It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Muslims think about mocking prophets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
We can live in peace with respect boundaries of freedom.

Freedom is not equal mocking each other's belief.

As an agnostic atheist, I find people whom see this wonderful universe, the mystery of it all, the science that great minds have progressed throughout generations of hard work, unpopular yet correct observation, and an endless persuit of truth and dismiss it all with just a magic space ghost that poofs everything into existance as mocking my "belief" (understanding).
Then these people murder others whom do not adopt the magic space ghost. The people whom demand a special book of the space ghost to be shoved in classrooms, in our media, to overrule understanding, observations, logic.

That mocks all of humanity.

But you know what...its their right to do it. Science will bring in the rational minds, and religion will bring in the superstitious or intellectually lazy minds whom would rather believe in magic over science. Thats fine, creativity is a good trait to have.

but I don't give a rats arse about people being offended with my belief or understanding. I slam religion because it is a stumbling block towards understanding, but I respect a person's choice to have a belief or connection.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You think some low budget movie made by 70 people is new age of lust and disbelieving for the west?

Well I think that low budget movie shows how peaceful the religion of peace is. Seems more like a new age of bloodlust for the mideast.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
You think some low budget movie made by 70 people is new age of lust and disbelieving for the west?

Well I think that low budget movie shows how peaceful the religion of peace is. Seems more like a new age of bloodlust for the mideast.

...particularly when there is evidence to suggest that the movie was made by Islamists!

source

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There Is Only ONE CREATOR, but many so called Prophets.

IF you told Jesus The Christ, that he likes to have sex with sheep, that you would even get a response, what you would be horse whipped.

Jesus was about LOVE.

You think if you spit on him you would make him mad.

What fools we have before us, this is like being in grade school, some things never change

All you Haters out there, better get with the ONE TRUE MAKER, cause there is no place to go.

You know how many Popes fought battles over who was the Pope, No I the Pope, NO Me, Me, I'm the Pope.

And I don't care what you say, so dumb arse that would kill one personeven a dog, so he could get his 50 virgins is a sick, stupid, pervert moron. Plus your viginwould only be vigin once or do they give you the long lasting kind.

Hey Peace love all that but give me a break, why did they say the Ambasador to Libia waas raped, what's next 50 little boys, what would Mohamad say about man on man sex, pretty dang sick in my book, unless it's concentual and within marraige.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Here is a question for you OP (or any other if you wish to reply)

I’m an Aussie and I think all religions are simply wrong.

I believe that ancient people confused Aliens as gods and all the manipulating words written down in many and various books were simply created by man to try and understand the aliens, but mostly to control and manipulate people into a certain way of acting and thinking for that was the only way to have any type of ‘effective control’ over people in ancient times…….

I’m also a funny guy (most of the time) I like to say funny jokes against people’s religions and discuss or debate how stupid they are openly with people (those of faith and not) because I believe I’m right and religious people are very wrong…..

Do you agree that I should die because of this; does your god say I should die? What does your god say you should do to me or for me if anything? (obviously the christian way 'now' is to bible bash me into submission)

PS: It took christians a couple of thousand years to stop killing people in the name of their ‘god’, do you think the extremist Muslims will get there soon?

Mickierocksman

edit on 4/10/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Added a 'now', rubbed my nose, looked out the window (no god yet) and hit edit again in 3,2,1

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Do you agree that I should die because of this; does your god say I should die? What does your god say you should do to me or for me if anything? (obviously the christian way 'now' is to bible bash me into submission)

We all die, but no you shouldn't be murdered if that's what you're asking. The only thing we should do to you is inform you of the Gospel, after that you have the choice to believe or not. Anyone trying to bash you into submission isn't respecting your free will. That being said, people expressing their beliefs isn't bashing anyone into submission, if you don't like it ignore it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Here is a question for you OP (or any other if you wish to reply)

I’m an Aussie and I think all religions are simply wrong.

I believe that ancient people confused Aliens as gods and all the manipulating words written down in many and various books were simply created by man to try and understand the aliens, but mostly to control and manipulate people into a certain way of acting and thinking for that was the only way to have any type of ‘effective control’ over people in ancient times…….

I’m also a funny guy (most of the time) I like to say funny jokes against people’s religions and discuss or debate how stupid they are openly with people (those of faith and not) because I believe I’m right and religious people are very wrong…..

PS: It took christians a couple of thousand years to stop killing people in the name of their ‘god’, do you think the extremist Muslims will get there soon?

