It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Although I disagree with the letter, by pointing out who wrote the letter she has potentially created a worse problem! I don't see her as overweight but I do see her as exactly what she claims has happened to her...

SHE IS A BULLY!
yep! you heard me! Here are the facts so how can you disagree? I challenge you OP or anyone else!

They published his name allowing for retaliation by anyone!

a fact I cannot believe that the channel allowed the publishing of his name!

She used her position in the media to publicly humiliate another person for their albeit wrong opinion! Standing up for ones self is not retaliation!

If their name was kept anonymous I would understand, but it was not. She could have ignored this person, addressed them personal or several other ways, but instead she chose to use this to her advantage. She has thus perpetuated the problem and possibly made it worse!

And I will bet most of you rightfully outraged at what the letter writer wrote (I am too) but are missing the bigger picture and that is we are allowed free speech even if it is a wrongful or hurtful opinion.

Funny the bullied has become bully...Shame on her!
edit on 3-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

She is indeed the bully! Glad someone else realized this.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is nonsense, sure it was directed towards the fat lady, but constructive, and another attack on the internet being quote from the anchor, "a dangerous weapon". She deserves every bit of that in my opinion
edit on 3-10-2012 by etoibmys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is not bullying, the email was polite and simply stated the truth without any insults. For someone who supposedly has a thick skin, she sure did overreact.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

I can agree on a parent helping their children, I can agree on schools having nutrition education, I can agree on employers offering health incentives.

What I can not agree with is the general public using the guise of health consciousness to interject their lives into a strangers health and treating obese people like pariahs.

If you can not see the distinction that I am trying to make then we will have to agree to disagree, which is fine. Have a lovely night/day.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I admit I haven't read all the replies. But I have to say, with exercise and diet I've lost about 20 pounds over the past year, and I just started doing yoga and within the past two weeks I am now less than I was in high school. I know this definitely is not the same situation for others (especially those who have kids, as I have none). However, my step-mother has thyroid problems and she is in great shape because she works out regularly.

I recently switched back to being a vegetarian (I was one for 7+ years). Every time I go back to being a vegetarian and exercising I notice a HUGE difference in my health. I know vegetarianism doesn't work for everyone, but exercise does. People should NEVER judge others based on looks, but exercise and proper diet really do work.

People in the US are getting bigger every year, and that is something that can be avoided. I still eat fast-food, just not as much, and with exercise it doesn't make a big difference (if I exercise regularly I still lose weight even if I "cheat" sometimes by eating fast-food).

ETA: over the past year I have also worked out with kettlebells and started running. All in small steps. Every pound I lost was due to hard work because I wanted to feel better about myself. Her report, in my opinion, just gives people an OK to stay lazy and sit in front of the box while she reports the news. The situation may not be the same for everyone, but in most cases lack of exercise and eating junk food is what causes people to gain weight.
Our nation is getting more obese, and that means that more people will die at a younger age... Just because they don't take care of their bodies.

Like I said, people should not judge others, but at the same time everyone should want to take care of themselves.
edit on 10/4/2012 by celebration because:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

People in front of the camera do have a higher standard to uphold, being fat in a country where obesity is killing us and being in front of the camera gives the rest of our country the idea that it's ok and no big deal, IMO.It's just a symbol for people. Hey remember when the models were sickeningly skinny and the bleeding hearts were crying that they were setting a bad example? Same thing here...they seet a very bad example that's the facts.

Youth and even others tend to try and emulate their idols.
edit on 4-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling and add

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

If you stop eating you will lose weight.

This is a fact.

If you stop eating you will die

This is a fact too!

You can't give up food like you give up smoking.
Not everyone is going to burn the same calories or react to things like MSG (which fattens people) in the same way.

If you never went out side and had contact with people you would almost never get a virus either. It's not realistic to expect people to avoid contact with the outside world.

Besides, being a little overweight is actually healthy. As long as you don't carry it around your waist, it's not that bad.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
All hail Jennifer Livingston!

It's what's inside that counts and if everyone would just focus on that the world would be a better place.

The world has gone to hell in a hand basket and it's mainly because we're all so concerned with appearances.

