It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Muslims think about mocking prophets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

What nonsense

"limits to freedom"

Anyone who has ever read a history book knows what has happened at the hands of anyone that has ever used the words "limits to freedom"

No one should be verbally untouchable, negative schools of thought shouldn't be allowed to fester and grow and subvert a Nation or a Community against the will of it's people.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mideast

Why do you feel you have the right to tell others what they can and cannot say?

Because he's afraid of what they WILL Say.

There never actually is any other reason.

Freedom of speech would expose this all for what it really is, a horrific method of human control and subjugation.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by muse7
Don't mean to offend but

This whole thing is just childish don't you think? Why do you people care if someone makes fun of the god you worship?

This is a polite reply.

We think that we should respect each other's belief. Those disbelievers can mock prophets anytime they want. But they shouldn't do it in general entertainment and mass mind injection media tools.

There are always boundaries for freedom everywhere.

I think respect is a reasonable boundary of freedom. Specially respecting group of people.

are you sure these boundaries werent invented to slowly condition us to give away that particular freedom? just wondering

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Zack241
I understand that we should perform Jihad when someone tells lies about Islam and we should do something about it,

And there in is a big part of the problem ...

- What Muslims call 'lies' about Islam are many times just people telling the truth. Example - When a non-muslim says Muhammad was a murderer and a thief ... that is just a non-muslim telling the truth. Muhammad being a murderer of political opponents and a thief is well documented. But many Muslims go nutz when that truth is told and they violently riot and kill people.

- Going on 'Jihad' because people don't buy into what Islam is trying to sell .. that's not a live and let live policy. That's Islam insinuating itself onto others. That's Islam not respecting the rights of others to believe as they wish.

Jihad have many meanings and it does not have to be violent. It even has a spiritual side that from my point of view point towards the death of your ego/small mind that is used in all religious and spiritual seeking.

In Modern Standard Arabic, jihad is one of the correct terms for a struggle for any cause, violent or not, religious or secular (though كفاح kifāḥ is also used).[citation needed] For instance, Mahatma Gandhi's satyagraha struggle for Indian independence is called a "jihad" in Modern Standard Arabic (as well as many other dialects of Arabic); the terminology is also applied to the fight for women's liberation.[15]

The term 'jihad' has accrued both violent and non-violent meanings. It can simply mean striving to live a moral and virtuous life, spreading and defending Islam as well as fighting injustice and oppression, among other things.[16] The relative importance of these two forms of jihad is a matter of controversy. A poll by Gallup showed that a "significant majority" of Muslim Indonesians define the term to mean "sacrificing one's life for the sake of Islam/God/a just cause" or "fighting against the opponents of Islam". In Lebanon, Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco, the majority used the term to mean "duty toward God", a "divine duty", or a "worship of God", with no militaristic connotations. Other responses referenced, in descending order of prevalence:
"A commitment to hard work" and "achieving one's goals in life"
"Struggling to achieve a noble cause"
"Promoting peace, harmony or cooperation, and assisting others"
"Living the principles of Islam"[17]

Spiritual struggle

Muslim scholar Mahmoud Ayoub states that "The goal of true jihad is to attain a harmony between islam (submission), iman (faith), and ihsan (righteous living)."[27]

In modern times, Pakistani scholar and professor Fazlur Rahman Malik has used the term to describe the struggle to establish "just moral-social order",[28] while President Habib Bourguiba of Tunisia has used it to describe the struggle for economic development in that country.[29]

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Don't mean to offend but

This whole thing is just childish don't you think? Why do you people care if someone makes fun of the god you worship?

Non believers are already damned according to most religions, so why not just let them have their fun before they are shipped to hell?

Also most people in the Western world live in countries with freedom of speech, and I don't think any religion should be exempted from criticism or mockery.

when did it become our duty to mock & criticize?

only an uneducated fool with brain damage would offer mockery as an intelligent discussion basis.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Let's not be coy. When a Lebanese Hezbollah-owned newspaper publishes the obituary of a fighter killed in another country, stating simply that he died doing his 'Jihadi duty', it's painfully obvious what that means.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970
only an uneducated fool with brain damage would offer mockery as an intelligent discussion basis.

Political cartoons and satire tell the truth in a way that gets the point across when 'intelligent discussion' doesn't manage to do so. Sometimes people can only see the truth when it is put in that form. For example ... Southpark manytimes gets a point across using cartoon and mockery ... and they do a darn good job of it.

Example - Southpark Episode - voting for a new mascot

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not sure what to say.
I guess it's not news for me what you said.

But at least there should be more sounds of critising who defend their prophet/belief with violence? Is there any?

Better just laugh about a stupid comic then get in rage and hate! So they (muslims) should get more active in judging those few who blow up stuff and getting really hatefull then concentrating on some guy who made a stupid comic or seeing such guy ''as the whole west''.

