, read our mind, tell us about the future and do some other near things that WE can not do, I'm sure all the people who don't believe in life on other planets, would think these visitors were gods.

Fantasizing about some invisible protector and giver that physically has not protected you or physically handed you anything, sounds a lot like a mental disorder. To me, it makes more sense if you just pray to your house and worship that. It protects you from the cold and gives you a place to sleep. Maybe people are just sucked in by the fairy tale. It's a sign of weakness.

One other thing and Jesse Ventura said it best when he said that he thinks religion is the root of all evil.
He was spot on when he said that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Those who invade embassies and kill people think he needs them to do it. So , why are they thinking like this ?

They think this because their Imams and clerics tell them that this is what Allah wants and that by doing so they are following the example of Muhammad. Those that openly condemn or criticize the religious leaders and take a stand against them are subject to severe punishment or even death. The only safe place for a Muslim to condemn a Imam and call him a false teacher is from the safety of a Western nation. And even then they are in danger.

Because they have been kept in ignorance to be ruled easily.
Why are they kept in ignorance and oppressed?
Because they chose it.

Sorry that there is no way to show you the truth except your magic box.

You are wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Thank you for your post on this topic Mideast. I and hundreds of millions of Americans wish nothing but peace and prosperity on your people. We are in reality unable to control every single persons actions just as you are unable to do the same. This will always be true around the world. The average American just wants the same thing every family on the planet wants. Peace and prosperity. What our governments do is mostly beyond our control. We elect them but are unable to control what they actually do with the 4 years they get. The general consensus is that in the Muslim religion there is one disturbing fact. Muslims ( at least this is what we hear daily) believe in death to non-believers. If that could be replaced with tolerance our world would see peace.

Muslims don't want death to none-belivers , but Wahhabis want.

Muslims used to live in peace with none-believers.

Th fact is that Islam has been hi-jacked by wrong people since our prophet died. except for 5 years that first Imam was ruling , there is just ruling of inappropriate people.

That is the reality.

So when you wanna search about Islam , you better search about how our prophet acted and 1st Imam acted in 5 years.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MNnativeamer

I can't understand why people feel they need to believe in some invisible god who is supposedly looking out for them if they dedicate half their lives praying to someone they are not going to meet in this life

He is the most visible.

But he is much big and much near. There is no spot you can't see him.

He is the most visible. He is ruling all over your body and is keeping the order moment after moment.

The fact is that he has given freedom of choice to human beings.

They can choose what to believe or not believe.

What to do or not to do.

He is the most kind.

He will be kind even you keep denying him. He will feed you , keep you healthy and keep you in shape unless you do something to brake the order.

Check this out. I worship or pray to nothing or nobody. Im happy, I never get sick, my family is happy, I've never had a surgery, hell I was born without wisdom teeth and tonsils, I have some great friends, I like my job. I didn't spend my life praying to some sky daddy to be happy.

I am happy and I am living my life in this universe ,too. Where is the contradiction ?

But I am acting to make a good future in my next life which is going to last forever. Doe that mean that I should ruin my life on this side ? NO

Ill bet those of you who pray everyday to be happy and give thanks to your god for the happiness in your life, would still be just as happy if the pope announced tomorrow night that all religions were nothing but scams and gods don't exist and he could prove it.

You shouldn't rely on pope for the basics of your faith. You should trust your pure soul. Pope or Jesus or Muhammad won't be questioned instead of you. You are in charge of the basics.

Fantasizing about some invisible protector and giver that physically has not protected you or physically handed you anything, sounds a lot like a mental disorder. To me, it makes more sense if you just pray to your house and worship that. It protects you from the cold and gives you a place to sleep. Maybe people are just sucked in by the fairy tale. It's a sign of weakness.

Who created this order you are reading day and night about ?

There is no probability formula that can confirm all this order was made by an accident and I am living here because I am lucky ?

All the order existed before the scientists discover it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You are wrong.

I lived in a Muslim country and work with Muslims everyday. I know firsthand what I'm talking about.
I don't know what "magic box" you are referring to.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You are wrong.

