It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Someone on here posted that the reason the guy who emailed her probably wouldn't go on a debate with her was because he, too, was probably fat. Sounds reasonable. However, I just saw a photo of this Krause guy and he looks totally fit. I have to say the email was not supposed to be rude, just that he was was concerned, but that it came off as being bullying. I get that he was trying to help and sent her a PRIVATE email (not a public tweet).

She, however, called him out on it and ripped him one on public tv. When I saw it I was embarrassed for her. Not because she's overweight but that she took it upon herself to rake this man over the coals. In my mind she took it too personally and lashed out. It sounds to me like she has a confidence issue and isn't happy with it like she says.

Dana Bash of CNN called her a hero. Why is she a hero? I don't get it. She is a tv personality and is supposed to report the news. And, I hate to say it, but the news is reporting that America is becoming obese. Not a single state, including Colorado, has an obesity rate under 20%. This is an epidemic, people. We need to get it under control. It is not an appearance issue, it is a health issue!
edit on 4-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Then it doesn't address the bullying issue that needs to stop. As she pointed out, if he is at home, saying these things to his children, he is now creating more bullies.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Only in the USA can a person claim an email pointing out that a person may wish to lose some weight as they
are supposed to be role models can be classed as bullying.

Im surprised this news anchor could come back at a guy when clearly she has about as much respect for herself as any person who has zero self control.

To stand up in public and call someone a bully just because he pointed out that she is grossly overweight is a joke. It is funny how everyone nowadays hides behind a series of words terrorism, bully, phobia just because they are being brought to shame.

Being fat is HER fault and she needs to recognize that she disgusting. I have no patience for fatties. Self indulgent self abusers. Being fat is not a disease it is purely down to laziness and stupidity. Even those who claim hyperthyroidism hide behind a stat that shows only 4% of Americans actually have anything near to that.

She did well to stand up for herself as most fatties would of crumbled into dust and looked for the nearest bakery but to label someone a bully is childish. She needs a lesson in self control and getting off her butt and doing something that resembles an activity that doesn't involve the TV and pies.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by winofiend

Then it doesn't address the bullying issue that needs to stop. As she pointed out, if he is at home, saying these things to his children, he is now creating more bullies.

Or, if he stands by the rhetoric of his mail, he will have children that are aware of the dangers of obesity and who believes in and are aware of that the greater the influence you have on other people, the greater the responsibilities you have - and that awareness a pretty darn important if you, say, have a younger sibling.

Read his mail a second or a third time. He really doesn't come across as bullying.
edit on 4-10-2012 by DupontDeux because: inserting missing letter

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Daughter2

LOL @ the women in this thread defending what this woman did. You all use the same excuses. Oh,I had 3-4-7 kids.OH I have a medical problem.NO.You have a I eat to much problem.And the same goes for overweight men.Women just tend to use excuses more then men do.

Misogynist much? Some people hardly eat at all and get fat. Its been studied. I think the MODS SHOULD CLOSE THIS THREAD AND RENDER THIS TOPIC UNPOSTABLE EVER AGAIN. This thread is so full of hatred and bias that it needs to go. What has happened to this place? Its like 4 CHAN's B now!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
sorry, double post
edit on 4-10-2012 by DupontDeux because: fail

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I agree with you.

You should report it to the mods.

There is an awful lot of bigotry in this thread.

But I guess society must always has its acceptable targets. The only thing they do is shift targets. Society has to hate people who are different than them and there is no reall acceptance of people who are different.

I'm sorry to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

He may have been rude but I would not go far as to say he is a bully? Imo that's a cop out of sympathy on her part. Bullying is not the issue here the issue is the woman wears her heart on her sleeve and brought her personal feelings in to the forum of the NEWS. She should have took on the real problem... Obesity in America! She is indeed FAT in other words over weight. We are living in a country where free speech is suppose to be practiced. However everything is so pc now it's a hate crime to hate or even make a comment about someones appearance. The video did not own him either and im not defending the guy. If she wanted to make a statement she should have gone on a diet and when losing said weight she could have mentioned she won the battle of the bulge instead of doing a whole segment. I like to be as politically incorrect as i can be to invoke discussion and prove a point. But like the issue is here the root of the problem is these kinds of people labeling you a bully for being offended by your opinion are part of a greater problem. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows! She is an adult not a child.

A bully is someone who follows you home after school and beats you up, beats you up on the play ground. Takes your lunch money. A bully is someone that stalks you and f# with your real life and you cant fight back. This woman fired back stood up for herself defended herself so she was not bullied because she had a say. Shes not a victim. I dont care if she is a sweet heart with a gland problem or inherited diabeetus. Tall short skinny or fat, black or white people will say what they think of others mean or constructive criticism humans being human. People cant pretend to be something they are not it's called being disingenuous or fake.

It's like the deal with Adalia Rose. People tell her she is beautiful and perfect ... it's more insulting to lie to the kid it's almost cruel. People who say she is hideous are going against the grain , the mother parades her around for attention and money. When people say she is hard to look at and that she needs to stop being made a spectacle side show they are called horrible people and trolls haters ect. They are being honest and realistic.... that's frowned on. We are suppose to lie and tell people they are something they are not? It's absurd, same applies here. So the guy wrote the woman a letter he may have the personality of a d-bag but it's his opinion. You don't have to like peoples opinions and you don't have to agree with them. And nobody should care what other people think and if they do then they should make changes and be receptive to criticism. She is insecure she needs to work in that. It's America love it or leave it.

