It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Muslims think about mocking prophets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
reply to post by newcovenant

But let him make a funny drawing of Muhammad and little 9 year old Aisha and see what happens. I think his smile would disappear rather quickly.

Since it is pertinent to the conversation I invite you to MEET THE MUSLIMS.....

What Muslims think about AMERICANS not mocking prophets....No, Rick Steve's is not purposefully disrespecting their God as a guest in their land (which is like being white, going to Harlem and screaming out the N word) so maybe we really can't tell anything about the people....Actually - Yes we can. Iranians LOVE Americans and are quick to tell you so.

Here, Rick Steve's Europe travels to modern day Iran and speaks to the people. He tells all of them he is from America and they treat him like a long lost friend.

edit on 3-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I lived in a Muslim country and now have 200 Muslims who work for me. I know for a fact that they can be friendly and hospitable to Westerners. All is well as long as you are perceived as respecting their religion and their prophet. The friendly atmosphere will dissolve quickly if you step on their toes. That is just human nature. The problem is that once the imams or clerics hear about the perceived insult, they can quickly whip the crowd into a frenzy. I saw it firsthand in Indonesia.

The solution in my opinion is to take away the power from the Imams. clerics and religious police. Then people will be more inclined to "live and let live".
edit on 10/3/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

We can live in peace with respect boundaries of freedom.

Tell that to the people who call themselves muslim but believe all infidels must die, and right now, not when the mahdi shows up.

If a christian was going to be shot in the head by an extremist would you stand in the way and protect him with your own life? Or would you stand by and watch and be afraid to act, seeking to preserve your own life? Because that is what it would take for us all to live in peace. Could you sacrifice your own life to save the life of an infidel? If the answer is no then now you know why we cannot live in peace, and you would be party to the problem.

It's about putting others before yourself. God hates selfishness but loves mercy, forgiveness and compassion. Can you be selfless and walk into death's maw knowing you were going to die, to take someone else's place in death?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

They are saying what they want actually.

And you are trying to stop them from saying what they want.. That is the issue.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Freedom is not equal mocking each other's belief.

Actually….that IS freedom - Freedom of Speech. American’s have that freedom and Muslims need to understand that they cannot intimidate everyone with threats and violence.

Deal with it......there is a thing called tolerance......Muslims should practice some rather than just demanding it for themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I don't much care a hoot what they think, believe want or dislike. I really don't. They're not precious. They're a spoilt brat.

I don't care if they are upset, offended, cry or have a sook that some idiot made a movie. I don't.

I don't care if they are upset, mad, angry or bothered that some idiot draws a cartoon. I really don't.

I *DO* care that they get violent at the drop of a hat, rampage across the planet, kill innocent people and then have the god damned audacity to say "Islam is peaceful. YOU EVIL UGLY SATAN WORSHIPPERS MADE US DO IT."

SOD OFF.

The worlds little spoiilt baby is having a tantrum and mother humanity is too scared to take it's bib away for fear it will purposely get sick on itself.

BAH HUMBUG.

I don't care really. And you can replace islam in this claim with any self appointed self proclaimed important cult. Load of bollocks.

Sorry Mohammod, you didn't do a good job with your flock. Or.... *DID* you?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
The christian God says that if you even look at another Human with anger in your eyes you have committed murder.

Isn't that with adultery? Look at another mans wife is the same as sleeping with her?

See how stupid religion is? GOD may be a nice guy but sadly religion has ruined everything for him. Which is a shame, because I've heard good things about an all an omnipotent being that gives presents to nice people.

Ahhah wait, thats Santa.

My bad..

Forgive me for I know not what I do.. Heyy if it works for 2 crims strung up next to a dude on a stick, why not?!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Is this what we see west is doing to the world ?

No.

Then we don't see religion ruling western countries.

So , why is that ?

That is because religion has been fading away from people's lives.

They talk about love and they invade and kill.

Funny, Islam hears that all westerners want to invade and kill.. They LOVE to invade and kill.

How many ATS people support that? Nary a handful, and they are representtive of a minority.. No?

Yet all we hear is "Death to America!" "Death to the West!" "Behead those who insult the prophet!"

