It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

LOL @ the women in this thread defending what this woman did. You all use the same excuses. Oh,I had 3-4-7 kids.OH I have a medical problem.NO.You have a I eat to much problem.And the same goes for overweight men.Women just tend to use excuses more then men do.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

WRONG. It is NOT "guaranteed" that if you stop eating, you will lose weight. I could lose weight easily in my youth, but I had a hysterectomy when I was 46. After that, I found weight gain came very easily, and the weight wouldn't come off, no matter how little I ate, or how much I exercised. I did everything right, and still, the weight came on and wouldn't come off. It would make me very angry and hurt if someone came up to me and said they thought I needed to work on losing the weight.
I guess you must be one of those rare, medical miracles. Obesity is a result of laziness and lack of education. Every single fat person can lose weight no matter what medical condition they have, fact. Putting effort into understanding how your body responds to exercise and nutrition is the first step to losing weight but most fat people would rather make excuses and justify their life style as a medical condition. It seems that the bodies of those people who have "tried every diet" and don't lose weight, have evolved to using photosynthesis.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Correct!!! I actually have hypothyroidism and I can maintain my weight just fine. I don't go to the gym or anything like that. I just go about doing my normal everyday things. But the major thing is diet!!!. You can eat as long as you know what you're eating, how you're eating it, when your eating it and how much.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherry0

Originally posted by JPhish

No, there is a reason they call it "overweight". It is because you are OVER your ideal WEIGHT for being healthy.

Who's "they" exactly?

Not trying to be rude, just a serious question actually.

I don't think "they" (whoever they might be) can really dictate what ones ideal weight is. Only the individual is able to determine where they feel comfortable at in regards to their weight.

Weight does not always determine health; looks can be deceiving. I personally know a few diabetics who looked seemingly healthy on the outside but because they had made some unwise food choices for much of their lives, payed for it later in the form of a disease, which is unfortunate. They did not have to be overweight/obese to be unhealthy. However, I am glad they are well and can only hope they live a very long life regardless of their health issues.

I agree with everything you just said.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Correct!!! I actually have hypothyroidism and I can maintain my weight just fine. I don't go to the gym or anything like that. I just go about doing my normal everyday things. But the major thing is diet!!!. You can eat as long as you know what you're eating, how you're eating it, when your eating it and how much.

Hypothyroidism cant stop you from losing weight. Calories in < Calories out, you cant just defy physics. Read my second post on page 19.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Miri08

Didn't you say like ten pages ago you were making your last post in this thread? I knew you couldn't stay away because you WANT to make excuses for obese people.

Yes I did say that I was making my last post and then I came back to read a reply that was given to me and saw the monumental amount of hate being thrown around and decided that I would continue to comment so that this thread wouldn't just be a bunch of people bashing overweight people and patting each other on their self righteous backs. Thankfully there are others too that aren't a bunch of close minded bigots. And thankfully there are many people who can disagree with me where obesity is concerned and do it in a respectful manner.

I can guarantee you one thing though, as far as I'm concerned this little exchange between you and me is done because from your tone it's obvious you have nothing pertinent at all to contribute to the discussion one way or another. In fact judging from your reply to me and your "LOL look at the women in this thread" post shortly after your reply to me, it looks very much like you just want to be a confrontational jerk.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

She should have brushed off the letter. Or she should have responded to this man personally.

Firstly as we know they could have chosen not to show this email. The crew went out to make a point that being overweight is fine if she accepts it, and is happy being overweight. The things is: To say, "Hey, i am fat and i am happy that i am" is not news to promote that it is indeed okay to be overweight.

When one is overweight stay positive, but do try your ultimate best to lose the extra weight and live a healthier life. As she gets older and her heath deteriorates and she learns that she was lying to herself (that time will come) it could be too late.