Just my two cents

Personally i like em chubby

edit on 4-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
People Are People
by Depeche Mode

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I never even met you
So what could I have done

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

Help me understand

Now you're punching and you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fist

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man

Help me understand

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't say he was bullying her, I had saw the video the other day on youtube, but I wouldn't say she destroyed him either, if he was trolling she gave him what he desired. I thought to myself, what a slow news day, you're suppose to ignore the haters if you are secure with yourself because you know you don't gaf.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by yuppa

I agree with you.

You should report it to the mods.

There is an awful lot of bigotry in this thread.

But I guess society must always has its acceptable targets. The only thing they do is shift targets. Society has to hate people who are different than them and there is no reall acceptance of people who are different.

I'm sorry to say.

Yes, but is it a punchable offense?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

While you're just trying to zap me for the cop thread and my unpopular opinion that a person has a right to defend themselves because people like you want to hurt people without retaliation, I would say yes. The guy wrote that letter should be put in the hospital for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Daughter2

LOL @ the women in this thread defending what this woman did. You all use the same excuses. Oh,I had 3-4-7 kids.OH I have a medical problem.NO.You have a I eat to much problem.And the same goes for overweight men.Women just tend to use excuses more then men do.

Misogynist much? Some people hardly eat at all and get fat. Its been studied. I think the MODS SHOULD CLOSE THIS THREAD AND RENDER THIS TOPIC UNPOSTABLE EVER AGAIN. This thread is so full of hatred and bias that it needs to go. What has happened to this place? Its like 4 CHAN's B now!

m0ralf@g$ are part of the problem see above, if you ever been on /b/ long enough you will understand the gist behind and the meaning of LULZ you would get it. Irony is your avatar was a /b/ meme before it became proactive despite the film. And /b/ has influenced just about anyone you can imagine possible on the internet with it's sub culture in some shape or form. You cant have a world of absolute positivity everything is polarized. The idea of a G rated ATS would defeat the purpose of discussion. I enjoy the flame wars.

- some old dude
edit on 4-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

While you're just trying to zap me for the cop thread and my unpopular opinion that a person has a right to defend themselves because people like you want to hurt people without retaliation, I would say yes. The guy wrote that letter should be put in the hospital for it.

I'm sorry but I can't take the opinion of a person who thinks there is such a thing in police training as a "punchable offense" seriously. Mr.PC needs to relearn common sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I can't take somebody seriously who says that a person has to sit down and take abuse and not fight back because they're a nobody.

And I really don't care what you think.

We'll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that, because anything else will derail this awful thread.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I thinks it's already there sir.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Someone on here posted that the reason the guy who emailed her probably wouldn't go on a debate with her was because he, too, was probably fat. Sounds reasonable. However, I just saw a photo of this Krause guy and he looks totally fit. I have to say the email was not supposed to be rude, just that he was was concerned, but that it came off as being bullying. I get that he was trying to help and sent her a PRIVATE email (not a public tweet).

She, however, called him out on it and ripped him one on public tv. When I saw it I was embarrassed for her. Not because she's overweight but that she took it upon herself to rake this man over the coals. In my mind she took it too personally and lashed out. It sounds to me like she has a confidence issue and isn't happy with it like she says.

Dana Bash of CNN called her a hero. Why is she a hero? I don't get it. She is a tv personality and is supposed to report the news. And, I hate to say it, but the news is reporting that America is becoming obese. Not a single state, including Colorado, has an obesity rate under 20%. This is an epidemic, people. We need to get it under control. It is not an appearance issue, it is a health issue!

Guess what else he is though--an ambulance chaser.And he graduated from a private law school that's not known for being very good or reputable.So--kinda rounds out what kind of person he is,IMO.If he's so frickin' concerned with people who are overweight,maybe he oughts send Chris Christie an email next.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I can't take somebody seriously who says that a person has to sit down and take abuse and not fight back because they're a nobody.

And I really don't care what you think.

We'll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that, because anything else will derail this awful thread.

The email was far from abusive and was not bullying. America has a big problem with obesity due to lack of education and most Americans use television to inform them of every aspect of life. Therefor, people in such positions should lead a better example.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes it was bullying. It was not constructive in any way.

Or let me put it this way.

You're black. You should just change your skin color because you aren't a good role model for the kids. You should just quit you job because you can't be a good role model for the kids because you're black.

I'm sorry, but i will just not agree that that is not bullying. There is no difference between that using the word fat in place of black.

You can make the claim that it isn't, but that claim is crap.

It's bullying pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't quite understand the incredible backlash and support for this. Yes I do agree this guy was rude but I wouldn't call this bullying either.

You have all these message boards after any publicized story or review on the internet where people are allowed to post whatever they feel towards the story or review, and this across a public forum for all to see. I read things 10x more insulting than this. I have never seen a CNNSI reporter get up on a soapbox and and single anybody out, unless it was a tongue in cheek response.

Her response and putting this guy on blast was an overreaction to the 3rd degree. This guy sent a private email to her, a private email......that only she could see, not anybody else. However she was allotted air time to belittle and berate this guy for his opinion, however calloused it may have been, for the whole viewing audience and internet world to see.

It's good she spoke up to him. Bullying? Nope, maybe if there were a succession of emails that increasingly got worse, or if it was on Facebook or something similar. When I read his email, I don't see him manipulating or imposing his will on her other than stating his observation. I mean, these guys post their email address for feedback right, whether it's positive or negative, maybe this guy should have emailed the station manager with his concerns if this was legit and not trolling. Hyper sensitivity blown out of proportion.

I was bullied in good ol Chicago and po-dunk Oklahoma... I don't see any similarities here. My 1 1/2 cents.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join