Is this as true are your claim?

Peace.... Or pieces...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
We think that we should respect each other's belief. Those disbelievers can mock prophets anytime they want. But they shouldn't do it in general entertainment and mass mind injection media tools.

There are always boundaries for freedom everywhere.

I think respect is a reasonable boundary of freedom. Specially respecting group of people.

So, freedom for you is all well and dandy until someone says somthing that pisses you off?

Newsflash. Freedom is about being able to say anything, ESPECIALLY if it pisses someone off. After all, they are just words, arent they?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
OP, I do appreciate your attempts at educating the western world as to how Muslims feel. I understand that to be the point of your starting this thread.

Of course, the "freedom of speech" thing comes into full swing as people say they have a right to mock any religion or person they want to. Fair enough. Then I guess the "hate speech" laws should be tossed out too, since they violate the whole "I can say whatever I want" paradigm. I truly believe that, BTW. We have selective laws which protect select groups of people against hate speech, but apparently it's open season on Muslims. Nice and convenient for any upcoming wars in which we bomb the crap out of them.

I think anybody should be able to say anything they want, about anybody or anything, at all times.

However, why would anybody want to? Why would somebody want to upset others so deeply? Be aware that words are very powerful, and if you exercise your right to free speech, understand that you might upset another person to the point to where they feel they need to do something in response. That's just human nature.

I appreciate the peace-loving and kind aspects of religion, and I detest the parts of any religion which preach hatred, segregation, and killing.

So far, I haven't been negatively affected by Islam (although my mainstream media is continually telling me differently), and those I know who practice this religion have been very polite and kind people. So I respect their right to exist and believe as they do, and as I care about other people, I will not insult their belief system, because I don't get off on offending others, as some people seem to.

However, if Islam starts to affect me negatively in any way, I reserve my right to yell it from the rooftops.

Thanks for putting out your view, OP. It always helps to know how others feel.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

In what way does being opposed to radical Islam equate to hate speech? I have a great deal of respect for Islamic cultures, I have many Muslim friends and acquaintances. Every Muslim I've ever met has been polite, downright affable. I worked for an Iraqi guy in Alberta who was an absolute hoot, the guy knew every joke in the book, I still chuckle to this day at some of his zingers. I love Islamic cuisine, and I happen to think that the Muslim world has some of the most exotically beautiful women in the world.

But none of those things changes the fact that the rise and spread of radical Islamism the the biggest threat to our culture. The Islamists who believe thet we, the kuffir, are less than dogs, our lives meaningless, are ruining it for the vast majority of good, tolerant, hardworking Muslim immigrants.

I genuinely do not feel that Islam is an inherently violent or dangerous faith, certainly not any more so than the other Abrahamic religions
edit on 3-10-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is there any level of criticism against Islam, Muhammad or the Quran that would not be deemed offensive?
Any statement made that denies Allah, or that Muhammad was a true prophet is considered offensive. This is a losing proposition to anyone that that would dare discuss the flaws of Islam.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Isn't that with adultery? Look at another mans wife is the same as sleeping with her?

See how stupid religion is?

That's not what Jesus says.

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

It's not about "looking" at a woman, it's about lusting after a woman. And he doesn't say it's the same as sleeping with her, he said it's adultery in your heart. What is so stupid about that? If you fantasize about banging another man's wife, you are wanting to be with her, hence the adultery in your heart. Makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Mocking the Prophet by an obscure extremely small group of individuals?

Response from Muslims?
Earns mass rioting, murder with threats of beheading because it disrespects their beliefs.

Blowing up an Ancient Buddhist Statue in Afghanistan by a small group of Islamic fanatics?

Response from Muslims?

LOL. Beyond the cricket being mildly annoying, nothing happened it just went on about it's business just like another day. And yeah i actually watched it all the way to the end lol.
edit on 3-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by mideast

Freedom is not equal mocking each other's belief.

Actually….that IS freedom - Freedom of Speech. American’s have that freedom and Muslims need to understand that they cannot intimidate everyone with threats and violence.

Deal with it......there is a thing called tolerance......Muslims should practice some rather than just demanding it for themselves.