I agree but i don't feel bad for Jen cause the beauty she possesses will never fade but i pity those hateful, shallow individuals who strive so hard to maintain their appearance cause that's all they have and all they will ever be! God help all the shallow and hateful people with their insecurities!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Hey remember when the models were sickeningly skinny and the bleeding hearts were crying that they were setting a bad example? Same thing here...they seet a very bad example that's the facts.

Youth and even others tend to try and emulate their idols.
edit on 4-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling and add

The bad example they were setting was their was just ONE standard of beauty.

For a while, that's all they were showing. It would be terrible for a young girl who was skinny to never see a skinny model. After all, some skinny people try to gain weight and can't do it.

Say you see a handicapped person as a news anchor, young children aren't going to want to be handicapped but they realize even with the handicap you can still be a valued party of society.

I also just thought of something. Is it really the health issues people are concerned about? Or is it that she doesn't meet the standards of beauty?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
has anyone found the email addy of the guy, his fake name or real name? ive been searching all day someone said it was in the video but i cant find a video that says it or she says it unless i keep missing it? id like to find out if this guy even exsist, for all we know it was her husband ^^

i still believe this is a "fake story" made to steer public opinion, must be more harder bullying laws being proposed somewhere in next week or two ^9

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

If you stop eating you will lose weight.

This is a fact.

If you stop eating you will die

This is a fact too!

Um ... no, no it is not.

You can stop eating for YEARS if you are fat enough.

www.abc.net.au...

You can't give up food like you give up smoking.

Yes, yes you can.

Not everyone is going to burn the same calories or react to things like MSG (which fattens people) in the same way.
People are different. Shocker! If you stop eating so much you will lose weight. Stop making excuses.

If you never went out side and had contact with people you would almost never get a virus either. It's not realistic to expect people to avoid contact with the outside world.
It's more than realistic to expect someone with severe combined immunodeficiency to never leave the house or go near people.

Besides, being a little overweight is actually healthy. As long as you don't carry it around your waist, it's not that bad.
No, there is a reason they call it "overweight". It is because you are OVER your ideal WEIGHT for being healthy.

edit on 10/4/2012 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/2012 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by solarjetman

I ask this with sincerity because I believe the "mind your own business" mentality is both good and bad-- a lot of the problems we face today in the world directly stem from this self-centered idea of "not my problem."

There's an old saying:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and you can combine it with:

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Any way, what is making me sick is people are telling her shut the hell up and take it and are berating her for standing up for herself.

It boggles them mind that people think it's okay to insult and berate someone all to hell and back but it's not okay for her to stand up for herself?

What words should she have said?

She shouldn't have said anything?

This is why I hate society and why I believe people are nothing more than a rabid pack of bullies who get off on hurting people.

You have to sit down and let people hurt you all to hell and back. They're only words. How dare you stand up for yourself.

Disgusting.

People have a right to defend themselves and I'll never understand this if somebody just insults and berates you all to hell and back you have to sit down and shut up and take it.

How absolutely disgusting.

This turned into a disgusting thread.

Ummm, okay... not sure where any of this came from, so obviously you didn't read my post correctly. You guys need to stop looking at it like "the other side" is taking extremist stances on this issue. Everyone keeps acting like, "So what, should we just kill all fat people now?" Just because I didn't immediately jump up and down and say "You go girl" doesn't mean I want to send all fat people to FEMA camps. I simply asked one question: What would be a better way for the emailer to have approached her IF his intention was to help out?

My god, what a disgusting question to ask, no??

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by celebration
Like I said, people should not judge others, but at the same time everyone should want to take care of themselves.

I like what you said there.

It is true, we should not judge others. It is up to the individual to take care of themselves as they see fit. I see no reason to point out something that may cause someone unnecessary stress (stress is unhealthy).

We are creatures of free will and do with our lives as we please, no matter if the choice is good or bad! Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Would you want someone pointing out everyday some fault about you? If I want advice or help, I'll ask for it. Otherwise, any rude comments directed towards me is taken with a grain of salt.

I also want to add that negative emotions, particularly hate filled ones, is bad for your health. =D

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherry0

. Would you want someone pointing out everyday some fault about you?