I have been overweight almost half my life and i have had few people telling me i am and it does hurt. I got angry, i defended my weight as it was okay and they should leave me alone. Then i started with breathing problems, stomach issues of note (i am still on medication cause i lived in denial)

I realized that some of those who told me i was "fat" actually did care. I went in life to make myself a healthier person, staying positive i can do it. It took me about a year, but i dropped almost 30kg's (66 lbs). I can lie down at night without heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, walk without breaking a sweat. Yeah, i still suffer from a hernia but at least it is 50% better than it used to be.

Now i look at my kids. They see an overweight person saying "I am happy with the way i am" and it subliminally works on them. Someone who watched this story will have been led to believe it is fine being overweight and not to be healthy.

I try to warn people cause i care. I do not dislike this lady, but i do dislike that she made some to believe that being overweight is okay. It is so far from okay. Anyone who comes here and defend what she said should look at ones they love and see them being overweight and living a unhealthy lifestyle.

It is pure common sense that being overweight, or underweight, is not a good thing. She promoted an unhealthy lifestyle as she is happy about the way she looks. If we are overweight are we gonna tell our kids, "Hey, it is okay! Enjoy!"?

I cannot agree on how she and the station handled the situation. I have to say, IMO, she is not obese, overweight but not obese. She can change to a healthier lifestyle, unless there is an underlying medical problem she did not talk about, and be truly proud of herself.

And before i get bashed: I have a 13 year old son who used to be obese. We did not pressurize him to lose weight, nor did we ever tell him he is "fat" but we worked with him in a healthy way. To show we care and love him no matter what. At times it got rough but we did it because we love him and want him to be healthy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
"October is anti-bullying month"

This phrase is somehow annoying me, im not sure why, i think it might be down to that fact that i feel every month should be anti-blullying month. This is not something we have to address as adults on a specific month of the year, this is something we have to stamp out now, every day, every month. Bullying should not have a month set aside to discuss and become aware of the issues.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Undeadlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This dude was asked to come on TV to defend his position, or should I say his attack on Jennifer Livingston! He turn down the offer and I think I know why.. Most likely he's an underachiever, overweight and probably can't and won't follow one letter of his rules he place on others, in other words "A LOSER"!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
The story below is hateful, yet great all at the same time... A CBS news anchor received an email from a gentlemen a very hurtful email that should NEVER have happened, but it did. In the video you will see exactly what was written to the female news anchor and I'll let you decide if he "has a point" or if he crossed the line. The reason why I'm posting this video is because how the female news anchor responded to the gentlemen. IMO, she killed him with kindness and she did it by bringing awareness to a issue our country is seeing today...Bullying... With October being anti-bullying awareness month, its good to see people out there who care to not lash back when they're hurt, but instead they care to educate so these things will not happen again. Please take a look at the story and video and let me know what you think ATS...

www.examiner.com...

My videos never post here is the youtube link

www.youtube.com...

Mods- I ran a search didn't see this story

**** If someone could show me how to post a youtube video, i would greatly appreciate it... I cut and paste the link in the VID-Youtube box but it didnt work
edit on 2-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

She's obese. The message sent to her wasn't mean.

No one said, "you're just a number on a scale".

Seems like she's making a lot of excuses, and actually not accepting that the only one that can make her not obese is... her.

Honestly, I think her response is wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by jhn7537

This dude was asked to come on TV to defend his position, or should I say his attack on Jennifer Livingston! He turn down the offer and I think I know why.. Most likely he's an underachiever, overweight and probably can't and won't follow one letter of his rules he place on others, in other words "A LOSER"!

The fact is his "rules" as you call them involved her being in the public eye. And he, if he is, as you claim, a "underachiever," "overweight" "loser" probably is not.

If she was a drug addict, promoting THAT unhealthy lifestyle, would you be defending her? Or his right to criticise her?

The US has a MASSIVE problem with obesity. Pretending it's OK is only making it worse.

Put this another way, which would you rather be responsible for raising:

- A dangerously overweight child, with long term health problems, or
- Someone that, as a child, called other kids fat

It's a LOT easier to learn sensitivity than it is to change your eating and exercise habits. Believe me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I agree that fatties should not be allowed on the TV, as they are a bad influence on the young.
Maybe I'd allow comedians, as the fat ones are sometimes quite funny.
Sumo wrestlers are okay too.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
98% of all people who diet and exercise to lose weight eventually gain it back. I have lost my weight and regained it 3 times. Until you have done it you have no idea how much work and discipline it takes. Why can't I keep it off? Good question.