I lived in a Muslim country and work with Muslims everyday. I know firsthand what I'm talking about.
I don't know what "magic box" you are referring to.

Then you are generalizing them despite their diversity.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

edit on 10/4/2012 by Sparky63 because: Deleted because....I see this is going nowhere.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

edit on 10/4/2012 by Sparky63 because: Deleted because....I see this is going nowhere.

Women are really taking over the place of men. They are ocupying college seats that they are never going a job ofr.

They go to stadium

They drive. they work. they vote. they buy alone.

We have some women prime minister.

Women can not lay naked in the beach , but it is OK for many women that I have met. They don't like to be an open exhibition for men's lust.

I have my most respected 12 Imam and are not even near ordinary.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Sticks and stones......

I am all for religious respect and tolerance, and embracing the differences of those around us, but really, anyone that would take so much offense to words as to murder others, vandalize, and otherwise cause chaos obviously is more insecure about their own beliefs than they care to admit or realize. If every single person, on every television program, movie, newspaper, or magazine in every Muslim dominated country mocked my God... I would simply shrug my shoulders knowing that my belief was unshakable and that they are just words.... and words only have as much power as one lets them have.

The recent chaos can be compared to a child being made fun of on a playground.... instead of having confidence in who he is as a person and walking away he decides to get a baseball bat and beat up the offender as well as his entire family. It is not logical.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Okay, we shouldn't make fun of religious icons. Politicians are just trying to run the country, so let's stop making fun of them. Blondes aren't all that crazy about blonde jokes. Mother-in-laws are verbally assaulted and always depicted as evil in TV shows - we should stop that. Jokes about homosexuals - no more. Fat people, Mexicans, Jews, Polish, gone, gone, gone, gone.

Now, I need to laugh every day. Tell me a joke that doesn't offend SOMEONE.

When the space shuttle challenger exploded, it took all of ten minutes before the jokes started flying around.
It bothered me, but I still had to laugh at some of them. And yet, everyone was mature enough to not kill anyone over them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The reaction to this prophet mocking appears to reveal the evil nature of prophet worship. This should by no means be beyond reproach from rational people.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Muhammad and 11 Imams were always kind to the ones who were cursing them.

There are many stories about this.

But Muslims are not today . I said my logic behind that. They are afraid of a none-believer Virus to reach their homes.

They prefer to stay believer and those who make movies want the opposite.

Those who made movies want to take the Virus to Muslims or show their face as terrorists.

IMO , the most appropriate action for Muslims is to rally silently and peacefully condemning these actions.

In fact , I have seen many people rallying peacefully against these actions and condemning them.

We are seeing some progress among Muslims.

We will see soon all the satanic plans fail , soon.

We are seeing unity and peace.

That is a very great sign.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
people who are easily offended, are usually being defensive for their own offensiveness.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
people who are easily offended, are usually being defensive for their own offensiveness.

Not like how Jesus and other saint people were.

It is just a psychology self-biased opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hate to interject when I've already said what I think, but to those calling Muslims ignorant woman haters, remember that women in the West are also mistreated by their own native religions, and barred from most if not all pulpits and/or places of true religious authority, even though women account for only a minor fraction of the sex abuse and financial fraud taking place within the industry.

Catholics don't let women preach, and they don't let preachers have sex, for example. I can find Biblical examples to support the idea that Catholicism bases its most socially awkward standards on a misinterpretation of the scripture. When the Bible starts getting pruned away like an unwanted shrub, maybe what God does in response is inspire a new book altogether. It's only fair, karmic, ironic, and rational that when people wipe their asses on their own faith, God takes away the possibility the next time you reach for it.

I don't know why people choose to go to church every Sunday but not protest the wars in the Middle East, yet they are doing little or nothing to combat world hunger, ignorance, or breakdown of global interactions. Jesus and his disciples were a unifying force, and the modern church has splintered their example into a million meaningless pieces, whereas Islam tends toward the myopic approach of taking every word literally, which is equally dangerous.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join