Mickierocksman

edit on 4/10/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Added a 'now', rubbed my nose, looked out the window (no god yet) and hit edit again in 3,2,1

Well, i have a similar beliefe..But i dont normaly mix in aliens..
But i agree 200% that ALL religion is about control and manipulation.
THATS why i dont want it anyware near a GOVERNING element..
But i dont mock or disrespect them either...
They are ALL entitle to belive whatever they want...

AS LONG AS IT DOESENT HAVE ANY!! IMPACT ON SECOND PART...OR EVEN THIRD

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
A lot of people don't understand. To some people, it matters. It matters a lot, ok? Because when you mock something, other impressionable minds are listening. A young person with little life experience and a not yet fully developed mind is gonna see older people making fun of something, and they think its cool to make fun of it too. And they dont get a chance to make up their own mind. You've basically told them, if you do this, everybody will laugh at you and ridicule your beliefs. So its an easy choice for a teen who is trying to fit in and find their place in the world. Growing kids often choose the path of least resistance in social situations. They don't necessarily do what they think is right... When some kids are picking on someone, the average onlookers would join in, or ignore it before they would stand up for the kid being picked on, no matter how they actually feel inside. It's a survival tactic I guess. It's not always like that, but its a general rule of thumb.

Anyway, in the mind of a religious person, you are sending these people straight to a life of hell by influencing their decisions with your mockery. And you do it in such an unfair, childish way, giggling like a bunch of school boys. If you want to influence someone's decisions, do it with logical debate and lose the childish tone. If you refuse to use "fair" tactics, then so will they, I predict. Oh but the religious nuts do this and this and this that's unfair! Ok so I guess two wrongs make a right? And you are somehow bettering yourself and strengthening the resolve of your position by stooping down to the level of your opponent?

You make fun of them for "not making sense", and then you go and do the same...?

You're dealing with people who are ready to kill over a disrespectful comment... and you STILL have to have your joke?

Ok, well black people get all upright whenever you use the "N" word. It's almost like a religious belief to them. Silly, right? It's just a silly stupid word, and yet they get mad if you say it! So, let's everybody just use it as much as possible and giggle about it! Freedom of speech, right? Sure. If you're willing to take responsibility for the consequences after you fly off at the mouth and disrespect somebody...

I grew up on the streets ok, and its called "your mouth just wrote a check and now your ass has got to cash it!" That's why you will not see me disrespect anybody unless I'm intentionally trying to start a fight with them. Rules of the street always prevail, in one way or another. Even the government believes in "stop snitching"... Jist look what they did to Bradley Manning. The laws are just guidelines. Rules of the street are the real law of the land.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If the Muslims had the peace that comes with knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior, they wouldn't be offended about what people say about anybody. They would simply pray for those who persecute them and their faith. But no, their so-called religion is headed by the prince of darkness, so they do not know that peace, therefore they get worked up and offended and start lashing out.

If they were so confident in their faith, they wouldn't be affected so very easily. Pretty sad.

I'm glad I put all my cares, worries, and burdens on the Prince of Peace, the King of Kings.
edit on 4-10-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
If the Muslims had the peace that comes with knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior, they wouldn't be offended about what people say about anybody. They would simply pray for those who persecute them and their faith. But no, their so-called religion is headed by the prince of darkness, so they do not know that peace, therefore they get worked up and offended and start lashing out.

If they were so confident in their faith, they wouldn't be affected so very easily. Pretty sad.

I'm glad I put all my cares, worries, and burdens on the Prince of Peace, the King of Kings.
edit on 4-10-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

Did you know that christians have killed in the name of your god for a couple of thousand years?

It is not until recently that christians learnt it is wrong to kill people that don’t believe in your god.

Was your religion headed by the ‘prince of darkness’ ??

Mickierocksman

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

As a Muslims , I tell you what the Muslims may be thinking about mocking their special prophet. The one who brought their holy book for them.

They think that west is moving to a new age of lust and disbelieving.

This has been started for years ,now.

Those who started mocking religion and prophets. Lets call them disbelieving prophets.

They brought the grammar to daily life of western people.

They are used to mock everything religious they get , holiness , Mary , Jesus and ... in their entertainment shows.

At the end of the day , a young western teenager may think "who is Jesus who is being mocked ? . This is a joke . the whole religion is a joke. lets make joke. let's do anything bad and see what the consequence is"

Muslims don't want this to happen for them.

Muslims (generally) have and they will stand for the honor of their special prophet (peace be upon him).

I suggest those Christians stand for their belief and respect their special prophet ,too.

We can live in peace with respect boundaries of freedom.

Freedom is not equal mocking each other's belief.

I started this thread to make some thing clear for other members.