I have will power out the @$$. I have water fasted for a week before. How many of you could do that? I have eaten only 500 calories a day for 18 weeks before. How many of you could do that? I have walked 4 miles a day every day for months on end. I have tried Atkins, "burn the fat feed the muscle", HCG. I can lose the weight in many ways - THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

Its when I try to maintain my weight-loss that is the problem. I literally have to eat no more than 1500 calories a day to not gain weight. But at that calorie intake I am weak and starving 24/7. I'm 5'9" and male with a large frame (and no I don't mean fat - I have broad shoulders and a large chest - my legs are thick and strong)

So I work my ass off - literally - losing weight and struggle like hell to keep it off and the only thing that keeps it off is starving myself on far fewer calories than I should for my height and build. Meanwhile several thin people I know eat anything and everything they want with no exercise and stay perfectly thin. And all the advice I get is from people that have never been overweight and just regurgitate what they have heard and act like they are so superior and have such great will power.

Whatever go _____ yourself!

edit: oh and I knew one of those 2% that keep it off. What did he have to say about it? He said he just got used to being hungry all the time ...

watch it ... pay attention ...

edit on 4-10-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
reply to post by jhn7537

Meh, who likes skinny chicks anyway. Personally, I think she's quite pretty.

I would not use the word fat I'd use curvy or reubenesque.

Her body is rubenesque but that face is fat.

I like the curvys too, but uh... there's healthy and unhealthy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"The internet has become a weapon and schools a battlefield"

SHUT UP!!!!!

People like this will do nothing but decrease your freedoms as you all applaud her

This woman is not too bright in my opinion
And sorry to say if I were her I would be at the gym twice a day

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undeadlady
"October is anti-bullying month"

This phrase is somehow annoying me, im not sure why, i think it might be down to that fact that i feel every month should be anti-blullying month. This is not something we have to address as adults on a specific month of the year, this is something we have to stamp out now, every day, every month. Bullying should not have a month set aside to discuss and become aware of the issues.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Undeadlady because: (no reason given)

Every month should be Black History month, but February (shortest month of the year) is.. Go figure!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I am really annoyed by modern girls, this one is another prime example.

She is Obese, She looks Obese. This matter is entirely in her hands. She chose to be. Yet fingerpointing always reaches the others.

Stating she's fat is not cruel in itself, it is the truth. If it bothers her she can act.
This wise guy is questionning the impact her position has on spectators, wich is a good question.

They complain everyday that their kids games are violent wich leads to them being violent, maybe obese girls on prime time really leads to obesity increase in the public ?

Who's the bully, the man sending a private email or the girl jumping on him from her mass-media podium in front of the nation ?

I bet her poor kids are fatsoes. poor kids left in the hands of a cruel mother.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Firstly, granted, English is not my first language, but this is not my understanding of what constitutes bullying - not even close. If I am wrong about that, then that may be why I could be seen as pro-bullying.

Secondly, it is my understanding that obesity is a very serious problem and a major health issue in America (it is in Europe), causing hundreds of thousands of Americans to die each year, leaving many more with serious, often fatal, deceases and costing billions upon billion of dollars annually. If I am wrong about that, then that may be why I could be seen as pro-bullying.

While certainly not pleasant reading for the news anchor, I struggle to see how the author of the mail could tackle the delicate topic with much more grace while still getting his point across.

He is not using mean words.
He is not calling her names.

He even avoids calling her fat referencing instead her "unimproved physical condition", though she by her own words is clinically obese. And he does raise the in my opinion not irrelevant issue of whether or not public figures has some kind of responsibility to not promote unhealthy living. Mind you, he is not telling her, that she does - he urges her to reconsider whether or not she does.

