It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Muslims think about mocking prophets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mideast

Why do you feel you have the right to tell others what they can and cannot say?

They are saying what they want actually.

But mutual respect is what you are missing to look at as a goal.

Is that much ?

respect?... i have no respect for any god that says, obey me or you will die.....i have no master that i need to kneel to. nor will i be a slave to, or a disciple for, any vengeful and arrogant god.

I have never heard god. Who is he ?

The one who is letting you live right now ?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mideast

They are saying what they want actually.

And you are trying to stop them from saying what they want.. That is the issue.

No I am not

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
The christian God says that if you even look at another Human with anger in your eyes you have committed murder.

That when slapped you offer the other cheek to be slapped as well.

The christian Bible also says a time of great apostasy will happen in the Church, where people will fall away from their beliefs.

The christian God says that we should not seek vengeance as it is his to deal out, not ours.

We are told that when this happens to not be discouraged but to look up, for our redemption draws near.

We do not need to retort to every mocking of our faith, of our God, or of our Savior.

More so as an American, I believe that people are free to say what ever they want, even if it makes some one else uncomfortable.

Well said!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The way I see it God has a sense of humor.
..and yes it is the same God all we believers worship, just under a different name.

Which religion believes this? Christianity could never be party to such a doctrine. You would have to deny the very foundation of Christian Faith to believe such a thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

Off topic but God does have a sense of humor, just look at a platypus.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: correctness

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

I’m also a funny guy (most of the time) I like to say funny jokes against people’s religions and discuss or debate how stupid they are openly with people (those of faith and not) because I believe I’m right and religious people are very wrong…..

Do you agree that I should die because of this; does your god say I should die? What does your god say you should do to me or for me if anything? (obviously the christian way 'now' is to bible bash me into submission)

No. But I think you better change your attitude and be more respectful to others belief. It is good for you and for me

What does your god say you should do to me or for me if anything? (obviously the christian way 'now' is to bible bash me into submission)

It says we should live in peace as long as you don't start a war. But you are an individual and you are not one way MSM. You maybe mock me and I can answer mindfully and peacefully.

PS: It took christians a couple of thousand years to stop killing people in the name of their ‘god’, do you think the extremist Muslims will get there soon?

I don't know. But I hope soon.

I don't know about war between Christians . But I know that war between Muslims is not just started by Muslims.

Those who follow stupidly , will get what they deserve.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

This is so silly that I say "please don't mock us"

And you say "we mock who ever we want"

Exactly the point.

'Please don't mock us'. Not don't mock everybody, not don't mock at all.

Don't mock us, setting aside one group as special above all others.

To which the only answer is the one you gave above. I'll mock whomever I damn well please.

Maybe that is what Jesus was doing.

But I don't feel like a teacher.

I wanted to clear a point that mockery is childish and silly.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

This threads seems to be a kick in the wall.

But I am familiar with what many ATS people think now.

Thank you people for caring and replying.

I pray you always have a light in your path and in your boats.

This is what I received :

1-Some people do not know the difference between faith and bigotry.

2-Some don't know the difference between challenging and mocking

3-Some people don't know about current boundaries and values in their lives. So they are scared.

4-Some people want to say Muslims are wrong and we should mock them as much as we can.

5-Some people think that believing is equal to following blindly.

6-Some people wanted to dig into the problems of Muslims which is irrelevant.

7-Some people want to show their hatred and bigotry.

8-Some people say "I don't care" which is in contradiction with why they cared to reply.

9-Some people think Muslims are haters because their MSM shows they are. That is how MS selects the news for you. That is not my fault. I mean , some times Muslims are angry at west , but it is not always. Sometime Indians , Pakistani , Afghan , Egyptians , Iranians are angry of oppression , they make a rally .But you see them as a whole as your MSM shows you.

10-Sometimes people may be upset or angry in challenges , but it is a challenge. Many can take it. It is not a one way mockery.

11-Almost no one in Iran thinks that western people are hostile to them. They just see the governments waging wars and keeping them dependent 3rd world country.They want US govt to change it's attitude toward scientific development of Iranian people.

12-Many people just complain about wars in Muslims world. But they can not see who is starting the wars.

13-Some people know that people love each other and there is no reason to hate other people.