+ I don't defend those who threaten western people.

Love and peace.
edit on 3-10-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

OP, I find your post to be very enlightened, and enlightening.

You are right about the way America treats prophets. You know why this is? America has no prophet of its own.

USA is waiting for the Messiah just like Israel, because the capitalism and evil here is not compatible with the teachings of Jesus or with Mohammed. That makes USA dangerous... it's waiting for the Antichrist and doesn't even realize it.

I wrote an article once, comparing three prophets: Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed. You know that Moses' first action upon receiving the law was "casting the stones" (i.e. tablets of law) down onto the people -- he threw the 10 Commandments from the side of the mountain Gandalf Style and it caused an earthquake, actually.

Jesus didn't throw his rock -- the Pharisees dragged Mary Magdalene to Jesus to be judged and stoned, but he forgave her and embarrassed the "holy men" with their own vile sins. Jesus' rock is the good example he left for us. It's the kind of rock you can build on.

As for Mohammed, I plead ignorance. I don't know enough about the man. But I believe God may have raised Mohammed to be a preserver of culture, and if not that, perhaps he was to be the preservation of the Wild. After all, Esau was a wild man and Ishmael was a wild man, and the "world is aginst them" whether they will it or no. Because they were mighty and would not bow to the oppressors.

I don't like what happens to true prophets in America. You know what happens? They get accused of mental illness and put on drugs that ruin their minds forever. So that no one else can hear anything that didn't first come out of a metal box.

Prophecy is one of the things that makes us human -- it is like the wind.
If the Torah is like fire, prophecy is the wind that carries the fire.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Andcoulter

I said they are diametrically opposed, the antithesis of each other.

Which is a dichotomy. You asked why I said it before looking it up, then asked what two things I was referring to after quoting you directly writing about just those two things.

Now you are up to speed?

Why?
I don't honestly know, there are probably quite a few contributory factors - none of which alters the fact that Islam is predisposed to the submission to Allah's will in accordance with Koranic law - Sharia - whilst 'western' civilization promotes free will.

So you have no idea why you think a specific CULTURE is the opposite of a specific RELIGION? Yet you press on with it?
I kind of need to know why you would say so much stuff you cannot even explain why you say.
Is Purple the opposite of Sweet? Is pleasure the opposite of furniture?

Since there are Muslims in Western Culture, it is not even remotely logical to say they are opposed to each other. My very Western Muslim friends really want me to get an answer out of you.

THEY WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THEM AS WESTERNERS!!!!
Seriously. They are born and raised in America but Muslim.
There are very stark differences between different Muslims from different CULTURES. I have yet to be murdered as an infidel of forced to cover myself. Hell, I let my cleavage hang out all the while they are talking. We can even get into what they actually think about that sometime some other place if you like because it is a very WESTERN view that they have, you know, as Western Culture Muslims.

Is blond the opposite of male?

As a result conflict between the two will always be common place when they come into close contact.

Again my Western Muslim friends want to know what hole on your body you pulled that out of.

Now, I'm sorry but I don't see what isn't clear about that or what is hard to understand or weird - you are the one who is playing with semantics.
edit on 3/10/12 by Freeborn because: clarity

I am actually carrying this conversation back to some of my Muslim friends because I found it interesting and thought they would. Amazingly, my Muslim friends also do not understand why you say they are the opposite of Westerners because of their religion.

It makes no sense at all unless you are confusing Islam with ME culture. Now two different cultures can be diametrically opposed. Two religions can be diametrically opposed. A religion and a culture where the two spend quite a bit of time mingling together are two completely different things. You can have on or the other or BOTH or none. You cannot have everything and nothing because those are opposites.

Perhaps we are not speaking the same language. I am a Westerner.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
A serious question that has yet to be answered.

If Islam is The Religion of Peace, why is it involved in every conflict we see in the world today?

In some cases, it's even Muslim vs Muslim.

I am sorry, can you list these conflicts for me?
Leave out all the ones that involve Christians.
I want to see what is left on the list after that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I agree with you. Just like I agree its stupid that a block away from me, people are dying over colors. But I still am not gonna walk over there and say "i hate the color red. It's stupid! Blue is much better!!" unless I have an army behind me. So, I'll talk about how stupid gangs, and religious people who don't follow religion properly, are in the privacy of my own home, around my close friends. Kinda like I do with the "N" word. You know... Nipples!!! Hehehehe!! I don't know why, but I always giggle out of control when I hear or say that word! Real embarassing in public... (i snort when I laugh) I'm sure its just a stage, and I'll grow out if it. Yep, just one of those stages some people go through that lasts over half their life, but then one day it ends, when the person dies, bc then they can't physically giggle anymore... Yeah, its probably just one of those...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja

This thread was made to inform some people about the truth.