Like we should (the west) should get more active with stopping these stupid wars for reasons like money and power/control/fear.

There are always a few which gets allot of attention. But they don't represent you or me. The west/christianity or muslims.

We got a very anti muslim guy ''Wilders'' in politics but we also have many mosque's, how many christian churches are build in muslim country's with government money for example.

But there is always hope, with love and respect you can get far, who know's there is more room for that later.
For now, it seems to get worse since love and respect are hard to find on both sides.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Andcoulter

You are not really asking me that are you? I quoted it exactly from you so there would no confusion. Here it is again.

To be perfectly honest with you, in my self-educated ignorance I really had little understanding of the word 'dichotomy' until reading your post.

I have no idea how some of the basic, different mind sets / viewpoints / beliefs etc became a 'dichotomy', I can only suggest that maybe after up to 1400years of Islam it's teachings and beliefs have seeped into the very essence of Middle Eastern society and culture.

You are the one that set them up as a dichotomy in your post in your own words. You cannot explain why you would do that? You would even inquire something knowing full well you did not even know what you were asking?

This thread is weird.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mideast

Why do you feel you have the right to tell others what they can and cannot say?

They are saying what they want actually.

But mutual respect is what you are missing to look at as a goal.

Is that much ?

respect?... i have no respect for any god that says, obey me or you will die.....i have no master that i need to kneel to. nor will i be a slave to, or a disciple for, any vengeful and arrogant god.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My thoughts on this:

I want to live in sin, i love sex, i love money, i love technology,
i love fast food, i love to watch naked women on the weebs...

So does my wife. And she wares a bikini with minimal coverage
at the beach, she bathes with men in the bath house...

WHO are you/muslim/islam to tell me, my wife, that we cant do these
things. We do not belive in your profets/god or ANY god.
We are not part of you religion.

If we go to, let say Afganistan. We would been thrown to jail or
deported. Yet, you demand to have the RIGHT to do what YOUR
religion tells you, in MY country...

Here, you are NOT allowed to kill your sister or doughter if she sleeps with
a man of another religion.
Here, if a woman wants to she can bathe TOPLES at the beaches, NO MATTER
what religion shes in. But if a muslim woman would do that, bad things would
happen to her..And im still HERE....

Now tell me....

Why the "beep" should we respect you, when you OBVIOUSLY dont respect US...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I dont give a rats ass What Muslims think about mocking prophets.

If they can not handle free speech then let them kill themselves over it..

No ones fault except themselves they can not learn that free speech
is a fundamental right of being a human being...

IN closing GET OVER IT

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Mocking the Prophet by an obscure extremely small group of individuals?

Response from Muslims?
Earns mass rioting, murder with threats of beheading because it disrespects their beliefs.

Blowing up an Ancient Buddhist Statue in Afghanistan by a small group of Islamic fanatics?

Response from Muslims?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Andcoulter

I said they are diametrically opposed, the antithesis of each other.

Why?
I don't honestly know, there are probably quite a few contributory factors - none of which alters the fact that Islam is predisposed to the submission to Allah's will in accordance with Koranic law - Sharia - whilst 'western' civilization promotes free will.
As a result conflict between the two will always be common place when they come into close contact.

Now, I'm sorry but I don't see what isn't clear about that or what is hard to understand or weird - you are the one who is playing with semantics.
edit on 3/10/12 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I don't wan't to be disrespectful, but religion is a tool. Not a tool for you and I. But a tool to devide, controle and conquer the mass's. They create differences between you and I. Then teach us to hate our differences when infact we are the same. We are humans and that is all that should matter. I've said it many times and I will say it again. A people divded are a people easily controled. I'm not saying don't be spiritual, on the contrary be spiritual to your hearts content because bottom line, the god you pray to, the god my neigbour prays to, the god the people around the world pray to are one of the same. Only under a different name.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I believe in mocking people that are alive and able to defend themselves, not mocking people that are long gone.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I just saw the travel show, Rick Steve's Iran and he was in Tehran. What a great episode. The people smiled and welcomed him when he told them he was American. One woman called out ...We love America! Over all this was the sentiment of the people. Far from hating America...they want to be like us.

We are being misled by people who want to start a war but are too small and do not have the guts to start it themselves, though they talk tough. I will leave people to figure who this is for themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A serious question that has yet to be answered.

If Islam is The Religion of Peace, why is it involved in every conflict we see in the world today?

In some cases, it's even Muslim vs Muslim.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

But let him make a funny drawing of Muhammad and little 9 year old Aisha and see what happens. I think his smile would disappear rather quickly.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Just like western country's, where religion is used as an excuse for war.

If that doesn't work anymore, just use words like ''freedom'' and ''terrorists''.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join