I beg to differ. Billary Clinton is falling all over herself and buying time on Pakistani tv to decry "innocense of muslims", that ain't excersicing free speech that's bending over and accepting getting cornholed by Islam. Not only that but she's giving billions of american tax payers money to help smooth relations between islam and the U.S. showing that we are kosher with allowing 50 year old men to marry and have sex with 9 year old girls. I'm pretty sure she's already spoken the "there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger" oath secretly at a midnight meeting with God alone knows who else sold us out, perhaps Barry Soeterro leading her in the prayer?

That ain't free speech that's saying "F**k free speech, Allah Ahkbar!"
edit on 3-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Probably because the west is who invades their country. North Korea doesn't have millions of troops and lots of embassies in the Middle East. If we don't want to hear there opinions too then we should get out of their country. And maybe I'm stupid but everyone is hating on people that stand up and respect their god and prophets. I don't agree with killing, but also don't agree with the videos made

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Religion is a personal and group belief.

If that religion ,if that belief gives the green light to harming others in defense of they're beliefs,well that's not ok in my book.

Now,what is really going on is a struggle for power between humans,between races.
Those that have and those that don't have.
Who do you think will produce the angry mobs?
It's a war between an older civilization versus a younger one.
The older is dying out,the younger continues to grow.

Kind of reminds me of this poem,
Dylan Thomas,

Do not go gentle into that good night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

www.poets.org...

A new way is coming and those in power fear it.
edit on 3-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I personally don't find it necessary to mock prophets. I do find it necessary to scrutinize all dogma and their adherents with a rigid skeptical eye. This isn't disrespect, but love, for oneself and for mankind.

If one allows mockery to affect their dogmas, supposedly held with ultimate conviction, it means he himself is questioning his beliefs.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Mideast,
I thank you for your calm and kind manner in touching upon a very sensitive subject. I myself am far from gentle with the same subject, but when there is a tone of civility and honor, I will in turn respect and honor.
Many years ago, Iran and its surrounding neighbors had cities that held magnificent colleges and universities. The ideas and principles of algebra were crafted there ( much to my educational dismay) as well as concise studies of art, prose, and science.
The Islamic lands were forward thinking, economic powerhouses that helped to secure and regulate the flow of the silk roads in and out of far Cathay. There are still historical treasures waiting to be found buried within the sands of these ancient lands.
The people are beautiful and intelligent.... now here comes the sad part.
Just as we southerners have our hate spouting bible thumping narrow minded preachers, there are also those Imams who take liberties with your Holy Book. Unfortunately, somebody thought it would be a cute idea to throw mud at another religion, and in the worst possible way. Heck, I saw the stupid thing just wondering what the stink was about... and I have to say, I'm insulted as well. I can see how easily the Imams could set this spark of hate to the tinder dry emotions of their followers. I find that in this instance, the Imams acted in their own best interest. They knew, KNEW what what happen. Just like back in the bad old days of the early 20th century when lynchings were common, preachers would just have to start a rumor and then... well, you get the picture.
I admit my ignorance, Mid, in not having read the entire K'oran. I have read passages though that ask people to be nice to each other though. Even when you or all you care about is disrespected, you are to know in your heart that Allah and His Prophet are above all this petty foolishness, and in turn, so are those who keep Allah and His Prophet in their hearts and minds. That is why the Islamic lands were so forward long ago. Every man, woman, and child had that peace in their hearts, and kept above the fray of pettiness. Somewhere along the line, just like with christians, hate wiggled its way in, though, and found fertile ground. Now those grounds are choked in the weeds of hate on both sides, and its hard to see the love and peace that once existed. May all of our cultures find a way to remove the poison of anger and bitterness from our hearts, minds, and lives, and once more rise above such foolishness. That will be the only way we can all live as Allah would will it, I think.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
As Christians and Muslims, hey even Jews are "people of the book" then theoretically we're closer in our cultural dogma than it may appear at first glance. Apart from the west blowing stuff up and generally under-mining middle eastern governments, their real problem is really the Political Confucianism belief in China which has little time for Islam and other Abrahamic beliefs. It'll be interesting to see if a conflict arises once the West's dominance in the region wanes and China steps in, theoretically of course.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join