People better get some time to think about it instead of rushing to send replies.

+ I am getting some time to think about other's comments , myself.

There are many boundaries and limits in freedom of other aspects of life.

Social respect can be a good boundary for freedom of speech.

specially for the ones who choose to believe.

Respect

quite the double edged sword.

Freedom of speech exists to allow things to change so people can question and defy.

If we were to be forced to "Respect" no philosophy no matter how awful would ever be challenged

By your way of thought if we applied this to all belief systems i'd have to "Respect" Nambla, Nazi's and all sorts of wonderful people.

Naw... I'll take Rude. Because some people need to be treated rudely

I have challenged many people peacefully and respectfully and I have seen that the the result is good almost 99% of times.

IMO , there is always a way of respectful way for challenging.

Challenging demands courage and being courage shouldn't involve being rude.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mideast

Why do you feel you have the right to tell others what they can and cannot say?

Because he's afraid of what they WILL Say.

There never actually is any other reason.

Freedom of speech would expose this all for what it really is, a horrific method of human control and subjugation.

You judged me and you want to play the all knowing guy ?

You better learn the difference between a hard challenge and an unfair mockery.

Although mockery is always unfair.

Because the believer who is mocked can not find a way of mocking.

This is so silly that I say "please don't mock us"

And you say "we mock who ever we want"

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

As a Muslims , I tell you what the Muslims may be thinking about mocking their special prophet. The one who brought their holy book for them.

They think that west is moving to a new age of lust and disbelieving.

This has been started for years ,now.

Muslims don't want this to happen for them.

Muslims (generally) have and they will stand for the honor of their special prophet (peace be upon him).

+ I don't defend those who threaten western people.

Love and peace.

An age of lust and disbelief eh? Compared to an age of oppression, fear, discrimination and violence.
Hmm let me think which one sounds better.
Let me also tell you that LUST is obviously far more of a problem to muslim men than western ones. Because there are so many rules to cover your women in large black sacks and keep them away from men because your men are obviously incapable of facing a women without wanting to have sex with her.
Here in the west us women can have male friends and never have sex with them, it is called civilised behaviour, something that muslims [men] may want to learn.
I do not care if you are offended by my opinions because I do not believe in any god and have only myself to answer to. And I am happy with my conduct.
I honour nature and animals, I am polite and not a criminal, women and men are equal in my mind and guess what?
I don;t need a book or a person who lived hundreds of years ago [remember times change and people evolve] to tell me what is right or wrong. I KNOW what is right and what is wrong because my parents brought me up properly and I have a brain.

I am so sick and tired of religions that I feel ill reading about their arguments. Even though Islam is not a religion but an ideology, such as Marxism or communism.
Islam is not about finding your soul or peace with all living creatures. It isn't about reaching a higher state of being or calmness it is about war, killing and conquering all in order to force others into the same way of thinking.
I am deeply offended by people selling me something under false pretense and giving me only two choices: Join or I kill you.
Fortunately there is a third choice; I can ignore all of you religious types and do my best to educate others to use their brains.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I hope you do realize that many countries who have a huge influx of muslim immigrants, also welcome a huge influx of crime and violence. I'm not saying all Muslims are violent and crazy, but its what's happening all over the world right now. Look at youtube, look at how people in western countries are being treated in Muslim neighborhoods.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

Originally posted by muse7
Don't mean to offend but

This whole thing is just childish don't you think? Why do you people care if someone makes fun of the god you worship?

This is a polite reply.

We think that we should respect each other's belief. Those disbelievers can mock prophets anytime they want. But they shouldn't do it in general entertainment and mass mind injection media tools.

There are always boundaries for freedom everywhere.

I think respect is a reasonable boundary of freedom. Specially respecting group of people.

are you sure these boundaries werent invented to slowly condition us to give away that particular freedom? just wondering

The ones who want to believe should be afraid of any challenge or they will never proceed.

Some religious people are afraid of challenge. But that's OK. They feel like they are weak. No one can make them challenge themselves.

+ doing some studies on how human beings got civilized , shows that they understood the value of concepts , then they made a boundary to make sure they can easily achieve that value.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

This is so silly that I say "please don't mock us"

And you say "we mock who ever we want"

Exactly the point.

'Please don't mock us'. Not don't mock everybody, not don't mock at all.

Don't mock us, setting aside one group as special above all others.

To which the only answer is the one you gave above. I'll mock whomever I damn well please.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join