14-Some people do not like to separate superstition and religion Then they blame religion for it.

15-Some people are respectful people and they defense mockery.

It was a hard debate for a very ignorant guy like.

I hope it has been fruitful for you.

peace

ME.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr

Or alligators? What kind of person would put these beasts on a planet with small children? Some sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Or alligators? What kind of person would put these beasts on a planet with small children? Some sense of humor.

This made me lol

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If God or Allah or whatever was so powerful then why does he need a load of idiots running round burning embassies and killing each other just because someone insulted his name. If he was all powerful, then why does he give people the free will to insult Mohammed.

It's because he doesn't exist. Allah and God are nothing more than constructs by weak people.

I think Islam is a load of medieval crap.

The sooner religion is stamped out, the better this world will become.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

This is so silly that I say "please don't mock us"

And you say "we mock who ever we want"

Exactly the point.

'Please don't mock us'. Not don't mock everybody, not don't mock at all.

Don't mock us, setting aside one group as special above all others.

To which the only answer is the one you gave above. I'll mock whomever I damn well please.

Bravo.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

But they're tasty........:'( LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

tisk tisk! Careful with your words lest you offend an army of angry platypussys.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Why can't they Act like Civilised people?

Why go burning Buddhist Temples just because of some comment on Facebook?

Why get so angry over a cartoon or video?

Why don't you grow up?

Acting like children who have lost their dummy isnt a great way to show the World what you are about and most people these days don't really care about Ancient Religions.... its all in your head... its been drummed into your head and you have had your mind Manipulated since birth and can't think for yourself.

You can have Faith, Belief and Spirituality without being in a Religious Cult!!
edit on 4-10-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This thread is undertoned as RESPECT right...Am i Wrong? NOO

How can you talk about US respecting YOU when you dont
show YOUR OWN kind the same thing...

Id like to see an ENLIGHTEND muslim questioning his IMAN
about beating his wife AND his children...WHY would a LOVING
god/profet even begin to demand such a thing...

Dubbelmorals and Dubbelstandars..

Hipocrazy

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If God or Allah or whatever was so powerful then why does he need a load of idiots running round burning embassies and killing each other just because someone insulted his name. If he was all powerful, then why does he give people the free will to insult Mohammed.

Those who invade embassies and kill people think he needs them to do it. So , why are they thinking like this ?

Because they have been kept in ignorance to be ruled easily.

Why are they kept in ignorance and oppressed?

Because they chose it.

It's because he doesn't exist. Allah and God are nothing more than constructs by weak people.

I think Islam is a load of medieval crap.

The sooner religion is stamped out, the better this world will become

Ignoring the truth is the easiest way than to solve the problems. But it is ignoring the problem.

They should start to think and stop the wars.

But it doesn't justify west get into action , eliminate religion and take over these countries land and resources.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

This is free speech

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Those who invade embassies and kill people think he needs them to do it. So , why are they thinking like this ?

They think this because their Imams and clerics tell them that this is what Allah wants and that by doing so they are following the example of Muhammad. Those that openly condemn or criticize the religious leaders and take a stand against them are subject to severe punishment or even death. The only safe place for a Muslim to condemn a Imam and call him a false teacher is from the safety of a Western nation. And even then they are in danger.

Because they have been kept in ignorance to be ruled easily.
Why are they kept in ignorance and oppressed?
Because they chose it.

Women in Muslim countries who are denied education and the freedom to travel freely are not choosing to be kept ignorant and oppressed. It is being forced upon them under the threat of harsh punishment where Sharia law is practiced.
The answer is to take away the power of the Imams and clerics. Until that is done, nothing will ever change.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thank you for your post on this topic Mideast. I and hundreds of millions of Americans wish nothing but peace and prosperity on your people. We are in reality unable to control every single persons actions just as you are unable to do the same. This will always be true around the world. The average American just wants the same thing every family on the planet wants. Peace and prosperity. What our governments do is mostly beyond our control. We elect them but are unable to control what they actually do with the 4 years they get. The general consensus is that in the Muslim religion there is one disturbing fact. Muslims ( at least this is what we hear daily) believe in death to non-believers. If that could be replaced with tolerance our world would see peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join