The point is that he has a valid reason to address her personal shortcomings, and he does so in private, not exhibiting her needlessly. Of course the polite thing would be to say nothing, but he has a legit concern, which he addresses with no unnecessary verbal harassment or abuse. Is that the mark of a bully?

A decade ago 365,000 deaths were caused by obesity in the U.S. costing US$ 117 billion. Annually. It is considered an epidemic. It is serious.

I do not care much for analogies, but imagine that the email had been about her (re)presenting another health issue like smoking cigarettes, would you still feel the same? It Really is not that different. One the one hand it is her own business, but on the other hand, when she became a TV-personality, her influence and arguably her responsibility rose exponentially.

That is what the email is about.
And surely that is not bullying.
edit on 4-10-2012 by DupontDeux because: Formatting

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
98% of all people who diet and exercise to lose weight eventually gain it back. I have lost my weight and regained it 3 times. Until you have done it you have no idea how much work and discipline it takes. Why can't I keep it off? Good question.

Maybe because you don't have realistic goals, or good practices to achieve these goals.

I have will power out the @$$. I have water fasted for a week before. How many of you could do that? I have eaten only 500 calories a day for 18 weeks before. How many of you could do that? I have walked 4 miles a day every day for months on end. I have tried Atkins, "burn the fat feed the muscle", HCG. I can lose the weight in many ways - THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

Its when I try to maintain my weight-loss that is the problem. I literally have to eat no more than 1500 calories a day to not gain weight. But at that calorie intake I am weak and starving 24/7. I'm 5'9" and male with a large frame (and no I don't mean fat - I have broad shoulders and a large chest - my legs are thick and strong)

If you're doing water fasts, or eating 500 calories a day, you're taking an incorrect approach. Whoever told you to do that should be slapped in the face. The reason you gain weight at 1500 calories when your body finally gives in, is because you've slowed your metabolism to a crawl with these starvation protocols. Smooth and steady wins the race.

You need to figure out how many calories you need to intake to maintain your weight, when you're metabolism is revved up properly. From there, decrease by 25% max...20% max for the less fat. You must include the amount of calories burned while exercising into this equation as well. The most someone should lose to keep from losing lean body mass, and prevent starvation (lowered metabolism), is approximately 1% bodymass per month. Anything more is likely unsustainable, and will lead to the yo-yo effect you've experienced.

So I work my ass off - literally - losing weight and struggle like hell to keep it off and the only thing that keeps it off is starving myself on far fewer calories than I should for my height and build. Meanwhile several thin people I know eat anything and everything they want with no exercise and stay perfectly thin. And all the advice I get is from people that have never been overweight and just regurgitate what they have heard and act like they are so superior and have such great will power.

Hey man I'm a hard gainer for lean body mass, it comes down to genetics and hormones with how fast we can build or lose muscle or fat, but it's still doable. You just need to have better protocols for losing the weight. If your heart can handle it, try high intensity exercise, and only drop 500-1000 calories per day. That equates to 1-2 lbs of fat loss each week. THAT is sustainable until you start to get lean. Then you bump it back up to maintenance slowly.

So I'm not saying you don't have the will power, just that you've taken extreme, incorrect approaches to sustain the weight loss. If you can keep your metabolism revved up while losing the fat, it'll stay off, as long as you keep to the protocol indefinitely. Starving yourself will just screw you up hormonally, and metabolically.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Whatever go _____ yourself!

edit: oh and I knew one of those 2% that keep it off. What did he have to say about it? He said he just got used to being hungry all the time ...

watch it ... pay attention ...

edit on 4-10-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

As I said earlier, you must be one of those medical miracles that has a different physiology to the rest of the human race. Or you need to educate yourself further on nutrition. The fact that you gain weight when eating over 1500 calories means your body does not need the extra energy but at 5'9 I would say you are miscalculating your calorie intake or you are eating the wrong combination of foods. Or you could be eating too few calories. Jumping from one fad diet to another usually results in people gaining weight back soon after they have lost it. It's about a change in lifestyle, not a quick fix but I'm sure you will find another excuse.

edit on 4-10-2012 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join