If it was something I couldn't help and had to live with no i wouldn't, if it was something I could fix with effort and a little sweat yes I would.

Ive been out of shape and in shape. And I feel so much better in shape. My snoring basically goes away, my energy levels go through the roof, I can walk flights of stairs without keeling over, sex life improves etc etc.

Sure criticize me if its something I can change, that would benefit me.

You can change your weight and fitness level.
edit on 4-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarjetman

Ummm, okay... not sure where any of this came from, so obviously you didn't read my post correctly. You guys need to stop looking at it like "the other side" is taking extremist stances on this issue. Everyone keeps acting like, "So what, should we just kill all fat people now?" Just because I didn't immediately jump up and down and say "You go girl" doesn't mean I want to send all fat people to FEMA camps. I simply asked one question: What would be a better way for the emailer to have approached her IF his intention was to help out?

My god, what a disgusting question to ask, no??

Hi,
I know you weren't replying to me and I hope you don't mind if I make a comment in regards to your question. If you do mind feel free to ignore lol.

I feel like if his intention was to help out, being that he doesn't have any sort of personal relationship to the woman, that he should find ways to fight obesity without singling out an individual that he does not know.

I can understand all of the people who replied to this thread saying that obesity is dangerous, etc. Yes it is and if a person truly wants to fight the disease obesity that's great - however that can be done without calling out a specific individual that you don't even really know.

Some people in this thread have shown their true colors, calling obese people things like disgusting, pigs, etc. without taking into account the myriad of reasons that one can be obese. But some have shown their concerns in a respectful manner.

A person is not a disease. Fight the disease not the person.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The message was hurtful but direct. It was stated the best way possible considering it's nature. The fat girl should have just learned from it and started losing weight, rather than getting all huffy and defensive, especially on air. Nobody wants to see a fat person, especially on tv.

People from the fringes of society, like overweights, gays, minorities, etc., should stop being defensive and falling back on the politically correct cushion that the govt. uses them with. Because with every annoying tantrum they throw it merely highlights why they're criticized and despised in the first place. They wouldn't be called on their actions if there's nothing wrong with them. They'd do best to sort out their issues rather than magnify them, or worse, justify them.

Because when fatso looks at herself in the mirror, she'll remember what the man stated in his message, and she knows his right.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

No, there is a reason they call it "overweight". It is because you are OVER your ideal WEIGHT for being healthy.

Who's "they" exactly?

Not trying to be rude, just a serious question actually.

I don't think "they" (whoever they might be) can really dictate what ones ideal weight is. Only the individual is able to determine where they feel comfortable at in regards to their weight.

Weight does not always determine health; looks can be deceiving. I personally know a few diabetics who looked seemingly healthy on the outside but because they had made some unwise food choices for much of their lives, payed for it later in the form of a disease, which is unfortunate. They did not have to be overweight/obese to be unhealthy. However, I am glad they are well and can only hope they live a very long life regardless of their health issues.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Originally posted by Cherry0

. Would you want someone pointing out everyday some fault about you?

If it was something I couldn't help and had to live with no i wouldn't, if it was something I could fix with effort and a little sweat yes I would.

Ive been out of shape and in shape. And I feel so much better in shape. My snoring basically goes away, my energy levels go through the roof, I can walk flights of stairs without keeling over, sex life improves etc etc.

Sure criticize me if its something I can change, that would benefit me.

You can change your weight and fitness level.
edit on 4-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for replying. I do agree. I feel a million times better when I'm in shape as well. As does everyone I'm sure. I believe moderation is the key.

However, I don't think that pointing out faults though is THE motivator. Sure, helping someone by example or giving advice when asked can help motivate. But some people don't take criticism as a form of help and can sometimes make things worse.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
20 page thread all because some fat chick got her feelings hurt? Is this ATS or Facebook?

And I say that because this # has been posted all over my FB. Big deal.This isn't even close to bullying.She's twisting things to make herself out to be the victim. I'd seriously LOVE to read what she sent back to him.I can guarentee you it wasn't anything like she said on the air. Get a #ing grip people.
edit on 4-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Didn't you say like ten pages ago you were making your last post in this thread? I knew you couldn't stay away because you WANT to make excuses for obese people.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join